4.4

1. Jul 29, 2012
    The saddest thing is that this buggy, incomplete game isn't even Sega's fault. The game was announced for Sonic's 16th birthday, but the fans demanded it to be released for his 15th. Therefore, a year's worth of work couldn't have been done. This, like most Sonic travesties, is because of the fanbase.
  2. Jan 18, 2013
    Not the best, certainly not. The only good thing thing was actually Sonic Gameplay which was pretty good at first but kinda lacked down to due poorly designed levels and it sadly is as much as the entirley awful Silver gameplay and overly heavy Shadow gameplay. The multiplayer was too confusing since the camera wasnt perfection and the characters skills were way too variable. Few LevelsNot the best, certainly not. The only good thing thing was actually Sonic Gameplay which was pretty good at first but kinda lacked down to due poorly designed levels and it sadly is as much as the entirley awful Silver gameplay and overly heavy Shadow gameplay. The multiplayer was too confusing since the camera wasnt perfection and the characters skills were way too variable. Few Levels like Magma Rift and Kingdom valley were kinda unplayable. The models and story and new characters were dumb too. However the music and thrill (only if you play it on a theater with 3D sound and candies around you) was pretty cool. Expand
  3. Dec 6, 2014
    Gameplay 50% : 3
    The Characters´s Main Gameplay is regular, but the Speed Seccion, Skateboarding and Vehicle seccions , are poorly programmed, the load times are too long and .... YEAH THE **** BUGS
    Story: 10%: 3 Positive: Shadow and the Team Dark Unnecessary charcters , the Mephiles's stupid plan, Time Paradox inconsistencies , Princess Elise............................Princess Elise
    Gameplay 50% : 3

Extra 10 % : 5
    The Multiplayer mode : its okay
    The Extra Missions: are okay
  4. Jun 25, 2014
    Really a $18.00 ripoff for me. When I just got this game at Gamestop, the gameplay was really bad with some minor glitches, terrible controls, horrible level design, and a really bad plot. For all the Sonic out there, please don't buy this game.
  5. Mar 22, 2015
    Sonic is introduced to the human world for the first time, (Apparently, neglecting the anime Sonic X, Sonic adventure 1, sonic adventure 2) letting the player control the trio Sonic, Shadow, and newcomer Silver. Throughout all three campaigns the player is told that the world will be destroyed by a monster named Iblis, who is lying dormant inside of the damsel Princess Elise. Its up to theSonic is introduced to the human world for the first time, (Apparently, neglecting the anime Sonic X, Sonic adventure 1, sonic adventure 2) letting the player control the trio Sonic, Shadow, and newcomer Silver. Throughout all three campaigns the player is told that the world will be destroyed by a monster named Iblis, who is lying dormant inside of the damsel Princess Elise. Its up to the trio to stop the antagonists Mephilis and Iblis while trying to find chaos emeralds. Expand
  6. RD
    Feb 4, 2007
    The worst Sonic game I've ever played. Never have I played a game that I've died so much in just by going forward and doing what the game asks me to. I'd rather dust off my old Sega Genesis and play the first four games in the Sonic series than play one level of this game again.
  7. Oct 13, 2014
    Yes, the game has some bugs, but the story is so nice! I love the soundtrack too. Some level are to long and the gameplay of Shadow and Silver isn't so good but the level of Sonic are so nice. I think it's not the best game but a good one!
  8. Aug 22, 2014
    let me make this clear. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2006 Is a GOOD game. the story sucked yes there are (hilarious) glitches yes but i love nearly everything else i kinda liked silver's levels shadow's were good and i loved sonic's story the boss fights were okay and mephiles is a cool character so overall Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 is a good game
  9. Jun 20, 2014
    This good is so good that last time I was at a friends house I just left there for. Now when they see me they shout very mean words, and it hurts my feels.
  10. Oct 18, 2016
    SO. HECKING. GOOD! Don't get me wrong, Sonic Adventure 2 was pretty good. But let's be real, the only outstanding parts of the game were the Big the Cat sections. But this game? It's the best. The story? EPIC. I love how Sonic fell in love with a human girl, it really worked. The gameplay? FANTASTIC! You get to go so fast, and all the characters play really well. Conclusion? THE BEST GAMESO. HECKING. GOOD! Don't get me wrong, Sonic Adventure 2 was pretty good. But let's be real, the only outstanding parts of the game were the Big the Cat sections. But this game? It's the best. The story? EPIC. I love how Sonic fell in love with a human girl, it really worked. The gameplay? FANTASTIC! You get to go so fast, and all the characters play really well. Conclusion? THE BEST GAME OF IT'S TIME! The only Sonic game to succeed this is Sonic Boom. Even if you have played Sonic Boom, this game is a must-play for all living things. I don't care how you get it, GET THIS GAME NOW! Expand
  11. Sam
    Apr 5, 2007
    Despite some solid visuals, the game is awful, broken, and unfinished.
  12. Aug 2, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay a LOT of people hate this game depends on the experience, My PS3 version on one hand is one of the Worst games I've experienced, however the Xbox version is something I truly enjoy and gave me so many new things to like, Mephiles my favorite villain, Silver my favorite hero. Sonic's and Silver's gameplay I really love along with some of the Amiigos,and I really enjoy the open world level design. I love this game and others shouldn't be bashed for loving it like I do, and people need to STOP making troll accounts just to hate on this game, honestly see how many people have this for their only review and it'll all make sense. Seriously also Metacritic needs to check IP addresses because I swear some people are making multiple accounts just to hate on this game and I'm sick of it Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2014
    Best Storyline. Super Music. Cool characters desing. Epickness cutscenes. The great sonic adventure formula. Best then Sonic Lost World and some new of Sonic games.
  14. Sep 3, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best mother **** game of all **** time would play again 10/10 **** my **** i wish this game was longer so i can play forever make a new one please sonic 16 it would be the best just use the old stuff but add more to it (PLEASE SEND HELP) oh ya sonic dies Expand
  15. Feb 18, 2017
    Sonic 06, one of the most hated games by fans and criticized by critics. In my opinion, this game is pretty great. I can easily praise the visuals and catchy soundtracks in this game. There so many glitches to find, but mostly they occur, when you are a reckless player and try to find something negative to criticize it. Glitches didn't really bother me to be honest, the storyline was okay.Sonic 06, one of the most hated games by fans and criticized by critics. In my opinion, this game is pretty great. I can easily praise the visuals and catchy soundtracks in this game. There so many glitches to find, but mostly they occur, when you are a reckless player and try to find something negative to criticize it. Glitches didn't really bother me to be honest, the storyline was okay. Sonic's and Princess Elise's relationship wasn't that good, Elise was a warm, good and loving to others, but her relationship with Sonic was such a disgrace. The kissing scene was pretty disgusting to watch, I would prefer to her tear drop on Sonic's face and ressurrect him. Level designs and scoring system was pretty well. Also adding adding Silver and Blaze in this game gave good impact to the game, His levels were different, they were slow but using telekinesis and manipulating badniks' powers was kinda fun. In overall this game is really amazing and fun to play. Expand
  16. Dec 2, 2012
    Sonic the Hedgehog, more commonly known as "Sonic 06". ...What can I say that hasn't already been said? This game is a buggy mess that, honestly, feels unfinished. Not only was this game rushed to store shelves for a lost cause, but it was doomed from the start. What do you think of when you see or hear of Sonic? I, personally, think of a cartoon; a fictional universe with no necessarySonic the Hedgehog, more commonly known as "Sonic 06". ...What can I say that hasn't already been said? This game is a buggy mess that, honestly, feels unfinished. Not only was this game rushed to store shelves for a lost cause, but it was doomed from the start. What do you think of when you see or hear of Sonic? I, personally, think of a cartoon; a fictional universe with no necessary rhyme or reason to how it operates. It's been like that since the beginning, and even though the Adventure games introduced urbanized locations (and people, for that matter), they mixed... quite well, actually, with Sonic's universe. Or at least, that's how I feel about it. When planning Sonic 06, the developers thought it would be just GREAT if they were to make everything realistic. This, along with the 15-17 different gameplay styles in this game, was more than enough faulty game design to have this game instantly fail.

