Saints Row: The Third Xbox 360

7.6

1. Mar 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Saints Row is a great game to sit around and do extremely strange stuff in. Itâ Expand
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    Saints Row the Third is a very fun sandbox game. It allows you to cause tons of chaos with your gang and customize them and your character a lot. That being said though I feel like the game is lacking the vast amount of content Saints Row 2 had. I don't feel like there are as many weapons and stores. To me it almost feels like they took away stuff so they could add it as dlc for later.Saints Row the Third is a very fun sandbox game. It allows you to cause tons of chaos with your gang and customize them and your character a lot. That being said though I feel like the game is lacking the vast amount of content Saints Row 2 had. I don't feel like there are as many weapons and stores. To me it almost feels like they took away stuff so they could add it as dlc for later. That being said though its a pretty fun game! Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    I basically was able to create my own intense 30 min Micheal Bay action sequence in co-op with 5-star STAG and Gang notoriety. It was incredible. We weren't even doing anything related to game except simply messing around in world making up our own rules and objectives (get the to airport in tanks). There is no other game that can offer these kinds of experiences, its in a league all ofI basically was able to create my own intense 30 min Micheal Bay action sequence in co-op with 5-star STAG and Gang notoriety. It was incredible. We weren't even doing anything related to game except simply messing around in world making up our own rules and objectives (get the to airport in tanks). There is no other game that can offer these kinds of experiences, its in a league all of its own, and simply put, the best openworld-SANDBOX game I've ever played. Expand
  4. Nov 18, 2011
    I wasn't sure what to expect, but what I got was a trip down memory to the countless hours I spent being a nuisance to the citizens of GTA: San Andreas. This is my first Saint's Row, FYI. The story missions are somewhat interesting, but I've only done a couple so far. I'm having an incredible time just racing around doing side missions like "tank mayhem" where you, well, start mayhem in aI wasn't sure what to expect, but what I got was a trip down memory to the countless hours I spent being a nuisance to the citizens of GTA: San Andreas. This is my first Saint's Row, FYI. The story missions are somewhat interesting, but I've only done a couple so far. I'm having an incredible time just racing around doing side missions like "tank mayhem" where you, well, start mayhem in a tank and attempt to cause a certain dollar amount of damage. Then there is "Professor Gerki's Super Ethical Reality Climax" side missions. It is essentially a corridor shooter where you go through an obstacle course of fire, electricity and mascots trying to shoot or bludgeon you. Again, you need to get up to a certain dollar value of points to pass. It's definitely not for everyone, but I'm having a blast! Expand
  5. Dec 1, 2011
    For months we were dripfed snippets of demented carnage sprinkled with **** bats and psycho cats. Journalists crawled back from previews, blood pouring from their noses, gasping of the insanity of the game we were about to be exposed to. "Jesus, this game is insane", they gibbered. "You are about to go FULL RETARD for this game". Then gouged out their own eyes and began to worshipFor months we were dripfed snippets of demented carnage sprinkled with **** bats and psycho cats. Journalists crawled back from previews, blood pouring from their noses, gasping of the insanity of the game we were about to be exposed to. "Jesus, this game is insane", they gibbered. "You are about to go FULL RETARD for this game". Then gouged out their own eyes and began to worship c'thulhu.

And now we've got it.

Welllllll... it isn't really insane, is it? The promises of a rocket-ride of utterly original gameplay are, at best, scandalous exaggeration. It doesn't even have many activities that aren't copied wholesale from Saint's Row 2. In fact, this is a very down-to-earth sequel to a great game. It's very, very good, but it's linear. It's grounded. It's a lot of respectable things that it's put a lot of effort pretending not to be, just so people will think they'll like it on a very superficial level.

It's like a guy at a party who everyone describes as CRAZY. He isn't crazy, is he, he's an accountant who sings unaccompanied karaoke when he's drunk and introduces himself with pencils up his nose. In fact, you wouldn't even want to spend that much time with him. And so it is with Saint's Row.

Of course all of this is coloured by the recent gaming landscape. SR3 was released a week after Skyrim, a game which contrasts the crazy accountant by sitting quietly in the corner sipping good scotch and charming the underwear off all present with modest tales of its adventures exploring the continent.

And they'll all be true.

Saint's Row 3, when I think about it, is best described as epic marketing effort and bad release timing conspiring to improbably replace what should have been a lovely surprise with a vague feeling of disappointment. And guilt at being such a spoiled brat for being disappointed with what is, after all, a very good game. If I'd paid twenty pounds for it, I would have loved it. Unfortunately I paid thirty-five, and feel a little shortchanged.
  6. Nov 21, 2011
    Ok I will start saying this is the best SR of the series. Graphics arent superb but are way better than previous. Car handling, respect, character upgrade, melee combat, sound, and vehicles have been really improved and there is not a single boring mission this time arround, but they are less and the game its really short if you ignore side missions and activities. Really loved it.
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    Bought this on Friday night. I have to say i was disappointed at first due to the poor framerate and ropey driving animations, but it grew on me eventually. Very OTT which is by no means a bad thing and a wealth of customisable options. Recommended for the gamer who's looking to pass a few days before going back to MW3 again
  8. Nov 21, 2011
    Great game!! Loads of fun with plenty to do!! Missions are crazy, reason it doesnt get a full 10 is there is no car showrooms or bike showroom where u can purchase vehicles like you could in saints 2 and no spinner wheels or car hydrolics which is i think a step back as were both featured in the previous games !!
  9. Nov 22, 2011
    Saints Row: The Third is a bad-ass game. This is what all the GTA fans can do while waiting for GTA5. It's certainly better than GTA4 in my opinion. The humor, gameplay, and straight-up raucous fun, will have you playing this game for hours!
  10. Nov 23, 2011
    Saint's Row: the Third is a fun, chaotic sandbox game with plenty of potential. The Co-op is easy and intuitive, allowing for 2 player open world play, co-op activities and campaign missions. The campaign missions are fun and unique, though the story seems a bit weak compared to previous games. The game overall is great, though it does have it's problems.

I was quite disappointed by

I was quite disappointed by some of the changes Volition decided to go with for Saint's Row: the Third. Many of my favourite activities from SR2 have been removed such as Fuzz, Septic Avenger and Fight Club, though Professor Genki's S.E.R.C. and Tank Mayhem are welcome additions.

My biggest complaint though is how much they have reduced the customization options since the previous game. It feels like a step backwords with the reduced options.

The Character body sliders have been removed, instead replaced with the Skinny/Fat/Strong triangle style body selector. Ability modifiers such as dual wielding are permanent, once you can dual wield, you always dual wield. There is no option of selecting 1 or 2 guns like in SR2 and the weapon selection is much less diverse.

Several clothing layers have been removed, replaced with preset clothing combinations instead. If you want a specific shirt/coat option you better hope that someone at volition wanted it as well or you are out of luck. Gone are the 4 layer torso options, ability to have multiple rings or piercings, etc... Also the selection of clothes seems quite limited, with many of the NPCs having much better options then the player is given.

Vehicles have also been affected by this with the removal of Spinners and hydraulics and vehicles that were previously customizable can no longer be upgraded such as the Bear APC. I was really hoping for an expansion of the customization options, maybe allowing boats and planes to be customized, but instead they decided to reduce the player's options rather then expand them.
  11. Dec 11, 2011
    I was expecting a little bit more of a badass feel. That said, it was a hell of a good time. It kept the laughs coming. With the obvious exception of there being way too many **** Customization is awesome, which is what GTA lacks in. You can style your character, weapons, and most importantly, your ride, to the way you want it. The opposing gangs are a little corny. I didn't like theI was expecting a little bit more of a badass feel. That said, it was a hell of a good time. It kept the laughs coming. With the obvious exception of there being way too many **** Customization is awesome, which is what GTA lacks in. You can style your character, weapons, and most importantly, your ride, to the way you want it. The opposing gangs are a little corny. I didn't like the Luchadores (a gang of wrestlers) especially when I found out they were basically the main antagonists. The extras like the activities, assassinations, vehicle thefts, etc. were cool and I enjoy the expanded array of vehicles, with a few zany additions. The one thing that kept me from voting it a 9 was the ability to make your character completely invincible with enough money. That's kind of stupid. Expand
  12. Nov 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am actually going to give this a 9, a 10 is in order but it is still very similar to Saint's Row 2 just different city. To all the people trying to compare it to GTA, just stop. This game is Saints Row, Volition even said themselves that they want to take the GTA genre and give it what people want. The ability to do whatever they want. Over the top wacky things! Did they deliver? Yes, Yes they did. Prof. Genki is AWESOME and actually challenging. The weapons are awesome, the customization is more in depth. Still would like to see some more added features to car customization though. That would make me a happy panda!

