Section 8: Prejudice Xbox 360

7.8

1. Rem
    Oct 9, 2015
    Section 8 Prejudice offers a lot with its asking price. With a mere $15 you get a full single player campaign, a fully featured multiplayer mode, and an implemented survival mode, and anyone without a clue to the substance of the game will buy it without a doubt. That said, those who know what the game truly offers and how it holds up will find that despite a generous asking price, SectionSection 8 Prejudice offers a lot with its asking price. With a mere $15 you get a full single player campaign, a fully featured multiplayer mode, and an implemented survival mode, and anyone without a clue to the substance of the game will buy it without a doubt. That said, those who know what the game truly offers and how it holds up will find that despite a generous asking price, Section 8 doesn't really do anything extraordinary or even good to begin with. For starters the single player is downright embarrassing with a campaign that ultimately plays like a multiplayer game with bots, it doesn't help that the game looks subpar at best and there is lack a real story incentive or leveling system to play through it. It lacks setpieces or any real high point to begin with. Save yourself the trouble and just head straight to multiplayer and survival, where the crux of the game really shows. While not doing anything terribly special, the joy of dropping from orbit was novel the first few matches until everything fell into a familiar monotonous tedium. The gunplay no doubt, has a very weighty feel to it and the inclusion of power ups and the ability to call in support via drop is very cool. Add to that a by the numbers survival mode, and Section 8 is a title that offers content for the long run. However, Section 8 lacks the elements that makes other titles standout, it's a generic sci-fi shooter at heart and there is an audience for that, but for those who are looking for something to wow us, it's not present here. Expand
  2. Jun 17, 2014
    Best online multiplayer first person shooter ever of all time. Everyone needs to play this. Except sony fanboys. They should go back to pretending to like the last of us.
  3. Feb 18, 2012
    The story is very short and the multilayer isn't the greatest Ive ever played but for 8 bucks it's worth buying. Note: The multilayer requires a lot of teamwork so if you don't like working with your team then this game isn't for you.
  4. Dec 19, 2011
    I want to get this out of the way, Section 8: Prejudice is not a bad game, in fact, it's a great arcade game and one that you will find at an affordable price. Maybe what people didn't like from this game was the single-player which is really average at it's best and the AI is just really unfair just like the boss battles. However, what this game does not nail in single-player it nails inI want to get this out of the way, Section 8: Prejudice is not a bad game, in fact, it's a great arcade game and one that you will find at an affordable price. Maybe what people didn't like from this game was the single-player which is really average at it's best and the AI is just really unfair just like the boss battles. However, what this game does not nail in single-player it nails in multi-player, there is a decent amount of great game modes set in awesome maps. There is also a great variety of weapons, vehicles, and gadgets you can use making the experience greatly enjoyable. If you are looking for a strong single-player then look elsewhere but there is a great multi-player experience behind the average campaign mode and that is what makes this game a must-buy. Expand
  5. Sep 28, 2011
    Just to get it out of the way... no, I never did play the original Section 8. It looked nice, like a mix of old school Tribes, Battlefield, and Unreal Tournament. But uh, just never got around to paying 60 bucks for it, considering that the community for the game would probably be small, and the fact that there was no proper singleplayer campaign. Well, now they're back with Section 8Just to get it out of the way... no, I never did play the original Section 8. It looked nice, like a mix of old school Tribes, Battlefield, and Unreal Tournament. But uh, just never got around to paying 60 bucks for it, considering that the community for the game would probably be small, and the fact that there was no proper singleplayer campaign. Well, now they're back with Section 8 Prejudice, a 15 dollar Xbox Live Arcade release. For 15 bucks... I'll try almost anything, you betcha.

So far, I've gone through most of the singleplayer campaign, and I've been playing Swarm with an assault rifle and machine gun loadout. Honestly, the machine gun's been a bit of a disappointment. Compared to the assault rifle, it has no zoom, worse accuracy, higher recoil, and takes longer to break down shields. On the other hand... it chews through armor a bit faster. Oh, and it has a higher capacity magazine, but... takes about twice as long to reload. I dunno, I've just been underwhelmed by it. It doesn't feel like a big meaty machine gun in an FPS should. In some situations, it'll be somewhat better than the assault rifle, but that isn't much of an endorsement.

The shooting feels rather flat. You're firing away at enemies with shields and armor bars with your laser bolts, and there isn't much response or recoil. It also feels hard to pin enemies down when they're strafing back and forth, and your rounds aren't knocking them back or doing much, and then they start jetpacking around and it's hard to aim. The overall shooting feels much less substantial and satisfying then one would like in an FPS.

It also took a while before I caught on that there was a limit to the turret stations you can lay down. I started out laying down minigun turrets, then figured out that you needed to back these up with Supply stations to autorepair the turrets. However, there's only a max of two offensive turrets you can lay down, so I'd go off to another corner of the map and lay down more turrets, and this would self-destruct my first turret, which baffled me for a while.

There's a limit of only two vehicles out and about at any time during the game, which means that in a four play Swarm game, two players near the end of the match are going to be sitting around with a ton of cash in the bank while watching their other two team members running around in giant Mechs having all the fun. That's not a great feeling, I'll tell ya. I also found out that supply stations can only resupply and heal with a single beam and will give priority to the Mechs, because I was running low on ammo and ran to a station only to find it healing up this enormous Mech standing in front. I had to just stand by and stare while this Mech got its giant armor bar filled out. They really should've just given the supply station multiple beams so we would have avoided this sort of situation.

