7.9

1. MaxL
    Feb 11, 2009
    Hated it at first. Now, I am really starting to enjoy it. Features I just can't stand: replay editor is confusing and not good for quick replays anymore, it's more of a full-featured editor and changing camera angles is annoying. Walking/running is awkward and slow and the character can't even climb ledges. Besides that, I love how you can bail any time and do crazy odd Hated it at first. Now, I am really starting to enjoy it. Features I just can't stand: replay editor is confusing and not good for quick replays anymore, it's more of a full-featured editor and changing camera angles is annoying. Walking/running is awkward and slow and the character can't even climb ledges. Besides that, I love how you can bail any time and do crazy odd things that I love about games (think GTA San Andreas with skateboarding and no murder). Expand
  2. superbgamebutyoumaynotlikeitsorentfirst
    Jul 26, 2009
    FIrst thing i must say is that i LOVE the gameplay. I haven't spoken to anyone who agrees with me on that point but if you want to create those moments you see on youtube which skaters do, this is perfect.
    The replay editor, in which you can edit your movements of the last 30 seconds into a stylish personal film, is surprisingly rewarding and simply a wonderful addition.
    However

However I must say i think the story is terrible. I won't go into what it is but it isn't worth the effort. The pedestrians who seem do take time out of their lives to go into your skating path get very annoying, as does the traffic for simply being there.
    Don't be deterred though because the gameplay alone is so sweet none of this matters. RENT FIRST though because it is an ACQUIRED TASTE and you dont want to waste money!
  3. Oct 10, 2010
    Love it. The game play is epic. The fact the it's easy to get use to is good. I like that you can unlock nasty hall of meat spots and after you complete a set of challenges like the Danny Way Challenges you unlock a bunch of spots. Overall I would give this game a 10/10
  4. Mar 19, 2012
    The best game in the series; Skate offered a fresh and original alternative to the Tony Hawk franchise, and Skate 2 is the game that put the final nail in Activision's dying series. Literally double the amount of tricks of its predecessor, a finetuned flickit system and the ability to get off your board and move objects around are just a few of the dozens of improvements found in Skate 2.The best game in the series; Skate offered a fresh and original alternative to the Tony Hawk franchise, and Skate 2 is the game that put the final nail in Activision's dying series. Literally double the amount of tricks of its predecessor, a finetuned flickit system and the ability to get off your board and move objects around are just a few of the dozens of improvements found in Skate 2. There are a few niggling problems; the storyline is pretty underdeveloped and there are quite a few bugs (especially when walking around off-board) but overall this is simply put the most realistic skateboarding game of all time. Expand
  5. HagenM
    Feb 3, 2009
    Disappointment. This game is bad in just about every sense of gameplay aesthetics. Wonky controls, horrible camera, shotty frame-rate, horrible level design, poor online modes, and the fact that the game just does not work. You can do some complicated flick only to have your skater perform a shuv-it. Grinding can be nearly immposible because the camera is so low to the ground that you Disappointment. This game is bad in just about every sense of gameplay aesthetics. Wonky controls, horrible camera, shotty frame-rate, horrible level design, poor online modes, and the fact that the game just does not work. You can do some complicated flick only to have your skater perform a shuv-it. Grinding can be nearly immposible because the camera is so low to the ground that you have little depth perception. The challenges are retared, also. Racing, which is the worst, is downright bad. The camera, again, limits your turning, and your sight of oncoming cars, pedestrians, and other skaters. I really wanted to like Skate.. I really wanted to like Skate 2. However, both of these gamesa re garbage, and the fact that people buy and cream over these games just means that EA will do nothing to fix such huge issues and put out the same crap next year. Expand
  6. NathanD
    Jul 17, 2009
    All I'm going to say is this, the game has crappy challenges which some are glitchy with no button registration and glitches through moveable ramps that prohibit from moving on, its a pain and this game is sorely a fucking miss compared to the first skate.
  7. Aug 24, 2010
    I liked it at first but then when I played it more, it got frustrating and boring. Disappointed with this game. It just wasn't getting me to play more.
  8. DickChaney
    Jan 23, 2009
    "Overall the development team should be commended for making another excellent skating title. Everything runs really smoothly and it seems to have come together really well. The new features add on to what was already a fun experience with the original. "

or..... EA can just lay them all off.... Good call.
  9. Jan 17, 2012
    Repetitive, Frustrating, Trial and Error. If you like skating, then its the game for you, but for those who have no interest of the sport, give it a rent. 7.1/10. Graphics are alright, skate back in '06 was great, while skate 2 feels almost identical.
  10. Oct 19, 2013
    I used to play Tony Hawk games back in the day and had tons of fun. Recently I decided to branch out back into the skateboard genre with Skate 2. I didn't really enjoy this game and never finished it. It was slightly fun for a little bit, but the controls are a little difficult to grasp for me. I might be a noob when it comes to skating games, but I just really sucked at this one. ItI used to play Tony Hawk games back in the day and had tons of fun. Recently I decided to branch out back into the skateboard genre with Skate 2. I didn't really enjoy this game and never finished it. It was slightly fun for a little bit, but the controls are a little difficult to grasp for me. I might be a noob when it comes to skating games, but I just really sucked at this one. It quickly became stale and I didn't go back. Expand
  11. Apr 24, 2014
    Not a lot to say about this really, it's a skating game does what it says on the tin. The controls are excellent and pulling off tricks is really satisfying but some of the more complex moves can be frustrating to master but that's what skating is like. There is enough fun to be had in this game with the sandbox and ability to Ollie keeping you entertained for years without having toNot a lot to say about this really, it's a skating game does what it says on the tin. The controls are excellent and pulling off tricks is really satisfying but some of the more complex moves can be frustrating to master but that's what skating is like. There is enough fun to be had in this game with the sandbox and ability to Ollie keeping you entertained for years without having to master all the tricks and you can have just as much fun ignoring the challenges and maybe even making up your own. This is a game for skaters, fans of the old tony hawk games and fans of the skate and destroy game for PS1. Expand
  12. Feb 2, 2014
    An atmospherical game with controls that start off by feeling horrid, but when you learn them, the controls are fun, slick, and just all around great. Customization is lengthy, challenges are not too hard and not too easy. Overall a good game. I'd recommend it if you liked the first.

1. Black Box’s sequel ultimately struggles to offer any single compelling justification for its own existence. [Feb 2009, p.93]
  2. Skate 2 is sport entertainment as good as the first one, and in many aspects even better. Great graphics, awesome campaign mode and an interesting multiplayer are among its highlights. We were intrigued about how the franchise would evolve after its overwhelming first entry, and the final result has not disappointed us.
  3. A brilliant game. For the most part it takes the brilliant template laid down in the original and injects it with a smartly integrated new move-set, an exciting world to rip to shreds, and the same addictive, unquestionably stylish gameplay which saw the Tony Hawk series bolt for the hills.