8.0

1. Oct 10, 2010
    Love it. The game play is epic. The fact the it's easy to get use to is good. I like that you can unlock nasty hall of meat spots and after you complete a set of challenges like the Danny Way Challenges you unlock a bunch of spots. Overall I would give this game a 10/10
  2. Mar 19, 2012
    The best game in the series; Skate offered a fresh and original alternative to the Tony Hawk franchise, and Skate 2 is the game that put the final nail in Activision's dying series. Literally double the amount of tricks of its predecessor, a finetuned flickit system and the ability to get off your board and move objects around are just a few of the dozens of improvements found in Skate 2. There are a few niggling problems; the storyline is pretty underdeveloped and there are quite a few bugs (especially when walking around off-board) but overall this is simply put the most realistic skateboarding game of all time. Expand
  3. Aug 24, 2010
    I liked it at first but then when I played it more, it got frustrating and boring. Disappointed with this game. It just wasn't getting me to play more.
  4. Jan 17, 2012
    Repetitive, Frustrating, Trial and Error. If you like skating, then its the game for you, but for those who have no interest of the sport, give it a rent. 7.1/10. Graphics are alright, skate back in '06 was great, while skate 2 feels almost identical.
  5. Oct 19, 2013
    I used to play Tony Hawk games back in the day and had tons of fun. Recently I decided to branch out back into the skateboard genre with Skate 2. I didn't really enjoy this game and never finished it. It was slightly fun for a little bit, but the controls are a little difficult to grasp for me. I might be a noob when it comes to skating games, but I just really sucked at this one. It quickly became stale and I didn't go back. Expand
  6. Feb 2, 2014
    An atmospherical game with controls that start off by feeling horrid, but when you learn them, the controls are fun, slick, and just all around great. Customization is lengthy, challenges are not too hard and not too easy. Overall a good game. I'd recommend it if you liked the first.

1. Black Box’s sequel ultimately struggles to offer any single compelling justification for its own existence. [Feb 2009, p.93]
  2. Skate 2 is sport entertainment as good as the first one, and in many aspects even better. Great graphics, awesome campaign mode and an interesting multiplayer are among its highlights. We were intrigued about how the franchise would evolve after its overwhelming first entry, and the final result has not disappointed us.
  3. A brilliant game. For the most part it takes the brilliant template laid down in the original and injects it with a smartly integrated new move-set, an exciting world to rip to shreds, and the same addictive, unquestionably stylish gameplay which saw the Tony Hawk series bolt for the hills.