There's also been some peculiar instances where it seems like my rounds will go right through bodies. This seems to be a case of bad prediction in the Unreal 3 net code, because I've had situations where some enemy will run right for the central terminal to hack, which is the primary objective in Swarm, and I'll fire away at them from a distance of about five to ten feet with my Machine Gun. Now, this is a machine gun loadout with four full bars devoted to bullet damage, which adds 16% damage. So I should be obliterating this fella. And yet, it seems to take forever to chip away this enemy's armor bar. The enemy was just a regular infantry unit too, called "Spear infantry," so it's not like this was some special high ranking enemy unit with added shields and armor. It just felt like the net code was not properly conveying my shots to the server, even though on my screen I had the enemy right dead in the center of my sights.

I don't understand their thinking on the campaign. I just got to New Madrid, near the end I think, and I had to stop and stare around at the beginning because they've made these enormous environments that look like they're almost as large as Crysis's levels, if without the visual fidelity. Just huge cavernous regions that go far off into the distance, with impressive vistas and hills. And yet, they place these boundary limits on you, just like the borders in a Battlefield 2 game, the ones with the time limit, so even though you're in this apparently humongous map, you're still forced to run along these tight linear routes. Why even make these big spaces if you're just gonna limit the player like that?
  6. Aug 21, 2011
    Prejudice is a big improvement over the first game,but thats not hard to be honest.Using a newer Unreal Engine model,its looks better,& has a smooth framerate,which is important in a game such as this.Most importantly,to me anyway,is the much improved,longer Campaign mode,with a much better story,& is not just a glorified tutorial,like it was in the first game.The Co-Op Swarm mode is aPrejudice is a big improvement over the first game,but thats not hard to be honest.Using a newer Unreal Engine model,its looks better,& has a smooth framerate,which is important in a game such as this.Most importantly,to me anyway,is the much improved,longer Campaign mode,with a much better story,& is not just a glorified tutorial,like it was in the first game.The Co-Op Swarm mode is a very welcome addition too,& its great that this,& all the multiplayer modes can be played with Bots if you so wish.Its a real shame & wasted opportunity though that theres no Campaign Co-Op.. In the next Section 8(if there is one),i would still like to see a longer campaign,that tells more background on Section 8.After all,they're called Section 8,named after people that would normally be discharged for mental instability.Theres a reason they're called Section 8,& i'd like to get to know the squad better,to find out why,woven into the story.Something that was only brushed on in the teaser for the first game.Campaign Co-Op would be amazing in a game like this too,so could we have that next time please.Great game on the whole though,& outstanding value for the asking price.Would have preferred to have bought it at retail though,even if it meant paying a little more. Expand
  7. Jul 26, 2011
    $14.99 What do we get? 5hr Single Player which is done nicely, 32 Player Online, Various Game Modes, there is even a Co-Op Mode. Many ways to customise your character/class/weapons, U can save VARIOUS loadouts for different situations, The game also has Dedicated Regional Servers = Less LAG compared to the majority of P2P games that provide HOST Advantage:) Probably one of the Best FPS$14.99 What do we get? 5hr Single Player which is done nicely, 32 Player Online, Various Game Modes, there is even a Co-Op Mode. Many ways to customise your character/class/weapons, U can save VARIOUS loadouts for different situations, The game also has Dedicated Regional Servers = Less LAG compared to the majority of P2P games that provide HOST Advantage:) Probably one of the Best FPS games at such a low price to get your hands on this YEAR:) Well Worth it, U rly can't go wrong with this title:) I had it first on 360 and now for the PS3, this is how much I liked it:D Expand
  8. May 12, 2011
    Given the price this game is a MUST buy. Dedicated servers for the win. The game play is fun and intense. This game really shines if you and a couple friends pick it up together.
  9. May 8, 2011
    This game would be a 9 or a 10 if it wasn't for a couple of pretty major issues:

1. Lack of a party system - The multiplayer part of this game runs just like on a PC, so it takes a little getting used to for the console crowd. It's basically hosted servers with auto balance enabled. So this means when you join your friends on a server it automatically puts you on the team with the fewest players and keeps the teams balanced. This completely ignores the fact that you want to play with your friends. You can switch sides, but only as long as it makes the teams even. Pretty annoying!!! We need a party system and the option to turn off auto balance.

2. Crashing - The game crashes the xbox on average about once every hour or two. I'm talking a crash where you have to pull the power to the 360, you can't even press the power button to reset. It seems to be worse on certain maps, but is pretty consistent for both me and my buddies. 3. AA Spawn - mainly just a pet-peeve of mine, but if you spawn when no AA is in place then AA is placed you are guaranteed to die and there is not a damn thing you can do about it. If it's not there when you jump you shouldn't be able to be killed. Again not a major issue or bug but it's annoying.

