7.5

1. May 17, 2012
    Sacred 2 does do that much wrong - it's just not that exciting or good a game itself. For one I'm not a fan of the combat, for me it feels as if you're just relying on stats to do the job and a lack of a block option or the need for any type of rhythm to win battles makes it very dull. The quests themselves are all text based which in today's gaming world feels very dated, and the worldSacred 2 does do that much wrong - it's just not that exciting or good a game itself. For one I'm not a fan of the combat, for me it feels as if you're just relying on stats to do the job and a lack of a block option or the need for any type of rhythm to win battles makes it very dull. The quests themselves are all text based which in today's gaming world feels very dated, and the world also feels very old-school too - too old-school for me to get into. Add to that a camera angle that doesn't allow you to see very far in front of you, and Sacred 2 is just too dated and too dull to be worth a purchase. Expand
  2. GreggE
    May 30, 2009
    This was one of the worst games ive ever played! Its a pointless, low grade, unentertaining hack and slash game that should've never been released. This game is second to none as the worst game ever!
  3. ChrisSchlarb
    Jun 8, 2009
    There really is not story to this game. You don't care about anything or anyone. The voice acting and dialogue are laughably bad: "Newspapers haven't been invented yet, so what are people saying on the street?" What? That's not even humorous.
    The graphics are good enough to make you temporarily forget about most of the problems, then you remember how terrible the questing system and upgrading menus are. They make no sense.
    You can't even customize the look of your player (sex or skin color). Classes are either male, female or robots. Stupid.

This is a dumbed down hack n' slash game that gave me headaches. Getting stuck in rocks, a poorly integrated map system, idiotic quips from your character EVERY TIME they kill somebody. Yikes.

If you like pressing the "A" button and have $60 you want to give away, pick up Sacred 2.
  4. BillD
    Sep 7, 2009
    Note: this is for the Xbox 360 version. I like to play co-op games with my kid and thought this might be worth a try. Some 80+ hours into it we are both completely frustrated. Mounts disappear and you have to leave the game and come back in for them to show up again. I went looking for my mount and it was missing from my inventory so I exited the game and was relived to see it againNote: this is for the Xbox 360 version. I like to play co-op games with my kid and thought this might be worth a try. Some 80+ hours into it we are both completely frustrated. Mounts disappear and you have to leave the game and come back in for them to show up again. I went looking for my mount and it was missing from my inventory so I exited the game and was relived to see it again when I cam back in as it is the special mount for my character. Bugs are every where in this game. Things sell with one set of stats and after you spend the cash and check your inventory you realize you've been punked (happened to me twice, once with a 213,000 mount)! My character constantly gets stuck and I either have to make my mount jump or get off of it and back on to be able to move again. Nothing is more frustrating than when you have one of those stupid escort quests and the idiot you are escorting takes off into battle while you get stuck in place and can't even try to help keep them alive. Honestly I don't even think this game had a proper beta test! Also, we have picked up at least 50 items that are corrupt and don't do anything (one of them was a quest). It just says "Quest" and there's nothing to be done that can make it active or finish it. It is not a wonder Ascaron went under... They wrote a big pile of crap and spent all of their holdings trying to fix it, which they never did by the way. Even after the patch from Xbox Live this game is the worst I've ever seen and I've played video games most of my life (starting with Pong in the 70's). Expand
  5. Jan 10, 2011
    I have been looking for a two player Dungeon crawl (à la Dark Alliance or CoN), and Sacred 2 would be good if the Co-op was not so buggy.
    The player 2 save file routinely get corrupted and rendered un-loadable. Forcing player two to start their character from scratch.
    When teleporting player 2 is often unable to summon their mount, unable to move, or occasionally spawned somewhere below the ground plane.
    If the multiplayer functionality worked properly, this would be an excellent game, easily an 8 out of 10.
    However, since the multiplayer doesn't work, and these game are best when played with others, I have to give it a 1 out of ten. A fun experience is quickly downgraded to frustrating and infuriating.

The true draw here is the combat and class customization, so if you've got a few friends around it could serve as a solid distraction for a while with its options for online play while you wait for something better to come along.
  2. SACRED 2: Fallen Angel is mostly a level grind that will appeal to hardcore Diablo fans jonesing for another dungeon crawler fix. The Xbox 360 version is a bit of a disappointment, due to a fair share of bugs and port issues.
  3. In fact, with the exception of menu interfaces and loading times in towns, this is actually better than the PC version, if just for the fact that it didn’t crash once during my combined 50 hours of playtime.