Skate Xbox 360

8.4

1. BryanMcCann
    Sep 24, 2007
    I can not stand this game. it is so stupid. to jump you have to go down then up. and it really is not just like skate bording. sorry but tony is way better. and I have not like a tony game since his early ps2 years.
  2. PeterP.
    Oct 1, 2007
    The single player mode of this game is absolutely terrible. They force you to do moves on command that you either have to be quite skilled in the game, or just lucky, to accomplish, as well as set arbitrary point requirements for many challenges. It's just frustrating, and not fun, and freeskate/multiplayer aren't quite enough to salvage it.
  3. NickD.
    Oct 19, 2007
    I like how everyone tries to compare this game to THPG. They are 2 totally separate games and most people suck at Tony Hawk games so Skate is their way out of playing Tony Hawk games. This game is for the people who can't or don't know how to hold a combo on a Tony Hawk game.
  4. RJ
    Dec 14, 2007
    Uhh!! How can you people stand this game? It's a good gamebut the view ruins it. Every second when I speed up I get this foot in front of my screen!! Also, you're riding along then all of a sudden you hit this car you don't see! I gave it a 6 because it has a great storyline, good graphics, and lots of realism. The view just ruins the game though.
  5. Jan 22, 2011
    Repetitive, annoying dross, doesn't compare to the decent TH games by a long way. If you like repeating the same move over and over again until the game decides you've done it enough and lets you move on to the next bit where you repeat some more then you will like this, otherwise avoid.
  6. JD
    Oct 13, 2007
    Hey its cool man if u dont like it it probly cus u suck in games like this and suck at skating for reals putting all that aside for EAs first attempt at this type of game I think they did a pretty good job there next attempt will fill in the gray areas which isnt anything to complain about 4 me its all about entertainment and its got some. This makes TH look like a cartoon if u everHey its cool man if u dont like it it probly cus u suck in games like this and suck at skating for reals putting all that aside for EAs first attempt at this type of game I think they did a pretty good job there next attempt will fill in the gray areas which isnt anything to complain about 4 me its all about entertainment and its got some. This makes TH look like a cartoon if u ever really skated u know it takes alot of practice to do even a heel flip 4 the first time. This game takes u back there. Expand
  7. LiboWang
    Oct 24, 2007
    I give it a 10 to counter the comment below, skate tricks are much more intuitive and yet challenging than Tony Hawk. All my buddies that loved tony hawk and skated enjoy EA Skate so much more.
    [Nick D.] argues that Skate is easier/simpler.... I can't be sure but I suppose Nick has here never skated for real before. Even the ollie or the way you manual in Skate is a lot more intuitive and sensitive(to failure) and takes much more mastery than just pressing specified buttons in certain combinations.

You will never have the same feeling playing a video game and when you are skating, but "Skate" shortened that distance more than tony hawk ever did. After more than 5 (correct me if I'm wrong) Tony Hawk games, I think most people are sick of the crazy fly off 3 story building 5-0 onto handrail. If you are 12 (about how old I was when I got into Tony Hawk) then the insanity of the THPS tricks will awe you, if you are over it, then Skate is the right direction to go.
  8. BenF.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Pedro 'M' u n00b u say no-one who says gud comments shows they're surname but u also hide urs u nub cake. this game is brilliant, and much more realistic than tony haks could ever be. no more pressing one button to jump, grind and then land effortlessly. i bet u haven't even played it more than 5 seconds u n00b
  9. AuggieAnno
    Feb 27, 2008
    skate. was the best skateboarding game in a very long time. This game makes Tony Hawk's more recent games look like garbage. I overlooked the glitches and graphics considering the face that it was still the best in a long time. VERY realistic compared to any skating game i have EVER played. This is the best skateboarding title out there.
  10. EricHill
    Apr 13, 2008
    I bought it because my friend had it from the moment i did my first ollie on it i loved the game. It's so much better than TH games because you have to have "thumb skill" as me and my friends call it. In this game you have to angle yourself to the rail and get good timing, where in TH you press A then Y to grind a rail when you can be far away from it. Also the visuals are amazing!I bought it because my friend had it from the moment i did my first ollie on it i loved the game. It's so much better than TH games because you have to have "thumb skill" as me and my friends call it. In this game you have to angle yourself to the rail and get good timing, where in TH you press A then Y to grind a rail when you can be far away from it. Also the visuals are amazing! EA really did a good job whatever they did to graphic this game. Many people also say the camera angle bothers them, but I got used to it so I have nooo idea what they're talking about. The only problem I have are some of the challenges, especially DEATH RACES, are very hard. But I got over that and completed them after some time and got a GREAT feeling of accomplishment. For the regular Xbox 360 game price of about $59.99, it is practicly a steal for its replay value, challenges, freeskate, and realism. Oh, and there is no loading if you travel between towns on board. The only loading is the startup character selection and if you take the transit map to an area. Expand
  11. MacF
    Jan 3, 2009
    I was hyped for this more than Halo 3. I think that I was correct, but you can't compare different genres. Since Tony Hawk is the only game that you can compare it to, I say that it beats it by far. But I can't say that Tony Hawk was bad, it just did well in it's time. skate. brings the most real game ever to grace gaming. It isn't realistic, it's a video game,I was hyped for this more than Halo 3. I think that I was correct, but you can't compare different genres. Since Tony Hawk is the only game that you can compare it to, I say that it beats it by far. But I can't say that Tony Hawk was bad, it just did well in it's time. skate. brings the most real game ever to grace gaming. It isn't realistic, it's a video game, sure, but it definitely captures the flow and feel of skateboarding, the sense of achievement, even of the simplest things. While there are flaws in the game sure, simple things like walking and tricks, trying to discern one trick from another. But these are easily overcome. In skate boarding, it takes practice and even natural gift to kickflip, just for that first time, and then years to do it almost at will. I played the demo a lot, and it soon became second nature (on a gaming level) to do each trick. Then finally doing the grinds and big jumps, it takes more practice, and amusment, because come on! The stacks are the best in gaming history!

