• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Mar 14, 2012
  • Also On: PC
7.1

1. Jan 25, 2014
    Shoot Many Robots is a side scrolling shoot-em-up that is quite fun to play with friends despite not doing anything particularly new. Waves of enemies (in this case, as the title suggests, various types or robots) are thrown at the player as they travel from left to right. Although the levels themselves lack any real sort of variety there is a decent selection of enemy types, many of which require different tactics to defeat, making for a fast paced game that requires a little more than just pointing a weapon and holding the fire button.

On the completion of each mission the player is awarded nuts and bolts which can be spent to upgrade weapons and equipment and there is certainly a far selection to choose from. Unfortunately it is here that the game lets itself down slightly as, in order to purchase items powerful enough for the more difficult missions, you either need constantly replay missions and level grind or spend real money. Although it is not essential to do so the game is certainly designed in order to push people into spending their money (something I completely refuse to do!) and as a result I did eventually give up before completing it.

At its cheap price Shoot Many Robots is worth giving a go if you have a few like minded mates to play with, just don't expect to be playing it for much more than few weeks.
  2. Jan 1, 2014
    As soon as you start the game and reach the main menu you are greeted by what I can only describe as the funkiest country/blues riff I have heard for a while. Personally for me this is a very good start and admittedly I probably spent far too long sat there listening to it. Anyway, enough with the menus, lets talk gameplay! I started the main single player game and was immediately thrown into the shoes of our alcoholic, robot killing, redneck protagonist, brilliant named P. Walter Tugnut (which is so much fun to say!). You then have the mandatory tutorial to work through, this I understand but unfortunately in an attempt to make the game accessible to all level of gamers this came off as borderline insulting with how easy it was, thankfully it doesn’t last for long and as soon as you finish you are immediately thrown straight into the fray big time. You are left to put your newly learnt skills to the test when waves of robots start coming for you; it’s definitely a nice little taste of what’s to come and it really does make it clear as to why the game is called what it is…

Shoot Many Robots 03With the corpses of what feels like a thousand robots in your wake you are then introduced to the main hub of the game, your home between levels, your R.V. (or Roving Robot Murder Machine as the game calls it). This consists of two menus to go between; The toilet, this is where you can update and buy weapons and clothing to kill things in more flamboyant (and fabulous) fashion, and the main map, this is where you can choose to either move to the next level or revisit previous ones, the map is broken down into 3 different areas which reflect the difficulties. You start in “Robot Country” which is the normal difficulty, “Mega Chatarra” is the hard and “Mt.Rossum” is the insane difficulty. You unlock stars at the end of every level and you need to earn a certain amount of stars to unlock new levels so obviously you’re stuck in Robot Country for a while (Plus the first level is called “Happy Nut Road” which honestly just makes me smile!)

Full Review: http://idiotbox.co.uk/shoot-many-robots-review/
  3. Apr 13, 2012
    While this game doesn't have the same addictive factor as games such as Dungeon Defenders or Torchlight Solo play gets a bit stale quickly though. Nevertheless it's still a worthy addition for a few hours of mindless fun provided you sit through it with friends. Add Funatikz on PSN for trophy boosting on PS3 :D
  4. Mar 28, 2012
    Fun to play with friends, like the graphics style and love the sense of humor. Tons of options for outfitting your character. Well worth the investment!
  5. Mar 19, 2012
    Had a good time with this game, tons of fun to play with my friends, a little short on stuff to do after a while but I got my moneys worth and then some.
  6. Mar 19, 2012
    Most likely the worst game of all time. A very boring game, with absoulely no replay value. AMY the game is better then this turd. IGN is 100% right with there review. THis is NOT NOT NOT worth 9.99!
  7. Mar 18, 2012
    A solid game overall, but more than a little monotonous. Besides introducing a few new enemies as the game progresses, nothing ever really changes. Still worth if if you've got a few friends with it though.
  8. Mar 16, 2012
    "Shoot Many Robots" is a side-scrolling shooter, with cell-shading graphics, using cartoon-style graphics (funny), with effect in 2.5 D (despite being 2D, the action elements have depth and 3D features). You control a redneck, heavily armed, facing endless robots that have invaded the Earth, in scenarios reminiscent of the "Mad Max" future.

You use a primary (with infinite ammunition), a
    secondary weapon (limited ammunition, and more powerful), and melee blows in a frenetic action, with multiple enemies attacking at once, as your progresses in the stages, with a style reminiscent of Metal Slug (the developer company says the game is a mixture of "Borderlands meets Metal Slug").

The graphic highlights is on behalf of the scenarios, that I found interesting: however, the design of the characters is somewhat badly done (especially in close-up), and the enemies too, mainly because they are very simple and very similar to each other in design.

The sounds and music fit together, but I find them only average... the music repeats all the time, the sounds are generic and the voices are annoying voices.

The controls are easy, but I did not like the aiming, you point pressing the LT, but is pretty bad because it does not target always where you want, and to shoot, that to have to stay in place (no running and shooting). In the gameplay you jump over many obstacles, and slide across the floor going against wave after wave of enemies, with some sub-bosses and Bosses in the stage end.

The game have also shops, where you can buy upgrades and different weapons, besides items that allow you to have different skills: at this point the game takes a bit of inspiration from other RPG games of action and shooting, as Borderlands that was previously mentioned (besides borrowing from the game the theme and graphics style, of course).

In addition, the game has the characteristic of Coop Online for up to four people simultaneously (which I didn't played yet), said to be the best part of the game.

I didn't think the game is so good (still it's above average), the graphics have many movement glitches, the handling and the gameplay, are not innovative and functional. The game is fun, for a while, and have some interesting characteristics, but it's not one of the best, becoming repetitive soon: my score is 6,8 / 10,0.
  9. Mar 15, 2012
    Shoot Many Robots, addictive game, funny, is an incredible sorprise, is fantastic the gameplay is really amazing, the graphics are cool, the music it's okay, the controls are some regular, but I love this game, is one of the most funny titles that I can paly on Xbox Live Arcade, a great option.
  10. Mar 19, 2012

An enjoyable shooter with hidden depth. [June 2012, p.103]
  2. May 14, 2012
    Inoffensive and competent, but not exceptional. [June 2012, p.67]
    These robots could sure use a little extra life injected into them. [Issue#84, p.104]