If these three pretty big issues were fixed this would be a 9 or 10 game easily. Its fun to play but can be annoying with the above issues.
  10. May 7, 2011
    I stumbled across this game last night on steam for the low price of $16 and began my download. I have played it now for a couple of hours and I feel like I have enough of the basics down to do a review.Let me start by saying that I did not play the original Section 8 but was able to discern, from various reviews on the net, that it left quite a bit to be desired. I think this gameI stumbled across this game last night on steam for the low price of $16 and began my download. I have played it now for a couple of hours and I feel like I have enough of the basics down to do a review.Let me start by saying that I did not play the original Section 8 but was able to discern, from various reviews on the net, that it left quite a bit to be desired. I think this game delivered better than it's predecessor in that it actually has a single-player campaign. This is where I have spent most of my time on the game thus far.The story-line of the campaign is very lacking.  Everything around the narrative seems very thrown-together and generic.  The game starts you off as a captain of a unit who holds a very important prisoner.  Inevitably, the prisoner gets away and you must track down his where-a bouts in order to bring him back to his cell.  The main characters don't seem to be that memorable.  Ultimately, it feels like just an excuse to shoot bad guys.I also had issue after issue trying to create a Microsoft LIVE ID through the game itself. I eventually navigated to the site manually with Google Chrome and registered myself externally. I think this is a bug that needs to be looked at.The graphics are ok.  Nothing spectacular but definitely not sub-par here.  The games controls are fun.  You are equipped with a jet pack, a super-sprint ability and all of the game's buttons are in a place where one would think they should be. I did not feel like I could control the character the way I wanted to most of the time though. I found myself wanting to crouch lower, to strafe while I was running and to control my jet pack direction a little better. The multiplayer seemed to be a confusing mess for me. I was able to join a server easily enough but once I got in and deployed myself (you get shot out of a drop ship anywhere you specify on the combat map) I wasn't sure what was going on at all. New missions would be assigned to either team almost sporadically.  Once the mission was assigned I had no idea where to go to accomplish the mission for my team.  The result was about thirty minutes of pure frustration before I left the server.Both weapons and amo can be selected from inventory stations or load outs before you deploy yourself. These items can be modified and certain stats can be tweaked to give your character more armor, more damage, etc.  This could make for a lot of different variations of different characters and possibly make the multiplayer more revolved around the individual's play style.All and all, the game is certainly worth the $16 I paid for it but not much more. It feels like a Halo spin-off  and I think it would be a great game for fans of Halo in the single-player aspect.  The confusion from the multiplayer matches makes the game virtually useless for those of us who are looking for a good fps to play competitively with our friends.  In this case you get what you pay for. Expand
  11. May 5, 2011
    I had heard about the original Section 8 and was disappointed when it received mediocre reviews from critics at release, because I thought the gameplay mechanics sounded cool. So when an ad for the sequel showed up on my xbox dashboard, I wasn't sure what to think. After a few days I decided to download the trial. My first impression? HOLY F*** THIS IS COOL. I loved the overdrive andI had heard about the original Section 8 and was disappointed when it received mediocre reviews from critics at release, because I thought the gameplay mechanics sounded cool. So when an ad for the sequel showed up on my xbox dashboard, I wasn't sure what to think. After a few days I decided to download the trial. My first impression? HOLY F*** THIS IS COOL. I loved the overdrive and jetpack abilities, and the spawning system was just plain awesome. Then I started playing multiplayer and was very pleasantly surprised by how solid it was. If you like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer at all, you'll almost certainly enjoy this $15 shooter. It's strategic, rewarding fun. Expand
  12. Apr 29, 2011
    I am rating this a little lower than I really think it is just because the average is too high in my opinion. If you've played the first Section 8, this is more of the same. Both section 8 games are lots of okay. Nothing great just okay. They can be fun just not enough fun. Prejudice just suffers from a lack of solid gameplay. Sloppy aiming, inconsistent abilities and weapons, and someI am rating this a little lower than I really think it is just because the average is too high in my opinion. If you've played the first Section 8, this is more of the same. Both section 8 games are lots of okay. Nothing great just okay. They can be fun just not enough fun. Prejudice just suffers from a lack of solid gameplay. Sloppy aiming, inconsistent abilities and weapons, and some extremely slow moving characters. If it were cheaper then I would happily recommend it but even at $15 it is overpriced. Especially when compared to the excessive amount of quality shooters that are available at this point. Expand
  13. Apr 28, 2011
    Section 8: Prejudice improves everything in this thrilling sequel. Story, gameplay, loadouts, and graphics... Prejudice is something no fan of sci-fi shooters should miss out on. while the original Section 8 lacked ambition and came at a painful $60 price, Prejudice is a mere $15 and is only available through online download. And considering the content available; a 5 hour campaign, onlineSection 8: Prejudice improves everything in this thrilling sequel. Story, gameplay, loadouts, and graphics... Prejudice is something no fan of sci-fi shooters should miss out on. while the original Section 8 lacked ambition and came at a painful $60 price, Prejudice is a mere $15 and is only available through online download. And considering the content available; a 5 hour campaign, online multiplayer, and offline instant action, it is well worth it. The graphics for this game are astonishing considering that it is a XBL game. Whenever you overdrive through water, it splashes and glistens on the screen. The combat is a step up. You can not only choose your own gun, but also the type of ammunition. Same goes for your tools. As anyone who played the first game, you know that the campaign in the original was very lacking. A two hour game for an average gamer. The campaign in this is challenging and the voice acting sounds improved also. Overall, I can't recommend this enough to any FPS fan. While there have been a few crashes that I ran into, a patch was just released that took care of the general issues. Expand
  14. Apr 28, 2011
    Fianlly a multiplayer shooter that encourages teamplay and tactics. It takes more to win this game then pointing the crosshair at your enemy's face and pressing the trigger (also described as "skill" by some people). If you don't wonna be seen, kill the sensor arrays. If you don't want to be locked on, drop a sensor jammer. Is your enemy using incinerate ammo? Upgrade your armor for moreFianlly a multiplayer shooter that encourages teamplay and tactics. It takes more to win this game then pointing the crosshair at your enemy's face and pressing the trigger (also described as "skill" by some people). If you don't wonna be seen, kill the sensor arrays. If you don't want to be locked on, drop a sensor jammer. Is your enemy using incinerate ammo? Upgrade your armor for more fire resistance! Are you constantly jammed? Jump into a mech and beat the crap out of them! Is a sniper sitting on a montain top guarded by an AA turret camping the map? Buff your armor with upgrades and jump on his head - problem solved. There are counter-measures for almost everything. Graphics are totally ok for a $15 game. I give it 8/10 because of AutoBalancing and the lack of a pre-game lobby. Expand
  15. Apr 25, 2011
    Campaign took me over 5 hours on hard. Gameplay was fun, it taught you everything as you went along. Story was ok, but if I want Story I'll just go play bioshock. Swarm is awesome. If you've ever played GoW horde mode or Halo Firefight its like that buy you can buy turrets and vehicles etc. The main thing (in my opinion) is the multiplayer and it is extremely good. All the weapons are funCampaign took me over 5 hours on hard. Gameplay was fun, it taught you everything as you went along. Story was ok, but if I want Story I'll just go play bioshock. Swarm is awesome. If you've ever played GoW horde mode or Halo Firefight its like that buy you can buy turrets and vehicles etc. The main thing (in my opinion) is the multiplayer and it is extremely good. All the weapons are fun and pretty balanced I've seen all of them being used though of course the Machine Gun is the most popular, ha. You have more customization options than any CoD. Loadouts can be changed at any time. Leveling is just the right pace and you unlock a lot of different ammo upgrade/skills all the way up to level 85. There is only one gametype called Conquest which is your basic there are 4 bases around the map capture them. However Random Combat Missions (RCM) which are side objects you get the most points doing them, for example kill every member of the opposing team in 3 minutes, protect the (AI) VIP. They are random and it is great never knowing what to expect. The game goes to 1000 points and you get 5 for a kill 10 per person for RCM etc.
    I have only one complaint about this game and that is its graphics. Compared to most retail games it looks like Halo 3 I'd say, good but looks couple years old, However for XBLA nothing compares.

