7.5

1. Nov 11, 2013
    First off, I love this game. You would think it odd that given this review. Let me explain. The first major hurdle you run into when playing this game are the frequent game freezes (or lock ups) that occur. At first, it was every other day, now I can't get through 3 songs without having the game lock up. This requires a mandatory reboot of the entire game. This can take 5 10 minutes to get all the way back online, logged in, and back to a song you want to play. I played for an hour yesterday, had 4 freezes that cost me about 15 minutes of my life. I talked with ubisoft tech support, each time they took 48 hours to get back to me. I have had other companies respond in hours. Their first response was unload all rocksmith files and installs from the xbox harddrive and re-install. This is turn your computer off and then on again support. An hour later not very surprised that their advice didn't work, but I suppose that may fix some issues. Then they ask to unplug all usb accessories. I do and no surprise it locks up again.

I feel that this is as bad as it can get and just try to play through the pain because the game really did help me learn guitar and it is FUN. In non-stop play I hit "skip song" and get a message that, my file is corrupted, losing 122 hours of game play/ranking up in the songs. So as great a teacher and fun as it is the frustration level is through the roof! If you can deal with the constant freezes and an occasional complete loss of all achievements, and have to deal with a clueless and uncaring customer service department this is the game for you.

BTW, they have been talking about a 'patch' for a few weeks now. Game has been out 3 weeks, no patch. No offer from company for free song dlc, partial refund or anything else. No, I did not ask for anything, but come on man.

Here is tech support response today. Note no mention of a patch coming anytime soon: “I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for reporting this issue. I will be forwarding this issue up to the development team for further review. That is all I can do at this time, as we have no further information. If any additional information becomes available, it will be detailed on the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).” So, basically stop emailing us.

Compared to this year’s edition, the first Rocksmith was only a soundcheck. This version has all the quirks and bugs sorted out and brings a perfectly balanced tool for anyone who’s too shy to take guitar or bass lessons. [Issue#237]
  2. Dec 17, 2013
    We learnt Paint it Black note-for-note in about an hour this morning; that definitely wouldn't have happened without Rocksmith. [Issue#142, p.111]
  3. Dec 15, 2013
    Rocksmith transforms the boring process of learning how to play guitar in a fun, engaging and useful game. If you already know how to play guitar, you can always polish your technique and hear new songs.