8.1

1. Mar 24, 2011
    this game is best as a party game if you have some friends to play with it can be a blast . playing by your self is pretty dull and not as good as guitar hero 3 . the song list also isnt as good . the rock band guitar also sucks ass compared to the guitar hero one . but being able to play drums , sing and play bass give this game more dimension then guitar hero . the graphics also suck and look like the belong on the PS2 but this kind of game isnt made by the graphics . its a good entry by harmonix who did much better with rock band 2 which if you havent played any of them skip this one and get that and only get this if you wana pay $5 for a license on the xbox store to get all the songs off the first one on to the second. also a much better selection of DLC songs got to be enar or over a 1000 songs by now . Expand
  2. Apr 21, 2011
    What a fun game this truly holds tight a family reunion and shows endless hours of full entertainment . Guitar Hero did it first and was original, meanwhile this broke my expectations . It gives a personality on what instrument you want to use and actually more variety because (obviously) there are more instrument just like the guitar,drums and vocal totally a kick ass.
  3. SteveK.
    Jan 31, 2008
    This game is amazing and deep. Very well made. A great party game that gets you very invovled. Having fans and little challenges in the gigs (kinda like Fable's bast system) is an ingenious way to make you more invested in your performances. It's not without it's faults though. The interface is a little klunky and user unfriendly. Navigating the menus is much much harder than it should be. They've made some poor choices to make the game user unfriendly.... why is solo play only for singers? I realize you can go into multiplayer and just do one instrument, but the tags solo and mulit are a bit deceptive, no? And why is it that if I set a band leader, I can never change his/her instrument plus I HAVE to play with that guy all the time. Sometimes you just get sick of singing. :P This was a very poor choice. Giving players more freedom is always a good thing. Most of these things can be forgiven, but I would advise Harmonix to WATCH a few new players try to navigate their menus and set up a band and play the game for the next round of RB. Collapse

1. Rock Band is so close to being a must-have game for any self respecting, music-loving gamer, but unless you’ve got money to burn and friends on tap, Rock Band isn’t half the game it could have been for half the cost [Say again, Bilbo - Ed].
  2. Problems are present, such as the inclusion of a few foreign tracks in mystery set lists during the World Tour (not the easiest of songs to jump into without having any prior experience) and we still prefer the guitars included with Guitar Hero, but these aren't enough to hurt what is a unique gaming experience.
  3. Rock Band's longevity will last as long as it has support for it.