8.1

1. Mar 9, 2012
    This game is one of the most glitch invested games ever made. Just like sonic 06. Do not buy this piece of garbage. Sega hasn't made anything decent since the 90s.
  2. Nov 6, 2011
    Sonic, how it should be. Imagine that the bad 3D running ( hard to stay on a straight line ) level reboots from Sonic 2006 and just about everything that has to do with the New-Gen Sonic then you would have a masterpiece. But (unfortuanetly) all these flaws are there in the game, so they end up stopping the fun and excitement from the 2-D Sonic. Hang in there buddy, maybe SEGA can NOT mess things up just once. Expand
  3. Aug 10, 2012
    I'm not a Sonic fan, let me make that clear first, but I really like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for GC. So, as someone who just kinda looks at Sonic fans from the outside in, I don't see what people see in Sonic Generations. It's not very good,or even half good for that matter. Actually, it's just bad.

It's not as bad as Sonic 06, BUT at least 06 did pay attention to putting together a
    story. A badly written story, but a story none the less. Generations just seems to have abandoned that element and said "Let's just focus all on gameplay." That would be fine, if the gameplay was any fun. That is a failing to a new level, isn't it? The 3D stages with big Sonic are way too linear, even the stage they took from SA2 they found a way to take a lot of the fun out. It's like the drag races from Need for Speed Underground, except less complicated. The 2D small Sonic stages are ok, I guess if you like them, but here's the thing. When I first heard the story was about time travel, then my first thought was, "Oh balls, either there was going to be a bad plot hole, or game play would get frustrating." Low and behold, it was gameplay. Going through a long linear big Sonic stage, then to be suddenly switched to a small Sonic level, forgetting about the fact that little Sonic can't homing attack yet will get really annoying when it sends you into a pit. Also, why did Sonic abandon the spin dash? He could do it in SA2, and it was fun then. The 2D little Sonic stages are still fun because of it. There's also just a problem in the general idea of celebrating Sonic, and that's the bad moments of him are REALLY bad. A level from Sonic 06 was just sitting unironically there for us to celebrate. Uh, Sonic Team... Have you had your delirium pills, lately? Because, asking us to celebrate Sonic 06 is like asking us to celebrate being kicked in the balls by a horse, and then the horse taking $60 dollars out of our wallets. On top of that, why would they bring back what I'm sure to be the two most hated characters in the series? Silver shows up as a boss fight, and Charmy is just there. Also, how does Silver move faster than Sonic? I think they're depending on the time manipulation to cover plot holes, and that's just lazy.

Something just crossed my mind, maybe this game gets good ratings because Sonic has been release horrible games for so long, that anything that's not horrible, just simply bad seems amazing for Sonic. I'm saying the only reason it's got good reviews, is because the bar was set so low, I'm suprised it hasn't been melted in hellfire. Sonic has been rubbing his little blue balls in our face for so long, that it blinded us to the truth. If someone must have new Sonic, a better idea would be to play the old games, then make a story, using Sonic action figures. It'd be better, and wouldn't cost as much as buying this game, and putting up with the crap it gives.
  4. Dec 15, 2012
    Sega has ruined the game. Long and annoying levels; If I use boost, my character will hit something within the next 2 seconds. Sonic is a game about speed and excitement, not about passing (boring) obstacles in the first levels. It takes a lot of time to beat for the low replay value. In fact, this is a short game, but it gets boring, which makes the game hard to be played for more than 1/2 hours. I loved all sonic games, but this game is like is like ''Shadow: The Hedgehog''. Expand
  5. Jan 21, 2012
    Whenever I play it it gets really frustrating trying to jump during the 2D and 3D sections. And whenever I play it my brother comes in the room and grabs the controller from me.... I'm probably going to try and play it later today so I'll re-review this if I finally get a chance to play it.
  6. Nov 14, 2011
    This is another Giimmicky Sonic game. Wow you can play as old and new sonic. A poor game, and not even worth your time playing. The stages are horribly designed, and the 3D sonic levels are a joke. If you're going to get this, wait until it comes down in price, as it is certainly not worth £45.

1. Feb 10, 2012
    You won't be disappointed by the changes that have been made to make this a great experience.
  2. Dec 11, 2011
    Sonic Generations lets you play as two different Sonics, one from the present and one from the past. The first levels are fantastic, but the level design soon gets dull. The time trials and the music is good though.
  3. Dec 9, 2011
    It's somewhat short and the boss battles are truly awful, but otherwise Sonic Generations is a solid platformer. Revisiting old levels is nostalgic and having two Sonics to control is a nice touch. [Dec 2011]