6.8

1. May 4, 2012
    The game is everything a fan who was the first version of PS2 / PC / Xbox 1 expected: the essence of the gameplay is all there - but not in full perfection.

The game's story is about Karl Fairburne, an Office of Strategic Services agent, which is inserted into Berlin in 1945, during the last days of World War II and the game refers to Operation Paperclip and Operation Overcast, the U.S.
    plans to recruit scientists from Nazi Germany; Fairburne arises against opponents both Nazis and Soviets as he intends to kill or capture key scientists involved in the program of the Nazi V-2 rocket.

Visually, the graphics are very good, although not ultra-realistic, and portray very well the scenery and buildings / vehicles of the time. In the city you see soldiers in the distance, as shades between the dust and using binoculars / scope to give a zoom and see what happens. Among the ruined streets of Berlin, the details of destruction are very good, consistent with what we see in movies and pictures of the time: in addition, planes go over, and you see scraps of paper, sparks of fire and other things being carried by the wind. One criticism is the eternal absence of swastikas to the realistic scenario, using instead the German imperial flag.

The sounds and music to the example of the previous version are perfect: music appropriate to the tense and silent mood of the game, and at appropriate times like fights, and of course, in the menus. It is usually mild and not offsets to the sounds that make the atmosphere of the scenarios, as the wind, which is different depending on your altitude, and local (environmental exposure) - the sounds are excellent, having sense of distance and Surround. The urban battlefield sounds of gunfire, screams, explosions, planes, etc. are perfect, and the shots are dry and echo through the scenario. The Russian and German soldiers do not speak English, but their native languages.

The gameplay is execellent, those who do not know, a warning: this is not a COD or Battlefield, but rather an simulator of war - the base of the gameplay is Stealth: any attempt to be Rambo, usually ends in death. Moving you should try to move slowly, and crouched to avoid being seen. Depending on your position and other snipers positions, one sees in the distance a quick shine of the sun on their weapons or equipment, which shows the localization of the enemy - the same happens when you're spotted, and an "ghost" image is fixed in place where you was seen last time. If you're hit, the screen gets darker, with patches of blood - but your life it's regenerative. The shots are performed with the sniper rifle with LT to enter scope mode, and you control your heart / hold your breath, for aiming, and must consider the gravity and wind to adjust the aim, when ready pressing RT to fire. If the shot it's a extreme one, the mode shows the trajectory of the bullet in slow motion, that circulates throughout the scenarios from the barrel of his rifle to the target, hits it with bloody effects in a X-ray vision, showing the interior of the person, with the bullet getting through the skull and destroying the column.

Each successful shot then shows the bottom of the screen, the distance, the type of shooting (vital organ, etc.) and how many points was worth the shot. There are many weapons in the game like the MP-40 submachine gun, a pistol, and other weapons like the Panzerfaust and hand grenades. There are also other items such as rocks that are thrown to distract the soldiers, land mines and trip-mines, to make ambushes and traps - and you can search dead soldier for ammunition and hide their bodies.

There are some options of difficulty: Cadet, Marksman, Sniper Elite and Custom, that changes the gameplay in details like the efficiency of enemies, and the additional indicators of aid in the aim. The game also features collectibles in the form of bottles, and evaluates various parameters of your performance in the stages. There is a coop online mode, called Overwatch that I intend to try soon.

The AI ??is good but could be better: they behave more or less like the soldiers of Metal Gear Solid, when they were caught by surprise, they act a little lost and disconnected, screaming and more or less hiding behind things - also when you throw a rock to distract them all go running behind the sound.

I noticed some minor negative details: glitches like the ghost effect of passing through some objects; in general the graphics, although very good, could be something on the level of the top shooters (especially in the enemies faces); I also thought that killing it's more easy in this game than in Sniper Elite and I have a issue that when we hit the soldiers leg, they're considered to dead.

Overall, as stated, it is the game that I loved in the past, but in a new incarnation, with better graphics and improved gameplay - although some minor negative details, it's a great game.
  2. May 5, 2012
    It's sad this game got so low scores. This game is very similar to the first one, and I think it's great, because you will NOT find any game like this. Of course there are bugs, it's quite common for smaller studios, but gameplay is great and you can't complain about the graphics. Unusual multiplayer and stealth singleplayer makes Sniper Elite V2 one of my favorite games.
  3. May 3, 2012
    This game is an excellent second edition of the series. It is a methodical thinking man's shooter. With a few bugs that to me are inconsequential this game does not disappoint.
  4. May 4, 2012
    This is a fun game. Lots of action and pretty cool Gameplay. Sure the game suffers from story, but lets be honest, as long as we're having fun the story sometimes takes a back seat. I can honestly say that I am enjoying this hame - especially in 3D. For those of you who own a 3D tv, give this a try.
  5. May 7, 2012
    SEV2 is fun to play, challenging, and gives you a sense of power when the death cam comes up and shows you where your bullet just went into the enemy. I don't understand all the low reviews. Its not call of duty, big deal. Its more like Hitman in some ways. the solo campaign if played on hardest level is very challenging. Some flaws are: Enemy AI can be good and bad at times. sometimes you can be right in front of an enemy and they wont see you. Other times someone from 100yds away can spot you even when you creeping and using cover. It requires patience, you cannot just go rambo and expect to blow through it. the multiplayer is ok if you have more than a few people. I am about half way through the solo missions and I have really enjoyed this game so far. it can be frustrating at times. The save system will let you start from check points instead for having to start from beginning of mission. this helps as there are some points in teh game where you will struggle to get past and have to replay a few times. The game is only $50 us and its worth it. Its a nice change of pace from all the COD/BATTLEFIELD type action. Expand
  6. May 9, 2012
    They did it right! they went beyond and made something different. this is a great action packed, jump in a feel like a bad ass game. the kill cams make this game! i want a head shot ever bullet. and best of all. its not EA games, ubi soft. none of those guys. its a great game. buy it! and support these guys. well at least until they become so big they make Trash. which is the pattern with companies these days. they deserve every penny i spent! Expand
  7. May 10, 2012
    I think this is the best sniper game yet on Xbox. It allows you the flexibility to approach a lot of the game the way you want. Don't get me wrong, it's not sandbox and it does require sniping, but you can do stealth kills, booby traps or just go blast away. Or a mix of all of the above. The xray kill cam is an awesome touch rewarding a lot of your snipes with a graphic showing of all the damage you've done to the lucky guy in the crosshairs. Multiplayer is fun but expect to be spotter more often than not since unless your lucky since most want to snipe. Great game. If you love you a sniper game, this is it! Expand
  8. May 9, 2012
    EN-USA
    I know there is a lot of people browsing at this site, digging games with high scores to play. But as we know, the experience of play the game and score it with YOUR opinion is the best choice. Sniper V2, such as Sniper: Ghost Warrior, has low critic score, but when you play this game, you would be surprised: The game play is awesome!!! I think the people who point this game with
    low score are a some kind of "Call of Duty maniac", because the experience with games that use stealth are totally based on "stop, think and act", and not just act like one crazy.
    The game is one of the best that I played in years.

PT-BR
    Eu sei que há um monte de pessoas que navegam no site, cavando por jogos com altas pontuações para jogar. Mas, como sabemos, a experiência de jogar o jogo e marcar com sua opinião é a melhor escolha. Sniper V2, como Sniper: Ghost Warrior, tem pontuação (NOTA)baixa, mas quando vocêo joga, fica surpreso: A jogabilidade é impressionante!