The plot is a completely different story, on the other hand. Sonic Team must have been so focused on the art direction during the whole development cycle, because this game's story is HORRENDOUS. It's practically nonexistent. It's terribly written with plotholes galore, and it's over the top, even more than SA2 and Shadow's plots. I can go into much more detail, but I think ClementJ642's seven-part review of this game on YouTube does a much better job than what I could ever do. There're no fancy words to describe it: it's just bad. Plain, old, bad writing. Going back to what I mentioned at the top, this game was rushed for a reason. A very unnecessary one, but one nonetheless: they wanted to release this game for both the fairly-new Xbox 360 and brand-new PS3 by the PS3's launch. They went right into development on this game after Shadow the Hedgehog (the video game) was released. Next-gen consoles and a short development time: I think you can see how we ended up with what we got. It's a miracle we can actually finish the game, if you think about it.

You will see people around the internet praising this game for extremely questionable reasons. While I can't tell you their motivations, I CAN tell you that what I'm saying is the truth: my nostalgia goggles are off, I've been researching this for a very long time, and you'll find that what I'm saying agrees with most of the respectable reviewers and commentators on YouTube and such.

I WOULD give this game a 0, but the soundtrack is fantastic. Besides that, it just wouldn't be fair. This is honestly better than Superman 64, but it's certainly no Super Mario Bros. 3 (or Sonic 3, for that matter).
  17. JoshK.
    Dec 4, 2006
    While the gameplay itself is full of technical errors, the sense of speed from Sonic is incredible. The graphics are lush, the levels are big, and the musical score is the best in the series. The storyline is full of plot-holes and confusion, but it doesn't overall hurt the naturality of the game, be it for better or for worse.
  18. Jul 4, 2015
    Even from someone or somebody who hasn't played the game, falling through levels, interrupted controls, self minded cameras, and 20 second load times times 4 to a total of 1 minute and 20 seconds from other people trying to play this mess is just enough for us to decide if we want to play this. This is easily the worst Sonic game. If this was released in 2007, if would've fine. But, no. IEven from someone or somebody who hasn't played the game, falling through levels, interrupted controls, self minded cameras, and 20 second load times times 4 to a total of 1 minute and 20 seconds from other people trying to play this mess is just enough for us to decide if we want to play this. This is easily the worst Sonic game. If this was released in 2007, if would've fine. But, no. I guess it's not worth the effort on solving the game's problems. Princess Elise kissing Sonic will make you regret on watching that Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. The music and Silver the Hedgehog are the only best parts in the game. Silver is actually one of my favorite Sonic characters later on. The music is so great that Sega should reuse it for later games, just like they did on Sonic Generations. Sonic '06 went on and became non-canon to the series' continuity, but that's for the best. Expand
    Dec 31, 2006
    Playing Sonic the Hedgehog, you will find yourself impressed by the moments when the game "gets it right", and frustrated by the many moments in between where it "gets it wrong". If you enjoyed any of Sonic's previous 3D console outings, you will find some enjoyment in this game as well.
  20. Sep 15, 2010
    This was the last use of the great sonic adventure formula, that could have been an excellent game but due to its excessive amount of errors, fails to reach the height of being considered a classic. It has all it needed to be an excellent sonic game, but it was not revised. Yet, I think Sega needs to use again this formula, but revising first for technical issues. Still, this game offersThis was the last use of the great sonic adventure formula, that could have been an excellent game but due to its excessive amount of errors, fails to reach the height of being considered a classic. It has all it needed to be an excellent sonic game, but it was not revised. Yet, I think Sega needs to use again this formula, but revising first for technical issues. Still, this game offers some really nice platforming, great variety in gameplay, a great soundtrack, and a decent story, it all requires is patience. Expand
  21. Dec 4, 2011
    While the game has potential with Adventure-like gameplay, an... interesting story, engaging boss battles, and awesome music, it is riddled with bugs, frequent and long loading times, and poor hit detection, to name a few. Unless you're a die-hard Sonic fan or can ignore the loading times, avoid this one.
  22. Dec 13, 2011
    I got this game and since I got it I never stopped playing it .! I think it is a great game .It takes a long time to beat it .but it is really awesome.
  23. CoreyK.
    Nov 27, 2006
    My only criticism is those annoying soleanna sequences where you have to go around gathering information from townspeople you don't really care about. But the mission sequences are fast and a lot of fun. Especially like being able to be characters other than sonic.
  24. Jan 9, 2011
    Let me say this: I am a hardcore Sonic fan, and I generally like most Sonic games. When I played this though, I caught every single disease in the world. THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE.

OK, this game does have a couple of good things, like the soundtrack is good and one of the levels is fun. And that's it. Otherwise, the level design is terrible - it just doesn't work, and is sometimes way to

Otherwise, the level design is terrible - it just doesn't work, and is sometimes way to hard. The levels are also extremely long - Sonic levels should not last 20 MINUTES. The loading screens - ugh, not only do they last around 25 seconds EACH, but you encounter them EVERYWHERE. And I'm not joking. I was about to play a mission, so a loading screen came up. I suppose that is acceptable. But then, ONE sentence appeared after that loading screen, and once you read that, ANOTHER LOADING SCREEN CAME! Plus, the game is extremely glitchy - I ran into a wall, Sonic stopped, I lost control over the character and shooted straight off the screen. The glitches are even gamebreaking - they are that bad. And the engine is just plain weird - Sonic is very slow, and some of his moves, like the homing dash, do not make sense. When Sonic does a homing dash in other games, he does the dash in mid air, then builds up some momentum after he does that as he falls to the ground. In this game, he does the dash, and then he drops the the floor like a stone. It's annoying, especially if you are trying to reach a further-away area. Plus the dash only reaches a very short distance, so it isn't even worth it. The story is stupid, too - it's confusing and just down-right silly, making no sense whatsoever. Not only that, but Sonic get's KISSED BY A HUMAN. That is the most disgusting, vile sight ever in video-gaming history.

