Sonic Adventure 2 Xbox 360

8.0

1. May 6, 2016
    Sonic Adventure 2. The game most Sonic the Hedgehog fans call the greatest Sonic game of all time. Many people still replay this game to this day. People say that if it wasn't Sonic the Hedgehog 2 that got people into the Sonic series, it was this very game. So, let's take a look at it, shall we?
    Released 15 years ago on the short-lived SEGA Dreamcast, Sonic Adventure 2 is a sequel to Sonic Adventure, a Dreamcast launch title. It is, for the most part, very similar to Adventure in terms of gameplay. There's three gameplay styles, unlike SA, which had six. The three returning gameplay styles are speedy platforming (starring Sonic and Shadow), shooting (starring Eggman and Tails), and treasure hunting (starring Knuckles and Rouge). The hedgehog levels are amazing, in fact, they're the best levels of the game. They're so memorable, that's why people replay SA2. Shooting stages are meh. Eggman's are, at best, good and sorta fun. Tails's levels are terribly designed since he was put into the game late and was an Eggman clone, that's why you can't fly with him like in SA. Knuckles's levels can be alright, but for some reason I hate Rouge's level design more than Knuckles's, especially Mad Space. Remember the radar system from SA's treasure hunting stages? That radar is dumbed down here. You can only find one emerald piece at a time, and emeralds are always placed randomly, so having a good time in these stages are luck-based.
    The story is great. It's one of the many darker Sonic stories. I won't spoil this one. Experience it for yourself. Let's just say there's a hero side and a dark side of the story.
    The soundtrack here is just amazing. It is one of the best Sonic soundtracks to listen to while doing something, like typing a review for a game. This soundtrack ties at number one with Generations.
    Since this isn't the Dreamcast version (in fact, it's an Xbox 360 re-release), there's dlc here (I know the Dreamcast had dlc, but you'll see what I mean here). The re-release dlc includes SA2 Battle from the GameCube port, the one that probably got people into the series, as SEGA's consoles were dying and Nintendo was still going strong. Battle just gives more multiplayer options and a few other extra stuff, but it's not like Sonic Adventure DX.
    I really do love this game. Everything about it is great. Still, this game is pretty old, and some frustrating and cheap things could occasionally happen like glitches. Still, I highly recommend this title. I see why everyone loves it. If you got an old Dreamcast or GameCube, get this game. If you have access to the Internet on PSN, Xbox Live, or even Steam, download this game. You gotta live and learn.
  2. Nov 11, 2014
    PROS
    -Outstanding graphics
    -Amazing gameplay
    -Best music a game could have
    -Story flows well
    - Can cause great memories
    -Always something to do

CONS
    -A little glitchy
  3. Jun 9, 2013
    The best 3D sonic game, on a good port including widescreen and the Battle addon content. I wish Sonic games were back like this, althought the muliple characters gameplay is not the best, I like it. At least, they are playable, not like in actual sonic games where you can only play as Sonic.
  4. Apr 16, 2013
    eat Game worth the 800 MSP No 1040 MSP (Battle DLC) Good Great Graphics Good Story Great Sonic and Shadow Gameplay Addictive Chao Garden
    Good Controls
    Introduces Shadow Well My Fave Sonic Character Bad Tails and Eggman levels are so slow Knuckles and Rouges Gameplay is a total abomination Some Terrible Levels (Crazy Gadget, Mad Space) Overpowered Bosses (2nd Tails Boss on ARK
    Good Controls
    Introduces Shadow Well My Fave Sonic Character
    Bad
    Tails and Eggman levels are so slow
    Knuckles and Rouges Gameplay is a total abomination
    Some Terrible Levels (Crazy Gadget, Mad Space)
    Overpowered Bosses (2nd Tails Boss on ARK