How some of these people that are rating the game low, I don't know. I have reason to belive that it's fan boy, or that they hate a lot of EA games, so they assume that skate. is a bad game. I don't know. skate. wasn't about beating the current leader, it was about making a different game, they did what they wanted for a skating game (And I played THPS2 through THPS4, [i]Nick[/i], I know how to hold a combo, and I definitely prefer this). Skate 2 is addressing many of the obvious questions and expanding everything. Tons of new tricks, some I don't know how they managed to figure out how to do (pogo hops for starters) all done in a physically realistic world. People, when you beome a hater, you better have damn good reason for it, and the info to back it up, or some bloody manners.
  12. AarinP.
    Sep 3, 2007
    With the innovative "Flick-It' control system, Skate goes beyond the button mashing, flip-grind-manual & repeat, skateboarding games, by making the player feel like they are controlling the board themselves. Skate feels like you are taking part in an actual skate video as you try to bust tricks, not only for points but for your visual satisfaction. As a skater myself, it would have With the innovative "Flick-It' control system, Skate goes beyond the button mashing, flip-grind-manual & repeat, skateboarding games, by making the player feel like they are controlling the board themselves. Skate feels like you are taking part in an actual skate video as you try to bust tricks, not only for points but for your visual satisfaction. As a skater myself, it would have been nice if addition tricks such as darkslides and Rodney Mullen-type flatland tricks were incorporated, however Skate does offer countless hours of trying to master a triple-flip over a 20 stair or switch big flip to blunt slide, late flip out. Peace Expand
  13. MattR.
    Sep 5, 2007
    This is an awesome game with incredibly good controls. Now there's finally a skateboarding game that actually feels like skateboarding.
  14. FredD.
    Sep 7, 2007
    If you're a board fanatic, this is the game for you!
  15. ChadE.
    Sep 12, 2007
    This game nails the sensation of skateboarding hands down. The fact that you have to actually master the analog controls also adds to the legitimacy of it's realistic intent. The camera is familiar to anyone who's involved in skateboarding and watches skate vids and adds even more credibility to the game. This is a must have title for a skater, anyone who appreciates the sport This game nails the sensation of skateboarding hands down. The fact that you have to actually master the analog controls also adds to the legitimacy of it's realistic intent. The camera is familiar to anyone who's involved in skateboarding and watches skate vids and adds even more credibility to the game. This is a must have title for a skater, anyone who appreciates the sport and anyone interested in a unique approach to the skateboarding genre. Expand
  16. A.N.
    Sep 13, 2007
    A completely fresh take on the skate board genre. This game is proof that EA is not just a giant monopoly, but a publisher willing to take a risk on an innovative, original franchise. Fine tuning in a sequel, like the addition of an editor, will hopefully make the game even better and more well rounded.
  17. RodS.
    Sep 13, 2007
    This game is the most realistic depiction of skateboarding out there. Tony Hawk was great for the past several years, but the lack of realism just made it less and less fun to play. Skate's gameplay is not a cartoon version of skating and the gaming public is all the better for it.
  18. Matt
    Sep 15, 2007
    Great. A very solid skating game. Blows tony hawk away.
  19. JeffV.
    Sep 16, 2007
    Being a recreational skateboarder and an avid tony hawk fan (particularly TH3 and TH4) I found skate to be very engaging and well paced. It is not arcade action, however, it gives you the same feeling of wandering around some urban city, or coming up to a park for the first time, and going "whoa, I wonder if I could do those steps or that gap". You just ride right up and try it. The Being a recreational skateboarder and an avid tony hawk fan (particularly TH3 and TH4) I found skate to be very engaging and well paced. It is not arcade action, however, it gives you the same feeling of wandering around some urban city, or coming up to a park for the first time, and going "whoa, I wonder if I could do those steps or that gap". You just ride right up and try it. The controls are new, and take some learning, but feel very natural in the end and not limiting. If you are into skate games you must by this. Expand
  20. BrentA.
    Sep 16, 2007
    I picked up this game on the release date and overall this is an excellent game. In my opinion it's the best extreme sports game ever made. I love how it controls and it seems very realistic. My only complaint is that it would be nice to be able to step off the board. Cause this can cause control problems at times in the game which can be frusterating.
