8.1

1. DamianK.
    Dec 27, 2007
    Decent enough trivia game IF players have extensive film knowledge. I took this game to my parents' house on Xmas day, and both they and my 18 yr old brother struggled due to the relative obscurity of some of the films and the difficulty of the questions. They did not particularly enjoy the game, as they could not answer many questions. If a trivia game is going to specialise in one Decent enough trivia game IF players have extensive film knowledge. I took this game to my parents' house on Xmas day, and both they and my 18 yr old brother struggled due to the relative obscurity of some of the films and the difficulty of the questions. They did not particularly enjoy the game, as they could not answer many questions. If a trivia game is going to specialise in one genre, the questions should not be so specific as to alienate those without huge knowledge in that genre. That said, for film buffs this is a good game. Expand

Is it worth the 60 dollar entry fee? Given that a regular game of Scene It? is going to run you 40 bucks from a retail store, I’d say, yes. You get hundreds more questions, four controllers (even if they have ripped off Buzz’s design), and the real kicker is that the Xbox 360 varies the 1,800 questions much better than a standard DVD player.
  2. Nearly anyone can plop down on couch and get enjoyment out of Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action in a party setting, which makes this Microsoft/Screenlife collaborative a success. But for the game and franchise to have any legs on the Xbox 360, downloadable content and some form of Live tie-in is a must.
  3. Single player is slowed down by an obnoxious and unnecessary presentation. But given how well the game works with friends, the sheer variety of trivia, and the brisk pace of the game, we don't feel out of line saying that Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action could be the best and most definitive version out there.