8.7

1. Dec 7, 2014
    This is sonic the hedgehog. The first game in the franchise and it started it pretty well. I hated scrap brain and labyrinth zone but every other stage was good. This is where Sonic started and it ended with Adventure 2.
  2. RedXIII
    Jul 17, 2007
    I am glad they kept this game exactly how it came out all those years ago, it was great then and it is great now. Definitely worth the 400pts, a lot of fun, some of the achieves are hard, but achievements aren't everything.
  3. Aaace5
    Jul 23, 2007
    I've been disappointed with most of the XBLA games, but I am glad Sonic came down the pipe! I give this game a nine not because it's one of the only decent games to come out for Live Arcade, but because I actually had fun with this game after all these years. I can't wait for more games like this to come out. And the price is perfect as well!
  4. Oct 18, 2011
    Ah this is where 16 bit sonic began..... A sonic masterpiece, it's these 16 bit (even the 8 bit master system games also) that keep old sonic fans hoping for the release of another sonic classic..... which we might get with Sonic generations. Until then these classic 16 bit sonics are a must buy for any fan and even those who haven't played the old 16 bit games for the price you just can'tAh this is where 16 bit sonic began..... A sonic masterpiece, it's these 16 bit (even the 8 bit master system games also) that keep old sonic fans hoping for the release of another sonic classic..... which we might get with Sonic generations. Until then these classic 16 bit sonics are a must buy for any fan and even those who haven't played the old 16 bit games for the price you just can't go wrong. Expand
  5. Dec 12, 2011
    What kind of fool DOESN'T like this game? It is, quite simply, a masterpiece. It shone a LOT more brightly than the 16 bit games around at the time, and honestly, every 16 bit Sonic game WAS the best. Such a shame that the franchise went down hill after Sonic Adventure, so nobody remembers legends like these anymore. Long live this fantastic game.
  6. Mar 19, 2016
    The first game in the franchise, and it's certainly... good. People say this is the best Sonic game out there, but to me, this game is just good. It's a great start to the franchise, but just like the original Super Mario Bros, it's pretty simple. Future titles (Future Classic Titles) are better than this game. If you like Mario, then you're gonna love this game. If you're a Sonic fan likeThe first game in the franchise, and it's certainly... good. People say this is the best Sonic game out there, but to me, this game is just good. It's a great start to the franchise, but just like the original Super Mario Bros, it's pretty simple. Future titles (Future Classic Titles) are better than this game. If you like Mario, then you're gonna love this game. If you're a Sonic fan like me, you may or may not be disappointed after playing Sonic 3&Knuckles or Sonic 2 first. Expand

1. For your 400 points you get an absolute nailed-down classic that is, in many respects, just as much fun today as it was back when it was released.
    This isn't the best of the side-scrolling Sonic games, but it still plays great. Even after all these years, I get a thrill running through the old, familiar levels. It's a shame that SEGA and Backbone didn't think to add any bonuses for longtime fans.
  3. It's still Sonic the Hedgehog, and though it's not quite the quintessential Sonic experience, it's still a classic.