At 15 bucks this is a must buy game. I payed 4x that for black ops and I would trade black ops for this instantly. If your having trouble decided they have a full demo with everything for 30 minutes. You will not be dissapointed.
  16. Apr 25, 2011
    One of the best xbox live arcade games. The DCMs which are side missions that you can do to gain points to buy vehicles, turrets, and support items. The use of that changes the game entirely. You spawn by halo diving in anywhere in the map, which is pretty awesome, you can also land on people if you have a lot of skill. You can use points to drop AAs which stop people from spawning in thatOne of the best xbox live arcade games. The DCMs which are side missions that you can do to gain points to buy vehicles, turrets, and support items. The use of that changes the game entirely. You spawn by halo diving in anywhere in the map, which is pretty awesome, you can also land on people if you have a lot of skill. You can use points to drop AAs which stop people from spawning in that area. It is a cycle, an amazing cycle that works as long as you have a great team. Also executions with a mech is awesome Expand
  17. Apr 24, 2011
    For 1200msp, it's hard not to recommend Prejudice to anyone who is a gold member on Xbox Live at the moment. Hell, even silver members seeing as the campaign is varied and fairly long, and the bots will give you a good challenge (bot filled Conquest and Swarm games are available). Prejudice quite simply offers more content than many retail games currently do (I believe Homefront is theFor 1200msp, it's hard not to recommend Prejudice to anyone who is a gold member on Xbox Live at the moment. Hell, even silver members seeing as the campaign is varied and fairly long, and the bots will give you a good challenge (bot filled Conquest and Swarm games are available). Prejudice quite simply offers more content than many retail games currently do (I believe Homefront is the latest suspect) and for a much lower price. It boasts outstanding online and co-op modes, with friends in particular, that are nothing like I've seen before (I'm too young for Tribes) and although it does have a few other niggling flaws such as an initially aggravating menu and a relatively steep learning curve (with the strategy of deployables), these are testament to the product TimeGate Studios have produced. The gameplay is fundamentally superb and the multiplayer adds much needed longevity to the experience. Expand
  18. esp
    Apr 23, 2011
    I was a huge fan of the original Section 8 game, and this version is even better. The story is dumb, but the gameplay is fantastic, with lots of options for customization, jetpacks, mechs, tanks, missiles, and lots of fun variety of missions. Don't be fooled by the simplistic exterior -- there's a lot to see here!
  19. Apr 23, 2011
    It's $15, lots of fun, and plays better than original. If you don't care for teamwork, avoid it. Overall, great arcade game. Some of the reviews, like IGN's, are butchering this for reasons that I can't comprehend - for a $15 arcade title. Get friends and play it. It is a solid 9 for an arcade title.
  20. Apr 23, 2011
    I only purchased this game because of the Conquest and Swarm modes. The campaign is just icing on the cake for me.

Pros:
    Dedicated Servers
    Multiplayer Balance
    Swarm Mode
    Lots of stuff to unlock which keeps you busy
    Conquest Gamemode

Cons:
    Hard to get a party/friends together

For $15 you really can't go wrong, I would gladly pay $60 dollars.
  21. Apr 22, 2011
    For 1200 MS Points I was amazed at just what this game could offer me! For an arcade title I didn't expect it to have retail game visuals as it is 'still' an Xbox LIVE Arcade game afterall, but the sheer size of the multiplayer maps remind me of Battlefield 2 and to have dedicated server support is great.

