Rock Band 3 Xbox 360

8.3

1. Oct 29, 2010
    What do you need to do to experience the newest experience in music games? Buy more expensive instruments (or at least add-ons). In a dying genre, how long do you expect these to last you? The keyboard is nice and works well, just granted that playing 20+ keys on a 5 color track may want you to go pro from the start. They did not release the "real" pro guitar on release day, holding offWhat do you need to do to experience the newest experience in music games? Buy more expensive instruments (or at least add-ons). In a dying genre, how long do you expect these to last you? The keyboard is nice and works well, just granted that playing 20+ keys on a 5 color track may want you to go pro from the start. They did not release the "real" pro guitar on release day, holding off for 2011, but the other guitar is nice and MIDI capable, but still, it is a bit of a surprise the Harmonix held off the release of the squier, but that will be out soon enough. Overall, this game breathes new life into it, but still, with a dying music genre of today, this may the the first, and last game to use these features. Expand
  2. Oct 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rock band 3 es el nuevo referente de un género que tiene las horas contadas en las consolas de sobremesa; y es que seguir con la misma mecánica año tras año hace que rock band sea un juego muy limitado. Tiene un track list demoledor, la posibilidad de usar teclado y es infinitamente superior a su rival, pero si EA quiere triunfar ha de innovar mucho más. Expand
  3. Oct 26, 2010
    Well on the surface rockband 3 exhibits some pretty impressive features, which for me personally was a big selling point of this game . However the aspect of the game I found most disappointing was the fact it is simply the same as rockband 2. I can't help feel that I have been parted with my well earned cash for a large expansion pack. The keyboard is a welcomed edition but not somethingWell on the surface rockband 3 exhibits some pretty impressive features, which for me personally was a big selling point of this game . However the aspect of the game I found most disappointing was the fact it is simply the same as rockband 2. I can't help feel that I have been parted with my well earned cash for a large expansion pack. The keyboard is a welcomed edition but not something that has got me excited about the game.Also the career mode has been improved and on my play through I thoroughly enjoyed it but the setlist just isn't as expansive as past iterations of the series. Thank god you can import songs. The pro guitar in theory is a very good idea but for me I would prefer to buy a REAL guitar and get proper tuition. Overall I'm a little dissapointed with the game in that it's rockband 2 with a different box art. Guitar hero springs to mind unfortunately. If you are desperately seeking a new music game then perhaps this is for you but if not I would stick to rockband 2 and save your money for something with more substance. Expand
  4. Nov 2, 2010
    This is the music game that the genre has been waiting for and the possible savior that it needs. Taking the only good part of Guitar Hero (the drop in/drop out) and improving it, then adding keyboards, harnony vocals from The Beatles Rock Band and getting rid of that repetitive World Tour Mode you have the apex of rhythm gaming. I'm not going to mention Pro-Guitar although it's a veryThis is the music game that the genre has been waiting for and the possible savior that it needs. Taking the only good part of Guitar Hero (the drop in/drop out) and improving it, then adding keyboards, harnony vocals from The Beatles Rock Band and getting rid of that repetitive World Tour Mode you have the apex of rhythm gaming. I'm not going to mention Pro-Guitar although it's a very interesting idea because I have not played it myself. But even without it this game is a must have if you have any interest in this genre. I will say that Pro Keyboards while supremely difficult are quite well done and fun. This will be a stand out instrument once more DLC featuring this instrument is made available (such as the upcoming Billy Joel stuff).

They have taken the challenges of Rock Band 2 and worked them into a very endearing set of challenges to make up a tour that should take you about a week. This mode is complete with videos that for the first time feel like they give your band members a personality. These are hysterical the first time you see them and you really start thinking of your characters as a real band. Not only that but everything you do even when you just mess around playing songs in the quickplay mode it counts towards your band progress and unlockable clothing. There were a lot of complaints about the setlist early on mostly because the bands for the 2000's were not really well known, but most of those songs grow on you if you give them a chance. That is the beauty of Harmonix games, they can turn you into fans of new bands and show you that there is more to music than your own jaded point of view. For example you do discover that Amy Winehouse despite her personal problems is talented at what she does or that Metric have a really great sound. I think that all the positive reviews from critics and players alike is proof that this is a great game. I know the genre has suffered from over exposure and the fact that in general a rhythm game is just trying to hit the right buttons to play the song the best you can. However, Harmonix have taken that as far as they could with this edition. There are a few things that could've been better, but they are minor and do not affect the fun such as when you have more than 5 or more players you still only see 4 on the screen or that in all instrument mode which is the mode that is required to have bass, guitar and keyboards on a song the vocals are not scored. But this game is about the fun and easy to use interface. If you have an open mind this game will make you happy.

1. Jan 18, 2011
    No doubt, Rock Band 3 is the new reference in the musical game gender. With its simple gameplay and accurate in all instruments, its flexible interface and well thought career mode, it dusts off the old Rock Band 2.
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    Rock Band 3 have an amazing track list, an exciting new support for instruments and many challenges and rewards that will keep us busy for months. This is the best iteration in any musical saga to date. A must-have.
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    It's Rock Band as usual, but its newly implemented Pro Mode shows that people who have been unchallenged so far can have their share of fun. Bundled with a whopping 2000 songs waiting for you optionally, this game could be worth a sin.