This game is a horrible game and I hope you take my word for it. Trust me - it may seem great when you watch other people play it, but once you actually hold the controller, you will throw up. I hate this game and please, please PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON IT.
  25. Jun 27, 2014
    This game.
    Burn it. Explode it. Bury the remains.
    The only thing this "GAME" has to offer is the...Okay-level voice acting.
    its...not good...at all...
  26. DaveD.
    Jan 28, 2007
    A lot of review's have said that this is god damn awful, not so. okay its not what we were expecting i admit, its broken in places and the storys not interesting enough to engage but it's an above-average platformer and lets face it what much else can u do with Sonic? Its great fun nothing else. oh and it also has great soundtrack. Theres always Sonic 2.
  27. JohnK.
    Nov 20, 2006
    The new Sonic is good, but it isn't the best one of the series. The mach speed areas are a highlight for this game. The camera views are painful a lot of the times. When are they going to fix the camera? Other than that, this game is a must for Sonic fans. Others, I would warrant a rent first.
  28. BartK.
    Jul 9, 2007
    Playing this game I enjoyed the variety of different specialties and attacks based on the character, as well as the dramatic last story and ending, but the town missions and the "human world" takes away some of the luster.
  29. Dec 4, 2012
    Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) was an ambitious game project for Sonic's 15th Anniversary. Although the game attempted to be the biggest and most diverse Sonic experience to date, the game fell flat on its face and bombed hard from being poorly programmed and being in a state that was not anywhere near completion when it was released for sale. The game's story is a convoluted mess of plot holesSonic The Hedgehog (2006) was an ambitious game project for Sonic's 15th Anniversary. Although the game attempted to be the biggest and most diverse Sonic experience to date, the game fell flat on its face and bombed hard from being poorly programmed and being in a state that was not anywhere near completion when it was released for sale. The game's story is a convoluted mess of plot holes and lack of logic, the level design is a death trap of poorly scripted events and bad design choices, the horrible camera system which behaves oddly all the time, the absurdly long loading times which show lack of programming refinement, the multiplayer aspects are completely unbalanced making it broken, the game's controls are destroyed beyond belief, the various kinds of specialized game play styles are incredibly glitchy and even the basic core mechanics of the game don't function correctly. The only factor of this game that is positive is the music which is diverse and is quite a joy to listen to. This game is quite simply almost unplayable as no care at all was put into beta testing to ensure the quality of the product or to ensure everything functioned properly because the company wanted the game on store shelves by a specific date. This game is a slap in the face to all fans of the Sonic The Hedgehog IP as it slowed that the developers where more interested in making money than attempting to release a high quality, properly functioning and enjoyable product. In conclusion, This game is garbage and a waste of money, steer clear of it at all costs. I would give this game a rating of 0 out of 10, but I'll be generous and give it a 1 out of 10 since it had somewhat decent music. Expand
  30. Oct 19, 2014
    Ugh, we're here now, huh? We're at the game that brought a company mascot to his knees, and almost killed him...both figuratively and literally? This game is commonly known as SHYTE, so obviously since I like most Sonic games, I wanted to try it out. There were some things I enjoyed, some things I found mildly annoying, AND SOME THINGS THAT JUST PISSED ME OFF! Lets begin with the story. IUgh, we're here now, huh? We're at the game that brought a company mascot to his knees, and almost killed him...both figuratively and literally? This game is commonly known as SHYTE, so obviously since I like most Sonic games, I wanted to try it out. There were some things I enjoyed, some things I found mildly annoying, AND SOME THINGS THAT JUST PISSED ME OFF! Lets begin with the story. I can see effort was put into it...sometimes...but it simply doesn't work for a Sonic game! I don't see why around the 2000's, Sega kept trying to give Sonic games stories that were WAY too serious. This game along with "Shadow the Hedgehog" is a prime example of it. They took away Shadow's guns luckily, but now he has a motorcycle! UUUHHH!!! The story centres around this weird romance between Sonic and some princess called "Princess Elise". It's a princess in a video game, so we can only count on her getting kidnapped then rescued, right? YES! She gets kidnapped literally five times during sonic's story alone! That's just pathetic, especially for a main character. Luckily, this isn't all that happens, as we're greeted with much more interesting story elements in Silver and Shadow's segments. Not great per say, but not painful! A telekinetic hedgehog named Silver, thinks that killing Sonic will save his world. Shadow basically tries to stop him, but gets sidetracked, as he's being hunted by a mysterious hedgehog called Mephiles. Once again, it's by no means perfect, but soooo much better than Sonic's! Sadly, if they had to have half decent stories, they both had to have worse gameplay than Sonic. Getting into gameplay, I'm surprised to say that Sonic's stages actually have some fun aspects, generally good level design (at times), and some nice replay value, though a huge negative is the constant flow of deaths by an insane amount of glitches. This is something that sadly cannot be said for both Shadow and Silver's campaign, apart from the glitches, since this game is covered with them! The "Sonic Adventure" series had a style of having you play individual stories whenever you want, and once you've finished them all, you'll unlock a mysterious "LAST" story, where you play as all of the characters. It was pretty good design, and I'm happy to say that this game has it too. To end on a slightly better note, I'll simply say this. The graphics are decent for an early Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 game, and this game's music kicks @$$! This game may not be great, but it's a hell of a lot better than most people say! a lot of people think it's the worst game of all time!? really??? Expand
  31. Apr 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Sonic game does not run really great as many people think problems with this game are

*poor camera angles and they tend to be really slow when you move the camera yourself this is quite a pain to see anything
    *some quest's are very hard and annoying to do say you got too find seven or ten kids in a open BIG city and did I say IT'S TIMED, finding them is well quite hard since when you go near them they RUN AWAY from you screaming 'ah Soinc is coming for me'
    *story is a bit like Sonic Adventure one graphics on that game is the same you get a story which you get a lot of items in Sonic Adventure too like the speed shoes that let's you fly through rings in front of you the story is somewhat lacking it's all about speed in some mission's I was doing a mission where you need to open a door for Sonic he was getting chase by a whale in the sea and hitting a switch was on this big tree thing so you had to control Tails for this part as you try to do it lots of robots spam they shooting at you so it's was hard to avoid them and look for the switch at the same time you basicly had like four minutes to look for it or you had to do the same crap again!
    I was really pulling my hair out in shock as I could not do this first time or second time or third so then I finally did it, I got off the game I tryed something better!
    Note to all Sonic fans, this is just another let down game thanks Sega!
  32. Dec 12, 2013
    SEGA made a big mistake by rushing this game out. Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 is not only the worst Sonic Game, but probably one of the worst games period. The story isn't very good, and sometimes doesn't make sense. The gameplay sucks. The game also tries to be way too realistic too. Must i say more, the game sucks, don't buy it!
  33. Jan 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sonic 06 is the worst video game i have ever played. this game turns an aniversary of sega's mascot into a crying shame. this game takes ages to let's play because you spend more time loading than actually playing the game. th story absolutely makes no sense. There is a reason this game almost killed the series.They took everything wrong with the series and put it in one big disappointment. All the glicthes and everything. the only positive thing is the sound track...and youdont even have to buy the game to listen to it. that's the only thing out of this ordeal you would wan't to own. from a platform enthusiast i can say this is the worst game of all time Expand
  34. Jun 5, 2014
    An atrociously badly designed game which left a massive scar on Sonic's legacy, that scar is being healed in more recent Sonic game instalments but this game was the lowest point in Sonic the Hedgehog's series of games. When installed to HDD the massive loading screens are a bit shorter but the game should still be as buggy as ever.
  35. Oct 14, 2015
    Sonic the Hedgehog has been a likable character since the days of the Sega Genesis. Sonic Adventure started out in the Dreamcast and became one of the most successful games on the platform in the mid 1990's. Up until now has Sega released a poorly optimized Sonic game that doesn't stand its own ground thanks to its clunky gameplay and its unfair lives system.

You start off by choosing

You start off by choosing three stories that all have to be completed before you face the final boss of the game. You start off by choosing three main characters; Sonic, Shadow, and Silver. Sure all of these characters maybe fun to play as when you first get the feeling, then comes the gameplay. I personally start off with Sonic to play as first.

The game starts off with a cutscene that looks like a Final Fantasy game; the human characters look atrociously animated and does not feel like you are a playing a Sonic game. A princess named Elise is kidnapped by Dr. Eggman, Sonic must chase and look for princess Elise before anything else goes wrong. The game introduces more characters along the way; such as Tails, Kunkles, Amy etc.

After you finally gain control of Sonic, the game feels extremely sensitive to the controls in which you are controlling. For example, if you slightly tilt the controller, Sonic will walk at a normal pace, but if you hold it all the way forward, he will run so fast that it is really difficult to control him and you will very likely die at multiple sections of the game due to the sensitive controls and movement of Sonic. There are mini-games you can play in the town you are placed in, but why play them? Choosing to accept a mini-game will put you in a twenty second loading screen to read of a short description of that mini-game, but then you have to wait another twenty seconds then fully begin the mini-game. The mini-games themselves don't do very much to help you out; if you could get complete a mini-game in the given time you are supposed to beat, you will be given currency to buy items that could potentially help out Sonic in his quest.

Then there are the HUB worlds, which are not all that great unfortunately. The first level starts out exciting with Sonic going using a loop-de-loop; then he slides on the water to go on the beach to continue the level. The game wants you to have high expectations for the rest of the game, and if does a really great job at that. At one part in the level, you start playing as Tails. Tails is way more sensitive than Sonic, he has a flying ability that is just as clunky as Sonic's movement. Then he has this attack that he uses to throw rings that are used as a bomb. I died multiple times due to a substantial amount of glitches throughout the level. For example, I was playing as Sonic at one point, I noticed this loop I could run up, when I tried going up the loop, I instead teleported somewhere in the water and then drowned and lost a life (which by the way, hedgehogs in real life can swim).

Then I get to the second part of the level where I only have two lives left. I had no idea what I was supposed to do, and the game doesn't explain what is going on. Basically you are placed in a auto-scroller, Sonic moves all by himself and runs so fast that you can only move him left and right. Sonic runs so fast that you literally have to push left or right on your controller to get him where he needs to go. Unfortunately, I lost all of my lives on this section because I hit something and died in one hit, even though I had rings left as health. I lost another life when I was going up on a loop, Sonic was running too close to the left that when he was at the end, he missed the speed-booster and ended up falling in the water, leading me to start the entire start of the game all over again.

I attempted to try and beat this level five times and never got past it. I did try Shadow and Silver's story, but thy are just as broken as Sonic's. As Shadow, he is more sensitive than Sonic, I could assume this because he moves like he is wearing roller-blades. As Silver, he uses a telekinesis power that I thought was unique to his character, but its hit detection is what makes it unbearable to use. Just some examples that could have worked and what could have made the game so much more better.

The original soundtrack for the game is one of the things I actually liked about the game; it could go from very calming to very intense depending on what level you are on. I also liked how you could play multiple characters and all have a different story; I won't spoil anything, but I did find the characters' stories to be interesting and that we get to learn their backstories and what their problems are.

