7.8

1. Apr 21, 2011
    Due to the aesthetic similarities, many might mistake this game (like I did with its predecessor) for a rather undisguised Halo-clone. Underneath the surface though, lurks a very different beast. If comparisons are to be made to other franchises, then Battlefield and Tribes might be the most appropriate. Section 8 Prejudice delivers large-scale vehiclular + infantry warfare on huge maps,Due to the aesthetic similarities, many might mistake this game (like I did with its predecessor) for a rather undisguised Halo-clone. Underneath the surface though, lurks a very different beast. If comparisons are to be made to other franchises, then Battlefield and Tribes might be the most appropriate. Section 8 Prejudice delivers large-scale vehiclular + infantry warfare on huge maps, where the primary points of contention are hackable bases that contribute 'control points' to whichever team happens to hold them at the time. Like Tribes, there are jet-packs and base-defences, but the unique twist in Section 8 Prejudice are the 'DCM's (Dynamic Combat Missions), which can be triggered during the course of any given battle, and offer up a range of different objective based gameplay types, such as escorting a convoy or VIP, hunting down select individuals on the enemy team, defending a forward base, etc. etc. Successful completion of DCMs results in a massive control point boost to your team, but also usually some sort of tangible benefit, e.g: that heavily armed and armored VIP you kept alive during the mission, will now handily defend one of your bases. All of these elements combined, make Section 8 Prejudice a far more innovative and deep game than it appears.

Strategic thinking and team-work are heavily emphasized, thanks to a flexible class system, in-game currency that can be used to purchase the aforementioned vehicles and base-defences. A 'lone wolf' can be successful in completing certain DCMs, and putting the hurt on enemy bases and players (depending on how they are equipped), but a squad of players with complimentary weapon + gadget load-outs, or vehicles, that works together in a coordinated fashion will steam-roll a more fragmented opposition. For players who enjoy first-person action with a healthy dose of team-work and tactics, I cannot recommend this title highly enough -- especially during a time when it seems every mainstream release is trying desperately to emulate Call of Duty. I have only scratched the surface of what this game offers, and at 1200msp, it's an absolute steal for anyone who even *thinks* that they might enjoy something like this.
  2. Apr 21, 2011
    This reboot of the series for Timegate studios for only $15 is a must buy for any shooter fan. With a 4-5 hour campaign along with multiplayer and a horde/firefight mode along with more maps and DLC on the way, this is the best arcade game you can get. Utilizing the UT3 graphics engine to the best of the Xbox Arcade ability(2 gig max download) this games sits at a 1.9 gig and looks andThis reboot of the series for Timegate studios for only $15 is a must buy for any shooter fan. With a 4-5 hour campaign along with multiplayer and a horde/firefight mode along with more maps and DLC on the way, this is the best arcade game you can get. Utilizing the UT3 graphics engine to the best of the Xbox Arcade ability(2 gig max download) this games sits at a 1.9 gig and looks and play great. after you get the hang of the controls its a fun game to play with friends or get killed by the unusually skilled bots online.

This is a Highly recommended game for anyone that wants to get something new. It doesn't reinvent the shooter, but it doesn't have to its $15.
  3. Apr 22, 2011
    For 1200 MS Points I was amazed at just what this game could offer me! For an arcade title I didn't expect it to have retail game visuals as it is 'still' an Xbox LIVE Arcade game afterall, but the sheer size of the multiplayer maps remind me of Battlefield 2 and to have dedicated server support is great.

The campaign is fun although a little short, and without spoiling the ending it

The campaign is fun although a little short, and without spoiling the ending it definitely leaves you feeling there will be a DLC expansion. Some of the unlocks require Achievements that aren't listed - so there must be an update due soon. You will feel like you have played it all before as it reminded me of Halo due to some of the level design and it's quite linear, but outstanding enjoyment value if you love to run-and-gun your way through the levels.

Multiplayer is the icing on the cake and Swarm Mode plays better than Call of Duty Zombies as it resembles a survival Horde style gameplay where you can buy upgraded equipment and try to survive for as long as you can. Conquest on the other hand is massive with up to 32 players battling it out at once on the massive maps that I have never seen in any game on that scale for size!

I have to rate this game 10 because there is not another Xbox LIVE Arcade game like it, it's brilliant and worth 1200 MS Points of any FPS shooting fan.
  4. Apr 25, 2011
    One of the best xbox live arcade games. The DCMs which are side missions that you can do to gain points to buy vehicles, turrets, and support items. The use of that changes the game entirely. You spawn by halo diving in anywhere in the map, which is pretty awesome, you can also land on people if you have a lot of skill. You can use points to drop AAs which stop people from spawning in thatOne of the best xbox live arcade games. The DCMs which are side missions that you can do to gain points to buy vehicles, turrets, and support items. The use of that changes the game entirely. You spawn by halo diving in anywhere in the map, which is pretty awesome, you can also land on people if you have a lot of skill. You can use points to drop AAs which stop people from spawning in that area. It is a cycle, an amazing cycle that works as long as you have a great team. Also executions with a mech is awesome Expand
  5. esp
    Apr 23, 2011
    I was a huge fan of the original Section 8 game, and this version is even better. The story is dumb, but the gameplay is fantastic, with lots of options for customization, jetpacks, mechs, tanks, missiles, and lots of fun variety of missions. Don't be fooled by the simplistic exterior -- there's a lot to see here!
  6. Apr 28, 2011
    Section 8: Prejudice improves everything in this thrilling sequel. Story, gameplay, loadouts, and graphics... Prejudice is something no fan of sci-fi shooters should miss out on. while the original Section 8 lacked ambition and came at a painful $60 price, Prejudice is a mere $15 and is only available through online download. And considering the content available; a 5 hour campaign, onlineSection 8: Prejudice improves everything in this thrilling sequel. Story, gameplay, loadouts, and graphics... Prejudice is something no fan of sci-fi shooters should miss out on. while the original Section 8 lacked ambition and came at a painful $60 price, Prejudice is a mere $15 and is only available through online download. And considering the content available; a 5 hour campaign, online multiplayer, and offline instant action, it is well worth it. The graphics for this game are astonishing considering that it is a XBL game. Whenever you overdrive through water, it splashes and glistens on the screen. The combat is a step up. You can not only choose your own gun, but also the type of ammunition. Same goes for your tools. As anyone who played the first game, you know that the campaign in the original was very lacking. A two hour game for an average gamer. The campaign in this is challenging and the voice acting sounds improved also. Overall, I can't recommend this enough to any FPS fan. While there have been a few crashes that I ran into, a patch was just released that took care of the general issues. Expand
  7. Apr 25, 2011
    Campaign took me over 5 hours on hard. Gameplay was fun, it taught you everything as you went along. Story was ok, but if I want Story I'll just go play bioshock. Swarm is awesome. If you've ever played GoW horde mode or Halo Firefight its like that buy you can buy turrets and vehicles etc. The main thing (in my opinion) is the multiplayer and it is extremely good. All the weapons are funCampaign took me over 5 hours on hard. Gameplay was fun, it taught you everything as you went along. Story was ok, but if I want Story I'll just go play bioshock. Swarm is awesome. If you've ever played GoW horde mode or Halo Firefight its like that buy you can buy turrets and vehicles etc. The main thing (in my opinion) is the multiplayer and it is extremely good. All the weapons are fun and pretty balanced I've seen all of them being used though of course the Machine Gun is the most popular, ha. You have more customization options than any CoD. Loadouts can be changed at any time. Leveling is just the right pace and you unlock a lot of different ammo upgrade/skills all the way up to level 85. There is only one gametype called Conquest which is your basic there are 4 bases around the map capture them. However Random Combat Missions (RCM) which are side objects you get the most points doing them, for example kill every member of the opposing team in 3 minutes, protect the (AI) VIP. They are random and it is great never knowing what to expect. The game goes to 1000 points and you get 5 for a kill 10 per person for RCM etc.
    I have only one complaint about this game and that is its graphics. Compared to most retail games it looks like Halo 3 I'd say, good but looks couple years old, However for XBLA nothing compares.

At 15 bucks this is a must buy game. I payed 4x that for black ops and I would trade black ops for this instantly. If your having trouble decided they have a full demo with everything for 30 minutes. You will not be dissapointed.
  8. Apr 23, 2011
    It's $15, lots of fun, and plays better than original. If you don't care for teamwork, avoid it. Overall, great arcade game. Some of the reviews, like IGN's, are butchering this for reasons that I can't comprehend - for a $15 arcade title. Get friends and play it. It is a solid 9 for an arcade title.
  9. Apr 22, 2011
    First I would put this as an 8, but people on Metacritic are so mean when they dont like something that I feel like I need to put a 10 just to counter. And then they will put a 2 to counter me. But I am not reviwing metacritic so... ------------Campaign: its a distraction. Play it to game achievements, get the back story, and familiarize yourself with the weapons and tools in the game. ItFirst I would put this as an 8, but people on Metacritic are so mean when they dont like something that I feel like I need to put a 10 just to counter. And then they will put a 2 to counter me. But I am not reviwing metacritic so... ------------Campaign: its a distraction. Play it to game achievements, get the back story, and familiarize yourself with the weapons and tools in the game. It is not bots in an arena though. It is a real campaign. -------------Swarm: Firefight. Face value. Lots of fun. --------------Conquest: The highlight. worth $20 by itself. Very interesting dynamic in that you get the most points by completing missions. You only earn the chance to complete the missions by hacking control points. Weapons are fun, mechanics are fun. Not perfect but I havent played halo reach in months and I have been playing this all week.----------------

Any one saying this game is a 5 or below is just butt hurt and rude. 5 or below means it is bad. 3 and below means its unplayably broken. Section 8: Prejudice is not these things. It is a fun game, and a great value at its price point.
  10. Apr 22, 2011
    Remember those games where you needed skill and focus to win? Remember when a kid would join your team and complain the game is too hard? Remember those good ol' days when games actually had a meaning rather than....kill, die, killstreak, repeat? Well this is one of those games. If you read a review about someone complaining, well that just means they think they are god of all games justRemember those games where you needed skill and focus to win? Remember when a kid would join your team and complain the game is too hard? Remember those good ol' days when games actually had a meaning rather than....kill, die, killstreak, repeat? Well this is one of those games. If you read a review about someone complaining, well that just means they think they are god of all games just because it takes 7 bullets in call of duty to die. Yes my friends, this game is a lock and load, drop down into action, get behind cover, and get back to back with other teammates to take home victory. You can go lone wolf if you want but that takes skill and time. Remember kids, this isnt call of duty where they had to make a game that you CAN ACTUALLY WIN to make yourself feel better about yourselves. With that said! Lets get the review! First off when you enter a game, everything feels alien. It may seem like a complex system menu for some but maybe not for others. This game has a feature allowing you to customize your effectivness in combat. And so in order to win you must first lose. Learn the weakness of your enemy, if they have high shields, well than grab a gun that pulverises shields! Dont complain about it just shoot with an EMP round! And so really this game is like any other shooter such as battlefield or halo BUT! It implements skill. You need to actually learn from your mistakes and find weakness in your opponents. SO i say BUY it! This game is perfect for all the gamers out there who are veterans of the old games, the people who were actually good at games and didnt complain about everytime they were killed. You win some and lose some, get used to it(; And so this is a 9, why not 10? Cuz there are too many kids online who say i cheat when they run directly at me acting like their CoD 'Skills' will help them :p Expand
  11. Apr 23, 2011
    I only purchased this game because of the Conquest and Swarm modes. The campaign is just icing on the cake for me.

Pros:
    Dedicated Servers
    Multiplayer Balance
    Swarm Mode
    Lots of stuff to unlock which keeps you busy
    Conquest Gamemode

Cons:
    Hard to get a party/friends together

For $15 you really can't go wrong, I would gladly pay $60 dollars.
  12. Apr 24, 2011
    For 1200msp, it's hard not to recommend Prejudice to anyone who is a gold member on Xbox Live at the moment. Hell, even silver members seeing as the campaign is varied and fairly long, and the bots will give you a good challenge (bot filled Conquest and Swarm games are available). Prejudice quite simply offers more content than many retail games currently do (I believe Homefront is theFor 1200msp, it's hard not to recommend Prejudice to anyone who is a gold member on Xbox Live at the moment. Hell, even silver members seeing as the campaign is varied and fairly long, and the bots will give you a good challenge (bot filled Conquest and Swarm games are available). Prejudice quite simply offers more content than many retail games currently do (I believe Homefront is the latest suspect) and for a much lower price. It boasts outstanding online and co-op modes, with friends in particular, that are nothing like I've seen before (I'm too young for Tribes) and although it does have a few other niggling flaws such as an initially aggravating menu and a relatively steep learning curve (with the strategy of deployables), these are testament to the product TimeGate Studios have produced. The gameplay is fundamentally superb and the multiplayer adds much needed longevity to the experience. Expand
  13. May 5, 2011
    I had heard about the original Section 8 and was disappointed when it received mediocre reviews from critics at release, because I thought the gameplay mechanics sounded cool. So when an ad for the sequel showed up on my xbox dashboard, I wasn't sure what to think. After a few days I decided to download the trial. My first impression? HOLY F*** THIS IS COOL. I loved the overdrive andI had heard about the original Section 8 and was disappointed when it received mediocre reviews from critics at release, because I thought the gameplay mechanics sounded cool. So when an ad for the sequel showed up on my xbox dashboard, I wasn't sure what to think. After a few days I decided to download the trial. My first impression? HOLY F*** THIS IS COOL. I loved the overdrive and jetpack abilities, and the spawning system was just plain awesome. Then I started playing multiplayer and was very pleasantly surprised by how solid it was. If you like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer at all, you'll almost certainly enjoy this $15 shooter. It's strategic, rewarding fun. Expand
  14. Apr 21, 2011
    If you enjoy games relying heavily on team-based objectives them you'll love Prejudice. The multiplayer is an absolute blast and only gets better with friends. Besides a few niggles with scenery and getting stuck on it I didn't find a single thing I didn't like.
  15. Jul 26, 2011
    $14.99 What do we get? 5hr Single Player which is done nicely, 32 Player Online, Various Game Modes, there is even a Co-Op Mode. Many ways to customise your character/class/weapons, U can save VARIOUS loadouts for different situations, The game also has Dedicated Regional Servers = Less LAG compared to the majority of P2P games that provide HOST Advantage:) Probably one of the Best FPS$14.99 What do we get? 5hr Single Player which is done nicely, 32 Player Online, Various Game Modes, there is even a Co-Op Mode. Many ways to customise your character/class/weapons, U can save VARIOUS loadouts for different situations, The game also has Dedicated Regional Servers = Less LAG compared to the majority of P2P games that provide HOST Advantage:) Probably one of the Best FPS games at such a low price to get your hands on this YEAR:) Well Worth it, U rly can't go wrong with this title:) I had it first on 360 and now for the PS3, this is how much I liked it:D Expand
  16. Dec 19, 2011
    I want to get this out of the way, Section 8: Prejudice is not a bad game, in fact, it's a great arcade game and one that you will find at an affordable price. Maybe what people didn't like from this game was the single-player which is really average at it's best and the AI is just really unfair just like the boss battles. However, what this game does not nail in single-player it nails inI want to get this out of the way, Section 8: Prejudice is not a bad game, in fact, it's a great arcade game and one that you will find at an affordable price. Maybe what people didn't like from this game was the single-player which is really average at it's best and the AI is just really unfair just like the boss battles. However, what this game does not nail in single-player it nails in multi-player, there is a decent amount of great game modes set in awesome maps. There is also a great variety of weapons, vehicles, and gadgets you can use making the experience greatly enjoyable. If you are looking for a strong single-player then look elsewhere but there is a great multi-player experience behind the average campaign mode and that is what makes this game a must-buy. Expand
  17. Jun 17, 2014
    Best online multiplayer first person shooter ever of all time. Everyone needs to play this. Except sony fanboys. They should go back to pretending to like the last of us.

1. Jul 1, 2011
    The first word that comes to my mind when I think of Prejudice is 'solid'. Every element of this game was executed at least well (the Swarm mode, audio and graphics) and some of them really stand out (like the Conquest mode and Dynamic Combat Missions). [June 2011, p.60]
  2. Jul 1, 2011
    Section 8: Prejudice is a worthy title for online shooter fans but won't really hold many players over with its single player campaign.
    Enjoyably frenetic war zone action. [July 2011, p.100]