8.0

1. May 5, 2012
    One of the worst games ever created. I am a huge Dynasty Warriors fan, but this game is just horrible. I really wanted to like it. I love Dynasty Warriors and I love Japan so this game should have been fantastic. No, what I got was slower gameplay, insanely unfair enemy A.I., dull graphics, horrendous voice acting, and a ton of other awful problems.

1. Until Koei takes the time to enliven the painfully monotonous action, this is one samurai best left an honorless ronin--especially since Empires inexplicably abandoned the two-player Live action of its predecessor. [Mar 2007, p.79]
  2. Another sub-par Warriors release, adding only one new mode but demanding 40 dollars. If you're a fan of the series, it may be worth it. Otherwise, pick up one of the older titles cheaper.
  3. A decent title, but it doesn’t offer the same visceral experience that gamers became enchanted with eight-plus titles ago. The "empires" portion adds replay and upgrades the hack-n-slash, but it’s tough to dig deep into those pockets and dole out money for a near carbon-copy artfully repackaged.