Sega could have made this highly anticipated work. Sonic fans will surely be disappointed by frustrating gameplay and the terrible controls. We will have to see what Sega brings to us next on Sonic's 25th anniversary, maybe they will make the ultimate comeback and bring us a well-though Sonic game for everyone.
  36. Aug 7, 2015
    This game was created for Sonic's 15th. Anniversary, but failed to provide us with fun.
    Storyline: Terrible
    Loading time: Slow. My longest wait was 42 seconds(I counted) Amount of Glitches: 43 Billion This was meant to be a REBOOT for the series but nearly killed it. I would buy another 10 copies of Sonic Boom and complete them than complete this game. I own this game myself and I
    Storyline: Terrible
    Loading time: Slow. My longest wait was 42 seconds(I counted)
    Amount of Glitches: 43 Billion
    I own this game myself and I refuse to put it into my PS3 ever again.
  37. Apr 17, 2015
    in my opinion the game is awesome great leap to high definition only thing annoying Hedgehog game is loading is taking too but has nveles beautifully designed graphics good story spectacular in my opinion is not a bad game
  38. Feb 2, 2016
    This game is the most universally panned Sonic game, other than maybe Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Let me be clear. I am NOT a Sonic fan. I am NOT a Sonic hater. The story for this game is... ugh... well, to be fair, the only reason people hate the story is because of beastiality. If it weren't a Sonic game, if Sonic and friends were replaced with humans (other than the fact that theThis game is the most universally panned Sonic game, other than maybe Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Let me be clear. I am NOT a Sonic fan. I am NOT a Sonic hater. The story for this game is... ugh... well, to be fair, the only reason people hate the story is because of beastiality. If it weren't a Sonic game, if Sonic and friends were replaced with humans (other than the fact that the gameplay wouldn't make sense without Sonic,) no one would have a problem with the story. Or the Hero/Damsel kiss. On to the gameplay! The gameplay is fine. It plays like any other modern Sonic game. The biggest problem is the glitches and load times. This game is filled to the brim with bugs. You can be going at a high speed, experiencing what you want to experience in a Sonic game, but suddenly get hit by... what? Whether this is lag or a glitch can't help this. Sonic Team is about as irresponsible with their games as a crappy "indie" developers on Steam early access. You CANNOT release a game in this state. That is not okay. The load times are, as I mentioned, awful. You can talk to an NPC, load for an annoying amount of time, they say a line or two, and MORE LOADING. It makes you wonder if anyone actually tested the game. The only good parts are the graphics and the gameplay, on the off-chance that the gameplay will work. But wait, Shadow's in it? Silver? This game is the reason FURRIES exist?? Dammit.

There are plenty of fans of this game. These fans are blinded by... I don't know. They like Sonic the Hedgehog so damn much that they can't comprehend how unbearable this game is. Let's get this straight. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to praise the series' embarrassingly wet underwear. I LOVE Pokemon, Mario, and even things that didn't stem from video games, such as DragonBall Z. But even my most beloved titles have Pokemon Rumble U, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, and DragonBall GT. It is okay to dislike your favorite IP's skid marks. This game's condition is inexcusable, so treat it as such.
  39. Aug 12, 2016
    Ahh the most UNDERRATED VIDEOGAME OF ALL TIME I actually enjoyed the story and the gameplay I completed all stories and the last shadows and sonics are awesome well silvers is ok in total the controls are NOT bad like people say even for 2016 standards the graphics are GREAT my only problems are ibilis phase 2 and egg genesis the WORST SONIC BOSSES EVER!!! but ibilis 1 is fun with SilverAhh the most UNDERRATED VIDEOGAME OF ALL TIME I actually enjoyed the story and the gameplay I completed all stories and the last shadows and sonics are awesome well silvers is ok in total the controls are NOT bad like people say even for 2016 standards the graphics are GREAT my only problems are ibilis phase 2 and egg genesis the WORST SONIC BOSSES EVER!!! but ibilis 1 is fun with Silver so in a quick review this game is a fun action platformer with glitches as unnoticeable as a tic and its flaws are Silvers ok story mode and 2 or should I say 3 bosses I HATE HATE HATE! so this game deserves love Expand
  40. Nov 15, 2016
    Amazing, you must buy this game even if you won't have any money after you buy it, great gameplay great loading time great story and greatest twist of all time, and if you think I was being serious your gonna have a bad time
  41. Mar 7, 2017
    This game has ton of glitch's But past that can be a lot of fun as long as you don't run into or find any glitch's. But hey that's my opinion on it and you have yours but I have it for the reason of proving people wrong that Sonic 06 is a good game every one can play.
  42. Mar 8, 2017
    While Sonic 06 received very very harsh criticism and having played it thoroughly, I can understand their point of view, I still enjoyed Sonic 06 to its maximum potential and believe if you look past the multiple glitches, control issues and story line, you have a fantastic game. The music is the best part, and could be one of the best soundtracks in any Sonic game, nothing new here. MyWhile Sonic 06 received very very harsh criticism and having played it thoroughly, I can understand their point of view, I still enjoyed Sonic 06 to its maximum potential and believe if you look past the multiple glitches, control issues and story line, you have a fantastic game. The music is the best part, and could be one of the best soundtracks in any Sonic game, nothing new here. My personal favourite part about Sonic 06 was the level design, something I believe reviewers overlooked. Each level has numerous pathways, shortcuts and hidden areas which add significant amounts of depth to the game. There is also a lot of fine detail put into each level for a 2006 game which is very impressive, in particular the jungle level. The locations are distinctive in nature and I felt I had a great time playing each new level as it felt entirely fresh from the previous level, one of my favourite factors in a platforming game. Overall Sonic 06 is a great time once you overlook the same issues which have been mentioned a million times already. Expand
  43. May 15, 2017
    The music is AWESOME!!! Hands down, the best, of probably ANY video game franchise! 2 of the greatest songs are on there! His World, and Solaris Phase 2, which I happen to be listening too at the song right now! But, the gameplay isn't the best... the music makes up for it.
  44. May 30, 2017
    My Favorite Part was when I was battling Silver and He said "IT'S NO USE!!" Whoever thought of that as Silver's Catchphrase is a true genius..........
  45. Dec 1, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If Forces hadn't been released yet I'd say that 06 is the most unfairly hated Sonic game. However Forces has been released and has met a multitude of bad reviews that have nitpicked it to hell and back because it isn't Mario Odyssey or Sonic Mania. Anyway that makes 06 the second most unfairly hated game since people have started realising that Unleashed was actually really good and Shadow wasn't that bad either.

The glitches: not as prominent as the Game Grumps would have you think. Let me ask you a question, who in their right mind sees a searchlight tower they have been told to destroy with missiles and thinks "hey I'm gonna homing attack it to see if I can make my way up it and destroy the light that way instead". In order to find most glitches in this game you have to try very hard. The box kick for instance requires you to spin-kick on a very specific part of the box and to maintain flight you have to maintain that specific positioning while fighting against Sonic moving off the spot that makes the box fly. The glitches you're likely to find in an ordinary playthrough like the models spasming when you stand on an edge or Shadow's buggy accidentally launching into space (probably more luck was involved here, I only triggered it once but it was hilarious) tend to be only graphical or will be beneficial, including that one I just mentioned where the buggy shot to space. I lost a life but I also lost my sides laughing, it was really funny.

Gameplay: admittedly flawed but still fun. I get that Sonic not having a hurtbox on his jump sucks as do the inverted camera controls and Silver being kinda slow but these are all things you adapt to quickly. Once you're used to the game you can have lots of fun with it, for instance did you know that when Shadow fight Silver you can defeat Silver using only the cargo boxes on the passing trains? 06 gives you plenty of room to have fun your own way or even skip the fun if you really want to, using Sonic's Sky Gem, Shadow's Chaos Spear or Silver's wall-clipping dash thing that's really hard to pull off. My biggest gripe is probably Shadow's slowness, not Silver's. Silver is bearable because his levels aren't designed for speed. Shadow's are and he is far too slow outside of a motorbike. Also Tails and Amy suck to play as cause they're even slower but you don't have to play as them as much.