  21. J.P.
    Sep 17, 2007
    This game is the fire! Huge world that's fun to explore, tons of spots to skate, excellent, innovative control, feels more like actually skateboarding vs. zooming around on a self propelled rocket board and grinding roller coasters and power lines...anyway, go buy it now! Online roxxers and is super addictive too btw.
  22. MikeL.
    Sep 17, 2007
    I love this game. Totally a fresh experience from the Tony Hawk series. And I love the Hawk series. I have played every one, but skate takes the skateboarding genre to a whole new level. The only reason I don't give it a 10 is because I think it's a little too easy...I understand its a game, but still it's a little easy to go through the challenges. But just skating around I love this game. Totally a fresh experience from the Tony Hawk series. And I love the Hawk series. I have played every one, but skate takes the skateboarding genre to a whole new level. The only reason I don't give it a 10 is because I think it's a little too easy...I understand its a game, but still it's a little easy to go through the challenges. But just skating around and messing around in the huge city is a total blast. Definitely buy this game! Expand
  23. JohnB.
    Sep 17, 2007
    I was simply blown away by this game in just about everywhere possible. I never thought I would like a SB game better than THPS. I am now a believer in Skate.. My only complaint is that it would have been great if they gave you the abilty to get off your board to walk to some of the harder to reach places. If they had that I would have given this a game a 10. Simply because it would have I was simply blown away by this game in just about everywhere possible. I never thought I would like a SB game better than THPS. I am now a believer in Skate.. My only complaint is that it would have been great if they gave you the abilty to get off your board to walk to some of the harder to reach places. If they had that I would have given this a game a 10. Simply because it would have been as close to perfection in the genre as possible imo. Expand
  24. NoahR
    Sep 18, 2007
    The environments are beautiful, the sound is great (with some truly amazing songs in the soundtrack) and the controls are nearly perfect. Coming up with new lines is one of the most fun challenges ever, and you will never run out of lines to try out.
  25. DrewN.
    Sep 19, 2007
    Steep learning curve leads to a satisfying skateboarding simulation. Easily the best skating game since THPS2 or Thrasher, possibly the best skating game ever.
  26. GD
    Sep 20, 2007
    Spot on. I can't imagine a better simlulation of skateboarding. This is probably the closest thing that non-skaters will get to feeling the thrill of grinding a rail or dropping into a half pipe. Several decades of skating behind me, I can honestly say that skaters will really appreciate this gem. Cheers, EA. I'm not a big fan, but you did something right.
  27. GastonH.
    Sep 20, 2007
    Revolionary tp the genre. Playing THawk next to this feels tired and stilted. The twin sticks work wonders and truly emulate skateboarding in comparison to the farce that other games have made out of skateboarding. On top of that, it looks gorgeous, the city is huge and there is a ton of things to do! EA is focusing on quality rather than on quantity this year it seems!
  28. JesseM.
    Sep 22, 2007
    A near perfetct skating experience with out all the trips to the hospital. Since I had given up skating years ago and given up playing tony hawk even more years ago, it is great to get back on the ol' plywood and sandpaper.
  29. EugeneD.
    Sep 23, 2007
    This game is amazing. It has definitely upped the bar for this genre. I love how actually nailing a nearly impossible trick feels like the greatest accomplishment. I give my respect to EA because it seems like every one of there games this year have been amazing. Tiger 08, Madden 08 just to name a few. Keep up the good work guyz.
  30. ChrisH.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Amazing game, the flickit system is awesome and after playing it for many many hours straight daily, im still finding new things

As a brand new IP, based on an idea that could have completely blown up in EA's face, skate is an amazingly complete experience. Those who choose to relax and skate leisurely -- looking for cool lines and taking on the occasional challenge -- will likely find the most enjoyment.
    Built around utterly convincing physics and animation systems and a unique control scheme that's equal parts challenge and reward, it manages to be realistic without being discouraging and feels completely different from not only the competition, but from anything else out there.
  3. These controls feel great, and they really need to since the game isn’t in the slightest bit forgiving. When you go for a grind, you won’t magically be transported onto the rail. You have to line it up and pray that you time your jump and adjoining trick correctly.