Rock Band 2 Xbox 360

8.3

1. JoshH
    Nov 15, 2008
    I am on the same page as Michael S. The game is two things: a new setlist, and fixes to problems from the first game(which should have been included in an update!). The setlist is beyond horrible; I thought Harmonix would improve on the first(which was not too bad), but this setlist has around 2-3 songs which are respectable. The DLC songs are mostly disappointing, and albums released areI am on the same page as Michael S. The game is two things: a new setlist, and fixes to problems from the first game(which should have been included in an update!). The setlist is beyond horrible; I thought Harmonix would improve on the first(which was not too bad), but this setlist has around 2-3 songs which are respectable. The DLC songs are mostly disappointing, and albums released are all average or poor quality. Artists that you see and recognize usually just have one song, and it may be one of their lowest quality ones, which is strange. Harmonix also included their local bands again(Freezepop, etc) to lower the average quality of music to a larger extent.
    The least that could have been done for this game is new graphics, or even new random band members. The game should be $20 or $30.
  2. samr
    Nov 7, 2008
    I only got the game and i was able to beat the solo guitar career only failing the last song a couple times on expert. i thought that it was way to easy and that guitar hero should have focused on the guitar option and let rock band be the party game. Also note Ghtunes was put together by a big mankey of a programmer. If you enjoyed the previous games try renting it first it will save you I only got the game and i was able to beat the solo guitar career only failing the last song a couple times on expert. i thought that it was way to easy and that guitar hero should have focused on the guitar option and let rock band be the party game. Also note Ghtunes was put together by a big mankey of a programmer. If you enjoyed the previous games try renting it first it will save you alot of money on a short game. Expand
  3. NatoV.
    Oct 27, 2008
    I played Rock Band shortly after it came out, and being a huge Guitar Hero fan, I hated it. But over time I grew weary of the same 50-60 Guitar Hero songs and wanted something new, so I bought Rock Band this summer. It grew on me and I got pretty excited for Rock Band 2. Rock Band 2 is a solid game. It fixes a lot of the minor problems with the first on and adds some cool new features. I played Rock Band shortly after it came out, and being a huge Guitar Hero fan, I hated it. But over time I grew weary of the same 50-60 Guitar Hero songs and wanted something new, so I bought Rock Band this summer. It grew on me and I got pretty excited for Rock Band 2. Rock Band 2 is a solid game. It fixes a lot of the minor problems with the first on and adds some cool new features. Any fan of Rock Band should buy Rock Band 2. Word to the wise though, I played through Rock Band's solo career... it was straight forward and fun for someone just looking to unlock all the songs and deck out their character. Rock Band 2 has done away with the solo career option instead offering a Solo World Tour mode. This blows completely. By the time I finished the game I had played some songs so many times that I was already sick of them. I could go the rest of my life without hearing White Wedding again... If you don't Rock Solo, this won't affect you, but it is a major complaint for me, and why I give Guitar Hero: world tour a slightly better score for it's superior solo options. Expand
  4. Jun 9, 2013
    Taking the formula of Guitar Hero and adding the option for both vocals and drums to be played alongside the guitar Rock Band 2 makes no real effort to cater for the single player but does make for a great party game.

1. Rock Band 2 is a great follow-up to an already good game. The improved track list and World Tour mode, and the implementation of some interesting new options make for a great sequel.
  2. Xbox World 360 Magazine UK
    HG's victory is an academic one. [Jan 2009, p.81]
  3. This is a worthy sequel with a look and feel that are more polished than last year’s effort.