Story: kiss and time travel conundrums aside pretty good. 06 redeemed Shadow as a character for me, introduced Silver who was really well-written and took me on a bit of a feels trip and Sonic felt like he was actually cool again with his decent roasts mid-bossfight. Tails and Knuckles were kinda useless in Sonic's story but they weren't unwelcome, especially not Knuckles who was actually pretty competent here. The End of the World was where the writing really shone, the characters responded to Sonic's death in a believable manner and it was a bit heartwarming seeing Tails and Knuckles huddling together like brothers or Shadow looking away out of respect.

Music: need I say anything? I think it's universally agreed that 06 had a great soundtrack. That is correct.

Fun factor: through the roof. Immensely replayable, I enjoyed the hardmode level layouts which is something I don't normally do and it was generally and genuinely fun to play.

In conclusion, if you ever want your game to be hated just include a dubious romance subplot and a light sprinkling of graphical glitches and you'll have people wailing both on it and at it even if they've never touched it.
  46. BenG.
    Mar 26, 2007
    This is an action game in which you control a superhero teen hedgehog who travels to an apocalyptic future with his emo rival and runs around highways and caves yelling catch phrases. How can you not consider that righteous or nostalgic? The game looks gorgeous, reeks of attitude, and is easy to play. You will die a lot and wait through a lot of loading screens, but that doesn't take This is an action game in which you control a superhero teen hedgehog who travels to an apocalyptic future with his emo rival and runs around highways and caves yelling catch phrases. How can you not consider that righteous or nostalgic? The game looks gorgeous, reeks of attitude, and is easy to play. You will die a lot and wait through a lot of loading screens, but that doesn't take away the beauty in Sonic The Hedgehog. Expand
  47. IsaiasG.
    Mar 31, 2007
    To me, Sonic the Hedgehog is a great PS3 game, thought I stand corrected about the game being considered great by everyone else, since critics gave it a bad score.
  48. Sep 16, 2010
    A barely playable mess of a game, Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 plays as if it was programmed by monkeys and unfolds as if its narrative was conjured up by a fifteen year old. You'll fall through floors, walk up walls and plummet down bottomless pits countless times. New addition to the series Silver the Hedgehog is as annoying as ever, with gameplay that, in theory, sounds fantastic, but inA barely playable mess of a game, Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 plays as if it was programmed by monkeys and unfolds as if its narrative was conjured up by a fifteen year old. You'll fall through floors, walk up walls and plummet down bottomless pits countless times. New addition to the series Silver the Hedgehog is as annoying as ever, with gameplay that, in theory, sounds fantastic, but in practise is both frustrating and boring. As with Shadow the Hedgehog, this is another Sonic Team title that has only the accompanying soundtrack going good for it. If Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 were to be represented as a mighty tower, it would've fallen down long before workers had even finished building it. Expand
  49. TommyN.
    Feb 23, 2008
    It is a very fun game, but I know it's gone low price because of the loading time, game's glitches & control problems.
  50. AbelD.
    May 22, 2008
    My personal vote for worst game of all time. even when skipping the cutscenes expect to see 6 full minute of loading screen before getting to the first level, at which point you realise the camera was probably designed by a real hedgehog. stay away at all costs.
  51. SomeGuy
    Aug 7, 2008
    Sure it has glitched up control and terrible loading times, but the worst thing about Sonic the Disaster is that it just feels like, a lie. If Sonic Unleashed doesn't turn out to be fun and glitch proof, then Sonic is dead. I want to play a fun Sonic game.
  52. OlteanuBogdan
    Dec 18, 2006
    I'm from Romania and I don't have a PlayStation3 or a XBOX 360, but I am waiting to appear this game in my country. I think in april I can download this game, buy it online or from the stores. I got 130 screenshots with Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 game, 30 little movies and trailers, wallpapers and screensavers. The game has a very good quality, you think Sonic is playing in a realI'm from Romania and I don't have a PlayStation3 or a XBOX 360, but I am waiting to appear this game in my country. I think in april I can download this game, buy it online or from the stores. I got 130 screenshots with Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 game, 30 little movies and trailers, wallpapers and screensavers. The game has a very good quality, you think Sonic is playing in a real world, all the buildings seems to be in details, and the characters are fantastic. I want very musch to play with Knuckles the Echidna, and I have all the game with Sonic(S.Adventure(1 and 2), Sonic Riders, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Advance plus, Sonic Mega Collection plus, and more. I'm a big fan and my dream is to be one of SEGA's character making, and story rider, make games with Sonic and the others. Good luck! Expand
  53. Jan 29, 2013
    It's a terrible game, to say the least. It's hair brained style is stupid, levels feature terrible design and touchy controls, and the story can't be taken seriously at all. The face that 3/4 of the game is also incredibly tedious and no fun at all, this game reeks. It gave us a good laugh (more than once actually), and the soundtrack is the best part of the game, but overall justIt's a terrible game, to say the least. It's hair brained style is stupid, levels feature terrible design and touchy controls, and the story can't be taken seriously at all. The face that 3/4 of the game is also incredibly tedious and no fun at all, this game reeks. It gave us a good laugh (more than once actually), and the soundtrack is the best part of the game, but overall just reeks. It's a mess. Expand
  54. Nov 20, 2011
    Please kill me it hurts to live.

Who let this happen? Who actually tested this and thought "wow, this game isn't utterly awful, I should unleash this upon the general populace" Buy this if you like: terrible broken controls, ridiculous glitches and a camera that seems to realise what an awful game it's in and then proceeds to try and escape from its own personal hell. Do not buy
    Please kill me it hurts to live.

