Rocksmith Xbox 360

8.2

1. Jan 3, 2012
    Artist "Muse" song "unnatural selection" Fret numbers are wrong, I have to play this song down a fret compared to what is on screen, the arrow is on red 5, i have to play red 4..........any one else have this problem? this is as far as i have made it so far, just wondering if there are any other songs with this problem?
  2. Oct 26, 2011
    I can't help but give this a 10 since it came out of left field and exceeded all my expectations. If you want to learn to actually play a real guitar then this is an awesome, and fun, learning tool. I've owned a guitar since high school but never could bring myself to take lessons and books/videos always bored me and were hard to tell whether or not I was doing things right. This gameI can't help but give this a 10 since it came out of left field and exceeded all my expectations. If you want to learn to actually play a real guitar then this is an awesome, and fun, learning tool. I've owned a guitar since high school but never could bring myself to take lessons and books/videos always bored me and were hard to tell whether or not I was doing things right. This game solves all those problems in one swoop. The mini-games take the place of the boring drills to learn the string/fret locations, the game will only recognize what you are doing if you do it correctly (it is only going off the sound after all) and the dynamic difficulty works extremely well. I consistently find myself hitting 70-80% or so of the notes which to me says it's doing a dang good job of managing the difficulty to keep me challenged without overwhelming me. Kudos to the musicians and developers who worked on this. It really is incredible. Collapse

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Dec 1, 2012
    A novel idea and clever piece of kit, but indecision on whether it's a videogame or learning tool is a downfall, along with its confusing bespoke notation method. [Issue#91, p.82]
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    A great first step in a much needed new directions in the music game genre.
    You'd be mad to buy an electric guitar and not fork out for Rocksmith as well. [Dec 2012, p.95]