7.6

1. Jun 14, 2011
    This is a great game. It may take its ques from Bioshock, and be your traditional first person shooter, but believe me, its worth playing. The story my sound corny, and honestly, it is a little, but while you are playing it, you will have great fun.
  2. Dec 15, 2010
    While NOT for Everyone, Singularity is a Great Title! Having Only enjoyed the SP so far I Can vouch for that portion being a Fun, Well made Sci-Fi Action FPS! If you are a fan of these types of games, Pick it up. You will NOT be disappointed!
  3. Nov 29, 2013
    HIGHLY underrated game to start with.
    And yes, sure i can admit that Singularity borrows alot from previous FPS games. There's a touch of HL2, Bioshock and Prey but they mix it all together and leaving it to be a fantastic candymix.
    The story is innovative and impressive. Its very free-spirit. Its not very often i really care about a story but you really gets sucked into it.
    HIGHLY underrated game to start with.

Highlight of this game is the gameplay. So far the best FPS game i've ever played. And it knocks HL2.
    (inb4 fanbase rage)

You can alter time, use portals and do alot of fancy stuff, wont spoiler much but i'll be suprised if you wont be having a blast.

The enemy AI is also one of the highlights here, they are actually very intelligent and impressive.
    Its not often you see a good AI these days.

Cons on this game is mostly the subtitles. You have no subtitles in the game and its very frustrating at the time since they are speaking russian-english and you wont be understand until you raise the volume.

And i wish the weapons upgrade would be more intrestng. You can also increase your clip, damage and reload. Which is effective but kinda boring.

It's sad that Singularity received so bad critics. I saw that it got a 9 on Gamereactor Sweden and i bought a used copy and im really happy i did it too. Replay value is high and the gameplay is just wow.
  4. Sep 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Singularity is one of the best First Person Shooting game I have ever played!!! It does not lack constant combat like I have seen in a few games. So far with what I have played every five minutes there is another combat section, plus it has a few parts that actually freak you out. Its stunning combat switches from gun fights with the Russian Spetsnaz and back to the mutated Russian scientists that used to inhabit Katorga-12. The first game I have ever played that incorporates time manipulation with sniper rifles, the fact that I can aim and click a button to slow down time so it's easier to shoot enemies. Even those people like me who are so good at sniping on most games that we don't need it, it still comes in handy when enemies take a run for cover. I love using the TMD (Time Manipulation Device) almost constantly. There isn't a time when I'm not making soldiers die of old age or slowing down mutants, plus it replaces your melee with such an amazing advancement. The different guns are nice all though I have not seen much variety yet in guns but what they lack (as I have seen as of yet) They make up with the option to upgrade your weapons. Its countless "areas of scare" when it comes to mutants are amazing, but don't let them get to close. I give it a ten with what this game has shown me so far! Expand

1. A frenetic and fun title that is held short of true greatness by a lack of imagination in places, with a story that is only so-so and a multiplayer that needs a few more modes (and players) to be truly satisfying.
  2. Singularity is the very definition of average, and the lack of subtitles knocks it just below. It is the gaming equivalent of white rice, the Ford Focus, and black coffee. Its taste is decidedly bland, but it'll do its job.
  3. You'll get the average eight to twelve hours of single player depending on the difficulty, but it does drag on as the pacing just seems very off.