5.3

1. Oct 4, 2013
    I like it but I never went back after the 2nd game so its ok so buy it for 4 year olds but not for older kids and in Australia the figures are not that detail
  2. Dec 2, 2013
    While Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure has a very interesting concept, it suffers from one big problem: the lack of originality. The story is very bland with almost no thought put into it, the gameplay is as unoriginal as it can get and the graphics, while not horrible, could be a lot better. The characters themselves are also quite bland in terms of concept, especially in the nameWhile Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure has a very interesting concept, it suffers from one big problem: the lack of originality. The story is very bland with almost no thought put into it, the gameplay is as unoriginal as it can get and the graphics, while not horrible, could be a lot better. The characters themselves are also quite bland in terms of concept, especially in the name department. The portal can also be quite unresponsive at times. The level design is okay for the most part. This isn't a bad game by any means, but nothing really stands out. Expand
  3. Feb 18, 2014
    Okay, let's try to be as unbiased as possible in this review. Spyro was my **** childhood, spyro was freakin awesome, he had fire and ice and lightning and wind, and he was a sarcastic smart aleck, so you could imagine a 7 year old boy looking up to him. That being said, skylanders does not feel like a spyro game. Even though his name is in the title, you honestly don't even need him toOkay, let's try to be as unbiased as possible in this review. Spyro was my **** childhood, spyro was freakin awesome, he had fire and ice and lightning and wind, and he was a sarcastic smart aleck, so you could imagine a 7 year old boy looking up to him. That being said, skylanders does not feel like a spyro game. Even though his name is in the title, you honestly don't even need him to complete the game. I mean, he's not a bad character in this game or anything, he just... Ehh. The whole selling point for skylanders is the fact that you can switch in characters whenever you want, right? Well, as cool as this is, it kind of takes a way from the overall epicness of the game's story. Some of the heroic struggle is lost when you can just rejuvenate all of your health by switching characters mid battle or take him off the portal so you can take a dump or something. The cutscenes are funny, TBH. Spyros character isn't much different either, he's still a smart aleck, brave, tough, all that good stuff. It just seems like they threw spyros name in there for no reason except to attract spyro fans.
    Overall, it's not a bad game by any means, it just isn't the epic spyro game I thought I would be.
  4. Jul 27, 2013
    This game looked cheesy to me from the go. Obviously catering to kids with little to no thinking skills, which could keep them occupied for weeks. I beat the game in 6 hours. It felt like an easy 800 points for my achievements. Not much replay value for someone over the age of 15. I easily leveled 11 characters to 10 and unlocked all their skills. I did that by farming xp on spiders thatThis game looked cheesy to me from the go. Obviously catering to kids with little to no thinking skills, which could keep them occupied for weeks. I beat the game in 6 hours. It felt like an easy 800 points for my achievements. Not much replay value for someone over the age of 15. I easily leveled 11 characters to 10 and unlocked all their skills. I did that by farming xp on spiders that appearently never stop spawning. The idea of the little figures on the portal was cute. But the game play vs buying all the toys not worth it. I could see if it was marketed and programmed correctly, you could have online play, with 2-8 or 16 players in different modes. Though the easy game mechanics need to be adjusted. The battle mode is simple and cheesy... 1 vs 1? Ick. I remember playing games like gauntlet dark legacy, which I found more playble. I think the game has so much potential. Does not deserve a 10. The game is really short for the money you would drop on the toys. The challenges for each toy is kinda hard... Kinda. I didn't hate it, but I didn't feel rewarded enough for leveling all my guys to 10 and beating the game to consider buying 20 more little toys for 10 bucks a pop.

With that note, I thought micro-transactions were ethically wrong. You can buy a pirate boat to unlock missions that are built in the game but you gotta buy that boat.

Game cost what? 60 bucks? The pad is another 10 to 15... Then 30 skylanders are 30-40...120 150 bucks for 5-10 hours of game play. Give another 15 to 20 hours to level all those 30 skylanders to 10... Not worth it. A game should offer at least 30 hours plus for 60bucks. That's 12 movies from the 5 dollar bin which gives me 24 to 30 hours.

1. Jul 27, 2012
    Without a doubt, Skylander's Spyro's Adventure is the best family-friendly, everybody-pleasing title I've seen in quite some time, and has handily eclipsed that other collect'-em-all franchise as the go-to at our house.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Jan 10, 2012
    Decent game hindered by hidden costs. [Jan 2012, p.98]
  3. Dec 22, 2011
    One of the most original concepts to hit the industry in the past two or three years, Skylanders is also just fun to play.