Sonic Adventure 2 Xbox 360

7.9

1. TPN
    May 20, 2016
    I played the GBC version when I was younger, but I refuse to let nostalgia blind me. I'll admit, the HD looks good. They fixed a couple bugs, too! Only the fun ones. I spent days completing the story, which could have just taken a couple hours, if not for the truly frustrating glitches and broken game play. Some levels are really good, and the chao garden is the best part of the game, byI played the GBC version when I was younger, but I refuse to let nostalgia blind me. I'll admit, the HD looks good. They fixed a couple bugs, too! Only the fun ones. I spent days completing the story, which could have just taken a couple hours, if not for the truly frustrating glitches and broken game play. Some levels are really good, and the chao garden is the best part of the game, by far. But with this 360 re-release removes favorite, but expected to not have, features of the chao garden. I think it was absolutely stupid to release the SA2B version as DLC. No, that doesn't just have the battle mode. It's literally the GBC version of the game!! Why couldn't you just release the GBC version by itself without selling an HD version of the Dreamcast release?? Oh, yeah. Money.

Now, onto the game itself. The graphics are clear, but expect nothing more. They didn't remaster the game, but they made it widescreen, and it looks great! They fixed a lot of fun glitches, but left out some bad ones. 90% of the levels are garbage. 10% are amazing.
    City escape, metal harbor, and the knuckles stages are my favorite ones. Not really much else to say.

Overall, if you have the GBC version and you really don't care about widescreen, then don't get this. It's a waste of time and money.
  2. Oct 7, 2012
    I am truly disappointed with this game, Sonic Adventure (the first one) for the Xbox 360 was perfect in my opinion but this is bad. The story I can't hear at all because the music just drowns it out. The controls are TERRIBLE mostly on the Tail's stages. It seems everything great about the first one on the Xbox 360 was just tore apart and built from scratch on the second one. One thing II am truly disappointed with this game, Sonic Adventure (the first one) for the Xbox 360 was perfect in my opinion but this is bad. The story I can't hear at all because the music just drowns it out. The controls are TERRIBLE mostly on the Tail's stages. It seems everything great about the first one on the Xbox 360 was just tore apart and built from scratch on the second one. One thing I did like is the Sonic stages as I felt they were better than the first Sonic Adventure. Don't get this game on Xbox 360, get it on the Gamecube instead. Expand

1. Mar 20, 2013
    Now that this great title is available with high definition graphics, it's a great way for fans of 3D platformers to spend ten bucks.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Dec 5, 2012
    Time to reassess everything about 2001. [Christmas 2012, p.99]
  3. Oct 25, 2012
    Minor troubles aside, for about ten bucks you get one of the best Sonic experiences, and one that can and will keep you busy for weeks, if you're really want to see everything. If you can get past the camera issues, some control quibbles and the rather boring search for crystals, this will hook you like in the olden days. This reunion might bring with it some surprises, as your memory seems to play tricks on you, but it's still a worthwhile get together.