Anyway this remake of my best Sonic game ever is still great today. I'm putting up the score it's the best Sonic Game Ever and I'm Hopinb SA3 is coming soon
  5. Mar 24, 2013
    It's the same title from the dreamcast and gamecube, for better or worse. However, it's somewhat disappointing that the full game isn't include upon initial purchase, meaning that you will have to download the "Battle" DLC if you want full access to multiplayer and Chao Karate for around $3-$4. The soundtrack and story mode are present and so are the many problems with controls and cameraIt's the same title from the dreamcast and gamecube, for better or worse. However, it's somewhat disappointing that the full game isn't include upon initial purchase, meaning that you will have to download the "Battle" DLC if you want full access to multiplayer and Chao Karate for around $3-$4. The soundtrack and story mode are present and so are the many problems with controls and camera which continue to cause many random deaths. You either love it or hate it. Expand
  6. Feb 16, 2013
    This game is a direct port of the GC version of sonic adventure 2, minus the extra multiplayer battle mode, which is downloadable content. the game still has an amazing soundtrack, good story, great level design, and still has some camera and control issues, that are more prominent in this version, however the game is still very enjoyable even with the forementioned bugs and issues. thisThis game is a direct port of the GC version of sonic adventure 2, minus the extra multiplayer battle mode, which is downloadable content. the game still has an amazing soundtrack, good story, great level design, and still has some camera and control issues, that are more prominent in this version, however the game is still very enjoyable even with the forementioned bugs and issues. this is basically a straight up port, no more, no less. i still reccomend the dreamcast version, or even the gamecube version, but the dreamcast versions prices are up there, and getting this game on the xbox live arcade saves the hastle of pulling out the gamecube, for basically the same experience. a reallty great 3d platforming game that, while not as good as sonic adventure 1 (in my opinion) is still an amazing game. The game hasnt aged that well, but is still very enjoyable. i recomend it to any and all sonic fans, and any lover of 3d platformers. Expand
  7. Jan 2, 2013
    Sonic has gone so far and had so made I think this is the best!
  8. Dec 17, 2012
    What can I honestly say? If you're just getting into the series or want to relive your childhood, this game is totally worth it. Fingers crossed for a Sonic Adventure 3 :)
  9. Nov 19, 2012
    This much expected re-release of this game plays just as it should, it doesn't feature any new weird & frustrating glitches (unlike the re-release of Sonic Adventure), it plays just like you remember & it actually supports full widescreen HD (again, unlike the re-release of Sonic Adventure). This game also features downloadable content which adds the enhanced Battle Mode from the GameCubeThis much expected re-release of this game plays just as it should, it doesn't feature any new weird & frustrating glitches (unlike the re-release of Sonic Adventure), it plays just like you remember & it actually supports full widescreen HD (again, unlike the re-release of Sonic Adventure). This game also features downloadable content which adds the enhanced Battle Mode from the GameCube version of the game, and it's completely worth getting, especially if you have anyone to play with or against. For only $10 to $13 for this re-release, it's well worth it. Collapse
  10. Nov 12, 2012
    I don't know why everyone keeps bashing this game. It's still the same Sonic Adventure 2 that was released in 2001 but with a nice facelift. In my opinion it's the last great Sonic game made and one of the greatest, final games of the Dreamcast. Yeah it would'a been nice if they fixed issues with controls, the camera, and the sound/music volumes but it's SA2 just as I remember it for goodI don't know why everyone keeps bashing this game. It's still the same Sonic Adventure 2 that was released in 2001 but with a nice facelift. In my opinion it's the last great Sonic game made and one of the greatest, final games of the Dreamcast. Yeah it would'a been nice if they fixed issues with controls, the camera, and the sound/music volumes but it's SA2 just as I remember it for good and for bad. This is one very fun game and great tour down memory lane. Expand
  11. Oct 11, 2012
    This game is GREAT. If you like SA1 then you will like this one. The only problem is that there is no onliine 2 player and knuckles radar is a downgrade. Other than that perfect! The graphics and everything. It might be hard at first but after a while it will start to be fun!
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    Still one of the best Sonic games, recent Sonic games have gotten better, but they are good in a new and different way, this is easily the best of the classic Sonic games, must have for big fans!
  13. Oct 3, 2012
    So, Sonic Adventure 2 is back. We finally have it up on the XBox Live. For what I've seen, I must say that it didn't get to be the same error as the port of the first Adventure was earlier. This note is quite based on the comparation with experience we've seen with the First Adventure on the PSN/XBLA and Sonic Heroes, that came after the original Adventure 2. Can't say this game is waySo, Sonic Adventure 2 is back. We finally have it up on the XBox Live. For what I've seen, I must say that it didn't get to be the same error as the port of the first Adventure was earlier. This note is quite based on the comparation with experience we've seen with the First Adventure on the PSN/XBLA and Sonic Heroes, that came after the original Adventure 2. Can't say this game is way better or fixed than it was before, but it's a relief to see that this one has not been nerfed in terms of quality like the first Adventure. So, we have HD graphics, trophies (yes, finally a good reason to A-Rank all stages and missions)... But this is all to be there. We got no big news beside the chance to mix the best of the original Dreamcast version with the best of the Gamecube version via DLC. Nonetheless, it did not made the same mistake of becoming the bugmass the first Adventure had become on the PSN/XBLA version. Expand
  14. Nov 19, 2012

1. Mar 20, 2013
    Now that this great title is available with high definition graphics, it's a great way for fans of 3D platformers to spend ten bucks.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Dec 5, 2012
    Time to reassess everything about 2001. [Christmas 2012, p.99]
  3. Oct 25, 2012
    Minor troubles aside, for about ten bucks you get one of the best Sonic experiences, and one that can and will keep you busy for weeks, if you're really want to see everything. If you can get past the camera issues, some control quibbles and the rather boring search for crystals, this will hook you like in the olden days. This reunion might bring with it some surprises, as your memory seems to play tricks on you, but it's still a worthwhile get together.