7.3

1. May 17, 2012
    Sacred 2 does do that much wrong - it's just not that exciting or good a game itself. For one I'm not a fan of the combat, for me it feels as if you're just relying on stats to do the job and a lack of a block option or the need for any type of rhythm to win battles makes it very dull. The quests themselves are all text based which in today's gaming world feels very dated, and the world also feels very old-school too - too old-school for me to get into. Add to that a camera angle that doesn't allow you to see very far in front of you, and Sacred 2 is just too dated and too dull to be worth a purchase. Expand
  2. Jan 10, 2011
    I have been looking for a two player Dungeon crawl (à la Dark Alliance or CoN), and Sacred 2 would be good if the Co-op was not so buggy.
    The player 2 save file routinely get corrupted and rendered un-loadable. Forcing player two to start their character from scratch.
    When teleporting player 2 is often unable to summon their mount, unable to move, or occasionally spawned
    somewhere below the ground plane.
    If the multiplayer functionality worked properly, this would be an excellent game, easily an 8 out of 10.
    However, since the multiplayer doesn't work, and these game are best when played with others, I have to give it a 1 out of ten. A fun experience is quickly downgraded to frustrating and infuriating.

The true draw here is the combat and class customization, so if you've got a few friends around it could serve as a solid distraction for a while with its options for online play while you wait for something better to come along.
  2. SACRED 2: Fallen Angel is mostly a level grind that will appeal to hardcore Diablo fans jonesing for another dungeon crawler fix. The Xbox 360 version is a bit of a disappointment, due to a fair share of bugs and port issues.
  3. In fact, with the exception of menu interfaces and loading times in towns, this is actually better than the PC version, if just for the fact that it didn’t crash once during my combined 50 hours of playtime.