R.U.S.E. Xbox 360

7.0

1. Oct 29, 2010
    Upon its announcement, I thought the normal "yeah sure another RTS which is going to fail on a console like the rest of 'em"....Oh how wrong I was. This game works very well with its tabletop style battlefield. Navigating, selecting units and scale is all brilliant once you get the hang of it. A brilliant feature is the "zoom" which has really been thought out well. You can watch from aUpon its announcement, I thought the normal "yeah sure another RTS which is going to fail on a console like the rest of 'em"....Oh how wrong I was. This game works very well with its tabletop style battlefield. Navigating, selecting units and scale is all brilliant once you get the hang of it. A brilliant feature is the "zoom" which has really been thought out well. You can watch from a zoomed out pose where units appear as chips stacked upon each other or you can go right into the action and see each man ambushing enemies from a forest. Overall, a good steady game, not sure how long the glamour will last though... Expand
  2. Sep 11, 2010
    i thought this game was going to end up being a 9 or 10 out of 10 game but the repetitiveness throughout the multi player really ruins it, it's always the same few factions churning out 100s of air units at the same time to rush the enemy after the inevitable stale mate. the main game is also in a single word. Meh. it's neither great nor awful. therefore i give RUSE a 7/10
  3. Sep 8, 2010
    Ok, so why would you buy the game? Having looked forward to it and being a RTS fan, I was disappointed, it it offering nothing really impressive in the gameplay or approach to how the game is played.

Yes the cutscene videos and advertisements yet again show something that is not entirely true or clear as far as the actual games goes but yet should we expect any different? So the

So the game, well it is just a pleseant graphical display of point and click action. You buy you unit place them and make them attack. Well have to say nothing really exciting ot tactical there. Yes you can use Ruse card that provide bonuses or use some tactical maneuvering on the battlefield, but when it comes down to it the fastest mouse click, or button clicker for the console and a repetitive display of knowing what beats what on the battle field. The AI is nothing special and with a crash course of unit selection it falls to pieces as it presents nothing of a challenge and makes game play ho hum.

Another down side although not game related and more of a personal perspective is why WWII get over it. They are dime a dozen, god so many games are WWII cant we get over it and move on. Try some modern day battle. Let us invade a fictional China, Russia, India, Australia. Use the terrain. Bring it on.
  4. Sep 8, 2013
    I would reccomend getting this game on PC. It is occasionally very fun but more often than not the X-box controls get in the way and interupt the flow of play.
  5. Dec 7, 2012
    This would of been a lot better as Turn Based Strategy. The presentation seems to cater towards TBS. The game has wierd controls and the whole ruse appeal falls apart as the startegies end up being just "gather up all your units and attack." It's not the worst RTS ever but it's just not good either.

1. Jan 5, 2011
    For any fan of strategy looking for something outside of the norm, R.U.S.E. breathes new life into an old war.
  2. Games Master UK
    Jan 5, 2011
    "Quotation Forthcoming"
  3. Oct 28, 2010
    Overall Eugen Systems delivers an RTS with a solid core, and fantastic gameplay execution but fails to make it shine through a completely forgettable single player campaign.