Rock Band 2 Xbox 360

8.3

1. Oct 8, 2010
    Rock Band 2 has a large variety of genres on platform. The option of 2000 (At time of writing) songs ranging from Death Metal to Nerdcore to Funk to Rap to Trance. From Megadeth to Gun's n Roses to Snoop Dogg to Bob Marley.
    The option to import all the songs from Rock Band 1, Lego Rock Band and Green Day Rock Band allows users to keep on playing their songs on one disc and future editions of the game.
    World Tour bring a much longer and varied playthrough rather than Rock Band 1's play one song, next! play next song, NEXT!.
    Single users can play World Tour now.
    Realistic charts a.k.a single notes rather than a ensemble of three note chords.
    Weekly Download content announced every friday on Rockband.com
    Better graphics and colourschemes. (Have you seen the main menu tiger! D:)
    Rock Band Network allows even more songs for 360 users and soon to be PS3 and Wii Character Creator could do with a makeover
  2. MichaelS.
    Sep 10, 2008
    I was a fan of ROCK BAND, but I cannot excuse Rock Band 2s lack of innovation or any change watsoever. It is the exact same game, and has made the same mistake that Guitar Hero 2 and Rock the 80s made; it's an expansion, not a sequel. The setlist (and especially the bonus tracks) are beyond disappointing. I hope Harmonix is up for a huge overhaul come development of RB3. I have high I was a fan of ROCK BAND, but I cannot excuse Rock Band 2s lack of innovation or any change watsoever. It is the exact same game, and has made the same mistake that Guitar Hero 2 and Rock the 80s made; it's an expansion, not a sequel. The setlist (and especially the bonus tracks) are beyond disappointing. I hope Harmonix is up for a huge overhaul come development of RB3. I have high hopes, but as of now, this iteration is a major letdown. Collapse
  3. NanaM
    Oct 26, 2008
    I really love playing RB and GH, but unfortunately, I found this game just to be an expansion pack! WTF?!?! the characters, clothes, and STAGES are pretty much the same thing! Seriously, I feel ripped off by the cost of it. And is it me or is the graphics a bit fuzzy? This was not a $60 game, it was a $40 game.
  4. DamianM
    Oct 6, 2008
    Piece of crap. Seriously people, just buy any of the real instruments, because they cost about the same as this expensive and overrated load of sh*t.
  5. JoshH
    Nov 15, 2008
    I am on the same page as Michael S. The game is two things: a new setlist, and fixes to problems from the first game(which should have been included in an update!). The setlist is beyond horrible; I thought Harmonix would improve on the first(which was not too bad), but this setlist has around 2-3 songs which are respectable. The DLC songs are mostly disappointing, and albums released areI am on the same page as Michael S. The game is two things: a new setlist, and fixes to problems from the first game(which should have been included in an update!). The setlist is beyond horrible; I thought Harmonix would improve on the first(which was not too bad), but this setlist has around 2-3 songs which are respectable. The DLC songs are mostly disappointing, and albums released are all average or poor quality. Artists that you see and recognize usually just have one song, and it may be one of their lowest quality ones, which is strange. Harmonix also included their local bands again(Freezepop, etc) to lower the average quality of music to a larger extent.
    The least that could have been done for this game is new graphics, or even new random band members. The game should be $20 or $30.
  6. Mar 31, 2011
    Song list that can only appeal to people who can nicely fit their musical taste in a predictable box and think they can gain substantial musical knowledge from having a subscription to the Rolling Stones magazine.
  7. SteebJ.
    Oct 3, 2008
    This game is amazing and has the greatest setlist of any of the rock band or guitar hero games. a must buy.
  8. JordanK.
    Nov 3, 2008
    Great game...however, Damian is right to a certain point. I think that one of the reasons that people like rock band instead of real instruments, is it helps build confidence in a short period of time. It is much harder to play an actual instrument, and can take years to actually play the songs that you may find on rock band. Great game, but pick up a real guitar people.
  9. WilliamM.
    Oct 13, 2008
    This game is a great improvement to the first one. Easily able to switch instruments within the same character,upload rock band 1 tracks and play world tour online. Must buy for all rhythm game fans.
  10. JohnW.
    Dec 26, 2008
    An improvement over the original in all aspects. The huuuge song list is astounding, and the fact that I can play Rock Band 1 songs here was a thrill (Because I have to put in different discs to play GH songs.) Still not happy with the guitar though. Overall great party game.
  11. JustinE.
    Sep 22, 2008
    I HAVE Rock Band 1 and I rented Rock Band 2. At first, the setlist seemed incredibly unimpressive. As I got to know it better and hear more of the songs, I think it's actually better than Rock Band 1's AND Guitar Hero 3. It's amazing. It's not radically different than the first one, but it's packed with features you'd come to expect from a sequel. I'd I HAVE Rock Band 1 and I rented Rock Band 2. At first, the setlist seemed incredibly unimpressive. As I got to know it better and hear more of the songs, I think it's actually better than Rock Band 1's AND Guitar Hero 3. It's amazing. It's not radically different than the first one, but it's packed with features you'd come to expect from a sequel. I'd buy it if I had money. Expand
  12. Ian
    Jan 4, 2009
    This game is a big improvment over the first and is made better than GH: WT (even though it's compared more to RB1). Over 500 songs avalible including RB1 songs and AC/DC Live. This one is also more user friendly when it comes to playing with unskilled players (saving bandmate, No Fail). Even making real merch using your created character (tees, posters, figures).
  13. AshtonJ.
    Aug 8, 2009
    Such a simple concept and done so wonderfully. I am a vocalist on this game and can never get enough. I have to split my time between this and Left 4 Dead as I love them both and they are endlessly replayable on Xbox Live. I have fallen for nearly every song on disc and have found many I love as DLC. There are many songs and bands I would not have known about if not for this game and now Such a simple concept and done so wonderfully. I am a vocalist on this game and can never get enough. I have to split my time between this and Left 4 Dead as I love them both and they are endlessly replayable on Xbox Live. I have fallen for nearly every song on disc and have found many I love as DLC. There are many songs and bands I would not have known about if not for this game and now I can't get them out of my head until I belt them out with some friends and strangers online. Expand
  14. NickM.
    Oct 12, 2008
    Even though the game play is almost the same as the original, its still awesome. The best part about this game is the amazing amount of music that is offered through original rock band, new rock band 2, and DLC tracks.
