Singularity Xbox 360

7.7

1. May 11, 2012
    Great game. Interesting story, guns, and scifi equipment. A must play for fps fans. My only complaint is it is a little to easy. Further along the weapons kill everything quickly leading to a run and gun style instead of having to actually find a way to overcome the enemies.
  2. Nov 21, 2012
    This game was great. Especially for $8.99. It may rip off BioShock a bit, but BioShock is awesome and I always wanted more. Its definitely more than just the standard FPS, which is great because there's too many of those nowadays. If you want COD clone, get COD. If you want to play something that's actually a little different give this a try.
  3. Sep 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Singularity is one of the best First Person Shooting game I have ever played!!! It does not lack constant combat like I have seen in a few games. So far with what I have played every five minutes there is another combat section, plus it has a few parts that actually freak you out. Its stunning combat switches from gun fights with the Russian Spetsnaz and back to the mutated Russian scientists that used to inhabit Katorga-12. The first game I have ever played that incorporates time manipulation with sniper rifles, the fact that I can aim and click a button to slow down time so it's easier to shoot enemies. Even those people like me who are so good at sniping on most games that we don't need it, it still comes in handy when enemies take a run for cover. I love using the TMD (Time Manipulation Device) almost constantly. There isn't a time when I'm not making soldiers die of old age or slowing down mutants, plus it replaces your melee with such an amazing advancement. The different guns are nice all though I have not seen much variety yet in guns but what they lack (as I have seen as of yet) They make up with the option to upgrade your weapons. Its countless "areas of scare" when it comes to mutants are amazing, but don't let them get to close. I give it a ten with what this game has shown me so far! Expand
  4. Aug 14, 2014
    Enjoyable and fantastical...Not frustratingly difficult but enough to make you sit up straight...For those of us who like shooters...its a good satisfying romp...
  5. Jun 14, 2011
    This is a great game. It may take its ques from Bioshock, and be your traditional first person shooter, but believe me, its worth playing. The story my sound corny, and honestly, it is a little, but while you are playing it, you will have great fun.
  6. Nov 29, 2013
    HIGHLY underrated game to start with.
    And yes, sure i can admit that Singularity borrows alot from previous FPS games. There's a touch of HL2, Bioshock and Prey but they mix it all together and leaving it to be a fantastic candymix.
    The story is innovative and impressive. Its very free-spirit. Its not very often i really care about a story but you really gets sucked into it.
    HIGHLY underrated game to start with.

Highlight of this game is the gameplay. So far the best FPS game i've ever played. And it knocks HL2.
    (inb4 fanbase rage)

You can alter time, use portals and do alot of fancy stuff, wont spoiler much but i'll be suprised if you wont be having a blast.

The enemy AI is also one of the highlights here, they are actually very intelligent and impressive.
    Its not often you see a good AI these days.

Cons on this game is mostly the subtitles. You have no subtitles in the game and its very frustrating at the time since they are speaking russian-english and you wont be understand until you raise the volume.

And i wish the weapons upgrade would be more intrestng. You can also increase your clip, damage and reload. Which is effective but kinda boring.

It's sad that Singularity received so bad critics. I saw that it got a 9 on Gamereactor Sweden and i bought a used copy and im really happy i did it too. Replay value is high and the gameplay is just wow.
  7. Aug 20, 2010
    Let me get this out of the way straight away: Don't expect a revolutionary new shooter that completely redefines the genre. What you instead find with Singularity is a finely tuned and well thought out shooter that innovates on certain existing aspects of most games. For example, all of the guns to be found are also commonly found in most other shooters, but they all have a unique twist inLet me get this out of the way straight away: Don't expect a revolutionary new shooter that completely redefines the genre. What you instead find with Singularity is a finely tuned and well thought out shooter that innovates on certain existing aspects of most games. For example, all of the guns to be found are also commonly found in most other shooters, but they all have a unique twist in Singularity: The grenades from the grenade launcher can be manually rolled around on the floor for those hard to reach enemies; one rifle allows cool bullet control (like in wanted). The same goes for the time-altering abilities: all are fresh and satisfying. Gun-play does feel a little spongy and soft, but nothing too serious. Enemies are a little dim, but do provide intelligent enough encounters. Bosses are somewhat lacklustre. Even though I may point out some negatives here, one must realise that this game shines as a package, where the sum of its parts come together. Plus the story is very interesting and worthwhile, and will keep you coming back until the end. I can highly recommend this, especially as a second hand game. Seriously, give this game a shot - it may just surprise you. Expand
  8. Aug 23, 2011
    Multiplayer that might as well not exist and a slightly short campaign never stops Singularity from being the most underrated shooter of the year. When the room suddenly jumps back to the past and everything morphs around you, you will know where your money went, truly amazing.
  9. Dec 15, 2010
    While NOT for Everyone, Singularity is a Great Title! Having Only enjoyed the SP so far I Can vouch for that portion being a Fun, Well made Sci-Fi Action FPS! If you are a fan of these types of games, Pick it up. You will NOT be disappointed!
  10. Sep 12, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A cross between the abandoned ruins/distopian Bioshock and the killing mutants/limited resources of Dead Space, this game is decent, but not outstanding. A few ticks, (like not refilling your ammo and health kits after a boss battle, then immediately dropping you down a hole full of exploding insects) make the game annoying at times, but this is the first time in a while that I couldn't kill everything with just an assault rifle and good aim, which is a major plus. Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. Expand
  11. Jan 16, 2011
    Singularity is a very fun game in the Bioshock mould. It delivers some real surprises and, once you get the Time Manipulation Device and some of the more powerful weapons, can be a scream to play.

There are some frustrating bits to the game: while in the most part the checkpoints are placed well, not all of them are, and you can find yourself cursing the game when you end up having to fight a vast number of enemies with limited weapons or health because you can't go back to an earlier part of the game to get more. And some of the checkpoints could be more sympathetically placed so you wouldn't have to redo sections of an area just because you got jumped by a horde of enemies.

But these are minor niggles in a game that delivers a great story.

I don't play multiplayer, so this review is based on the single player experience only.
  12. Apr 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a real pity that this game has mostly gone unnoticed and unappreciated. It's a very good game in my opinion. Enjoyed every minute of it and I will most definitely play through it again. Firstly and most importantly, the game plays great. End of story. As a FPS it's spot-on and I also love the look and feel of the game. Great stuff indeed. Great single player campaign. I'm not interested in multi-player in the very least so I couldn't give a rat's ass about it. If you're into FPS like Bioshock and Borderlands, get it, it's well worth it. Expand
  13. May 23, 2012
    I think this game is really underrated, it combines very much games in it and uses there ideas to give you a really awesome game. The gameplay delivers much fun and the controls are really smooth. The story is cool and the graphics are great. Most weapons are known but the abilities are really interesting and surprised me as well as the plot. You should try it.
  14. Jun 11, 2016
    A very underrated game that does borrow from the best in class including Half Life, BioShock, even Resident Evil and Prey but does so with some additions of its own, mainly time manipulation. The result is a really solid shooter with a unique story.

Graphics: Well done for 2010 Sound: Excellent sound and sound effects. Soundtrack: Immersive and well paced and not overwhelming,

Graphics: Well done for 2010

Sound: Excellent sound and sound effects.

Soundtrack: Immersive and well paced and not overwhelming, perhaps a bit too understated at times.

Voice: Well acted throughout, but not incredible.

Game Play: Excellent game play with some unique weapons and very good shooting mechanics and the Time Manipulation Device (TMD) is really interesting to use. There are some puzzles but not terribly difficult or complex.

If you enjoy narrative shooters this is a definite purchase and if you are on the fence I would urge you to borrow or rent it as its worth playing.

1. A frenetic and fun title that is held short of true greatness by a lack of imagination in places, with a story that is only so-so and a multiplayer that needs a few more modes (and players) to be truly satisfying.
  2. Singularity is the very definition of average, and the lack of subtitles knocks it just below. It is the gaming equivalent of white rice, the Ford Focus, and black coffee. Its taste is decidedly bland, but it'll do its job.
  3. You'll get the average eight to twelve hours of single player depending on the difficulty, but it does drag on as the pacing just seems very off.