Do not buy if you like: Having fun.
  55. JustinB.
    Nov 15, 2006
    An awe-inspiring continuation of the Sonic series. For every fault in the game, there are many more great moments that nullify any frustration while playing the game.
  56. TomA.
    Nov 22, 2007
    This game is nothing more then a cash in with the name "Sonic the Hedgehog". Sega will never ever come back to it's roots.
  57. Sep 20, 2013
    The graphics look great for a release of early next gen consoles, the soundtrack in this game is memorable and the graphics look amazing. The storyline is disturbing and the gameplay itself is ridiculous!!! The collision detection is horrible and glitches, like the Silver boss battle, is unacceptable and almost unplayable if you use a certain technique.
  58. Oct 26, 2013
    worst sonic game
    i really hate it, it had a horrible gameplay
    it had a good story but i think that sonic team
    could do something better than this
    goddamn why sega??
  59. May 9, 2015
    I remember a few years ago, I watched one of the trailers of the game, and I thought it looked awesome. I never decided to look up game play, and I pretty much thought it was going to be the best game ever. Then, my 9 year old mind was blown on how bad it was. The game was hardly playable and the controls were really clunky. It took me ages to beat the first level because I had so muchI remember a few years ago, I watched one of the trailers of the game, and I thought it looked awesome. I never decided to look up game play, and I pretty much thought it was going to be the best game ever. Then, my 9 year old mind was blown on how bad it was. The game was hardly playable and the controls were really clunky. It took me ages to beat the first level because I had so much trouble trying to fly Tails. No wonder the game has such a bad reputation. I'm still a big Sonic fan, modern and classic, but this is a huge blemish on a great game series. Even though the soundtrack was great. Expand
  60. Aug 5, 2016
    So uh I love this game because of how broken it is, I didn't find the controls terrible just little too precise, the story is a plot hole ridden mess but I enjoyed it, the bosses are a mixed bag, the soundtrack **** awesome everyone can agree on that. So uhh yeah I love this game, and I'm not ashamed, let's keep in mind that everyone saying a games terrible isn't fact it's an opinion, andSo uh I love this game because of how broken it is, I didn't find the controls terrible just little too precise, the story is a plot hole ridden mess but I enjoyed it, the bosses are a mixed bag, the soundtrack **** awesome everyone can agree on that. So uhh yeah I love this game, and I'm not ashamed, let's keep in mind that everyone saying a games terrible isn't fact it's an opinion, and that's my opinion! Expand
  61. RKF
    Aug 20, 2007
    Amazing game. Could never say Sonic is a bad game but one thing that really ticks me off is the loading. Worst of all, if you do a challenge. It will load, then the person will give you a one liner on what you have to do, then it will load again! It's even worse if you fail the mission because you've go to go through it all over again. Another thing is the silly mini-games. Amazing game. Could never say Sonic is a bad game but one thing that really ticks me off is the loading. Worst of all, if you do a challenge. It will load, then the person will give you a one liner on what you have to do, then it will load again! It's even worse if you fail the mission because you've go to go through it all over again. Another thing is the silly mini-games. Sonic has to save the world BUT before he does, he has the option of solving a silly puzzle? The Stages are amazing though. Beautiful graphics. Expand
  62. Laura
    Jun 24, 2007
    I haven't played the game (since I don't have a next-gen system) but by looking at the cutscenes and the gameplay, I can already tell this is an awesome game. Sure they use the terrible 4Kids voices for the cast but Silver's, Blaze's and Eggman's really isn't all that bad (for 4Kids actors). The cutscenes graphics are amazing, they come so close to the actual I haven't played the game (since I don't have a next-gen system) but by looking at the cutscenes and the gameplay, I can already tell this is an awesome game. Sure they use the terrible 4Kids voices for the cast but Silver's, Blaze's and Eggman's really isn't all that bad (for 4Kids actors). The cutscenes graphics are amazing, they come so close to the actual graphics in the game play that it really blew my mind. Not to mention that this game had Orchestral music and that always wins me over. I have been a Sonic fan since the early 2000's and I am still hooked. Just because the critics give it a bad rating, doesn't mean it should drive fans away. I think that this is a really promising game, and I hope there are more like this one in the near future. Expand
  63. Nov 8, 2011
    zomg its the best sawnik game ever. go get it now. really. k thx bai.................................. you can probably get it for free in a gamestop dumpster fyi.
  64. Nov 17, 2011
    This is a truly awful game. The Cutscenes are the only good parts. The in game graphics are worse than some SD wii games. The gameplay is so boring, and bad level design causes you to die again and again and again, making you endure a long loading screen. Shadow the Hedgehog is far better than this game, I reccomend that instead.
  65. Dec 4, 2011
    Its easy to say that this game is the worst Sonic game ever made, but its hard saying why, well this is my opinion the game doesn't suck that bad.
    Let me explain, yes its true the games has some strange glitches and some weird physic problems that can ruin our game play but nothing that deserves such hate and rage I saw worse and played worse really, the music is awesome and the graphics are amazing this game was made in 2005!
    Now the gameplay isn't that bad it reminds me of Sonic Adventure mixed with Sonic Heroes (which was a Great game), the homing attack isn't bad and the only complain I have is the speed cuz Sonic is supposed to be fast but in this game Sonic is "WAY TO SLOW" but the speed stages are good enough yes they're hard but nothing bad, if you say such things as " I DIED TO MUCH" maybe you just suck at Sonic games man or girl or Futa...
    The story is awesome! Well...*ahem* to be fair the only thing wrong with the story is Elise cuz she makes weak because he need to protect her all the time, they also have a strange zoophilia relation but c'mon would you kill Roger Rabbit?
    The game suffers from "Loading as **** problem and that's the only thing I really hate on the game!
    But guys you need to know something this game suffered from hate propaganda made by classic fans, they were spreading their opinion and many people followed their opinion without playing the game properly.
    This is all really the game is so over rated and it doesn't deserve all this hate aits not that bad so stop **** and play the game like this!
  66. Aug 8, 2012
    i nEver play s0nic 6 but i know it is the best gamez of all time cuz of teh graphics you shoud r3ad this hole th!ng in one goez cuz this will blow ur **** mind i hav no comas 2 make tis the best review ever are you ready to hav ur mind blown 2 pieces well getz ready ur mind will be blown 2 pieces. u wont even be able 2 find the pieces sonic 64 is teh best game of all timez becuz of itsi nEver play s0nic 6 but i know it is the best gamez of all time cuz of teh graphics you shoud r3ad this hole th!ng in one goez cuz this will blow ur **** mind i hav no comas 2 make tis the best review ever are you ready to hav ur mind blown 2 pieces well getz ready ur mind will be blown 2 pieces. u wont even be able 2 find the pieces sonic 64 is teh best game of all timez becuz of its graphicz it haz better graphics then **** of duty 2 u should toats play it if tat not enough 2 change ur mind then be mind blown robotnikz speed traps constantly get u stuck in wallz and floorz u should toats play it it be teh best gamez of all time everyone play the dang game kthxbai tat is mai review also dont breathe and stay frosty kthxbai ;) Expand
  67. Jan 30, 2013
    This was the first game I have ever played on the Xbox 360. What away to start off! Awful gameplay, horrendous story, crappy controls, and the list goes on. There are some bad Sonic games out there and it just so happens I own a good chunk of them. With those games, there were bad, but at least some had a replay value. This game should not even Exist!!!! This game is complete garbage! It'sThis was the first game I have ever played on the Xbox 360. What away to start off! Awful gameplay, horrendous story, crappy controls, and the list goes on. There are some bad Sonic games out there and it just so happens I own a good chunk of them. With those games, there were bad, but at least some had a replay value. This game should not even Exist!!!! This game is complete garbage! It's insulting to all the Sonic fans out there! If there is one GOOD thing about the game is the graphics. Its of the better looking Sonic games out there, but graphics don't make a great game. Game is bad, do not I repeat DO NOT buy this game! Expand
  68. Oct 20, 2014
    I hate this game it was so unplayable, so poorly programmed and a storyline that would be laughed off a fan fiction site how sega though this was acceptable is unbelievable
  69. May 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing music as usual, fun gameplay, but the game could have been better overall. Voices don't match up with mouths at times; average to awful voice acting; forced to play as other characters in many levels, even though it should be only the character you actually chose to play as; the sonic-elise relationship was cringe-worthy and annoyin; character models were average if not bad, especially Elise's; shadow feels like they are forcing you to use vehicles instead of your normal speed, and while some parts with it work, others shouldn't even be attempted; annoying to fight enemies; some slow parts; when climbing walls with rouge or knuckles it can be hard to jump off; bad controls; average storyline; some stages are recycled with other characters; NPC's simply say "Hey." in the same voice and an extremely long amount of text while moving their hands and mouth randomly, rather than actually making the voices, mouths, and hands be unique and work in sync; knuckles and rouge never get to hunt for emeralds; obvious often stated; loading takes forever; side missions tedious; AI followers often dying many times because they don't realize there is in fact an ability to jump;;;;Other than that it's fine.