  15. samr
    Nov 7, 2008
    I only got the game and i was able to beat the solo guitar career only failing the last song a couple times on expert. i thought that it was way to easy and that guitar hero should have focused on the guitar option and let rock band be the party game. Also note Ghtunes was put together by a big mankey of a programmer. If you enjoyed the previous games try renting it first it will save you I only got the game and i was able to beat the solo guitar career only failing the last song a couple times on expert. i thought that it was way to easy and that guitar hero should have focused on the guitar option and let rock band be the party game. Also note Ghtunes was put together by a big mankey of a programmer. If you enjoyed the previous games try renting it first it will save you alot of money on a short game. Expand
  16. NatoV.
    Oct 27, 2008
    I played Rock Band shortly after it came out, and being a huge Guitar Hero fan, I hated it. But over time I grew weary of the same 50-60 Guitar Hero songs and wanted something new, so I bought Rock Band this summer. It grew on me and I got pretty excited for Rock Band 2. Rock Band 2 is a solid game. It fixes a lot of the minor problems with the first on and adds some cool new features. I played Rock Band shortly after it came out, and being a huge Guitar Hero fan, I hated it. But over time I grew weary of the same 50-60 Guitar Hero songs and wanted something new, so I bought Rock Band this summer. It grew on me and I got pretty excited for Rock Band 2. Rock Band 2 is a solid game. It fixes a lot of the minor problems with the first on and adds some cool new features. Any fan of Rock Band should buy Rock Band 2. Word to the wise though, I played through Rock Band's solo career... it was straight forward and fun for someone just looking to unlock all the songs and deck out their character. Rock Band 2 has done away with the solo career option instead offering a Solo World Tour mode. This blows completely. By the time I finished the game I had played some songs so many times that I was already sick of them. I could go the rest of my life without hearing White Wedding again... If you don't Rock Solo, this won't affect you, but it is a major complaint for me, and why I give Guitar Hero: world tour a slightly better score for it's superior solo options. Expand
  17. brockjones
    Oct 27, 2008
    a great sequel to the first Rock Band, but it feels a lot like just a bunch of new songs. Not enough fixes of things like a lack of note streak count in a setlist (other than the last song) and the fact that the improved drums are just as breakable. Worth buying the game, not worth buying the new instruments to replace Rock Band 1's.
  18. MojoD.
    Oct 31, 2008
    More of an expansion than a sequel, Harmonix took everything that makes the original a great game and expanded upon it. By really listening to the (very vocal) fans, they added a slew of new options that make the game much more intuitive and fun. With the addition of loads of great tracks on the disk, it's cheaper than you'd end up paying for a similar selection of downloaded More of an expansion than a sequel, Harmonix took everything that makes the original a great game and expanded upon it. By really listening to the (very vocal) fans, they added a slew of new options that make the game much more intuitive and fun. With the addition of loads of great tracks on the disk, it's cheaper than you'd end up paying for a similar selection of downloaded content, so if you've already got the first game, or have been itching to rock out alone or with friends, Rock Band 2 is a sure-fire win. Expand
  19. CalebH.
    Sep 12, 2008
    Amazing game and surpasses the first one by leaps and bounds. All of the new features and stellar set list put this one above and beyond any music game to date. This is a must buy!
    Sep 16, 2008
    I agree with everyone's comments -- this is more of an evolution than revolution. The rough edges are off -- improved advancement for individuals as well as bands. Better ability to create bands online..... Drum kit seems a lot more sturdy than the original. Lots of fun.
  21. TaylorC.
    Sep 17, 2008
    Rock Band 2 is a perfect version of Rock Band. The game fixes all minor problems with the original and makes the experience more fun. The is one of the best games I've ever played and the best music game ever made.
  22. MatthewP.
    Sep 18, 2008
    The best 60 dollars I've spent this year. There are enough songs that I could play with my friends every night for a week and we wouldn't have to play the same song twice. Authentic note tabbing and attractive concert environment recreation make this game a must own.
  23. markstewart
    Jan 13, 2009
    Damian M in reply at the end of the day its just a bit of fun you know where you laugh and smile lol : ) and i play electric guitar and have been producing dance music for a good bit now and its good to have a break and enjoy make a few mistakes and laugh check out my tunes @
    www.myspace.com/antonszander666 add me if you want : )
  24. BrendanH.
    Nov 6, 2008
    Only marked down because sometimes the drums drop out for a few seconds during songs, annoying... other then that, Totally Perfect!!!
  25. BlakeH.
    Sep 14, 2008
    I was a HUGE fan of RB1, knew the game inside out. I've had Rock Band 2 for around 5 days now and absolutely love it. It doesn't innovate too much other than the online Tour and Battle of the Bands mode, but I like to think of RB2 as RB1 with all of the stuff people wanted fixed and added in it. 84 +20 songs isn't bad at all for $60.
  26. ChristianR.
    Sep 16, 2008
    Love it! Everything that made the first one fantastic, minus a lot of the things that didn't.
  27. ChrisM
    Oct 14, 2009
    Simply the best music game to date. Great song selection, great DLC, and the ability to import songs from other games? Nothing not to like. There's something here for people of all skill levels, and plenty of ways for an experienced player to play with newer people too (which is a HUGE help for a party game).
  28. NiklasA
    Dec 14, 2009
    A great party game. The main issue involved is the crappy Rock band guitar, which is extremely easy to break, and is non-responsive. When I bought this I had to go buy guitar hero just for the hardware! But besides that, the online has great support, with a HUGE selection of music, and I cant recall a single one of my fav. bands not being on that list either. If you have the previous rock A great party game. The main issue involved is the crappy Rock band guitar, which is extremely easy to break, and is non-responsive. When I bought this I had to go buy guitar hero just for the hardware! But besides that, the online has great support, with a HUGE selection of music, and I cant recall a single one of my fav. bands not being on that list either. If you have the previous rock band, then theres no sense in buying the full set too, you dont need two drums. Expand
  29. MaxH
    Nov 17, 2008
    A solid improvement on the original Rock Band. DLC just makes this game that much better... as well as a Fender Precision, Ion Drumkit and such. :)

Can't comment on the "RB2" peripherals, cause I never bothered picking them up.

Solid track list, very polished design, and great for breaking out at parties!
  30. eXistenZZnetsiXe
    Nov 24, 2008
    Sam r: Firstly, how the hell can you judge a game based on your incredible virtuoso skills? As if the rest of us can play it on expert and 'beat it without failing' like you can. Secondly, I think you're lying through the plaque on your teeth. What a douche.
  31. RockBand2Owner
    Dec 31, 2008
    Rock Band 2, simply put, is an extension of Rock Band 1. Rock Band 1 was already a great game. Therefore, Rock Band 2, with its superior track list, is better. Why not a 10? The need of more than 1 person to have fun. However, the lack of a perfect single player is of no consequence to me, as the multiplayer is more excellent than I thought it would be when I decided to purchase this game.
  32. Oct 21, 2010
    one of the best music games ive played thus far. has a great track list you can import all the songs from RB1 for just $5 and all the DLC songs you downloaded can be used as well . this is the ultimate party game to get together with your friends and play . the carear mode is very long and will keep you busy and unlike RB1 can be done solo of you feel like playing by your self now. the RBone of the best music games ive played thus far. has a great track list you can import all the songs from RB1 for just $5 and all the DLC songs you downloaded can be used as well . this is the ultimate party game to get together with your friends and play . the carear mode is very long and will keep you busy and unlike RB1 can be done solo of you feel like playing by your self now. the RB instramints still suck so use the guitar hero guitars if you have them or get one trust me they are so much better then RB's . the graphics still suck . looks like it belongs on the PS2 but graphics arnt as important in this kinda game but still they could have done a better job . the new challange mode is also nice addition . Expand
  33. Sep 6, 2010
    All you need to know is that I have been playing RB2 since the weekend it was released and it still holds my attention now. Best value for money gaming ever.
  34. Jun 9, 2013
    Taking the formula of Guitar Hero and adding the option for both vocals and drums to be played alongside the guitar Rock Band 2 makes no real effort to cater for the single player but does make for a great party game.

1. Rock Band 2 is a great follow-up to an already good game. The improved track list and World Tour mode, and the implementation of some interesting new options make for a great sequel.
  2. HG's victory is an academic one. [Jan 2009, p.81]
  3. This is a worthy sequel with a look and feel that are more polished than last year’s effort.