7.9

1. Nov 20, 2012
    Sonic en zijn sterrencollega
  2. Jul 6, 2013
    Mario Kart meets Diddy Kong Racing, literally. It has some interesting graphics and decors, but the gameplay is way too similar to Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 (Car, boats and planes). Some maps are well-designed but most of them are clones of tracks from the previous game. Don't bother trying to finish all "Rank S" mode in Single-Player, the AI and item pick-ups will rarely play in yourMario Kart meets Diddy Kong Racing, literally. It has some interesting graphics and decors, but the gameplay is way too similar to Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 (Car, boats and planes). Some maps are well-designed but most of them are clones of tracks from the previous game. Don't bother trying to finish all "Rank S" mode in Single-Player, the AI and item pick-ups will rarely play in your favor. I'd suggest a rental at most. Expand
  3. May 19, 2013
    I used to like Sonic. I remember two years earlier (Grade 6) I wore a Sonic hat shaped like his quills to school and pretended me and my friends were Sonic characters, and eagerly awaited Sonic Generations, the one game I was looking forward to the most that year. But I've since changed. Sonic is a game for babies, and yet his fanbase is flooded with whiny and idiotic teens and adults.I used to like Sonic. I remember two years earlier (Grade 6) I wore a Sonic hat shaped like his quills to school and pretended me and my friends were Sonic characters, and eagerly awaited Sonic Generations, the one game I was looking forward to the most that year. But I've since changed. Sonic is a game for babies, and yet his fanbase is flooded with whiny and idiotic teens and adults. Only recently have I decided to stop playing Sonic. Now let's get into reviewing the actual game. It's a TRAINWRECK of a kart racer, a homage to retro Sega, a Sonic game and as a material object. I thought the worst was behind Sonic, and that the future for him looked brighter. Far from it. This is THE worst Sonic game ever made, and one of the worst games in history.
    Let's start off small. The game is a sad and blatant cash grab. It's clearly ripping off Mario Kart 7 with its 'land, air and water' gimmick. Sadly there's no avoiding a comparison between the two games, and it won't be pretty. On one hand, MK7 was a polished and well-made kart racer (possibly the best in the series, even), wheras ASRT is broken, ugly and disgraceful. Oh yeah, you thought Sonic 06 was broken? This one has millions more glitches. MILLIONS. I couldn't play a single race without at least ten glitches. The collision detection dissapears for both objects and item boxes, the vehicle wouldn't transform at the right time (when I come to a body of water, it would stay in car mode, and my character drowned) and sometimes the position ranking doesn't even go up, meaning that you can stay in lead all throughout a race and come in last, all because the position ranking wouldn't move. The all-star moves are a joke. They are seriously downgraded from the first game, because now THEY DO NOTHING. I'm not even joking, they're just eye candy! As far as I'm concerned it's another glitch. I wouldn't be suprised at all. Split-screen multiplayer lags everywhere, making one short race take up to an hour! Online multiplaer is arguably even WORSE. The game was supposed to pay homage to Sega's glory days, back when they didn't suck, but they just ended up ruining all their franchises. I'd give this game a 1 out of 10 if the music was any decent, but it's godawful (enough to make Ke$ha's music seem like a masterpiece), so a 0 it is. One of the worst things ever created.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 23, 2013
    Devilishly hard, but also very rewarding. Sharp controls, sugary colours, plentiful fan service and for the most part highly successful track designs combine to make one excellent arcade racer. [Jan 2013]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jan 19, 2013
    Blue skies, great control and a real challenge - Transformed has all the hallmarks of one of the classic Sega games it brilliantly celebrates. Still, the less devoted may find it too playful for a hardcore racer, or too hardcore for a playful one. [Issue#93, p.81]
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 6, 2013
    Out of three recently released karting games – other two being F1 Racing Stars and LittleBigPlanet Karting – this is the best one, especially if you look at them through the eyes of a real gamer. [1/2013, p.70]