The campaign is fun although a little short, and without spoiling the ending it

The campaign is fun although a little short, and without spoiling the ending it definitely leaves you feeling there will be a DLC expansion. Some of the unlocks require Achievements that aren't listed - so there must be an update due soon. You will feel like you have played it all before as it reminded me of Halo due to some of the level design and it's quite linear, but outstanding enjoyment value if you love to run-and-gun your way through the levels.

Multiplayer is the icing on the cake and Swarm Mode plays better than Call of Duty Zombies as it resembles a survival Horde style gameplay where you can buy upgraded equipment and try to survive for as long as you can. Conquest on the other hand is massive with up to 32 players battling it out at once on the massive maps that I have never seen in any game on that scale for size!

I have to rate this game 10 because there is not another Xbox LIVE Arcade game like it, it's brilliant and worth 1200 MS Points of any FPS shooting fan.
  22. Apr 22, 2011
    It's just like Section 8, fun for a short period of time, then gets boring. But This one has kept me on for hours, more than minutes from the original Section 8, and this one is only an Arcade game. Seriously I say why not buy it. It's 15 bucks, and has a lot to offer. It's nothing too impressive, but it is fun for a couple hours each day. Good game to play when you are completely bored.It's just like Section 8, fun for a short period of time, then gets boring. But This one has kept me on for hours, more than minutes from the original Section 8, and this one is only an Arcade game. Seriously I say why not buy it. It's 15 bucks, and has a lot to offer. It's nothing too impressive, but it is fun for a couple hours each day. Good game to play when you are completely bored. But if you don't want to spend 15 bucks on a game that has bad controls, but lots of hours to waste with some pretty fun action, then don't buy this game. It's simple. ;) Expand
  23. Apr 22, 2011
    An fps that combines Battlefield and Halo Reach under the name of prejudice for affordable housing. Crazy combination, but great results marred by lack of extras. A game that ditches the lone super soldier for a team of super soldiers. Very durable soldiers that can custom suit themselves for situations from more shields, armor or both. Higher damage and less recoil. Faster recharging jetsAn fps that combines Battlefield and Halo Reach under the name of prejudice for affordable housing. Crazy combination, but great results marred by lack of extras. A game that ditches the lone super soldier for a team of super soldiers. Very durable soldiers that can custom suit themselves for situations from more shields, armor or both. Higher damage and less recoil. Faster recharging jets and longer durations of overdrive sprinting. Guns can be mixed with your choice in mods to fit whatever situation you prefer to fight in. Dive bomb through the sky and land gently or leave a crater and you got a game that goes beyond Battlefield ODST. The game's got some nice ideas and gameplay but totally runs short on the presentation. A fps needs a good feel to guns and killing. A satisfaction in war if you will. Since the super soldiers here are very durable, guns feel weak or power armor is really power armor, in the end you lose a bit of the satisfaction in powerful weapons that decimate your foes. Small loss I suppose. But there is one big thing that bugs me and thats the lack of game options. There is no way to have custom variants of conquest. Base hacks only, convoy and vip only, infiltrator only, 200% duration jetpacks, mechs everywhere, $1 rocket turrets, nada. It's just the stock version of conquest. Not many extras for extra fun. This game has potential for extra fun and ideas, but doesn't take advantage of it. Factor in guns without much oomph, and you get a mixed feelin fps at a budget price. Potentially good game turned above average by a lack of imagination. Expand
  24. Apr 22, 2011
    The story mode is a ridiculous tale, without any genuinely good hooks to keep people interested. Protect a tank piloted by moronic ai teammates, shoot down a gunship that launches hordes of missiles, take on thick skinned engineers that repair each other, the story mode takes the cake for being uninspired, un-fun, and hilariously bad voice work. The story mode was so bad they should haveThe story mode is a ridiculous tale, without any genuinely good hooks to keep people interested. Protect a tank piloted by moronic ai teammates, shoot down a gunship that launches hordes of missiles, take on thick skinned engineers that repair each other, the story mode takes the cake for being uninspired, un-fun, and hilariously bad voice work. The story mode was so bad they should have just left it out and charged me $10 for the rest of the game. The online play itself is a mixed bag. There is a lot of customization options to choose the way you fight, and deal with specialists in custom classes by equipping properly to deal with them. Enemies stack on shields, you mix emp rounds with frag grenades or incendiary rounds if you like weapon switching. Too many aa guns around, get reactive armor plates to take less damage from em. Don't want a red mark over your head? Get stealthy. Lots of options. All of these options combined with the emphasis on teamwork for hacking and holding bases with the random missions would make this game an awesome success. Until you get randomly switched to the other team. I have NEVER encountered a more rage inducing feature than the autobalancing. You help a team win only to be put on the other side near the end because other people on their team leave. Why am I randomly punished? Or some other unlucky guy? You don't even get a refund on the items you bought with your points. How is that a good feature? I'm all for unique fps gameplay, but this game has features that absolutely ruin the fun, whether its in the beginning, middle or end. I would give this game a 7 for being decent to good. Serious points taken out for the bad story mode which is near half the game's content. If I didn't waste money on the single player and spent $10, this game would be a 8. With the most intrusive feature I have ever had slap me in the face because some other guy is a sore loser and leaves, a 6. Even if its not me, someone else is a victim. Too bad no one ever feels sorry for that guy. Expand
  25. Apr 22, 2011
    Remember those games where you needed skill and focus to win? Remember when a kid would join your team and complain the game is too hard? Remember those good ol' days when games actually had a meaning rather than....kill, die, killstreak, repeat? Well this is one of those games. If you read a review about someone complaining, well that just means they think they are god of all games justRemember those games where you needed skill and focus to win? Remember when a kid would join your team and complain the game is too hard? Remember those good ol' days when games actually had a meaning rather than....kill, die, killstreak, repeat? Well this is one of those games. If you read a review about someone complaining, well that just means they think they are god of all games just because it takes 7 bullets in call of duty to die. Yes my friends, this game is a lock and load, drop down into action, get behind cover, and get back to back with other teammates to take home victory. You can go lone wolf if you want but that takes skill and time. Remember kids, this isnt call of duty where they had to make a game that you CAN ACTUALLY WIN to make yourself feel better about yourselves. With that said! Lets get the review! First off when you enter a game, everything feels alien. It may seem like a complex system menu for some but maybe not for others. This game has a feature allowing you to customize your effectivness in combat. And so in order to win you must first lose. Learn the weakness of your enemy, if they have high shields, well than grab a gun that pulverises shields! Dont complain about it just shoot with an EMP round! And so really this game is like any other shooter such as battlefield or halo BUT! It implements skill. You need to actually learn from your mistakes and find weakness in your opponents. SO i say BUY it! This game is perfect for all the gamers out there who are veterans of the old games, the people who were actually good at games and didnt complain about everytime they were killed. You win some and lose some, get used to it(; And so this is a 9, why not 10? Cuz there are too many kids online who say i cheat when they run directly at me acting like their CoD 'Skills' will help them :p Expand
  26. Apr 22, 2011
    First I would put this as an 8, but people on Metacritic are so mean when they dont like something that I feel like I need to put a 10 just to counter. And then they will put a 2 to counter me. But I am not reviwing metacritic so... ------------Campaign: its a distraction. Play it to game achievements, get the back story, and familiarize yourself with the weapons and tools in the game. ItFirst I would put this as an 8, but people on Metacritic are so mean when they dont like something that I feel like I need to put a 10 just to counter. And then they will put a 2 to counter me. But I am not reviwing metacritic so... ------------Campaign: its a distraction. Play it to game achievements, get the back story, and familiarize yourself with the weapons and tools in the game. It is not bots in an arena though. It is a real campaign. -------------Swarm: Firefight. Face value. Lots of fun. --------------Conquest: The highlight. worth $20 by itself. Very interesting dynamic in that you get the most points by completing missions. You only earn the chance to complete the missions by hacking control points. Weapons are fun, mechanics are fun. Not perfect but I havent played halo reach in months and I have been playing this all week.----------------