BTW, I marked this as containing spoilers due to the mention of Prof. Genki and the activities being a little challenging. Not really a spoiler but some crymores might think so!
  13. Nov 17, 2011
    Great game, lots of fun and epic randomness. That's what this game is, and the game is good at it. Sadly, no larger scale co-op, or competitive mp modes, so that part feels like a bit of a step back. It's fun, though, and that's what it aims to be.
  14. Nov 15, 2011
    Saints Row: The Third hits more than it misses, but unfortunately it ended up a victim of it's own immense hype, and while it is a fantastic game, ultimately Saints Row 2 is the best of the series, as 'The Third' iteration of this series, the game play has been seen in all the hilarious videos, **** bats, man-o-canons, etc but the overall repetitive nature of the side missions remains andSaints Row: The Third hits more than it misses, but unfortunately it ended up a victim of it's own immense hype, and while it is a fantastic game, ultimately Saints Row 2 is the best of the series, as 'The Third' iteration of this series, the game play has been seen in all the hilarious videos, **** bats, man-o-canons, etc but the overall repetitive nature of the side missions remains and the story is somewhat weaker than the second, but story only serves to give backdrop to the fantastic world that is the city of Steelport. The game is fantastic, and well worth your money, but unfortunately it did fall short of a perfect sequel to the already fantastic game that was Saints Row 2, and it's enormous expectations led to the game feeling somewhat less than what many may have expected. BUY IT. Expand
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    Saints Row the third is undoubtedly the best in the series, the story is exactly what the developers intended it to be, ridiculous, stupid fun. There a lot of parodies/references to other games,movies,pop cultures etc.. Some people complain about the customization being less than SR2 and greatly misguided, i didnt notice anything missing, the characters look much better than SR2 and if youSaints Row the third is undoubtedly the best in the series, the story is exactly what the developers intended it to be, ridiculous, stupid fun. There a lot of parodies/references to other games,movies,pop cultures etc.. Some people complain about the customization being less than SR2 and greatly misguided, i didnt notice anything missing, the characters look much better than SR2 and if you make a female custom they look much better than they did in SR2. The Control scheme see's some changes to more popular shooters(call of duty) because they changed melee to click Right stick (RS), aim in to left trigger (LT) but bennefit the game greatly my only complaint i helicopter driving being just as bad as SR2, the got the gunning right but altitude changing is annoying on face buttons and should be the Left and Right bumpers. Gameplays an 8
    Story gets a 7
    Graphics are 8
    replay Value: 9
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    A dirty, violent and overall fantastic sandbox game. This is no GTA and thats an accomplishment in it's self, While the graphics leave something to be desired they do not detract from the overall experience of the game which in the end is solely built for the gamer to truly have fun. Co-op works flawlessly and sharing the ridiculousness of Saints Row: The Third with someone else isA dirty, violent and overall fantastic sandbox game. This is no GTA and thats an accomplishment in it's self, While the graphics leave something to be desired they do not detract from the overall experience of the game which in the end is solely built for the gamer to truly have fun. Co-op works flawlessly and sharing the ridiculousness of Saints Row: The Third with someone else is fantastic. The game does not take itself serious and the references to other games will get a chuckle of almost any gamer. Saints Row: The Third is a fun comedic experience that fans of sandbox games shouldn't miss. Expand
  17. Nov 18, 2011
    Thin on plot,but that makes up for it in the fun factor. I don't normally laugh out loud at a game, but some of the things you do, or see are just so hilarious that you have to.
  18. Nov 22, 2011
    Out of all the games that have come up since fall, this is by far one of my favorites, it's neck and neck with Batman and Skyrim. I don't think I've ever laughed so much or as hard playing this game as anything else. I love the fact that you can do anything you want in this game, and some of my favorite moments have come from screwing around in the city, and not doing any real missions -Out of all the games that have come up since fall, this is by far one of my favorites, it's neck and neck with Batman and Skyrim. I don't think I've ever laughed so much or as hard playing this game as anything else. I love the fact that you can do anything you want in this game, and some of my favorite moments have come from screwing around in the city, and not doing any real missions - although the campaign is epic, too. It's a true sandbox title and I love the fact that it plays like an RPG where not only do you build how the character looks, but also your weapon upgrades, perks, and skills. Co-op is absolutely brilliant and increases the fun-factor ten fold. I've already put over 40 hours into the game and have over half the missions left. Love it!!! Expand
  19. Nov 15, 2011
    I cannot find more than two things that i don't like about the game. One, slightly over the line in terms of vulgarness and violence, but that is what saints row is about. Two, the makers could have spent a little bit more time on the plot of the game, however saints row lets you create your own character and actions. A great free play game with much better graphics than last game. If youI cannot find more than two things that i don't like about the game. One, slightly over the line in terms of vulgarness and violence, but that is what saints row is about. Two, the makers could have spent a little bit more time on the plot of the game, however saints row lets you create your own character and actions. A great free play game with much better graphics than last game. If you liked the past Saints rows, you will love this one. Expand
  20. Nov 16, 2011
    As over the top as the first two - some great set pieces, and some awesome action. The creation mode had my "Tobias Funke" clone on the streets slapping down fools and jacking cars in style in no time. The UAV mode is pretty damn cool - and I also really dug the skydiving and flying parts. Great graphics, top notch voice acting - but I can't help but feel that there could have been aAs over the top as the first two - some great set pieces, and some awesome action. The creation mode had my "Tobias Funke" clone on the streets slapping down fools and jacking cars in style in no time. The UAV mode is pretty damn cool - and I also really dug the skydiving and flying parts. Great graphics, top notch voice acting - but I can't help but feel that there could have been a little more variety of radio stations.. already very sick of Kanye's "Power." Expand
  21. Nov 19, 2011
    Saints Row: The Third is concluded into one word "chaos", many games limit you to what you can do and what you have to do, but in saints row the third, the possibility is limitless, you can go on a mission to escort your friends while shooting from the window or simply fly a chopter and blow everyone up, you can customize your character anyway you want, wear any clothes or if any at all.Saints Row: The Third is concluded into one word "chaos", many games limit you to what you can do and what you have to do, but in saints row the third, the possibility is limitless, you can go on a mission to escort your friends while shooting from the window or simply fly a chopter and blow everyone up, you can customize your character anyway you want, wear any clothes or if any at all. Vehicle customization, weapon upgrade and character upgrade really put you in alot of time to earn money to buy all those. All the activities and collectable will kept you occupied for quite some time even though activities will feel like playing the same thing over and over. Coop is very fun, while roaming the chaotic city of steelport and destroying everything in the way. The story plot was short but does offer a decent storyline. Graphics will not have alot of changes but who cares about graphics when you have a war going on. They also adding reference from other series to make saints row the third more hilarious. Overall the game is very fun alone or with a friend, all those customization will kept you busy for a long time, the storyline might seem abit too short but its great, this game is a must buy. Expand
  22. Nov 18, 2011
    No complaints at all this time around...much improved over the previous. Co-op play is great. Granted, the DLC will get expensive, but I have enough content to keep me easily content for now.
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is the most fun off the wall redicilous fun game ever put out on the x box. I would recomend this game to anyone who wants to have st back and have some fun
  24. Nov 20, 2011
    After Yahtzee Croshaw's review of SR2, I decided to give it a try. I loved it: the sandbox feel of GTA without having to cart around your annoying cousin. So of course I would pick up Saints Row: The Third. No super cathartic emotional story-lines here, which is fine. The game is fun for the sake of fun. The weapons upgrade system, as well as the character upgrade system is surprisinglyAfter Yahtzee Croshaw's review of SR2, I decided to give it a try. I loved it: the sandbox feel of GTA without having to cart around your annoying cousin. So of course I would pick up Saints Row: The Third. No super cathartic emotional story-lines here, which is fine. The game is fun for the sake of fun. The weapons upgrade system, as well as the character upgrade system is surprisingly deep. The gameplay is over-the-top, and I've logged nearly 20 hours and I've yet to obtain 100% (despite what most negative reviews are saying, the game is not that short, considering all of the missions, activities, collectibles, easter eggs, scrambled eggs, eggs & bacon, Kevin Bacon, etc.). Graphics aren't incredible, but they serve the game, and out of vehicle movement doesn't always feel the tightest. However, if I were to change just one thing about this game, it would be the controller configuration. SPECIFICALLY: The button to hold in order to revive homies=Y. The button to enter vehicles=Y. The button to access crib menus=Y. The button to open doors=X...just kidding. It's Y. This causes for some small, but unnecessary frustrations. For instance, you better hope your buddy isn't bleeding out adjacent to any cars, or else you'll be leaving his ass behind, rightfully so for what he did to you five minutes ago with that purple-shafty thing.
    SR3's strongest feature is the Co-op. Play the game with your friend for some hilarity and fun. Smash him with a **** call an airstrike on him, steal his car via remote control. Cooperatively, you will be able to play all of the missions and activities, but you will want to also explore/destroy the city too. Isn't that the point of a sandbox in the first place? You may be bogged down with games from the fall; 2011 has seen it's share of great games released. However, if you won't pick it up because you are waiting for GTA V, you are only cheating yourself, and I almost feel bad for you. Almost.
    P.S. I would gladly give the game a 9.5, but apparently whole numbers is the way to go, so 10 it is!
  25. Nov 21, 2011
    Excellent game overall, the main story line took me around 15 hours to complete. Fair enough it's quite short but I'd much prefer it to be this short and amazing story rather than a long story and not as good story. One last thing I was slightly disappointed about was the fact I was hoping for 4 player co-op and it only has two player. At the end of the day I am a huge fan of the SaintsExcellent game overall, the main story line took me around 15 hours to complete. Fair enough it's quite short but I'd much prefer it to be this short and amazing story rather than a long story and not as good story. One last thing I was slightly disappointed about was the fact I was hoping for 4 player co-op and it only has two player. At the end of the day I am a huge fan of the Saints Row series and I would rate this game 9.8 Expand
  26. Nov 25, 2011
    If you liked No 2,your sure to love this game also.Theres alot of very cool moments in the game.Great to see it still has Co-Op.That really sets this game apart from other sanddbox games,with maybe the exception of Crackdown & makes it a whole lotta more fun.The graphics,car handling & engine sounds have been improved,which is good,because thats where the game needed work.Dont get me wrongIf you liked No 2,your sure to love this game also.Theres alot of very cool moments in the game.Great to see it still has Co-Op.That really sets this game apart from other sanddbox games,with maybe the exception of Crackdown & makes it a whole lotta more fun.The graphics,car handling & engine sounds have been improved,which is good,because thats where the game needed work.Dont get me wrong though,the car handling still needs more work,with attention needed specifically to throttle control,because,well,you dont have much control over it.You seem to be either accelerating or Decelerating.Its difficult to maintain the speed you want,but i dont want to use cruise control,as theres too much traffic & stopping & starting for that.Also,while the engine sound is improved,its continually going up a gear through seemingly endless gears while you have the accelerator down..Now if they could make the handling like GTA 4,that would be perfect! Another criticism,is that they've gone way too over the top with the 'Zany'ness.Maybe they've done it as a knee-jerk reaction to the criticism that GTAIV was TOO serious(something that i didn't mind btw),but they've gone too much the other way in this game..Its out of place in a GTA style game thats about gang Warfare,so would like to see a more serious tone in the next game please.I mean Hoverbikes,& Big gloves that allow you to puch cars into the air & the Hyper reality show? C'mon on! TOO much... There doesnt seem to be as much of a choice with clothing as the last game either. So while this is a game thats not without its faults,all in all though,this game is alot of fun,& theres planty to do in it.Just hope they tone down the crazyness in the next one Expand
  27. dz9
    Jan 14, 2012
