5.6

1. Aug 4, 2012
    By turns, "interesting" and "utterly broken" RISEN 2 for XBOX 360 is a technical mess with hitching, lockups, poor LOD, collision errors, toons walking thru toons, objects spawning within objects and other foibles. A late-cycle example of technical mastery, RISEN 2 is not; as an offbeat, more stylized RPG, the game's focused success, if any, is on pirate adventure with limited mystical overtones. Dev Piranha Bytes have a storied history with broken ports, underdeveloped GOTHIC 3 and its subsequent unauthorized add-on, including a nearly-broken (and not patched-to-completion) franchise-spawning RISEN on both PC and 360.
    It's difficult to recommend a game that barely runs and will most likely, NEVER be fixed nor patched to completion-
  2. Aug 20, 2012
    I rented this a couple days ago. I haven't played such a broken game since trying the first Two Worlds on 360. Annoying screen-tearing. Tiny text (I sit ten feet away from a 42" set) that makes me squint. The bloom/brightness whatnot in the game can get amazingly bright. The menu system doesn't make sense, and drags the game down even further.

The sad thing is the basic things in the
    game I love, such as the setting and not too serious storyline. It is just weird the developers pushed the game out the door like that, and even more weird the publisher didn't give them more time to polish it. Unplayable. Expand
  3. Sep 11, 2012
    I will love to say that this game is great, because I like the Pirates Of The Caribbeans plot. But after 3 hours of play the game slowly dies to *something* that could been good. The graphics are bellow average, the history line in the plot is week and hollow, and the game play is poor and annoying. But I'm not that surprise about it. Deep Silver have the ability to destroy games, and Risen 2 is the latest victim in a long list of games that were killed by Deep Silver incompetence. Expand
  4. Aug 4, 2012

1. Sep 24, 2012
    While the developer is on the right track, Risen 2: Dark Waters feels choppier than the last game, and will test those with little patience.
  2. Sep 23, 2012
    It might be better than Risen, but Dark Waters is constrained by its PC roots and hampered by inconsistent design and a truly awful engine. [Issue#89,p.84]
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    The Xbox 360 version of this western RPG suffers from all the syndromes these games have when they find their way onto consoles. Bugs, glitches and stubborn choices by the developers that can't seem to understand the nature of console gaming too well.