Any one saying this game is a 5 or below is just butt hurt and rude. 5 or below means it is bad. 3 and below means its unplayably broken. Section 8: Prejudice is not these things. It is a fun game, and a great value at its price point.
  27. Apr 22, 2011
    This game is all about multiplayer: 16 v 16 battles (on dedicated servers) plus fantastic deep and balanced gameplay equals one of the best multiplayer experiences you'll find anywhere imo (always play on ranked servers as that's where the action is, though you can play offline with bots too). Chuck in a singleplayer and a horde-style mode and that is a game easily worth 1200 mspoints.This game is all about multiplayer: 16 v 16 battles (on dedicated servers) plus fantastic deep and balanced gameplay equals one of the best multiplayer experiences you'll find anywhere imo (always play on ranked servers as that's where the action is, though you can play offline with bots too). Chuck in a singleplayer and a horde-style mode and that is a game easily worth 1200 mspoints. The game does auto balance during play, but I think it's a necessary evil as it eliminates the cascade effect where losing players bail causing team mates to give up and bail also when they see their numbers drop (one flaw of BC2). Playing on full servers or with bots included makes this a rare occurrence. The "aimbot" is a counter for jetpacks and is a timed lock-on ability which has a cooldown timer, so only can be used sporadically. Expand
  28. Apr 22, 2011
    Eurogamer is a site known to save its high scores for truly good titles, bestowed upon Section 8 Prejudice a 9/10. I was dazzled. To call this the best shooter since bfbc2 is quite a remark. Naturally I had to give this game a shot. I was ready for outdated graphics and lower than normal production values. I mean, green eggs and ham is actually quite good despite how it looks. I couldEurogamer is a site known to save its high scores for truly good titles, bestowed upon Section 8 Prejudice a 9/10. I was dazzled. To call this the best shooter since bfbc2 is quite a remark. Naturally I had to give this game a shot. I was ready for outdated graphics and lower than normal production values. I mean, green eggs and ham is actually quite good despite how it looks. I could repeat a lot of the awesome stuff that Eurogamer said, custom armor, weapon modifications, overdrive, mechs with fatalities, tanks that can hover in the air for a bit... This game has some jaw dropping ideas. Might as well start salivating. Warmed up a bit against bots and checked out the maps a little. Tempest is nice. Called up a friend and logged in to "share some ham together." DENIED! We can't be on the same team. A bot can't be moved for us to play together or else the teams would be uneven. I asked another player for help, and he said "Oh yeah the autobalance. Don't worry we can take care of ya." WHAT THE HECK?! Eurogamer's review said nothing about autobalance for teams. Sure, there is nice people on the internet and whole lots of jerks too, but I still want to play with my friend and friends. Is that too much to ask for in a modern game? Are we going back to those old days where pc games had server browsers but didn't let friends play together on the same team? Eurogamer is right about this game having some crazy balance mechanics. Ammo types that are anti-shield, anti-armor, short out jetpacks. Pistol extended mag or burstfire. There's lots to love here. But hot DARN it if I can't join a friend and go turning others into meat. Ya this game is balanced alright. AUTOBALANCED. Seriously if this feature wasn't in, I'd be loving this game like crazy. This game is not the perfect or super highly rated game it is until autobalance is REMOVED. I feel betrayed with the omission of that little and very important detail. Bloody contracts and fine print, except fine print ain't even there to read. Portal 2, oh yes, that game is all sorts of love. That game is... COOP-able! Guess the ham is over there. Expand
  29. Apr 21, 2011
    this game tries hard to be better than halo mw battlefield but it just does so much wrong. it takes too many bullets to kill someone at a low level. the higher levels have better armor, weapons, options. a aimbot is included in this game and there is no way to play without it. a aimbot in a fps! what happened to skill and only skill? why do I have to equip stealth or hide like a sissy inthis game tries hard to be better than halo mw battlefield but it just does so much wrong. it takes too many bullets to kill someone at a low level. the higher levels have better armor, weapons, options. a aimbot is included in this game and there is no way to play without it. a aimbot in a fps! what happened to skill and only skill? why do I have to equip stealth or hide like a sissy in order to stop a llama from shooting me a bit then getting a free kill with autoaim as i superspeed away? heck I can aimbot other people too and steal kills once I see some fool who is low hp. game is a joke. autoaim ruins this game. no. something else that someone said is more important. the autobalance is a joke. I have been on the winning team several times had a mech and was slapping nubs then the game autoswitches me at random. i lose my mech and my effort put into winning. this game is fail. 15 bucks for a crap game. so many overrated reviews that dont mention or totally ignore the bad parts of the game. Expand
  30. Apr 21, 2011
    Do not buy. This is a team game that does not have party matchmaking or joining. You cannot team up with your friends. Joining a server results in a random chance of you on the same team with your friend, against them, or if you start on the same team then all ranked servers have autobalance which can separate you from your friends later on. For a team game, this feature is a deal breakerDo not buy. This is a team game that does not have party matchmaking or joining. You cannot team up with your friends. Joining a server results in a random chance of you on the same team with your friend, against them, or if you start on the same team then all ranked servers have autobalance which can separate you from your friends later on. For a team game, this feature is a deal breaker and I warn all prospective buyers that for the cheap price this arcade title is, it is cheap because it has poor multiplayer features. Do not buy. Better team games to spend your hard earned money on no matter how little. The devs promised they would fix this feature from the previous game despite all the complaints on their forums now and years ago. They still haven't fixed it and lied again. Do not support these devs and their empty promises. Expand
  31. Apr 21, 2011
    For $15, this game has good value. However, quality is another matter entirely. The game is billed as a single and multiplayer experience for $15. The campaign is not coop, even if there is a coop multiplayer mode. The campaign tries to be epic with all the cutscenes, but the experience is short lived and tells a utterly, completely forgettable story. Modern Warfare 2's disjointed storyFor $15, this game has good value. However, quality is another matter entirely. The game is billed as a single and multiplayer experience for $15. The campaign is not coop, even if there is a coop multiplayer mode. The campaign tries to be epic with all the cutscenes, but the experience is short lived and tells a utterly, completely forgettable story. Modern Warfare 2's disjointed story experience is more entertaining than this.