    Yes this game does get a 10, but keep in mind that I don't put this on the same scale as Battlefield or Mass Effect, it is a 10 FOR WHAT IT IS. And what it is, is a fun, action packed, crazy, insane, funny, thrilling experience, what more can you ask for in a game. The only small gripe I have is that the tone is drastically different from the previous two SR titles. Whereas the last twoYes this game does get a 10, but keep in mind that I don't put this on the same scale as Battlefield or Mass Effect, it is a 10 FOR WHAT IT IS. And what it is, is a fun, action packed, crazy, insane, funny, thrilling experience, what more can you ask for in a game. The only small gripe I have is that the tone is drastically different from the previous two SR titles. Whereas the last two titles were realistic gang GTA clones, this one is a unique and fictional fantasy war. This is what real gaming should be, it completely immerses us in it. It lets us unleash the thug part in all of us. This game has hours upon hours of side quests and content in general and there is never a dull moment. The Good: Unique, and just simply....fun. The Bad: The graphics lack slightly. In the End: Don't pick up this game expecting a realistic gang simulation, this game throws reality out of the window and puts a fun action packed joy ride in its place! Expand
  28. Dec 16, 2011
    I've play a few sheer minutes of Saints Row 1 and 2 then decided to pick this game up for a try. And I have to say, it is extremely fun, and has provided me with hours of entertainment. I feel like I'm playing GTA4 with hacks and cheats, it's overall a ton of fun, and I can't put it down for more than a few hours. The story is lacking, but the missions themselves are fun, and entertaining.I've play a few sheer minutes of Saints Row 1 and 2 then decided to pick this game up for a try. And I have to say, it is extremely fun, and has provided me with hours of entertainment. I feel like I'm playing GTA4 with hacks and cheats, it's overall a ton of fun, and I can't put it down for more than a few hours. The story is lacking, but the missions themselves are fun, and entertaining. And there is a mode called "Whored mode" where you fight waves of well, random **** Every wave is different and unique in it's own way, and that mode alone has kept me coming back to the game. Expand
  29. Dec 6, 2011
    Saints Row the third is what GTA should be. The game don't pretend to be realistic, and give a very great dose of fun, laugh and adrenaline. If the storyline is somehow short, the sandbox city is large enough to bring a lot of amusing playtime.
  30. Dec 26, 2011
    Having played SR and SR2, Saints Row the Third leaves me sort of frustrated. SR3 introduces its own fresh style gameplay, the combat system is better than ever and the new activities like tiger escort and Genki S.E.R.C are ridiculously fun. Gang operations, improved driving, and crazy new weapons and vehicles are the ****. The easy to access cell phone make many previous features nowHaving played SR and SR2, Saints Row the Third leaves me sort of frustrated. SR3 introduces its own fresh style gameplay, the combat system is better than ever and the new activities like tiger escort and Genki S.E.R.C are ridiculously fun. Gang operations, improved driving, and crazy new weapons and vehicles are the ****. The easy to access cell phone make many previous features now easier to access and Co-op is still fun as ever. The craziness of the game is definitely the highlight. for example I found myself at one point defending a costume shop with a purple **** fighting waves of mascots that drove golf carts and smart cars. Oh, and the awesome button, is AWESOME. However, the game's story goes from good in the first half to terrible in the second half. The voice acting is excellent (especially with the 1st female voice) but direction they went with some characters annoys me and the game is entirely too short. I still have not beat SR2 completion-wise, I already have 100% completion and all achievements in SR3 in just over 30 hours. They also took out some very fun activities like crowd control, septic avenger (which is sort of replaced by tank mayhem now), fuzz, and fight club. Though they may have added new customization they took some out at the same time like layering clothes and more but you'll still find something you like. There are also some small things they took out that just pisses me off like the ability to pick up and throw objects and the ability to replay missions, additionally, the game still has some bugs. The game expanded well in some areas but lost some of what made SR2 fun. In SR2 there were 3 distinct gangs but in SR3 it feels like there is only one big gang. Despite these problems, I found myself constantly having driving down the street blowing the **** out of everything and also making a second profile on the game and quite frankly the game was still tons of fun. SR3 is a breath of fresh air in the open world franchise. If you have played SR2 you may find yourself disappointed and feeling a little empty in some areas, but, if this is your first time to the series be prepared to have tons of crazy, over-the-top action and many hours of gut-busting fun. Expand
  31. Feb 10, 2012
    Saints Row: The Third is a game that doesn't take itself seriously....and that's why it's so great. It is over the top done right, and games were made to not take itself seriously in the first place. I love the cast of characters and it's a game i would recommend. Buy one, no hell buy 2 so you can give one to your friend and you can both destroy the city in style.
  32. Feb 13, 2012
    Same as skyrim. Really good as saints 2 was. Big city to **** about in lots of far fetched **** thats just ****ing hilarious to play through like a big sky fortress hovering over the city and you have to destroy it or jumping through the **** of a flying plane while skydiving or unleashing gas that creates zombies which later you can use to get a horde of the undead. Only thing thatSame as skyrim. Really good as saints 2 was. Big city to **** about in lots of far fetched **** thats just ****ing hilarious to play through like a big sky fortress hovering over the city and you have to destroy it or jumping through the **** of a flying plane while skydiving or unleashing gas that creates zombies which later you can use to get a horde of the undead. Only thing that disappointed was the lack of variety in the fact you had 2 guns in each section about 5 melee weapons and a couple of special guns, the upgrade system didnt really make it any more diverse same goes for planes and cars i was hoping you'd add a bit more in those columns but I suppose you can't get everything. Oh yeah and you disappointed me with the online passes and the dlc which would be worth it but is just that tiny bit over the top expensive for me to buy. Like paying for invincibility and unlimited ammo, really? Expand
  33. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm f@$in jazzed - what an escape from the doldrums of daily life and a nagging wife. Love it! Not a bad story and plot, great new cast of murderous characters. The humor is spot on most of the time, and a bit lame in a still funny way at others. Nice job on the trilogy THQ!
  34. Nov 22, 2011
    What we have here is a real passion for what everyone wants out of an open world game,except people that don't know anything about gaming.Fun,brilliance a luxury in gaming where the games released in 2011 are the best yet to ever be released.What a year,we still have around 40 days left too.This game has it all,depth,excitement,great graphics,insane replay factor,co-op mode that is to dieWhat we have here is a real passion for what everyone wants out of an open world game,except people that don't know anything about gaming.Fun,brilliance a luxury in gaming where the games released in 2011 are the best yet to ever be released.What a year,we still have around 40 days left too.This game has it all,depth,excitement,great graphics,insane replay factor,co-op mode that is to die for,but to just play this game solo is worth the price of admission and everything else is just a bonus.This game is so good that it makes you want to dust off your Saint's Row 1 and 2 to play them some more.Some people probably aren't even done with Saint's Row 2.60 dollars for this much content is a gift to gamer's,I tip my hat to you Volition!Perfect 10 Expand
  35. Nov 16, 2011
    Such a well scripted game. This will be the first game you play that you will laugh out loud at while playing! I love the zanyness of this franchise and with the DLC, should give the upcoming GTA V a run for its money, at least make Rockstar really focus on improving their franchise. Buy Saints Row the Third, it will not disappoint! 8/10.
  36. Nov 15, 2011
    Loving The Third! They've tightened the game controls up which is a big plus. Amusing, creative, humorous, and now **solid play**, which is a big plus. This will consume a lot of my time over the next few months...
  37. Nov 15, 2011
    Finally i played this game and fulfilled my expectations more than i thought. SR The third isnt probably the best game i played this year but its the funniest. With cool and hilarious dialogs and innovated facts that makes my dreams come true. btw.. i played like 4 hours yesterday doing 3 missions and crazy **** and i got like 5% of the game. So i hope it keeps taking this longer. Thanks!
  38. Nov 16, 2011
    Simply amazing. This is one of those gems that may not have the best graphics, but is so much FUN to play. I love all the different kinds of missions, and the voice acting is top notch. The only thing that puts a sour taste in my mouth is all this DLC released on launch day. Tons of this nickle and dime DLC after i just paid $60 is unfortunate.
  39. Nov 21, 2011
    What a crazy game, one minute your flying round on a motorbike the next your driving a tank around trying to cause as much destruction as possible!! The graphics could be better, but they have spent more time on the story and to me this has shown. I also like how the gangs are set up on the game, being able to go from crib to crib then change your vehicles in the garage to make the colourWhat a crazy game, one minute your flying round on a motorbike the next your driving a tank around trying to cause as much destruction as possible!! The graphics could be better, but they have spent more time on the story and to me this has shown. I also like how the gangs are set up on the game, being able to go from crib to crib then change your vehicles in the garage to make the colour scheme the same as your gangs colours! Expand
  40. Nov 21, 2011
    Finally a game that is not wasted on realism! Saint Row: The Third is a nice brake from trying to make everything look real and must save the world plot lines. I spent over an hour customizing my character in the character station. I only wish they would of added things like wings, devil tails and robot appendages. I was so close to making nightcrawler from x-men LOL. Leveling up items inFinally a game that is not wasted on realism! Saint Row: The Third is a nice brake from trying to make everything look real and must save the world plot lines. I spent over an hour customizing my character in the character station. I only wish they would of added things like wings, devil tails and robot appendages. I was so close to making nightcrawler from x-men LOL. Leveling up items in the game made the game lasted longer. The story was much better this time around even though the plot was out in space. Saints Row: The Third is nothing like GTA 4 you can't compare something that is so out there to something that was trying to be ground in reality. I would of gave a high score if they added a longer campaign and crazier weapons like the sonic boom. However Saints Row: The Third is on track and I can't wait for the Fourth. As for the DLC I wouldn't mind paying if it added new customization, weapons and more campaign time. Expand
  41. Nov 22, 2011
    Was surprised by how much this game really strayed away from the Grand Theft Auto formula. There's better story here and so much more to do in the world rather than doing simple missions that really have no point. Believe me, this game is even more violent than GTA!
  42. Nov 15, 2011
    For PC version
    For PC version
    Found this game to be great. Dosent take itself to seriously but is uber fun to play. Takes all the good things from SR2 and expands on them while delivering a much better, stable game on PC. The overall map is a little smaller than in SR2 but bigger than the first one, while I would have liked a little more room after awhile you don't really notice. Also more cartoony than the first two (which I belive is a good thing). Controls are decent for PC, driving is ok and not too jerky while other modes are even better (Helis) My only complaint is jets, using WSAD is alittle awkward so i use a controller for those moments. Like other reviews say this is not GTA but I think its MUCH better and alot more fun.
  43. Nov 15, 2011
    The game is absolutely over the top, and I'm loving it. While other games have become a bit stale *cough* MW3 *cough*, this game has actually found its stride with its third release. The world is full of surprises and exhilarating set pieces. I'd highly recommend it to anybody with a sense of humor ;o)
  44. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is a true work of art! I huge open city game that allows you to do pretty much whatever you want to. A action packed and stunning story. The greatest free roam city game since Grand Theft Auto IV. In fact, it kicks Grand Theft Autos a**!!! The best part Whored Mode!!!
  45. Nov 15, 2011
    BUY IT! I won't ruin any of the surprises here because it is more fun to play it and watch the crazy unfold. Just buy it and enjoy, don't take it, or life, too seriously!
  46. Nov 26, 2011
    This is the first saints row game I've bought! I've found this game a lot of fun and really easy on the eye! I can't put this game down its smooth and really enjoyable! It reminds me of GTA San Andreas but a whole lot crazy and f**ked up! LOVE IT!!! Go and buy it! Great game!
  47. Nov 15, 2011
    Game of the Year, GTA on steroids. This game is explosive, fun, and takes gaming to a level we have never seen before. This game is the bad boy of the gaming industry.
  48. Nov 15, 2011
    I've only played the game partway through thus far, but the first few action sequences were amazing. If you are a fan of Saints Row 1 and 2, you'll see that The Third completely blows those two away. The biggest improvements are in the absurdity and the graphics. Everyone has already mentioned the craziness, so I'll focus on the graphics. The city is simply amazing. The buildings areI've only played the game partway through thus far, but the first few action sequences were amazing. If you are a fan of Saints Row 1 and 2, you'll see that The Third completely blows those two away. The biggest improvements are in the absurdity and the graphics. Everyone has already mentioned the craziness, so I'll focus on the graphics. The city is simply amazing. The buildings are elaborately modeled and impressive, especially the casino, which becomes even flashier as you increase in stages. It's the little things that you don't notice at first that make a difference as well, such as the streetlights modeled to look like scantily clad women. Overall, this is such an extremely original game-there's nothing else like it on the market. I'd highly recommend checking it out. Expand
  49. Nov 16, 2011

I first would like to point out that there is NOT $20 content currently available for this game. The people that are giving this game low scores for this reason should understand that the $20 additional cost is a SEASON PASS that the game has available. It is $20 for 4 pieces of content that will be available over the course of the next year. You can buy each of these individually for less than $12 each when they become available. This is something that MOST GAMES are doing nowadays. Games Gears of War 3, COD:MW3, and Skyrim for example, are doing the same thing when it comes to content not being initially available. I name these games for example because 2 of the people who gave tis game a low score because you had to buy additional content gave these games high ratings. Now, for those people who gave this game a low score because it is not their type of game, I applaud you. You at least recognize that this is not a game for everyone as it is an over the top game. You gave this game a fair review and I respect you for that. This game is great. I would LOVE to give this a higher score, but there are just too many glitches with the game. This does not remove the fact that the game isn't fun, but it does show that more work could have been put in to it to make it a perfect game for the person with ADHD. Even the glitches make the game fun for the more part, but they are obvious glitches and those cannot be overlooked. If you would like to run naked down the street with a semi-auto and jump onto a person's face straddling them, then stop reading and get 2 copies of this game so you can play with a close friend and let the rottness begin! ("rottness" is NOT misspelled, btw. That was done on purpose.)

50. Nov 15, 2011
    I have two words for you: MUST BUY!!! The humor in this game is the polar opposite of politically correct, and that is exactly what will make you LOL time and again paired with "I can't believe they just said/did this!!" But even way in the beginning the customer characterization was killing me as I was skipping through the different taunts. Frickin' awesome!! The gameplay and missionsI have two words for you: MUST BUY!!! The humor in this game is the polar opposite of politically correct, and that is exactly what will make you LOL time and again paired with "I can't believe they just said/did this!!" But even way in the beginning the customer characterization was killing me as I was skipping through the different taunts. Frickin' awesome!! The gameplay and missions are solid. LOVING IT!!! Expand
  51. Nov 15, 2011
    Let me start off by saying, Wow! This game is literally the best thing i've played all year! and i've played Uncharted 3! The Graphics are a million times better than SR2 plus the soundtrack! There is nothing more fun than driving around Steelport on a bike in nothing but a G-string and bunny head while listening to Machinehead by Bush! The cars look and drive smoother, the characters areLet me start off by saying, Wow! This game is literally the best thing i've played all year! and i've played Uncharted 3! The Graphics are a million times better than SR2 plus the soundtrack! There is nothing more fun than driving around Steelport on a bike in nothing but a G-string and bunny head while listening to Machinehead by Bush! The cars look and drive smoother, the characters are more likeable (Shaundi doesn't have that husky voice that was extremely annoying!) overall,the story is pretty cool, the humour is excellent and the craziness is cranked up to 11! although it may get buried under Skyrim,MW 3, Halo anniversary and AC:R but it will literally blow the mind of anyone who plays it! Must Buy!!! Expand
  52. Nov 15, 2011
    Wild, crazy, unusual, unexpected humor. Graphics and sound A+.......If only the sheep would stop drinking the GTA kool aid, maybe they could experience a real thrill ride here.......Now let me get my purple **** out so I can play some more
  53. Nov 17, 2011
    See, Grand Theft Auto takes itself seriously where the only fun thing to do in GTA is to kill as many people as possible. This game embraces the fact that a city environment needs to be filled with gimps driving rickshaws and gangbangers dressed as Mexican wrestlers for you to kill with standard guns but also ludicrous hardware. The story is stupid, but knows it's stupid, and that factSee, Grand Theft Auto takes itself seriously where the only fun thing to do in GTA is to kill as many people as possible. This game embraces the fact that a city environment needs to be filled with gimps driving rickshaws and gangbangers dressed as Mexican wrestlers for you to kill with standard guns but also ludicrous hardware. The story is stupid, but knows it's stupid, and that fact alone makes it many times better than GTA. Expand
  54. Nov 15, 2011
    Best game of the year!! I have Batman (which is awesome) and Skyrim (very disapointing as it's the same game as Oblivion with updated graphics) but Saints Row is my favorite!!! The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is fun and challenging and the missions are...uh, OVER THE TOP!! You play video games to have fun and this is all KINDS of fun!! I will be playing this for a long time :)
  55. Nov 15, 2011
    Incredible, ridiculous, breath-taking, shocking, and hilarious! This game is as crazy as a game can get without devaluing itself in the process. It's unbelievable how long you can play this game without feeling even a little bored. Saints Row: The Third is Volition's best work, a testament to what a good dev team can do with a lot of time and great ideas. The graphics aren't outdated, theIncredible, ridiculous, breath-taking, shocking, and hilarious! This game is as crazy as a game can get without devaluing itself in the process. It's unbelievable how long you can play this game without feeling even a little bored. Saints Row: The Third is Volition's best work, a testament to what a good dev team can do with a lot of time and great ideas. The graphics aren't outdated, the voice work is great, the story is fun, the customization options are superb, and WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW!? Expand
  56. Nov 19, 2011
    I hate cutscenes. I despise them. They take you out of the game, make you into a passive viewer in what should be an actively engaging medium. It's why I gave up on Deus Ex: HR, the CoD series, and numerous other titles, and most singleplayer games. I don't want to watch some game designers (same) idea of a movie.

SR:III has the first cutscenes EVER that I actually ~enjoy~. Plus the rest

SR:III has the first cutscenes EVER that I actually ~enjoy~. Plus the rest of the game is a party. :)
  57. Nov 18, 2011
    Short game,but their are downloadable mission content,good free roam,with a lot improved since saints row 2.and a all around fun and over the top gaming experience.
  58. Nov 15, 2011
    Stupendous. A triumph. First off, gameplay. A man cartwheels down a street, urinating as he proceeds. A blimp crushes a crowd of innocent children. Hyenas tear the flesh from expensive prostitutes. Like any fine wine, it only improves with time. The carnage, limited at first, starts off bitter, but becomes (I recommend Hennigan's brand wine, by the way), succulent... still a tad bitterStupendous. A triumph. First off, gameplay. A man cartwheels down a street, urinating as he proceeds. A blimp crushes a crowd of innocent children. Hyenas tear the flesh from expensive prostitutes. Like any fine wine, it only improves with time. The carnage, limited at first, starts off bitter, but becomes (I recommend Hennigan's brand wine, by the way), succulent... still a tad bitter but... succulent. It must be experienced to truly understand.

Onto graphics. The level of detail is staggering. For, example while driving my BMW, I couldn't help but notice a scratch on the paint (probably from a resentful peasant). The game has drivable BMWs as well, but unlike my real life vehicle, they lack any scratches (detailed though they are).

The characters are as interesting as they are varied. A young couple struggles to make ends meet for their autistic child. A portly fellow conceals his kindliness underneath a mask of hatred. A vacationing bear surprises us with a heartrending tale of lost love. They all add up to make the somber world feel lived in, much as an Armani suit expands (ever so slightly) to fit the wearer; a comforting vacancy, as it were.

However, as the story reaches its end, there are gut-wrenching moments. Children should not be allowed to see some of the later scenes of the game, and neither should dogs. I say this only because my poodle urinated spontaneously after watching a scene involving a jackhammer and several rats (there is also a stick of deodorant involved but, alas, I cannot discuss why). All of these elements blend together to make something tasteful- exquisite even. It should not be overlooked, but savored. And enjoyed. Thank you.
  59. Nov 16, 2011
    Very solid game overall. I actually liked SR2 a little better. It seems like the police are a little more apt to chase you down this time around. This is a little closer to the ethical dynamic in Grand Theft Auto. I admit that I'm not at a very high level yet, and have not upgraded the 'wanted' ability, but I'm not getting the same feeling of being able do to 'whatever I want' right away.Very solid game overall. I actually liked SR2 a little better. It seems like the police are a little more apt to chase you down this time around. This is a little closer to the ethical dynamic in Grand Theft Auto. I admit that I'm not at a very high level yet, and have not upgraded the 'wanted' ability, but I'm not getting the same feeling of being able do to 'whatever I want' right away. Some moments have been satisfying. Looking forward to more craziness. Expand
  60. Nov 15, 2011
    Awesome game!!!! This game relieves so much stress. It is one of a kind. I am playing for 5 hours now and cant get enough. Love it!!! Some people might not like it due to it not being serious but for alot of people it will make you laugh for so long. And it is sandbox type of game so it never gets boring.
  61. Nov 30, 2011
    Saints Row: The Third succeeds at one thing: sheer fun. It's not as polished or as good as GTA IV, but it's significantly more zany. Fighter jets, apocofists, **** bats, cyber demons, hover bikes-it's ridiculously over the top stuff, but it's definately enjoyable. The main campaign is littered with filler-missions, but the core missions themselves are brilliantly mad yet enjoyableSaints Row: The Third succeeds at one thing: sheer fun. It's not as polished or as good as GTA IV, but it's significantly more zany. Fighter jets, apocofists, **** bats, cyber demons, hover bikes-it's ridiculously over the top stuff, but it's definately enjoyable. The main campaign is littered with filler-missions, but the core missions themselves are brilliantly mad yet enjoyable shootouts. The games take on Gears Of Wars Horde mode, titled Whored Mode, is a load of crap, but it;'s a funny load of crap. It's retains the generally lack of sanity found in the main game, but focuses on the simple but fairly weak shooting. All in all, it's a more polished Saints Row 2, with loads more stuff, prettier graphics, and a laser firing fighter jet. Essential...if you can forgive it's flaws. Expand
  62. Nov 26, 2011
    Reality hits you heard bro! Saint's Row: The Third is all about that, by avoiding realistic measures, it manages to stay up on its feet and dance to a beat of none sense and unforgettable ridiculousness. Volition has finally stepped down to raise this madness to a higher level of over the top gaming experience.
  63. Nov 28, 2011
    The open world genre is suppost to do one thing only, Show the player a good time. And let me tell you, Saints Row The Third is not just a good time, but one of the best games this year. The action is fast paced and funny. While this game could be considered a GTA clone, It is a good one. GTA was too serious this game kind of doesnt care. If you are reading this GET THIS GAME
  64. Dec 4, 2011
    Saints Row is a great game that is laugh-out-loud hilarious and fun to play. The game is basically Grand Theft Auto but 60 times the ridiculousness not as great as GTA but that is not the point. The amount of customization that SR 3 gives you is just amazing and you can customize anything about your character and other things, it is pretty fun. The environment of Steelport is great andSaints Row is a great game that is laugh-out-loud hilarious and fun to play. The game is basically Grand Theft Auto but 60 times the ridiculousness not as great as GTA but that is not the point. The amount of customization that SR 3 gives you is just amazing and you can customize anything about your character and other things, it is pretty fun. The environment of Steelport is great and allows you to do whatever you want and is a blast to be in with so much fun stuff to do, however the graphic textures, framerate slows, texture pop-ins and the amount of activity or lack thereoff do make the city feel sort of bland and uninspired. The graphics are good for the most part but the graphics can be god-awful at times that makes you think you are playing a 2006 game and kind of hampers the experience. The voice acting is good for the most part. The gameplay controls are fairly good as it is makes the game fun to play but maybe a few tweaks to the controls could have been made to make gameplay more smoother like adding a button to take cover but not too bad, I can't help but feel that GTA IV addressed SR3's control issues. The plot of SR 3 is not all-too-great and just serves as an excuse for you to do some crazy stuff so you might be a bit dissapointed in the plot but the plot is definately better than the previous two's plots but it does get really bad and really messy towards the end but the game is more about having fun than having an epic story and the game is whacky that does not really take itself seriously at all. GTA is a much better game has the story is more concentrated, the graphics, are better and you can do more with a fun experience but Saints Row still offers it's share of fun. Overall, SR 3 is a fun game that is worth playing, if the graphics, sound, contols, and story were cleaned up, it would be a great game. SR 3 stands no chance against Uncharted 3, Arkham City, or GTA IV (Saints Row will always be trumped by GTA, there is no denying that) but Saints Row is still worth playing if you just want to have fun but it's not anything memorable like GTA or Call of Duty though. Breakdown for "Saints Row: The Third": Presentation: 8.5, Graphics: 8, Sound: 8.5, Playability: 8.6, Lasting Appeal: 8.5, Verdict: 8.3 out of 10 "Great"â Expand
  65. Nov 29, 2011
    When you are able to shoot an RPG and call in an airstrike while you are driving around in a car, that game is already better than the highly overrated Grand Theft Auto 4.
  66. Nov 30, 2011
    This was a game I initially felt I would avoid, it looked to me like it was a poor man's GTA using gimmicks to lure in gamers and was probably lacking in real gameplay. I decided to take the plunge and bought the game anyway on recommendation from a friend and to my surprise it's much more entertaining than I expected, I have since bought a second copy to play with a family member andThis was a game I initially felt I would avoid, it looked to me like it was a poor man's GTA using gimmicks to lure in gamers and was probably lacking in real gameplay. I decided to take the plunge and bought the game anyway on recommendation from a friend and to my surprise it's much more entertaining than I expected, I have since bought a second copy to play with a family member and find the co-op system works very well and does not feel like a simple add-on to the single player game - I can level my character up and unlock elements of the game in either solo or coop and playing together is great fun - its a game with lots of 'haha watch this...' moments during coop play. Its graphics aren't the best, it isn't the best shooter or driving game or the most detailed sandbox out there but the whole experience added up is definitely worth the entry fee and there are plenty of ways to keep yourself amused in the game, especially if you have a friend or family member to play along with. Expand
  67. Nov 26, 2011
    An exceptionally fun, un-apologetically juvenile endeavor that serves as a healthy compliment to the severity that's been 'Shooter Season 2011'. SR: TT, comes out swinging from the beginning with some great high concept missions and dialogue that could have very easily been overtly crude (a 'la Bulletstorm) but thankfully was closer to the biting wit of GTA of old. If GTA and SR were oldAn exceptionally fun, un-apologetically juvenile endeavor that serves as a healthy compliment to the severity that's been 'Shooter Season 2011'. SR: TT, comes out swinging from the beginning with some great high concept missions and dialogue that could have very easily been overtly crude (a 'la Bulletstorm) but thankfully was closer to the biting wit of GTA of old. If GTA and SR were old college buddies, GTA would be the one who got his Masters, started interning at big businesses while still partying on the side but after a few years, matured a bit and found himself the new company CEO, whereas SR would have the BFA in Fine Arts, who got a job as a tattoo artist or a stuntman, which may not be as glamorous as running a major company, but men like that do WHAT THEY WANT, WHEN THEY WANT, and SR is that 'man'. It takes maturity over its knee and spanks it with the biggest purple phallus you and I've ever seen. The character graphics and animations are a little dated, but the city is absolutely stunning, and brimming with hilarious ad work, radio stations (Adult Swim has it's own station). The game functionality provides some of the smoothest shooting and driving I've ever experienced. The controls are fantastically responsive and the 'drifting' system handles beautifully. The story is fairly simple, Saints start on top, Saints get brought down a peg, Saints don't like that, Saints kill EVERYONE. But in between are some genuinely likeable characters, my favorite among them is a pimp with a trach who speaks through an auto-tuner and a goliath named Oleg, both of who's intros alone you won't forget for some time, especially if you find yourself behind Oleg climbing stairs right after you save him (it'll make sense when you play it). The character customization system is out of this world. I can't stress enough how much I love being able to create a character with a voice who interacts in cutscenes (Mass Effect is another great example of this) And the ability to visit a plastic surgeon in game to change everything (sex included) means so far I've been an a bi-special furry, Harley Quinn, Bruce Campbell, Marv from Sin City, and Macho Man Randy Savage, why... because I can, because Saint's Row allows it. The few times this game ever 'disappointed' me were when certain elements were presented that I unfairly compared to Just Cause 2, namely the fluidity of skydiving and parachuting, In SR the free falling feels a bit more like I'm on rails but it's also not core gameplay so maybe it's not fair to compare the two. Some of the Act 2 missions can get a bit repetitive, in fact most of Act 2's character missions merely introduce you to side missions that can be found anywhere, but there's not a moment of it that isn't fun, so I'm not going to hold it against the game. In short, if you've been bouncing from one stone cold serious game to another the last few months, this is the light-hearted reprieve you've needed, and they just so happened to sneak in flawless game mechanics and a fantastic character roster to sweeten the pot. Can't recommend this game enough. Expand
  68. Nov 29, 2011
    This game is insane, so much fun to play. Games these days take themselves way too seriously and its so refreshing to have a game that focuses on fun.
  69. Nov 30, 2011
    Gran juego, divertido y muy entretenido! aunque le faltaria un modo competitivo para darle mas vida al juego, aun asi es 100% recomendable! es el tipico juego que no importa que no tenga modo competitivo ya que puedes pasarte horas haciendo las misiones principales y las misiones secundarias, por lo menos a mi se me pasa las horas sin darme cuenta.
  70. Aug 8, 2012
    This game was absolutely hilarious, I liked the craziness it delivered, along with the non-stop action, playing this with friends is like a night out in itself, however playing it solo isn't that rewarding.
  71. Mar 2, 2014
    Third person free roam game, developed by volition, published by THQ/ Deepsilver.

Pros:
    Lots of stuff to do.
    Funny.
    Colourful graphics.
    Highly customisable.
    Every mission is different.
    Good choices.
    Highly replay able.
    Good characters with personality.
    Good length: about 30hrs.
    Supports Co-Op.

Cons:
    Too easy.
    Lifeless city, Stillwater was better.
  72. Jan 15, 2012
    Make no mistake, Saints Row The Third has some problems. Having to do side missions during the main story arc is the most agregious of my complaints. And yes, on a technical level and on the besis of narrative- particularly the ending, SR3 appears mundane. However, there is more fun to be had in one mission of this game than many other sandbox games can muster in their entirety. The gameMake no mistake, Saints Row The Third has some problems. Having to do side missions during the main story arc is the most agregious of my complaints. And yes, on a technical level and on the besis of narrative- particularly the ending, SR3 appears mundane. However, there is more fun to be had in one mission of this game than many other sandbox games can muster in their entirety. The game lets you loose to have fun, reigning missiles down that decimate all manner of vehicles. Some of the side missions are crazy in their inventiveness too, such as trying to drive around with confidence, when a Bengal tiger is in the passenger seat next to you. Also, other than the duff missions- there are some truly explosive, unforgettable, insane and downright exciting missions to enjoy. So I reiterate, SR3 doesn't boast the soaring production values of GTA IV, nor is it very smart, but it provides the kind of hilarity that no other game can claim in large quantities like SR3. Expand
  73. Jan 3, 2012
    Saints Row the Third really comes off as a labour of love from the developers, of whom I know very little about. All I do know is that I wasn't impressed by either of the original two games in this franchise, after playing demos of them. I thought they were poorly funded, second rate rip-offs of the GTA franchise, so didn't bother with them. But after messing around with this thirdSaints Row the Third really comes off as a labour of love from the developers, of whom I know very little about. All I do know is that I wasn't impressed by either of the original two games in this franchise, after playing demos of them. I thought they were poorly funded, second rate rip-offs of the GTA franchise, so didn't bother with them. But after messing around with this third incarnations free character creator demo and playing a little of it at my friends house, I decided that it was worth picking up, despite my reservation of the older games. And I am glad I did. Now after completing the game non-stop during the entire duration of xmass and completing it 100%, I can without a doubt say this is one of the most fun and addictive games I played in 2011... Overall its really quite a diverse experience (if a little silly at times) and made me chuckle more than a few times, especially while using the female 'Niko Bellic' style voice for my character. She was total awesome! as were all the supporting actors. The game-play didn't do anything really new or spectacular that I haven't seen before, other than combining all of its facets; open world exploration & reward, RPG character growth, driving and combat into a whole with a degree of skill that most other developers could only dream of doing. In fact, I'd go out on a limb and say this is probably the best game of its genre. And yes that includes Rockstar's GTA games when it comes to pure game-play like combat. Also (baring in mind that i'm new to this franchise), it seemed that the game had surprises and rewards waiting around every corner. Almost everything I did gave me a significant reward for doing it. Another thing that I found charming was the games sense of style.. it kinda reminded me of the movies Kick-Ass and Scott Pilgrim, in the way its heavily steeped in gaming culture and not taking itself too seriously, but at the same time there is a coherent story there, with some great acting and characters. Overall just a great game that pleasantly surprised me......................... One thing I will mention as a negative though, the game has an Online Pass Code to unlock its fullest potential, which obviously is an effort to prevent pre-owned sales / piracy, but really just makes us gamers despise Publishers and sometimes developers that force it upon the games we enjoy playing. So please quit pissing us off with its inclusion. There is more than one gamer in this household that would like full access to the game without having to spend an extra few quid for something I already purchased legitimately. Expand
  74. Jul 28, 2013
    Saints Row: The Third takes what could be described as the ‘kitchen sink’ approach to video game design whereby the developers have seemingly thrown every idea they can think off into the mix. For the most part these ideas work and it is rare that you won’t find yourself having at least some degree of fun roaming its open world using all the weapons and vehicles available.

On the

On the downside there are a few examples of some truly terrible mission design (a trip into a digital world to track down an enemies avatar sticks in my mind), the controls take a bit of getting used to and I encountered minor bugs and glitches on a number of occasions. None of these flaws ruin the overall experience however, particularly when playing the full campaign in co-op with a friend over Xbox Live, making this third installment in the series a worthwhile purchase.
  75. Jan 4, 2012
    Great Sandbox game, Fun and it keeps the laughs coming. I found myself on more than one location laughing out loud. Story never lets you get into it due to the zany nature of it but i think that's a plus. If you want a random, fun loving,run and gun type game this is a must have. There are story choices to be made which make different endings possible. So replay value is decent. If youGreat Sandbox game, Fun and it keeps the laughs coming. I found myself on more than one location laughing out loud. Story never lets you get into it due to the zany nature of it but i think that's a plus. If you want a random, fun loving,run and gun type game this is a must have. There are story choices to be made which make different endings possible. So replay value is decent. If you want serious look elsewhere, if you want a laugh get it. Expand
  76. Jan 25, 2012
    A fun and funny game which doesn't take itself seriously at all. Yes the graphics are not the best in the world but so what? The game is just about doing crazy things, no alien race trying to wipe out mankind, no melodrama about demons and half vampires, just a fun time.
  77. Feb 20, 2012
    I've had this game for a while and it's taken me some time to get into it. The plot isn't up to much and it looks like Saints Row two graphics wise. However, it is a huge amount of fun, there are lots of planes, tanks, helicopters to steal, people and gangs to kill in ridiculous or comical ways. Lots of customisation options and lots of missions. In terms of value for money it's a definiteI've had this game for a while and it's taken me some time to get into it. The plot isn't up to much and it looks like Saints Row two graphics wise. However, it is a huge amount of fun, there are lots of planes, tanks, helicopters to steal, people and gangs to kill in ridiculous or comical ways. Lots of customisation options and lots of missions. In terms of value for money it's a definite winner. My only gripes are with the lack of graphical improvement since the last game and the ridiculous DLC, outfits or an outfit and one weapon for 240 points each or more. As bad as Oblivions Horse armour. These gripes aside the game itself is highly recommended escapism. Expand
  78. Feb 8, 2012
    Anyone who enjoys open-world gaming that doesn't limit your ability to have fun will enjoy this game. While not as expansive and "real" as GTA, Saints Row The Third makes up for it by actually allowing you to have *fun*--imagine that, GTA4? If you've been scrolling through the user reviews, and you see low scores, here's why they're off-base: 1) Those who say the same isAnyone who enjoys open-world gaming that doesn't limit your ability to have fun will enjoy this game. While not as expansive and "real" as GTA, Saints Row The Third makes up for it by actually allowing you to have *fun*--imagine that, GTA4? If you've been scrolling through the user reviews, and you see low scores, here's why they're off-base: 1) Those who say the same is "an expansion to Saints Row 2" are obvious trolls. Based on gameplay mechanics, graphics and production value alone, the game is vastly more playable than the last. 2) Those saying the city is "lifeless" are equally moronic, since the game is much more vibrant than previous installments. If they're referring to the level of "life" and "things to do" when the game is "over," then it's basically the same--once gangs are cleared out, and you've done all the requirements, missions, collectibles, there wasn't much to do in SR2 either. These people have ridiculous selective memory. 3) Those claiming that the developer offers paid DLC for abilities that are unlocked during normal gameplay are incorrect: only ONE ability offered as part of DLC is unlocked via normal gameplay: Unlimited ammo. Every other piece of every other DLC is *not* available otherwise in the game (including full invincibility--NOT attainable in the game (melee death is still possible)). 4) Those complaining about the need to use an online pass to play cooperatively online are ridiculous: This is happening with almost every major release nowadays. These same people don't seem to complain when it comes to their precious activision/ EA games, apparently. 5) Users complaining about Volition offering a "season pass" to the game are ridiculous: No one's forcing you to buy the seasons pass, and all it does is give you a discount to future DLC. Publishers have been doing this for months--most notably Activision. 6) some people have complained that the game has taken away the ability to layer clothing, and thusdeserves a ZERO score. Really? This is what you're hanging your hat on? Please. 7) Lastly, I've seen people give this a score of ZERO for not having online free-roam multiplayer for more than 2 people. Why? The first and second didn't have it either! Are we now going to give the precious Elder Scrolls V Skyrim a zero for not having team deathmatch? It's the same logic--flawed. Again, don't let the vocal minority fool you--the game is loads of un, and with a friend to run around town blowing stuff up, it's even moreso. The game has its flaws (soundtrack is a bit lacking, and it can favor over-the-top too much sometimes), but overall, a great game that doesn't take itself seriously. Expand
  79. Dec 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Saints Row: The Third is by far one of the best sand box games available. There are so many positives about SR3 but the main to me is how crazy it is. One minute you are driving a car with a tiger next to you, the next running around naked whilst on drugs, then to top it off looking after "Ho's" for a pimp who always speaks in auto tune. SR3 is still keeping me amused after many hours of game play. Expand
  80. Mar 28, 2012
    There is a pre-requisite to buying Saint's Row: The Third; "a sense of humor." If you are able to meet this requirement, then your next step is to play this game. You will not find a deeply spiritual or motivating experience, but rather a chance to tap into the deviant side of your psyche. Saint's Row: The Third exploits the nature of shrewd behavior, which can be best described in theThere is a pre-requisite to buying Saint's Row: The Third; "a sense of humor." If you are able to meet this requirement, then your next step is to play this game. You will not find a deeply spiritual or motivating experience, but rather a chance to tap into the deviant side of your psyche. Saint's Row: The Third exploits the nature of shrewd behavior, which can be best described in the slang phrase: "Oh no they di'ent!" This game is everything that represents "SEX, DRUGS & ROCK," all dressed up in clown make-up. There is a story, but it's more of just a catalyst in reaching the meat of the game........ "FUN." So if you can allow yourself to laugh and you want to play some over-the-top gun-play, dressed like a sport's mascot, pirate or traditional 3rd Street Saint's attire, then this game is for you! Besides, what could be better than adult entertainer Sasha Grey, singing to Sublimes "What I Got," on the way to picking up a new gun at the local Friendly Fire gun shop? Expand
  81. Jan 21, 2012
    Saints Row: The Third, similarly to the other two games of the series, is a great game. At first I will admit I wasnâ
  82. Dec 29, 2011
    I played this game for hours and hours and hours , and it keeps you exciting and its full of WTF-moments especially the 1st mission. The trees that plop while you're flying could be better, but its alright. You must remember its a sandbox game.
  83. Jan 17, 2012
    This game will bring you loads of fun. It may be over the top, but perfectly over the top, not too much, not too little. There are cheats to this game, but they end up ruining it if you're not careful. It's great to hop on with a friend and mess around in the city. For die-hard GTA IV fans, believe me, you'll find this fun. I haven't had any problems with glitches, bugs, or anything of theThis game will bring you loads of fun. It may be over the top, but perfectly over the top, not too much, not too little. There are cheats to this game, but they end up ruining it if you're not careful. It's great to hop on with a friend and mess around in the city. For die-hard GTA IV fans, believe me, you'll find this fun. I haven't had any problems with glitches, bugs, or anything of the sort. So if there were some before, they were ironed out. My only negative is that there is only co-op and no more than two players online. Saints Row: The Third is a great game, and I totally recommend buying it! Expand
  84. Feb 13, 2012
    Everything this game does seems intentionally just to be 'crazy'. The first two were kinda fun, with off-the-wall, you-can't-do-that gameplay that is the hallmark of the series. With the third installment, however, I just think they were out of good ideas, and so they just threw stuff at a wall to see what would stick. It would be better to go play the first two, as this one reallyEverything this game does seems intentionally just to be 'crazy'. The first two were kinda fun, with off-the-wall, you-can't-do-that gameplay that is the hallmark of the series. With the third installment, however, I just think they were out of good ideas, and so they just threw stuff at a wall to see what would stick. It would be better to go play the first two, as this one really doesn't do anything those didn't do better, but at the same time, if you're in the mood for some mindless fun, you can do a hell of a lot worse than this. Expand
  85. Feb 16, 2012
    This game is pretty fun and interesting... The game is extremely fun and epic. The action is amazing! I love to use melee combat on brutes like a badass or do a brutal kill animation to those c*** sucking STAG Soldiers. Character customization is really good and fun to toy with. The games unrealistic, but in an awesome way... Riding futuristic space ship like jet planes, shooting lasers atThis game is pretty fun and interesting... The game is extremely fun and epic. The action is amazing! I love to use melee combat on brutes like a badass or do a brutal kill animation to those c*** sucking STAG Soldiers. Character customization is really good and fun to toy with. The games unrealistic, but in an awesome way... Riding futuristic space ship like jet planes, shooting lasers at your enemies, fight zombies with greatness, killing gigantic jacked brutes, annihilating the Daedalus, upgrading your character to become nearly invincible, using weapons from a virtual reality level, or fighting naked with a purple **** like a metro-sexual psycho is so much fun. Although it is addicting and awesome, the game has many cons: The graphics are sort of outdated; It is short compared to other Saints Row Games; The DLC's are cool looking, but they are basically rip-offs... They are worth too much money to pay for... One of them is $20 (And no! It is not an expansion pack DLC); Multiplayer is mostly dropped (They only have co-op and whored mode, and you have to buy a season pass for 800 MC Points), and the endings are kind of lame (the good ending has little effort, the bad ending is epic, but I hate bad endings). Overall the game is fun, but if you are a serious gamer... You might not like it. Expand
  86. Feb 23, 2012
    This game is tons of fun and has a great deal of hilarious antics and variety. It's like GTA on steriods and stays fresh throughout the the campaign. Fun for hours!
  87. Feb 23, 2012
    this game is absurd, in a good way. its still the same over the top expierence as the preivious 2 games. i laiughed hard and often at the random things that you can do in this game. it features choices you can make in the storyline that effect the storyline a little bit. not too many weapons, but they can be upgraded. good soundtrack, parachuteing is fun. i love the "takedowns" you can dothis game is absurd, in a good way. its still the same over the top expierence as the preivious 2 games. i laiughed hard and often at the random things that you can do in this game. it features choices you can make in the storyline that effect the storyline a little bit. not too many weapons, but they can be upgraded. good soundtrack, parachuteing is fun. i love the "takedowns" you can do to people. i give it a 9/10 Expand
  88. Mar 12, 2012
    I have no idea where people are coming up with these low scores. I get that not every kind of game is for everyone but that's the only excuse I can come up with for these lame reviews. I get to buy one game every six months or so because of the limited funds I have with as many brats as I have running around the homestead. This game was a good buy. Incredibly immersive, action-packed andI have no idea where people are coming up with these low scores. I get that not every kind of game is for everyone but that's the only excuse I can come up with for these lame reviews. I get to buy one game every six months or so because of the limited funds I have with as many brats as I have running around the homestead. This game was a good buy. Incredibly immersive, action-packed and the replay value is insane. I would recommend this game to anyone. I get about 4-8 hours a week to play when the house is quiet at the end of the night and each time I pick this game up and do an assassination, car theft or mission I walk away satisfied. Buy this game. Expand
  89. Mar 15, 2012
    I'm new to the Saints Row franchise and must say that I am very impressed with what they delivered in Saints Row the Third. I was full up on games to play from the Christmas season and once I had a taste of Saints Row the Third, I found myself constantly wanting to come back and play some more. I ignored other games to play this refreshing, very tongue-in-cheek game of absurd situationsI'm new to the Saints Row franchise and must say that I am very impressed with what they delivered in Saints Row the Third. I was full up on games to play from the Christmas season and once I had a taste of Saints Row the Third, I found myself constantly wanting to come back and play some more. I ignored other games to play this refreshing, very tongue-in-cheek game of absurd situations and resolutions. I hope they make a sequel to this one that just gives us more of everything done bigger and better because everything that's in here is fun as hell. The two things I'd like to see them improve with a sequel is to add more coop options allowing more than just 2 players and to allow me to reset the world keeping all of my character upgrades. Once you finish the game, there isn't much reason to go back and play some more because everything is cleared out and completed. Expand
  90. May 5, 2012
    Saints Row: the Third was my introduction to this series. One does not need to play the prior games for this one to make sense. The maker does a pretty good job of filling you in on the pertinent details of the Saints and their circumstances as you begin the game. The main story quests are a pretty quick play-through to the tune of 5-6 hours. Many more hours are added through side jobs.Saints Row: the Third was my introduction to this series. One does not need to play the prior games for this one to make sense. The maker does a pretty good job of filling you in on the pertinent details of the Saints and their circumstances as you begin the game. The main story quests are a pretty quick play-through to the tune of 5-6 hours. Many more hours are added through side jobs.

The nice thing about the side jobs in Saints Row is they are not too encumbering. Each type really only has one "hard" job that requires a larger degree of awareness or efficiency. It is quite fun to test your courage by driving a car with a tiger in the passenger seat or fly overwatch in a helicopter gunship as members of your gang put in work on the ground. A number of games like this are commonly compared to the granddaddy of them all: Grand Theft Auto. Though this game does have its similarities with its focus on the criminal element and making virtually every car your own- it differs in that it brings adult humor to the table. Whether rescuing the pimp Zimos from the BDSM club or chainsawing your way through luchadores at Murderbrawl; Saints Row is just plain fun. This game is also a great pick for the person that just wants a relaxing game to cause mayhem in after a long day at work. Casual and even Normal difficulty are great for this. Stick to Normal if you can shoot accurately. Saints Row: the Third is a great marriage between story line and open city game play. It should appeal to either type of player.
  91. May 25, 2012
    The game is great, but I feel that there is less to explore not as much content as before. Even so what it lacks in longer story and more exploration it makes up in well....crazy sh***t so its worth every dollar. I highly recommend it to fans of senseless violence.
  92. Jul 7, 2013
    Arguably the most over the top and best Saints Row game yet. I know that a lot of people believe that this game re-hashes a lot of elements from Saints Row 2, but I haven't played Saints Row 2 enough to make this argument myself. I love the super over the top feel that this game brought compared to the very first game, but still had the same feel as the previous installments. If you'reArguably the most over the top and best Saints Row game yet. I know that a lot of people believe that this game re-hashes a lot of elements from Saints Row 2, but I haven't played Saints Row 2 enough to make this argument myself. I love the super over the top feel that this game brought compared to the very first game, but still had the same feel as the previous installments. If you're expecting it to be like GTA, than I would say you should pass on this because it is the opposite of GTA's serious tone. Expand
  93. Aug 27, 2012
    Had a lot of fun with the game! There should be a game of the year edition! The only critic I can give it the price for the download content. You shoudn't be reading this, you should start having fun in steelport instead, or go outside and play. xD
  94. Oct 11, 2012
    This game is absurd. I've been wanting a grand theft auto game for a while but couldn't convince myself to jump into GTA4 with 5 right around the corner. I had never played a Saints Row game and after hearing the ridiculous ways in which it was described on the CAGcast I decided I needed to jump into the series and satiate my need for open world killing. The games opening scene had me aThis game is absurd. I've been wanting a grand theft auto game for a while but couldn't convince myself to jump into GTA4 with 5 right around the corner. I had never played a Saints Row game and after hearing the ridiculous ways in which it was described on the CAGcast I decided I needed to jump into the series and satiate my need for open world killing. The games opening scene had me a little concerned but it quickly picked up from there and I was underway, killing, running over, and generally causing havoc on the city. The game sucked me in and quickly a day disappeared but boredom never struck. The pace of the game was fast and interesting, and more surprisingly a full 18 hours of fun. I haven't really gotten the chance to just mess around as I kept wanting to get the next best gun or car. There were a lot of aspects that I didn't mess around with (exploring, side missions, homies, online) but I found the experience I had to be really exciting. The array of vehicles was great but I would have like more helicopters and planes. There was an interesting selection of guns, however, I would have like more real weapons. The game's biggest plus was that it didn't take itself seriously. There was just so much stupid **** but at the same time I never felt like the creators were trying to make it feel meaningful. I'll definitely be revisiting the game for the additional content I haven't explored and possibly a different play through with the different decisions. Expand
  95. Nov 20, 2012
    I loved this game the story definitely not the best game story out there but you can do so much in this game if you fully upgrade your car it is almost indestructible the cheats are amazing and help the game a lot the only thing I can complain about is the graphics as you will get stuck in a LOT of things but it is still fun and is good if you like a crazy game
  96. Nov 23, 2012
    One of the best sandbox games so far. Was kinda short and sweet. DLC is OK. I would recommend this game if you the GTA series before GTA 4. I rate it about 8.5.
  97. May 29, 2013
    This game is so fun if you havent played i'd recommend checkin it out. At times it actually had me laughing out loud, now saints row 2 looked bad and controlled bad, in saints 3 they change the controls and the game looks alot better. The characters are fun and likeable also your gang you can customise them to look however. You can customise ur car with a ton of different things, characterThis game is so fun if you havent played i'd recommend checkin it out. At times it actually had me laughing out loud, now saints row 2 looked bad and controlled bad, in saints 3 they change the controls and the game looks alot better. The characters are fun and likeable also your gang you can customise them to look however. You can customise ur car with a ton of different things, character custom is probably the best in any game ive seen. also you can buy property. play minigames. drop in drop out co-op. theres collectibles to find, oh also u can fly planes hellicopters and even snipe while repelling down a building.. that way awesome btw. check points in missions so u almost never have to re start a mission or ever redrive to a mission like gta4 overall a great game that is just fun to play... ps. never play saints row 2 ok ....ever. Expand
  98. Apr 28, 2013
    This is probably the most fun game I have ever played.The story is funny,the combat is fun,the clothing is great and their are a lot of explosions.I can't wait for Saints Row 4.
  99. Jul 4, 2014
    Saints row the third is crazy , a massive world an epic story ,great graphics ,great music ,and I haven't seen a game with a lot of humor since paper mario back on the N64, this game is as good as gta games and you will have a blast playing it . Buy it now
  100. Dec 3, 2013
    First off let me start by saying that yes this isn't Saints Row 1 or Saints Row 2, it is the third one, and if you are one of those hardcore fans that don't like because it is not as gangster like as the previous two then go play Grand Theft Auto if you want a gangster game. Now lets say what the game does really well, the story for one is just a really good time, its over the top, itsFirst off let me start by saying that yes this isn't Saints Row 1 or Saints Row 2, it is the third one, and if you are one of those hardcore fans that don't like because it is not as gangster like as the previous two then go play Grand Theft Auto if you want a gangster game. Now lets say what the game does really well, the story for one is just a really good time, its over the top, its hilarious, and the dialogue may sound cheesy but that's the point. Right from the start the game will get you hooked, you start off by robing a bank owned by the Syndicate then you are forced out of Stillwater, and into Steelport. From there its one crazy mission after another, for instance my personal favorite is the zombie mission in there because it just shows how ridiculously crazy the game is, and also i like how at some points you get branching paths with different rewards for choosing one of them. The story basically made me think of the movie Expendables, its just a hilariously good time with one liners, and insane action sequences. Every mission i guarantee is going to have at least one holy WTF what did i just do moment. Now the voice actors in this game all do a really nice job, they are funny, and sometimes it can seem like your watching an episode of Family Guy. Another thing the game does extremely well is the customization options for your character,your gang, and cars. You can make your character look and sound how ever you want. If you want to make a male that looks like he is on steroids but wears girls clothing, you can do make it, if you want a male with a female voice you can do that, if you want to make the fattest character with ridiculous clothing you can do that, but the craziest option is one of the voices you can give your character is a zombie voice that just speaks gibberish. The car customization is also well done, you make it what ever color you want, what kind of paint you want, what tires you want, how big you want the tires, you can even improve your tires to have better handling and more durability against gunfire. Then the gang customization is also really cool, you can choose your gang sign, how they cheer, and how they taunt, you can even change their outfit from a ninja to a club lover, to a military guard, to other crazy options like gimps, and ho's if you enjoy that stuff. The side activities also are really fun to play. You have dealer where you escort people around while they sell stuff to people, and gang members from other groups try to stop you, tank mayhem where you cause as much damage as you can with a tank, regular mayhem, escort where you rescue girls from their abusive pimps, Insurance fraud is hilarious with its rag doll physics, and where you run in front of cars getting tossed around is just hilarious to watch, gang operations where you go to a certain area and clear out rival gang members provides the classic mode of clear this area for cash as in other open world games, Professor Genki's Super Ethical reality climax, wow that's a mouthful. In this one you go through a shooting course where you have to kill mascots and earn enough money to leave in time. You have Trail blazing which is basically a race mode, and Guardian Angel where you snipe enemies to protect your fellow gang members. There is just so much stuff to do in steel port, you would definitely get your money's worth in terms of content value. The weapon upgrades are cool, they make your weapon more powerful but also changes the way it looks. There is also a cool upgrade system with for those who stick around to the end for a full level 50 respect, you can become just insanely powerful with invincibility, and infinite ammo, and lot of other cool ones. The shooting mechanics have been improved from the first two games. Driving mechanics feel less stiff then the previous ones. Finally what this game does well is just the fact that how the developers made this to show you or anyone who plays it a good time. Now there are a couple of negatives with the game though, sometimes but rarely textures during cut scenes weren't great but not bad, i experienced some drops in frame rate but like two or three times, and this game wasn't certainly created to have challenging combat, but there were times where both my Team AI and the enemy AI weren't so good,like they would just stand there without firing and take shots, and the enemy would just not even notice i was shooting at them but thankfully it did not happen that often. But on the whole i put at least so far twenty hours of game play in with plenty of stuff left to do, and i would recommend this to anyone who loves open world games, or just wants to have a good time, and i could recommend this to all gamer because it truly is a unique game the parodies some many other games, and does reference some movies. So yes i believe you should buy this it is worth every penny of its purchase price. Expand

1. Feb 15, 2012
    Volition gets many things right in Saints Row: The Third in what is no doubt a fine sequel, but it's very much a case of sequelitis for the THQ franchise. The zany and over-the-top nature, well-written script and whole host of sandbox toys are held back ever so slightly by the oddly paced and repetitive proceedings of the game's main story.
  2. Feb 7, 2012
    Saint's Row: The Third sets out with a great ambition of giving the player freedom and an arsenal of fun elements to play with. Unfortunately, though, the game still falls a bit short with a somewhat childish sense of humour and quirky game mechanics.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    Despite my gripes with the multiplayer options, the 10-to-12-hour campaign's still very much worth the price of admission, and it needs to be seen to be believed-trust me, this game's done more than enough to earn its "M" rating from the ESRB.