8.2

1. Jan 3, 2012
    Artist "Muse" song "unnatural selection" Fret numbers are wrong, I have to play this song down a fret compared to what is on screen, the arrow is on red 5, i have to play red 4..........any one else have this problem? this is as far as i have made it so far, just wondering if there are any other songs with this problem?
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    As a guitar player and an avid gamer, I was very happy to see my two favorite hobbies come together. I bought the game at launch and have put in about 12 hours or so into it. With that in mind, I can very easily recommend this game to anyone who has played guitar, or wants to learn to play. The game comes with a well constructed guitar cable, that plugs directly into any electric guitarAs a guitar player and an avid gamer, I was very happy to see my two favorite hobbies come together. I bought the game at launch and have put in about 12 hours or so into it. With that in mind, I can very easily recommend this game to anyone who has played guitar, or wants to learn to play. The game comes with a well constructed guitar cable, that plugs directly into any electric guitar (or acoustic electric). The game starts off players with a quick introduction on some of the basic of guitar playing, how to hold the pick, how to strum, fret notes... etc... All very well done, and I believe very easy for beginners to pick up and learn from. The game starts you off with the Rolling Stone's I can't get no Satisfaction. This is where the leveling comes in, as the game recognizes your skills it will increase or decrease the difficulty... each level of difficulty helps the player get to the next level... like taking babysteps. This is really where the game excels, all the while you are rocking, you are learning and getting better and better and closer and closer to playing the original song note-for-note. The mini games are fun and serve their purpose. But I would say that the meat of the game, other than the actual songs, are in the practice modes. Rocksmith offers 3 practice mode, a Free Play mode where the game pauses the song if you miss a note, a leveler mode where you play through the songs level by level, and slowed down mode that slows the song down so you can better learn the guitar parts at a manageable speed. The game is great. 10/10 Collapse

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 1, 2012
    A novel idea and clever piece of kit, but indecision on whether it's a videogame or learning tool is a downfall, along with its confusing bespoke notation method. [Issue#91, p.82]
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    A great first step in a much needed new directions in the music game genre.
    You'd be mad to buy an electric guitar and not fork out for Rocksmith as well. [Dec 2012, p.95]