The conquest mode in multiplayer is a mix. Loners and cowboys don't do well, as this is a team-team-TEAM game. I enjoyed the burning in, the purchase system, the customization of armor modules and weapon stats. I didn't like the fact that I could get the drop on 2 players and even with 4 armor, 4 shield, 2 stealth, I couldn't kill 1 guy with surprise mortar hit and gunfire on my side, and died quickly when they both returned fire. I bet they used the lock on at the same time. Maybe he had some explosive resistant armor, but there is no way to tell. This game does a poor job of telling you or hinting what types of enemies you face. Still, this game does not reward solo work, which makes for a fun team game, but a piss poor loner game. It's squad up or die, which is a both good and bad thing. Unless your team and squad are good, you won't be able to do much on your own. Why do I mention this? There is no way to play with a friend unless you get lucky and are put on the same team, on the same server, together. You gotta play the swarm mode against bots to be able to successfully play with a friend. Not a cool feature to have, or rather not have, for a team oriented multiplayer game. Major problem here. I don't care if this game has dedicated servers. If I can't play with a friend who I can rely on, this game ain't enjoyable.

I have to make a special complaint about the sound design in this game. Where Bulletstorm had high quality constant trash talk, this game has absolute filth for voice actors and writers. "You are DEAD." "Slowed em down," after using a mech to pick up a guy from his bike and hit a homerun. Terrible sound design for voices. And the guns... well, they sound underpowered. The machinegun sounds like some sort of washermachine running without water, the assault rifle rail rounds is like a scifi bb gun, and I'm being generous with that description. Graphics are ok, won't be fair to compare this to a full price game. It would have been nice to have better sound design to make up for outdated graphics. This game delivers a lot of value for $15, but the single player, the lack of easily playing with a friend, the awful voices and gunfire, make this a decent purchase at best for a shooter.
  32. Apr 21, 2011
    This reboot of the series for Timegate studios for only $15 is a must buy for any shooter fan. With a 4-5 hour campaign along with multiplayer and a horde/firefight mode along with more maps and DLC on the way, this is the best arcade game you can get. Utilizing the UT3 graphics engine to the best of the Xbox Arcade ability(2 gig max download) this games sits at a 1.9 gig and looks andThis reboot of the series for Timegate studios for only $15 is a must buy for any shooter fan. With a 4-5 hour campaign along with multiplayer and a horde/firefight mode along with more maps and DLC on the way, this is the best arcade game you can get. Utilizing the UT3 graphics engine to the best of the Xbox Arcade ability(2 gig max download) this games sits at a 1.9 gig and looks and play great. after you get the hang of the controls its a fun game to play with friends or get killed by the unusually skilled bots online.

