8.1

1. Nov 9, 2010
    I was looking forward to this game and really wanted to like it. It doesn't even seem like it was made by the same people who developed RB1 and 2 and that's a huge disappointment. @ First of all, this game crashes a lot, not just for me but for quite possibly the majority of people. I play online a lot and I haven't run into anyone who hasn't crashed yet. There are two kinds of crashes. One is at a particular loading scene with roadies pushing crates. It will completely lock up your system and you'll be forced to power down. The other is the game closing itself randomly. One second you're navigating or playing and the next you're looking at your dashboard. I don't know if there are any plans to fix these bugs but I don't understand how the game was released in this state. This couldn't possibly have been a surprise to the developers. @ Secondly a lot of personality was taken from the game, especially in the way of characters. Character names are no longer seen online. They don't get introduced at the start of a session. You can't create an attitude for them anymore either. The animations look stiff to me. They also have a lot of bugs. @ Onto gameplay. RB3 doesn't have any real objective or direction like the previous titles did. World Tour is gone so now the 2 main modes are quickplay or challenges. The challenges were the worst, least played part of RB2 yet they decided to run with them. They tried to put a new face on the challenges by giving them a tourlike roadmap and instituting a spade system for doing well at each 'mission' but the whole thing is only 10 sections long. Also, you will find yourself sacrificing high scores in order to successfully complete a lot of them. This should have been a side gig next to World Tour, it feels like a lazy replacement. @ Competitive modes have been abolished. And for what reason? I have no idea. I think a lot of people were expecting an improvement in score duel, like normal note highways, but they completely got rid of it. At some point a meeting took place where they all decided it was a good idea to remove this classic feature. I'm still scratching my head. @ No fail can now be used throughout the game to finish songs, unlock achievements and post scores to the leaderboards. No fail is certainly great for parties and fine if you want to play through a song that you know you can't pass but that's where it should end. Rock Band 1 was the most successful of the series and there was plenty of failing. Most people think they want something for nothing but when they get it, the perceived value is low. Trying to beat a song is a powerful motivator to play more often. Killing incentive is not the answer to lagging sales. @ The music video modes are blinding. They come up often. Granted they may not affect everyone negatively but there are an awful lot of people complaining. There should be an option to avoid them and it's hard to believe this didn't occur to anyone during playtesting. @ The Endless Setlist. I don't know why they bothered to include it without World Tour. The point of World Tour was to unlock the Endless Setlist, get your icon and acheive "Immortal Status." But now you can play through the ESL right from Quickplay without unlocking it. You will not get an icon when you're done. Makes sense, I guess since you can play with no fail on and literally not have to do anything except for hit "next song." @ The setlist. A lot of people are going to say that's a subjective point. There are definitely a handful of incredible songs in this game. The rest? Let's just say that finding a 83 songs with good parts on guitar, bass, drums, vocals AND keyboards must have been an extremely difficult task and it shows. Better luck next time. @ That brings me to the keyboard. I'm mixed on this. A new instrument is fun. On the other hand, it's not so fun when you have a massive amount of DLC and only 80 songs have a part for you to play. Additionally, keyboard parts tend to have lots of dead space. They're often used as accents to songs. The Doors DLC is very good for keyboards, we'll see what else comes down the pipeline. â Expand
  2. Nov 6, 2010
    This game was a HUGE letdown, i love the second and i gave it a 10/10 for its amazing set list and how realistic the tabs were. The only thing that is good about the third one is for how realistic its tabs are, and how many song are available for download. I bought the pro drums for 130 bucks and they would randomly fall apart, and hit notes aromatically without me even playing them. I sold them to gamestop and i got a new one, and i got the same problem. Right now i am heading to gamestop to get as much money as i can to get for this worthless game. Expand

1. Jan 18, 2011
    No doubt, Rock Band 3 is the new reference in the musical game gender. With its simple gameplay and accurate in all instruments, its flexible interface and well thought career mode, it dusts off the old Rock Band 2.
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    Rock Band 3 have an amazing track list, an exciting new support for instruments and many challenges and rewards that will keep us busy for months. This is the best iteration in any musical saga to date. A must-have.
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    It's Rock Band as usual, but its newly implemented Pro Mode shows that people who have been unchallenged so far can have their share of fun. Bundled with a whopping 2000 songs waiting for you optionally, this game could be worth a sin.