Acho que as pessoas que apontam este jogo com pontuação baixa são uma espécie de "Call of Duty maníaco", porque a experiência com os jogos que usam stealth são totalmente baseados em "parar, pensar e agir" e não somente em agir igual a um louco.
    O jogo é um dos melhores que joguei nos últimos anos.
  9. May 10, 2012
    Yeah, the graphics are great, not awesome... But does that matter.... hell no.
    Killcams- sweet and realistic. ALL organs are there. Balls shots are satisfying, especially on hitler...
    Levels- There are multiple ways to complete levels, but no encouragements to go off the beaten path and explore. Kill tallyl- not bad in single player, awesome in multiplayer.
    Ai- Turn the AI difficulty up if
    you find it easy. because at "Veteran" i find it slighly harder. Slightly stupid when they forget about you after a while hidden.
    Overall-
    Buy this... now.
    Trade in your Call of Duties, and your Battlefields.
    I'll be surprised if it doesn't get a VGA.
    Sniper elite v2 is a must have.
  10. May 22, 2012
    I love this game. people fault the ai and graphics. the game rewards with satisfaction when it is played using sniping. yet it frustrates when you go in rambo style. This should be classed as a strength of the game. you have to learn how to snipe,to plan an escape, to plan the shot and the situation. yes it has faults, but for me, this has been the most enjoyable game i have played in a long time. at the highest difficulty this is a very challeging game. well done rebellion. small developers like this deserve a chance. yes it good be more polished but the essense of the game is top notch. buy it and stick with it. its great. Expand
  11. Jun 21, 2012
    This game has playability you could quite easily complete this game over and over again. Plus with the great Co-op modes this game is spectacular. The X-ray feature is the best feature to be introduced to game for a long time. Plus I'm glad their was no Multilayer competitive game modes as this would have spoiled it.

Just pure Greatness
  12. Feb 23, 2013
    Sniper Elite V2 videos from playing it would have had to endure a little more development time. However, the game was not bad, just a little more difficult parts of the game, the stealth, it was a bit boring. But as I said that this game was not mediocre, nor fair, but a well-designed game. The graphics was not the best, but it meets the requirements. Tell everyone in the game, but if you do not like stealth in games, I do not recommend it. Expand
  13. Jul 28, 2012
    Sniper Elite V2 was one of those games I had missed on release due to other commitments and when checking with my website members, I tended to take a negative from it, that the campaign was far too short. Upon trying the game out, at various stages, I thought the end must be just round the corner, yet it wasn't. I am actually a little baffled how anyone can say the campaign is too short. If played as an all creeping all prone sniper, the game lasts a good 10 hours to reach the final chapter and I loved playing every minute of it. The graphics were acceptably good, most of the pointers were in place. If I had one issue it was likely that either they don't tell you that the D-Pad UP Down works both the binoculars and also the sniper rifle. Either that or I missed it myself, though was paying attention at the start of the game. It was a Youtube Video that showed me the way when I got a little lost on how to blow the first tank up (as I have not played the 1st version of the game, either that or I'm thick). Conclusion: I found it to be a well rounded game. The targetting system seems almost spot-on, the killshots were glorious in most places and I would certainly relish the next installment. Bring it on. Expand
  14. Oct 14, 2013
    In any FPS I play (or SPS), my main objective is to obtain a machine gun and a sniper rifle if available. Any sniper game has me in line from the original Sniper Elite on the old XBox to this including the Sniper Ghost Warrior games. Here, the levels were vastly different from each other with some pretty difficult situations. Beautifully rendered, great sound and great fun watching the damage feedback. The DLC additions were super and despite the hugely tricky 'shoot that bastard before he gets to the train' level, I've re-played this game quite a few times and still get a big kick out of it. Bring on a new one... I'll buy it! Expand

1. Aug 14, 2012
    While there's been plenty to complain about in Sniper Elite V2, I can't condemn the game overall. There are great 1st- and 3rd-person shooters out there, and this can't be counted among them, but in the sniping subgenre, V2 is basically peerless and should be respected as such among its audience.
  2. Jun 20, 2012
    It's a shame that the AI behaves so irrationally and the levels are so small. With a little bit more ambition Sniper Elite V2 could have been a real gem. [June 2012]
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    Sniper Elite V2 is a fantastic game and is definitely something different from the usual shooter we have come to know and love. While the close combat can be frustrating at times, the sniping is brilliant, and there's nothing better than getting that kill cam right between the eyes of an enemy. If you're looking for something fresh to play this is a must buy.