This is a Highly recommended game for anyone that wants to get something new. It doesn't reinvent the shooter, but it doesn't have to its $15.
  33. Apr 21, 2011
    If you enjoy games relying heavily on team-based objectives them you'll love Prejudice. The multiplayer is an absolute blast and only gets better with friends. Besides a few niggles with scenery and getting stuck on it I didn't find a single thing I didn't like.
  34. Apr 21, 2011
    Due to the aesthetic similarities, many might mistake this game (like I did with its predecessor) for a rather undisguised Halo-clone. Underneath the surface though, lurks a very different beast. If comparisons are to be made to other franchises, then Battlefield and Tribes might be the most appropriate. Section 8 Prejudice delivers large-scale vehiclular + infantry warfare on huge maps,Due to the aesthetic similarities, many might mistake this game (like I did with its predecessor) for a rather undisguised Halo-clone. Underneath the surface though, lurks a very different beast. If comparisons are to be made to other franchises, then Battlefield and Tribes might be the most appropriate. Section 8 Prejudice delivers large-scale vehiclular + infantry warfare on huge maps, where the primary points of contention are hackable bases that contribute 'control points' to whichever team happens to hold them at the time. Like Tribes, there are jet-packs and base-defences, but the unique twist in Section 8 Prejudice are the 'DCM's (Dynamic Combat Missions), which can be triggered during the course of any given battle, and offer up a range of different objective based gameplay types, such as escorting a convoy or VIP, hunting down select individuals on the enemy team, defending a forward base, etc. etc. Successful completion of DCMs results in a massive control point boost to your team, but also usually some sort of tangible benefit, e.g: that heavily armed and armored VIP you kept alive during the mission, will now handily defend one of your bases. All of these elements combined, make Section 8 Prejudice a far more innovative and deep game than it appears.

Strategic thinking and team-work are heavily emphasized, thanks to a flexible class system, in-game currency that can be used to purchase the aforementioned vehicles and base-defences. A 'lone wolf' can be successful in completing certain DCMs, and putting the hurt on enemy bases and players (depending on how they are equipped), but a squad of players with complimentary weapon + gadget load-outs, or vehicles, that works together in a coordinated fashion will steam-roll a more fragmented opposition. For players who enjoy first-person action with a healthy dose of team-work and tactics, I cannot recommend this title highly enough -- especially during a time when it seems every mainstream release is trying desperately to emulate Call of Duty. I have only scratched the surface of what this game offers, and at 1200msp, it's an absolute steal for anyone who even *thinks* that they might enjoy something like this.
  35. Apr 21, 2011
    With many positive reviews, I decided to drop $15. This is also after considering the fact the first game had a near non-existent community on the 360. I do not know how long the PC or PS3 communities lasted, but the forums were never a good indicator since the forums were more alive than the servers. There were many internal conflicts, especially on the PC side. Moving on...

The campaign

The campaign is bad. Just bad. Voice acting, story, character development, all of it. There is some nice objective variety throughout the missions, the cutscenes can sometimes be cool, but that's it. The enemy AI is stupid, worthless, and makes Crysis 2's buggy AI look like deities, and simply heaven when they work. For a squad oriented game, you can't tell allied AI what to do like in Gears of War, and you can't rely on them to help you beyond attracting bullets while you regen. There are major difficulty spikes that make the game stupidly frustrating rather than challenging, especially midtier enemies that take well over 60-80 bullets to put down compared to grunts in 15-30. God help you when the midtier engineers can repair each other constantly while you try to whittle them down. It is just plain, bad, frustrating game design. I do not recall any smart uses of their jetpack or being incredibly mobile like what basic players can do in Halo Reach. I'll just end this and say that the campaign is a frustrating, poorly designed experience, and should not be something to look forward to by any fans of fpses. No one should have to endure this crap.

Guns kill faster than they did in the 1st game, but this isn't COD or BF. More like Halo Reach with 2x the health, roughly. Players can modify armor stats in tiny increments with bonuses against certain types of damage. Guns have many options, like the machine gun has emp ammo which rips shields and fails on armor, or incendiary ammo that does the opposite with burning damage. Then there are crash rounds to chew through vehicles better, but do poorly on infantry. However, all of the guns donâ
  36. Apr 21, 2011
    not a bad game just very average nothing stand out cool about it to be honest you will play it for 2 hours and be like over it on to the next one,but hey if your really board check it out,maybe my standards are too high
  37. Apr 21, 2011

1. CD-Action
    Jul 1, 2011
    The first word that comes to my mind when I think of Prejudice is 'solid'. Every element of this game was executed at least well (the Swarm mode, audio and graphics) and some of them really stand out (like the Conquest mode and Dynamic Combat Missions). [June 2011, p.60]
  2. Jul 1, 2011
    Section 8: Prejudice is a worthy title for online shooter fans but won't really hold many players over with its single player campaign.
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK