6.6

1. Mar 31, 2013
    Great fun for kids and parents! The portal with the characters you can put on it is an awesome idea. The graphics are simple but pretty cute and super smooth. The game play in the story mode is pretty cool and full of nice role playing elements
  2. Dec 27, 2012
    Skylanders Giants is a huge improvement over last years game. My favorite improvements come in the form of Multiple Difficulty Levels (last years game was too easy) and this also allows you to bump up the challenge for high level Skylanders. The second big improvement is the Story and videos that move the Story, last year's game had a relatively weak incohesive story. Also, the GraphicsSkylanders Giants is a huge improvement over last years game. My favorite improvements come in the form of Multiple Difficulty Levels (last years game was too easy) and this also allows you to bump up the challenge for high level Skylanders. The second big improvement is the Story and videos that move the Story, last year's game had a relatively weak incohesive story. Also, the Graphics are cleaner, Gamplay is far more active with more variety and challenge. Lots of cool new Skylanders (not cheap) but fun. If I am looking for flaws, there are a few survivable ones. Lack of 4 player, lack of splitscreen play and no real online modes are the most glaring weaknesses. Overall a great family game, don't come here lookoing for a harcore experience. Just wish I could get the kids not to play on Easy difficulty! Expand
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    A carbon-copy sequel, which should sell you over if you liked the original. But it suffers from the same problem; swapping outtoys needs a second or so of thinking you don't have. Not saying don't buy, but think hard.
  4. Oct 4, 2013
    what they should make it better it was just bad and I cant belive i wasted $50 on this game and it was on sale in Australia it should be $80 but I just hate it and I will be trading it and buy it for kids and its 2 same from the 1st
  5. Oct 11, 2013
    Fun, Good for family's. you have to fight Kaos and on the way there there are multiple challenges in your way and I think the adventures is great for children and not bloody at all. If you are looking for a good game to get this is a really good game to get for families.
  6. May 12, 2017
    "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure" was a massive commercial success, so being that it was distributed by Activision, we all knew that a sequel was imminent. Considering how they treated "Guitar Hero" and "Tony Hawk" throughout the 2000s, and are now treating "Call of Duty" and "Destiny," it didn't take rocket science to realize that this was going to become a regular series. And so,"Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure" was a massive commercial success, so being that it was distributed by Activision, we all knew that a sequel was imminent. Considering how they treated "Guitar Hero" and "Tony Hawk" throughout the 2000s, and are now treating "Call of Duty" and "Destiny," it didn't take rocket science to realize that this was going to become a regular series. And so, "Skylanders: Giants" came along and, surprisingly enough, became an improvement on its predecessor.
    Visually, "Giants" looks far better than "Spyro's Adventure," but beyond that, the new cast of characters is charming (just as the old ones were), and the fact that there aren't that many of them (16 completely new Skylanders) and that the game has a "Portal Owner's Pack" means your wallet won't get utterly destroyed like it did with "Spyro's Adventure." The game retains the fun platforming and RPG-like elements from the previous game, the level design is far better, and the gameplay is much more fast-paced and fun than "Spyro's Adventure." Toys For Bob really went the extra mile to make the game better and they succeeded.
    Well, they succeeded for the most part. Unfortunately, the game is still bogged down by the occasional bug, glitch, and sometimes freeze that you would get in "Spyro's Adventure." On top of that, the game is far shorter than before, so while the adventure is sweet, it doesn't last extremely long.
    Even so, "Skylanders: Giants" manages to improve greatly on its predecessor, and it's definitely a game you should check out.
    Final rating: 9 out of 10 "Awesome"
  7. Jun 4, 2014
    It's really fun, I would say sort of expensive to get the full 100% out of it, as that requires buying all the skylanders which is really expensive, but not necessary at all! If you simply want to go to all regions that would cost about, what? 50$? Not little I know, but it's worth it certainly, but you can beat the game itself by the starter pack, the rest are simply "DLC" you could callIt's really fun, I would say sort of expensive to get the full 100% out of it, as that requires buying all the skylanders which is really expensive, but not necessary at all! If you simply want to go to all regions that would cost about, what? 50$? Not little I know, but it's worth it certainly, but you can beat the game itself by the starter pack, the rest are simply "DLC" you could call them. It's loads of fun, the graphics remind me of the old Games, and the entire way of playing is highly enjoyable, IF you're wondering whether or not to buy it, I'll say go for it. Expand
  8. Oct 23, 2016
    Great fun with younger relatives, and an excellent 2nd instalment, retaining core mechanics yet drastically expanding on the first game. The ability to use your characters from the first is an excellent feature, but new figures are still annoyingly expensive.

1. Feb 11, 2013
    Skylanders: Giants remains every bit as satisfying to play as the original was, and in my house at least, it's still the game of choice when the family is in the mood to pass the controller around.
    There's a gentle magic in Giants' cunning formula, but it's a spell that collectible-minded gamers of all ages will find incredibly hard to resist.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK