6.8

1. May 4, 2012
    The game is everything a fan who was the first version of PS2 / PC / Xbox 1 expected: the essence of the gameplay is all there - but not in full perfection.

The game's story is about Karl Fairburne, an Office of Strategic Services agent, which is inserted into Berlin in 1945, during the last days of World War II and the game refers to Operation Paperclip and Operation Overcast, the U.S.
    plans to recruit scientists from Nazi Germany; Fairburne arises against opponents both Nazis and Soviets as he intends to kill or capture key scientists involved in the program of the Nazi V-2 rocket.

Visually, the graphics are very good, although not ultra-realistic, and portray very well the scenery and buildings / vehicles of the time. In the city you see soldiers in the distance, as shades between the dust and using binoculars / scope to give a zoom and see what happens. Among the ruined streets of Berlin, the details of destruction are very good, consistent with what we see in movies and pictures of the time: in addition, planes go over, and you see scraps of paper, sparks of fire and other things being carried by the wind. One criticism is the eternal absence of swastikas to the realistic scenario, using instead the German imperial flag.

The sounds and music to the example of the previous version are perfect: music appropriate to the tense and silent mood of the game, and at appropriate times like fights, and of course, in the menus. It is usually mild and not offsets to the sounds that make the atmosphere of the scenarios, as the wind, which is different depending on your altitude, and local (environmental exposure) - the sounds are excellent, having sense of distance and Surround. The urban battlefield sounds of gunfire, screams, explosions, planes, etc. are perfect, and the shots are dry and echo through the scenario. The Russian and German soldiers do not speak English, but their native languages.

The gameplay is execellent, those who do not know, a warning: this is not a COD or Battlefield, but rather an simulator of war - the base of the gameplay is Stealth: any attempt to be Rambo, usually ends in death. Moving you should try to move slowly, and crouched to avoid being seen. Depending on your position and other snipers positions, one sees in the distance a quick shine of the sun on their weapons or equipment, which shows the localization of the enemy - the same happens when you're spotted, and an "ghost" image is fixed in place where you was seen last time. If you're hit, the screen gets darker, with patches of blood - but your life it's regenerative. The shots are performed with the sniper rifle with LT to enter scope mode, and you control your heart / hold your breath, for aiming, and must consider the gravity and wind to adjust the aim, when ready pressing RT to fire. If the shot it's a extreme one, the mode shows the trajectory of the bullet in slow motion, that circulates throughout the scenarios from the barrel of his rifle to the target, hits it with bloody effects in a X-ray vision, showing the interior of the person, with the bullet getting through the skull and destroying the column.

Each successful shot then shows the bottom of the screen, the distance, the type of shooting (vital organ, etc.) and how many points was worth the shot. There are many weapons in the game like the MP-40 submachine gun, a pistol, and other weapons like the Panzerfaust and hand grenades. There are also other items such as rocks that are thrown to distract the soldiers, land mines and trip-mines, to make ambushes and traps - and you can search dead soldier for ammunition and hide their bodies.

There are some options of difficulty: Cadet, Marksman, Sniper Elite and Custom, that changes the gameplay in details like the efficiency of enemies, and the additional indicators of aid in the aim. The game also features collectibles in the form of bottles, and evaluates various parameters of your performance in the stages. There is a coop online mode, called Overwatch that I intend to try soon.

The AI ??is good but could be better: they behave more or less like the soldiers of Metal Gear Solid, when they were caught by surprise, they act a little lost and disconnected, screaming and more or less hiding behind things - also when you throw a rock to distract them all go running behind the sound.

I noticed some minor negative details: glitches like the ghost effect of passing through some objects; in general the graphics, although very good, could be something on the level of the top shooters (especially in the enemies faces); I also thought that killing it's more easy in this game than in Sniper Elite and I have a issue that when we hit the soldiers leg, they're considered to dead.

Overall, as stated, it is the game that I loved in the past, but in a new incarnation, with better graphics and improved gameplay - although some minor negative details, it's a great game.
  2. May 5, 2012
    It's sad this game got so low scores. This game is very similar to the first one, and I think it's great, because you will NOT find any game like this. Of course there are bugs, it's quite common for smaller studios, but gameplay is great and you can't complain about the graphics. Unusual multiplayer and stealth singleplayer makes Sniper Elite V2 one of my favorite games.
  3. May 4, 2012
    -An addedum to my earlier review resulting from, imo, poor observation of some user reviews. Some folks have claimed the the AI in Sniper Elite V2 is lame or idiotic, at best. True, sometimes, wehrmacht soldiers WILL fire into or at a wall where YOU, a sniper, was last seen. FFS, true to wehrmacht doctrine, those soldiers were SUPPRESSING your position while other soldiers began a flanking maneuver on your last know position. NO, they're NOT trying to shoot YOU through the wall! They are shooting AT the wall, to force you to keep your head down while others take you down from an oblique angle. The Germans INVENTED maneuver warfare and the devs of this game have included various tactics prevalent during the war. Sure, NO code is perfect; but consider the AI in this game; it has to SEE and HEAR and manage environmental obstacles, shoot, flank, cooperate with others AND, very importantly, be able to scan variable horizon lines. In other words, they are aware of ground-level actions and above-ground level actions while assessing threat, damage, and forcing closure. Next time some in-game krauts shoot at the wall you're hiding behind, better look over your shoulder right quick. Frankly, IF you play this game like a shooting gallery, you are doing yourself a disservice. A real-world sniper would never sit in one spot and hope to kill with discrimination and prejudice while expecting no reprisal. As far as soldaten going off protocol and disregarding control logic and wandering about aimlessly; that happens in real world scenarios as well; morale breaks down, confusion results, friendly-fire occurs, etc. It is NOT possible to replicate human emotion nor decision-making with AI control logic; it IS possible to abstract the result of percentages and known statistics, however, and simulate the uncertainty and chaos of war, which Sniper Elite V2 does very well with a minimal developmental budget. For what it is, and isn't, Sniper Elite V2 is solid, well-made, challenging and worth an install- NO, I do not work for the damn company, either. It's simply hightime that we get something that is more challenging structurally than a corridor shooter with simplistic player choice. What galls me, is the notion that Sniper Elite V2 should be judged against criteria that defines more simplistic games. Sure, the AI on a corridor shooter is more tight, scripted, and more defined with limited pathfinding, minimal choice, trigger points, etc. Events ARE triggered in Sniper Elite V2, to be sure, BUT how the situational AI responds to the random challenges players force through conditional-choice is wholly emergent and unscripted, except for plot-progression points, and, even then, the AI will alter its behavior and prosecution of player-choice and dynamics. Expand
  4. May 3, 2012
    This game is an excellent second edition of the series. It is a methodical thinking man's shooter. With a few bugs that to me are inconsequential this game does not disappoint.
  5. May 4, 2012
    I give it an honest 8.0-8.5 EASILY, and I'm a picky gamer. The game IS cool, very cool if you like WWII. Anyone not giving it a minimum 8.0 is either an idiot, COD/BF fan-boy, or simply, just doesn't know what they're talking about, or like Edge Magazine ... all three. Bugbear1 pretty much hits the nail in the head with his great review. I'll ad this: the graphics are better than the newest Skyrim and it's 1998 PC graphics, the game play is different, and a nice change from no brain run and gun COD, and definitely not the abortion BF is with it's 20 year old Company EA who still can't make a server to save their lives. My quibbles are these, AI is a little inconsistent or just whack a very small small percent of the time, but definitely NOT a game breaker in the least, on Elite enemy AI, it'll flush you out like quail, and end your threat. I wish we could pick up our laid explosives if we don't use them, and not leave them to go to waste, switch shoulder ability and longer Over Watch missions (they are way too short), and of course competitive MP like PC has. It's a good game, and to be real honest, screw ALL reviews, good or bad, it's what YOU like, and you'll never know if YOU like it, unless YOU try it, wow, what a concept. Play the demo for crying out loud. Peace. Expand
  6. May 4, 2012
    This is a fun game. Lots of action and pretty cool Gameplay. Sure the game suffers from story, but lets be honest, as long as we're having fun the story sometimes takes a back seat. I can honestly say that I am enjoying this hame - especially in 3D. For those of you who own a 3D tv, give this a try.
  7. May 2, 2012
    The more you play the worse this game gets. In larger maps the AI is highly problematic. You snipe someone, they see you despite your best efforts, you hide, they find you, you wind up killing everything with 1 of 3 guns sometimes even the AI enemies pass near your without shooting. The more levels you get through, the more boring it gets with "run of the mill" type of missions, the single player is overall a extremely short experience. I recommend renting this but not buying it Expand
  8. May 4, 2012
    Well. The kill cam is great. The kill cam is really great. And you see a lot of it. But the game has many downsides. The AI is running back and forth when it's supposed to shoot you and take cover. And often times it's shooting repeatedly to a wall or some other obstacle. Also it's a bit annoying to sneak around, because the sneaking movement is veeeryyy slooooowwww. And if you decide NOT to sneak, tons of enemies hear in no time you and you're dead, because of the clumsy CQB controls. You can't really tell when it's safe to walk normally, so you'll have to sneak pretty much all the time. The game doesn't save checkpoints, so if you want to take a break and play the mission tomorrow or some other day, you'll have to start from the beginning of that mission. But the sniping mechanic is cool and the kill cam just never gets old. The game has it's moments, mostly moments in which you have a vantage point or other safe spot to snipe, and shoot amazing headshots from a distance. The sneaking and CQB are weak. Expand
  9. May 7, 2012
    SEV2 is fun to play, challenging, and gives you a sense of power when the death cam comes up and shows you where your bullet just went into the enemy. I don't understand all the low reviews. Its not call of duty, big deal. Its more like Hitman in some ways. the solo campaign if played on hardest level is very challenging. Some flaws are: Enemy AI can be good and bad at times. sometimes you can be right in front of an enemy and they wont see you. Other times someone from 100yds away can spot you even when you creeping and using cover. It requires patience, you cannot just go rambo and expect to blow through it. the multiplayer is ok if you have more than a few people. I am about half way through the solo missions and I have really enjoyed this game so far. it can be frustrating at times. The save system will let you start from check points instead for having to start from beginning of mission. this helps as there are some points in teh game where you will struggle to get past and have to replay a few times. The game is only $50 us and its worth it. Its a nice change of pace from all the COD/BATTLEFIELD type action. Expand
  10. May 3, 2012
    This game is really fun, the campaign is awesome, killing Hitler is epic, and the multiplayer is surprisingly fun. I would say that this game is perfect and give it a 10, but there is one big problem with it. That problem is that the AI is bipolar. The enemies are either blind and think that standing in the open will protect them or they have the best sight and aim in any game I have ever played. It doesn't ruin the game, but it can be annoying at times. Besides that, this game is awesome and you have to get it! Expand
  11. May 3, 2012
    Sniper Elite V2, ok the game is better than the first Sniper Elite, have great graphics, and good gameplay, but have much problems, the concept of the game is same, and is boring in some parts.
  12. May 9, 2012
    They did it right! they went beyond and made something different. this is a great action packed, jump in a feel like a bad ass game. the kill cams make this game! i want a head shot ever bullet. and best of all. its not EA games, ubi soft. none of those guys. its a great game. buy it! and support these guys. well at least until they become so big they make Trash. which is the pattern with companies these days. they deserve every penny i spent! Expand
  13. May 10, 2012
    I think this is the best sniper game yet on Xbox. It allows you the flexibility to approach a lot of the game the way you want. Don't get me wrong, it's not sandbox and it does require sniping, but you can do stealth kills, booby traps or just go blast away. Or a mix of all of the above. The xray kill cam is an awesome touch rewarding a lot of your snipes with a graphic showing of all the damage you've done to the lucky guy in the crosshairs. Multiplayer is fun but expect to be spotter more often than not since unless your lucky since most want to snipe. Great game. If you love you a sniper game, this is it! Expand
  14. May 7, 2012
    This game realy does deliver on its core gameplay mechanic. The sniping is brutal, beautiful and rewarding. There is a lack of narative but it is not a problem in this game in my opinion. The problem is with the game's direction as it is in so many other titles. The enemies can be a real annoyance, as they have superhuman abilities. I found getting the drop on an enemy sniper is nigh impossible. The music is also inapropriate a lot of times. But if you can forgive some minor hindrances and like a WW2 sniping game, look no further! Certainly worth a 2nd hand or discounted buy. Expand
  15. May 9, 2012
    The demo was great, allowing you to make amazing shots with your sniper, in a 20 minute demo. However, once you play the full game, you start to see the novelty wear off, with repetive objectives, tedious and dumb AI, and a story that is just there for no reason. I enjoyed playing it, mainly because I loved shooting a Russian sniper 200ft away from me in the eye, but once you take a shot, the AI will automatically know where you are. It is pretty lenghty, lasting about 8 hours, but for £39.99, this is not worth it. I recommend renting Sniper Elite V2, to keep you occupied for Max Payne 3 next month! Expand
  16. May 9, 2012
    EN-USA
    I know there is a lot of people browsing at this site, digging games with high scores to play. But as we know, the experience of play the game and score it with YOUR opinion is the best choice. Sniper V2, such as Sniper: Ghost Warrior, has low critic score, but when you play this game, you would be surprised: The game play is awesome!!! I think the people who point this game with
    low score are a some kind of "Call of Duty maniac", because the experience with games that use stealth are totally based on "stop, think and act", and not just act like one crazy.
    The game is one of the best that I played in years.

PT-BR
    Eu sei que há um monte de pessoas que navegam no site, cavando por jogos com altas pontuações para jogar. Mas, como sabemos, a experiência de jogar o jogo e marcar com sua opinião é a melhor escolha. Sniper V2, como Sniper: Ghost Warrior, tem pontuação (NOTA)baixa, mas quando vocêo joga, fica surpreso: A jogabilidade é impressionante!

Acho que as pessoas que apontam este jogo com pontuação baixa são uma espécie de "Call of Duty maníaco", porque a experiência com os jogos que usam stealth são totalmente baseados em "parar, pensar e agir" e não somente em agir igual a um louco.
    O jogo é um dos melhores que joguei nos últimos anos.
  17. May 10, 2012
    Yeah, the graphics are great, not awesome... But does that matter.... hell no.
    Killcams- sweet and realistic. ALL organs are there. Balls shots are satisfying, especially on hitler...
    Levels- There are multiple ways to complete levels, but no encouragements to go off the beaten path and explore. Kill tallyl- not bad in single player, awesome in multiplayer.
    Ai- Turn the AI difficulty up if
    you find it easy. because at "Veteran" i find it slighly harder. Slightly stupid when they forget about you after a while hidden.
    Overall-
    Buy this... now.
    Trade in your Call of Duties, and your Battlefields.
    I'll be surprised if it doesn't get a VGA.
    Sniper elite v2 is a must have.
  18. Jun 4, 2012
    I've been waiting for this game for a long time, ever since the ps2 version. It gave a different type of gameplay then the big two (cod, moh)during that era . The graphics are yesterday but the gameplay is different then the mainstream. So far it is entertaining. It can be quick paced if you want it to be,or slow and methodical. Good for a $30 game not a $60 but I still like it.
  19. May 22, 2012
    I love this game. people fault the ai and graphics. the game rewards with satisfaction when it is played using sniping. yet it frustrates when you go in rambo style. This should be classed as a strength of the game. you have to learn how to snipe,to plan an escape, to plan the shot and the situation. yes it has faults, but for me, this has been the most enjoyable game i have played in a long time. at the highest difficulty this is a very challeging game. well done rebellion. small developers like this deserve a chance. yes it good be more polished but the essense of the game is top notch. buy it and stick with it. its great. Expand
  20. May 21, 2012
    If you play this game, you're in for a "bloody" good time, mate. ;D ;D ;D. This game really "shoots" for the sky. Okay, that was a bad one, sorry.
  21. Jun 21, 2012
    This game has playability you could quite easily complete this game over and over again. Plus with the great Co-op modes this game is spectacular. The X-ray feature is the best feature to be introduced to game for a long time. Plus I'm glad their was no Multilayer competitive game modes as this would have spoiled it.

Just pure Greatness
  22. May 6, 2012
    I loved the demo for this game. The bullet cam was great and really helped give the genre and interesting twist and got me interested for the full game which I got day 1 release. Unfortunately Sniper Elite V2 is one of those games that actually made me angry at the developers for ignoring such gaping holes in their product. The AI is the main offender followed very closely by clunky controls and massive irregular gameplay. I regard myself as a pretty decent at shooters but I expect a game to play by its own rules. Sniper Elite V2 sets up the rules and breaks them every chance it gets. AI is constantly changing, one minute they're idiots waiting in the open for you to snipe they're heads off, then as soon as you take your 1st shot the whole lot of them center on your position like flesh seeking homing missiles and proceed to track you wherever you go and they're impossible to lose. This is a huge problem in a stealth shooter as ANY element of sneaking about instantly vanishes the moment you take a shot. Like wise silent melee kills are extremely difficult to pull off due to the inconsistant AI either missing you a foot away or spotting you through a wall 200 yards above them. This wouldn't be so bad if the close range combat was as fun as the sniping, unfortunately it's not. It's not fun AT ALL. The collision detection must be off because sometimes I was able to take a sniper shot to the face and other times a few stray SMG bullets would do me in. Clunky controls exacerbate this issue and often had me swearing and gritting me teeth, frustrated that yet again the game refused to play by its own rules. There are a few moments of greatness in there such as the long distance kill and the times you are facing off against solo snipers in the ruins of Berlin but they're few and far between. Overall about three hours in I started playing only to finish the game just to spite it. When I did, back to EB and got my $89 back. It's sad to see a great opportunity wasted like this but it's becoming more common nowadays with devs sitting on their laurels thinking they can make just 1 portion of their game playable and just copy paste, read: half arse, the rest.

It's not all bad and I think it all depends on your level of tolerance with inconsistant video games and bad controls. If you can find a single gimick can carry your whole gaming experience and love and I mean LOVE WW2 shooters than it's a must by. But if you're like me, enjoy WW2 shooters but need them to be interesting enough not to have to rely on bullet cam and fairly decent graphics, then give it a miss, or a rent. The story is generic but not terrible, bullet cam xray sniper kills are brilliant, close combat and AI are totally broken and the less said about the repetitive level design the better. We've all played old call of duty, we know what crumbling buildings look like and night time fighting in said buildings is not "a different environment". Concentrate on the whole game next time please Rebellion.
  23. May 8, 2012
    Sniper Elite V2 is a game that clearly has one main goal. This is to allow the player to step into the shoes of a sniper deep behind enemy lines and who is tasked with assassinating several Nazi scientists that hold the key to futuristic 'Wonder Weapons' that could change all future warfare. The game delivers in this respect, Setting up traps for any flanking enemy soldiers, booby trapping bodies and even making your way to that perfect location to get the right shot on your target feels authentic and fun. By far the most fun you will have in this game are the killcams you get when taking out your targets. These are made up of gory X-Ray style shots that show exactly what bones and organs your bullet hits on its travels through the enemy. There is however some downsides to this game. It can become frustrating when you find yourself surrounded by closing in enemies soon after pulling the trigger on your target, as your character doesn't last very long at all when the fighting gets up-close and personal. Sniper Elite is at it's roots a remake of an original Xbox title that came out towards the end of the consoles life cycle, and most people seem to forget this fact. The majority of reviews seem to complain about the graphics being of low quality, and whilst i disagree with this, I will admit that they are not up to the standard of other games coming out this summer. The game looks heaps and bounds better than the original, with the war torn Berlin setting playing a huge role in the game. The character models are not bad, but do lack some of those subtle animations that can make then seem believable. The weapons all seem very realistic when compared to how they look in other games. Basically if you are going in to this game thinking it is going to be the next 'COD killer' then don't bother buying it, you are going to be disappointed. If you are looking at is as you are interested in stealth game play and the whole sniper aspect that seems to get very little spotlight in other titles on Xbox 360, the Sniper Elite V2 might be just the game you are looking for. If you are still not sure, there is a free demo available to download on Xbox Live, so why not try it out for yourself? I did, and the next day i went out and bought it! Expand
  24. May 22, 2012
    This one is much better than i thought. I love the Kill-cam, shooting someone just in the eye and seeing the bullet get in the detailed skull and left it deformed is very amazing.
  25. Jul 28, 2012
    Played this game on this console after I played the pc version and it's not even feeling as the same game.Graphics and physics are both of a different world so it seems...I'm sorry. Hail to the pc!
  26. Aug 6, 2012
    game was boring after 2nd mission co-op was the only thing that kept me from giving it a 5 but the game had its own unique visual style i would like to see it perfected in a future installment
  27. Sep 6, 2012
    The game delivers on it's title...snipe the living S#$! outta people. Does the game have it's issues...well sure. The enemy AI could snipe you back from a mile away on the hardest difficulty but then again that's expected. Graphically the game could have used some work and the level design seemed like it could have been condensed some what. It's not about the amount of space but rather how the space is being used in the game play. As far as the narrative is concerned well it is pretty straight forward which I believe was designed that way. Game play is fun and feels good. There is weight to the character and how he moves which is something I like in games. I would have liked some more direction with the explosives. It would have been nice to be able to look at an area and plan out the enemies deaths strategically mixing explosives, stealth, and good ol head shots. As an avid gamer I am happy to state that this game is not a rehash of everything else out there and offers an enjoyable experience to those willing to try it. Expand
  28. Feb 23, 2013
    Sniper Elite V2 videos from playing it would have had to endure a little more development time. However, the game was not bad, just a little more difficult parts of the game, the stealth, it was a bit boring. But as I said that this game was not mediocre, nor fair, but a well-designed game. The graphics was not the best, but it meets the requirements. Tell everyone in the game, but if you do not like stealth in games, I do not recommend it. Expand
  29. May 7, 2012
    Wow! Since my last review was deleted due to childish sensitivities and melodramatic over-reactions from amateur reviewers who either can't score games properly using decimal points or believe this game A.I is the second coming, to those professional reviewers who disgracefully rewarded this game a 4 when awarding Ridge Racer Unbounded a 9! Since my previously comments were judged inappropriate, I'll simply say this is a rental at best though you're welcome to believe the sheep and waste your hard earned! Expand
  30. May 23, 2012
    The first game was a surprisingly entertaining and tactically deep budget title. The sequel retains most of the mechanics, but seems to have taken a few too many cues from Call of Duty when it comes to level design. It's short, very linear, and nowhere near as fun as the first. The kill-cam is pretty spectacular, but the ridiculously stupid AI with occasional superhuman senses never makes the kills really satisfying. Expand
  31. May 27, 2012
