Ridge Racer 6 Xbox 360

• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Nov 17, 2005
7.3

1. Aug 13, 2011
    This game came out right around the time the series was making its turning point into what it is today. I would argue for the worst but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying entries in the later half of the franchise's life.

The problem with this game, is that it just FEELS rushed. And indeed, if you play the Playstation 3 version (Ridge Racer 7) you will see that the tracks feel much more lively. One instance that sticks out to me in particular is in Ridge Racer 6 when you are driving down a bland tunnel. Nothing spectacular, just brown walls. But in Ridge Racer 7 there are lights and all kinds of neat effects around you. Even without this knowledge though, the game feels hastily put together, the bare bones interface, the lack of any... thing really. You have intro and ending movies, and menus to select races, and that is about the extent of it. Also, the movies do not have the personality or originality of past cutscenes in the series, even the attraction mode on the arcade cabinets is better.

Another complaint I have is the blatantly cheating artificial intelligence opponents in the hidden races. Giving your opponents infinite nitrous is not fair in the least. Eventually I was able to 100% the entire â
  2. Frank
    Jan 20, 2006
    Nice and smooth graphics. But nothing ground breaking. You ll be bored in no time.
  3. CiaranG.
    Jun 14, 2006
    Not worth buying unless you can get it for £10 ($18). I couldn't see in the night tracks, abysmal graphics and annoying and pointless commentator dude. Little or no depth to the game at all. No improvement from previous editions of the game.
  4. Mr.Review
    Aug 30, 2006
    Ridge Racer has always been about simplistic gameplay, an arcade style which can stand on its own in a world with the burnout and the Gran Turismo. but in a wolrd with Project Gotham, I fail to see why this game has any reaosn to exist. The RR series has always welcomed the launching systems, with the majority of previous entries comign out as launch games for a specific system. This Ridge Racer has always been about simplistic gameplay, an arcade style which can stand on its own in a world with the burnout and the Gran Turismo. but in a wolrd with Project Gotham, I fail to see why this game has any reaosn to exist. The RR series has always welcomed the launching systems, with the majority of previous entries comign out as launch games for a specific system. This entry in the RR series is formidable, adding an addition of nitrous and of course the graphical superiority unseen in any other of its kind. But even though it is undeniably the most gorgeous RR game ever, it is quite underwhelming as a next gen title. more importabtly, the gameplay is quite fun. In the beginning it is an extremely challenging game, offering you a strong host of cars, only to be pummelled by the excellent rubberband AI. To wrap things up, Ridhe Racer is solid. it defines solid. The gameplay is fun in quick bursts, and the main "career esque mode can entrap a player for many many hours. 111 races later and you may seem fed up with racing games altogether. only the truly dedicated will return with every achievement, and RR has its fair share of difficulty to keep a busy player busy for a tad longer. Expand

1. Ridge Racer is just too basic when compared to the competition. Its fun for the first while, but it grows old quick.
  2. games(TM)
    Anyone buying a Ridge Racer game knows exactly what they’re getting and won’t be disappointed with this shiny and seemingly unending racing bonanza. [Christmas 2005, p.129]
  3. Mediocre at best. If you’re trying to find a simple racer to appease someone who is confused with such daunting tasks as, say, reciting the alphabet, then Ridge Racer 6 might be what you’re looking for.