    This game isn't as bad as everyone says it is. Noted it is repetitive and lacks a very direct and thrilling story-line, however the kill cam feature showing the bullets effect on your enemies body is impressive. This game has a multiplier mode in which I did not fully explore as I don't see how a game of this caliber would have an enticing multiplier experience. The emphasis on being "the most accurate sniper game, ect..", is very far from the truth. The sniping experience is no different than Battlefield 3, the height needs to be adjusted due to range of the target, however bullet drop seems far from accurate, the scope is too steady and AI is a joke. I think it should be more challenging and actually take the prospective of a sniper and not some Rambo style game play. If this game didn't have the kill cam they incorporated I'd have given it a 3 Expand
  32. Aug 15, 2012
    Overall, this is a fun game. However, it didn't meet my expectations, which were somewhat high considering the original is a gem of a game. The first and greatest issue I have with this game is that the tension from the first one is simply not there. This is a big disappointment. Getting spotted in the original meant running for your life and trying to find a hiding spot, crossing your fingers that the enemy didn't see you crawl under that car. In V2, you can just relax and shoot everybody coming at you without a sweat, especially since they're not very smart and just line up in front of your rifle most of the time. The second biggest problem with this game is the AI, that have X-Ray vision and bionic hearing. It's very hard to sneak around, which should basically be the whole point of this game. Lastly, there is no sense of story whatsoever: you just get teleported to what seems like random locations and are asked to assassinate people, which again is something that was done better in the original as well. Those frustrations aside, the game is still enjoyable as a sniping game. It's fun to plant traps and lure enemies in them. The ambience is somewhat okay and the difficulty is respectable (without considering that enemies spot you from behind walls). You'd be better off buying this game on sale or renting it on a rainy afternoon. If you liked the original, you will probably be disappointed like I was... Expand
  33. Jul 28, 2012
    Sniper Elite V2 was one of those games I had missed on release due to other commitments and when checking with my website members, I tended to take a negative from it, that the campaign was far too short. Upon trying the game out, at various stages, I thought the end must be just round the corner, yet it wasn't. I am actually a little baffled how anyone can say the campaign is too short. If played as an all creeping all prone sniper, the game lasts a good 10 hours to reach the final chapter and I loved playing every minute of it. The graphics were acceptably good, most of the pointers were in place. If I had one issue it was likely that either they don't tell you that the D-Pad UP Down works both the binoculars and also the sniper rifle. Either that or I missed it myself, though was paying attention at the start of the game. It was a Youtube Video that showed me the way when I got a little lost on how to blow the first tank up (as I have not played the 1st version of the game, either that or I'm thick). Conclusion: I found it to be a well rounded game. The targetting system seems almost spot-on, the killshots were glorious in most places and I would certainly relish the next installment. Bring it on. Expand
  34. Apr 24, 2013
    I like this game personally, it is great, pardon the expression, gun porn. Get the St. Pierre DLC, and your favourite rifle and plunk some guys in the head and feel better about life in general.
  35. Jul 29, 2013
    Sniper Elite v2 is a good arcade game. I guess these days, everyone expects a realistic sim, in which there are none, even by the AAA publishers. This game does not pretend to be a sim. Some things are scripted a bit, but still a fun shootem up. Its not all sniping, either. The movement of the player can sometimes be a little clunky and the machine gun takes some getting used to. For the most part the levels are interesting, graphics good and kill cam good. Its addictive, with some sneaking, some fast action and planning involved. On normal and above difficulty it can be difficult sometimes, but very doable. A level must be completed in a single sitting. If you go three check points in a level and quit, when you return its back to the beginning of the level. Not sure why they did that, as most people do not have a lot of flexability in their time, except for kids. I can see going back and playing a level or two again for fun. I look forward to Sniper Elite III. I hear sand box in Africa, but I doubt it wil be open world. If only it were, and they would open it up to modders, like Skyrim, it would be epic. Sniper Elite v2 may not be everyones cup of tea, but I think the typical person that likes shooters (3rd person while moving, 1st while shooting or looking around) would like this game. Just do not expect to be something its not and then complain. So, if you want to be a real sniper, join the army and practice.
    If you want to play a fun, reasonably made arcade sniper game, give this a try.
  36. Oct 14, 2013
    In any FPS I play (or SPS), my main objective is to obtain a machine gun and a sniper rifle if available. Any sniper game has me in line from the original Sniper Elite on the old XBox to this including the Sniper Ghost Warrior games. Here, the levels were vastly different from each other with some pretty difficult situations. Beautifully rendered, great sound and great fun watching the damage feedback. The DLC additions were super and despite the hugely tricky 'shoot that bastard before he gets to the train' level, I've re-played this game quite a few times and still get a big kick out of it. Bring on a new one... I'll buy it! Expand

1. Aug 14, 2012
    While there's been plenty to complain about in Sniper Elite V2, I can't condemn the game overall. There are great 1st- and 3rd-person shooters out there, and this can't be counted among them, but in the sniping subgenre, V2 is basically peerless and should be respected as such among its audience.
  2. Jun 20, 2012
    It's a shame that the AI behaves so irrationally and the levels are so small. With a little bit more ambition Sniper Elite V2 could have been a real gem. [June 2012]
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    Sniper Elite V2 is a fantastic game and is definitely something different from the usual shooter we have come to know and love. While the close combat can be frustrating at times, the sniping is brilliant, and there's nothing better than getting that kill cam right between the eyes of an enemy. If you're looking for something fresh to play this is a must buy.