    ----Bottom line. It's average. Not as bad as many say it is, but still sort of bad. Rent it if you think you like it. Sega really should have polished it way more than they actually did.
  70. Oct 18, 2010
    Do not buy this game. Avoid at all costs. This game has been known to ruin your childhood. The dark overtones are unfitting in a Sonic game, the controls are absolutely horrible, the art design is uninspired and grim, and just about the only thing redeemable about this game is the music, and even then, Sonic games are known for good soundtracks, so this isn't saying much. This game shouldDo not buy this game. Avoid at all costs. This game has been known to ruin your childhood. The dark overtones are unfitting in a Sonic game, the controls are absolutely horrible, the art design is uninspired and grim, and just about the only thing redeemable about this game is the music, and even then, Sonic games are known for good soundtracks, so this isn't saying much. This game should have never existed Expand
  71. Nov 5, 2011
    Saying that this game is horrible is an understatement, didn't the folks at SEGA did a QA on this one?
    Horrible physics, AWFUL load times, PS1 animations, crappy hit detection. only things going for it are the cutscenes and the soundtrack. IT'S NO USE! TAKE THIS!
    Absolute Zero for this garbage.
  72. Jul 6, 2012
    I played this game. Very good graphics, great story line, and especially great game play. I don't understand why people HATE this game. This is my absolute favorite game ever. And Silver is not a useless or stupid character. For example, he has the COOLEST powers ever. He is just naive, that's what people don't like about him. Mephiles was a great villain in the game and hard to battle,I played this game. Very good graphics, great story line, and especially great game play. I don't understand why people HATE this game. This is my absolute favorite game ever. And Silver is not a useless or stupid character. For example, he has the COOLEST powers ever. He is just naive, that's what people don't like about him. Mephiles was a great villain in the game and hard to battle, which is reasonable. Mephiles sure is a lot better of a villain than Dr. Eggman, because Eggman tried to defeat Sonic for years, and Mephiles just kills him like that... I rate this game 10 out of 10. Expand
  73. Aug 15, 2014
    **** anyone who would play this raging game i feel like a have a angerism god this game is the devil spawn anyone who wants to buy this game die in a hole you cock sucking smug prick you sonic **** boys
  74. May 14, 2012
    This Sonic Game may have a lot of hate, but let me tell you this....I LOVE THIS GAME!!! Its one of my Favorite Sonic Games. Not trying to be a Sonic Fanboy, but its true. Silver is Cool, Shadow is Great and Sonic is AWESOME!! Same thing goes to the PS3 version. I did played the Xbox 360 version
  75. Dec 16, 2013
    as a sonic fan from the end of sonics 2d world im going to defend this game with 1 single word rushed sonic fans are one fan base you should not try to understand they are evil stupid and most of all annoying as hell sega pushed this game out of the window as fast as possible to shut the sonic fan base up so 7 from me
  76. ACE5
    Dec 22, 2006
    The console is powerful, but sonic is like an old athlete that needs to adapt it's play to hang with the new blood. Sonic needs to face it, when it was new to the game it had speed on it's side, know it has to rely on out thinking it's opponent. Sonic can still use his speed but he has to learn how to diversify his play in a meaningful way. Hopefully he will make a comeback The console is powerful, but sonic is like an old athlete that needs to adapt it's play to hang with the new blood. Sonic needs to face it, when it was new to the game it had speed on it's side, know it has to rely on out thinking it's opponent. Sonic can still use his speed but he has to learn how to diversify his play in a meaningful way. Hopefully he will make a comeback like lara croft. Expand
  77. JeanPierreD.
    Dec 23, 2006
    The game is boring,It may look cool but really theres no action,This game is for emos,Shadow is still emo and everything!
  78. AlanJ.
    Nov 29, 2007
    This game sucks, all of you should know that SA2 Battle is way, way better then this game. Sonic on the xbox 360 is a joke and you all should be sad how Sega rushed this game and how 4kids done the stupid voice acting.
  79. TommyF.
    Feb 6, 2008
    Good story, but bad sensitivity.
  80. LawrenceA.
    Dec 4, 2006
    The control and camera almost make this game unplayable. A Sonic RPG, terrible.
  81. JoaoR.
    Jun 14, 2007
    Since Sonic adventure released for dreamcast i have been adicted to sonic 3d series. i knew that it was not a great game. i always knew that later there would be better sonic 3d games... but.... when i bought this game "The new next gen sonic the hedgehog" i was Really disapointed so many bugs, loadings, story with no sense at all, unsufficient sound effects... it was like if no one of Since Sonic adventure released for dreamcast i have been adicted to sonic 3d series. i knew that it was not a great game. i always knew that later there would be better sonic 3d games... but.... when i bought this game "The new next gen sonic the hedgehog" i was Really disapointed so many bugs, loadings, story with no sense at all, unsufficient sound effects... it was like if no one of the game makers had played the game before releasing it. its lika a beta game... so bad. Expand
  82. DarrenD.
    Sep 30, 2007
    One of the worst games out for the 360 by far. The camera and loading times spoil the game. Avoid like the plague.
  83. BobSaget
    Mar 16, 2008
    Don't waste money on this game. Simply put, it's too uncontrollable to be considered anything remotely better than a waste of time. The camera angles are irritating and destructive, the game looks uninspired and the gameplay itself is the typical Sonic play rehashed until death, done much worse than ever before. If you want to play a Sonic game, I'd recommend Sonic Don't waste money on this game. Simply put, it's too uncontrollable to be considered anything remotely better than a waste of time. The camera angles are irritating and destructive, the game looks uninspired and the gameplay itself is the typical Sonic play rehashed until death, done much worse than ever before. If you want to play a Sonic game, I'd recommend Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Expand
  84. AnonY.
    Jun 3, 2008
    This game is garbage. The controls are awkward at best and useless at worst, it makes excessive use of artificial difficulty, the game is horribly buggy, and the camera is useless when it's not being intentionally harmful. Of course, my biggest beef with it is that the loading times are as long as they are frequent. The average mini-mission goes like this: Talk to person and accept This game is garbage. The controls are awkward at best and useless at worst, it makes excessive use of artificial difficulty, the game is horribly buggy, and the camera is useless when it's not being intentionally harmful. Of course, my biggest beef with it is that the loading times are as long as they are frequent. The average mini-mission goes like this: Talk to person and accept mission, loading time, person restates what they just said, loading time, the mission starts, the mission ends, the game tells you how well you did, loading time, the person congratulates you, loading time, back to the main game. If you beat a boss (In spite of the game's 'hints' telling you to do things which are useless, like attacking the head of a boss that can only be affected at all by ramming it into the wall), then you have to wait through loading in order to see it's dying animation. The story is as embarrassingly bad as the dialog, and the levels are of the "Push forward to win" variety. Sonic Team is quickly becoming the Uwe Boll of game developers, and they need to either let the franchise die or hand it off to somebody who knows what they're doing. Expand
  85. BryanM.
    Nov 20, 2006
    This sonic is one of the best. it just does not live up to the hype. they should have not rushed it. the graphics are not that good, and the controls stink.but if your a true sonic fan this game is for you.
  86. MarkH.
    Nov 22, 2006
    An awful camera and graphical glitches show why this game is destined for the bargain bin, then hopefully the trash bin.
  87. AVideoGameCritic
    Nov 11, 2007
    Despite some decent gameplay from the other characters, they just can't save the broken nature of this game. The game's a complete mess in every category, and the awful camera, the boring Adventure Fields, the long load times, the uninspired levels, the lack of speed, the glitches, and the lame bosses are present in every adventure in this game. The game's a train wreck and Despite some decent gameplay from the other characters, they just can't save the broken nature of this game. The game's a complete mess in every category, and the awful camera, the boring Adventure Fields, the long load times, the uninspired levels, the lack of speed, the glitches, and the lame bosses are present in every adventure in this game. The game's a train wreck and even if it had been granted a delay, it still wouldn't have really benefitted much from it; a complete re-design is what this game needed. Words can not describe how terrible Sonic's adventure is in this game. Expand
  88. Nov 21, 2010
    I'm a huge sonic fan, but even I can't forgive alot of the faults in this game. This game was suppost to be fixes of wrongs by Sonic Adventure but really, it failed worse than that series.Sonic Adventure 1 was a great game in my opinion, adventure 2 was ok but I hated emerald searching and mechs, but this game's load times just make this game something unbarable. If you can get past theI'm a huge sonic fan, but even I can't forgive alot of the faults in this game. This game was suppost to be fixes of wrongs by Sonic Adventure but really, it failed worse than that series.Sonic Adventure 1 was a great game in my opinion, adventure 2 was ok but I hated emerald searching and mechs, but this game's load times just make this game something unbarable. If you can get past the very unbearable load times though, this game just so happens to be a very beautiful looking game with a great story and fun gameplay...but yet again, if you can bare the TERRIBLE load times. Expand
  89. Jun 7, 2011
    OK lemmie start by saying my die count is probably 90000, I freaking HATE IT!it sooo stupid it's just......AAAA Sega must have hired mental people to make this freaking game!
  90. Apr 17, 2013
    I have to say, I really, REALLY enjoyed this game and it is probably my second favourite Sonic game EVER MADE.

Why? 1) The characters and storyline are fantastic (save for perhaps the Elise and Sonic combination) 2) The levels are imaginative and intelligent Silver's are great as well. 3) The music is superlative. 4) Beautiful graphics. So... why only 8? Well, the

Why?

2) The levels are imaginative and intelligent Silver's are great as well.

3) The music is superlative.

4) Beautiful graphics.

So... why only 8?

Well, the game is simply unfinished. I think that's its largest flaw by far. It's like playing a beta version. If you can deal with bugs, then I think you'll enjoy it much more. The storyline also has some issues and Shadow's levels are a bit dull.

Overall though only Sonic Adventure 2 tops this in the Sonic series in my opinion. A wasted opportunity, yes, and much less impressive than it SHOULD have been, but an unpolished diamond is still a diamond
  91. Sep 5, 2011
    As a hardcore Sonic fan, it really pains me to say this, after defending such games as 'Shadow the Hedgehog' and 'Sonic Heroes', but Sonic 2006 is possibly the worst game I at any point WANTED to play. While the game itself looks pretty, it conceals what is most likely a beta copy of the game slapped together for a holiday release. The game itself has only a couple of redeeming features.As a hardcore Sonic fan, it really pains me to say this, after defending such games as 'Shadow the Hedgehog' and 'Sonic Heroes', but Sonic 2006 is possibly the worst game I at any point WANTED to play. While the game itself looks pretty, it conceals what is most likely a beta copy of the game slapped together for a holiday release. The game itself has only a couple of redeeming features. The music for one, is good, which is to be expected from a Sonic game, and on the whole, the visuals are quite lush. However aesthetic touches do not a game make. The game is marred by so many flaws that listing them would take longer than for you to rent the game and see for yourself, but I'd rather not subject you to that, so lets take a look. The first problem noticeable is the load times. Assuming you played thorough the entire game, you'd probably spent a good 10 percent of the time waiting for the game to load. I'm used to long load times, but it loads at every. single. possible. point. Additionally, I'd expect this kind of problem from the Xbox, PS2, or Gamecube. Not a seventh-gen console. The story sounds like a piece of fanfiction gone slightly south. The uncomfortable, almost romantic moments between human Elise and Hedgehog Sonic made me more than uncomfortable playing this game, and new character Silver feels like everything wrong with an Original Character only more pronounced and with an irritating voice to match. I'd normally look past both of these problems, or at lease not notice them as much, if the gameplay was good. Finding redeeming qualities in a mess of vague objectives, bad maps, lousy camera angles, wonky controls, and mind-blowingly irritating stages where a single hit will kill you can be somewhat challenging, and I doubt I have the skill for it. Other features of the game lack thought as well. While the game keeps the previous grading system featured in past games, in also attaches a monetary value of rings, used to purchase upgrades at shops as opposed to finding them in stages in the past. This feature feels odd for a Sonic game and feels like an unneeded time waster. While 'Sonic Adventure' had a World Map, which had the upgrades scattered about, it was at least mostly navigable. Additionally, the games side-quests, which feature such tasks as defeating robots or passing through rings, are again subject to the load times and control issues the action stages have. It's hard to go to far into the plot without spoiling any of it, though the game does an ample job of that for you, but it feels rushed, cliched, and overwrought. Silver 'Gary Stu' the Hedgehog is sent back in time to stop the Ilbis trigger from destroying his world in the future. This is one of about six plots that the game has at once, and it manages to botch them each in a very special way. The story is divided into three story modes, somewhat similar to Sonic Adventure 2, focusing on Sonic, Shadow, and Silver, the Hedgehog's, which I believe is also the name of a late 90's sitcom. Sonic's story revolves around saving the aforementioned Princess and Human/Animal love activist Elise from the eeeee-vile clutches of Doctor Eggman. Shadow's involves a demon sealed inside a resident MacGuffin who once released takes the form of a ethereal Shadow, and proceeds to wreck havoc on the game's inhabitants, its plot, and several decades of literary advancement in storytelling and plot structure. Silver's story involves attempting to kill titular protagonist Sonic, and saving his distopian future all while being a poster boy for teenage angst. The game is noticeably darker than previous entries in the series and fails to do it with the excellent storytelling of the second 'Adventure' game. It doesn't work well in a game who's target demographics are either overly saturated to such plots or prefer the more bright tone in earlier games. To add insult to injury, the game is riddled with bugs and glitches, and the lack of an autosave feature can make redoing challenging stages a likely prospect. Even hardcore Sonic fans should really consider what they're getting into before delving into this mess. In short, the game's pleasant outward appearance doesn't make up for a game that lacks any true appeal, and is one that few should buy, fewer should play, and almost none will enjoy. Expand
  92. Dec 8, 2011
    I'm not going to even dive into a deep review here, but I'll say this: you're a complete and utter idiot if you find this glitchy piece of crap fun. IT'S NOT EVEN GOT A FINISHED PHYSICS ENGINE, FOR GOD SAKE. Seriously, you can run at top speed in a tight circle because the programmers forgot to program it. This game is a piece of sh*t and I hope anyone who reads this review will take theI'm not going to even dive into a deep review here, but I'll say this: you're a complete and utter idiot if you find this glitchy piece of crap fun. IT'S NOT EVEN GOT A FINISHED PHYSICS ENGINE, FOR GOD SAKE. Seriously, you can run at top speed in a tight circle because the programmers forgot to program it. This game is a piece of sh*t and I hope anyone who reads this review will take the right option of not playing it. Expand
  93. Nov 30, 2012
    This game isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. While usually glitchy, the game is still pretty fun & some of the glitches are fun themselves. The story isn't that bad, it was actually decent but parts of the story are pretty awkward, but other parts are actually pretty good. I will say this absolutely isn't the best Sonic game, but it isn't the worst either. I liked it, I doThis game isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. While usually glitchy, the game is still pretty fun & some of the glitches are fun themselves. The story isn't that bad, it was actually decent but parts of the story are pretty awkward, but other parts are actually pretty good. I will say this absolutely isn't the best Sonic game, but it isn't the worst either. I liked it, I do think it feels rushed so it could be a launch title for Xbox 360 & PS3, there are things that are wrong with it, but the best way to describe it is it's a decent game that has Sonic Adventure-esque gameplay (though not as good as Adventure). And to those who keep hearing Sonic & Elise made out or anything like that, it was a simple, yet still awkward two-second long kiss, it's easy to look past it & get on with the game. Expand
  94. Feb 8, 2012
    I don't think I've hated a game more than this one. I love videogames and I friggin love sonic but this is such a sad excuse for a game. Frustrating on so many levels, avoid this like your life depends on it.
  95. Jan 22, 2012
    Absolute CRAP! This was actually the very first game i played on the 360 when i got it back in 06, and boy was I discouraged to even play another launch title. I remeber being truly confused when I played this game. I just kept dying and i didn't know why. I did what was asked but i guess that wasn't good enough to please the games controls and camera(which is the main antagonist in thisAbsolute CRAP! This was actually the very first game i played on the 360 when i got it back in 06, and boy was I discouraged to even play another launch title. I remeber being truly confused when I played this game. I just kept dying and i didn't know why. I did what was asked but i guess that wasn't good enough to please the games controls and camera(which is the main antagonist in this game) and the load times, ohhh dont get me started on the load screens. Overall, never in a millions years did i think i would ever hate a Sonic game, but mission accomplished SEGA. Expand
  96. Mar 6, 2012
    I'm a Sonic fan and i really like the series, but seriously, are you **** kidding me Sega?! The characters has bad movements, the voice acting is bad and Eggman is... thin. Oh come on!!! I give it a 2 only because i like the soundtrack.
  97. Mar 31, 2012
    The only reason why I?m giving it a 4 it's because of the glitches that make the game literally unplayable and abnormal loading times. Seriously, it takes more than 5 minute sto load a section that will last you 20 seconds! The issue is that this game was rushed. If it wasn't, it might've gotten a 7. The gameplays are diverse and interesting and the replay value WOULD be huge. But no,The only reason why I?m giving it a 4 it's because of the glitches that make the game literally unplayable and abnormal loading times. Seriously, it takes more than 5 minute sto load a section that will last you 20 seconds! The issue is that this game was rushed. If it wasn't, it might've gotten a 7. The gameplays are diverse and interesting and the replay value WOULD be huge. But no, SEGA, you wanted to make Sonic's 15th anniversary a big event. Well you did, but for all the wrong reasons. Expand
  98. Jul 10, 2012
    To put it simple: this game is not AS bad as a lot of people say it is. From all of those glitches and bugs I've personally only encountered two serious. The controls need a little time to get used to, but after that they have nearly no issues. There are indeed long loading times, but installing the game on Hard Drive really helps in this situation. Other aspects: Music is great, story isTo put it simple: this game is not AS bad as a lot of people say it is. From all of those glitches and bugs I've personally only encountered two serious. The controls need a little time to get used to, but after that they have nearly no issues. There are indeed long loading times, but installing the game on Hard Drive really helps in this situation. Other aspects: Music is great, story is good, voices are good, gameplay feels exactly as Sonic Adventure. It's not brilliant, but it's much better that most people think. Expand
  99. Aug 29, 2013
    [4.1] Even for an early Xbox 360 title this game seems exceptionally lazy. I would never expect Sega to produce a game comparable to a spin-off of a movie, especially not one that represents their most revered franchise. This game has too much of too little and is not worth playing.
  100. Jun 16, 2013
    Game Grumps inspired me to try out the game to see just how bad it really was. I found a used copy and attempted to play it. I started regretting it after the first 5 minutes. My advice, just watch the GG videos and save your money.

If only the developers had focused on delivering a simple, fun experience rather than trying to create something far beyond their reach.
  2. Not only are the voices horrible, as is the case for most Sonic games, but the story makes very little sense. It’s like if you took any basic Nintendo story like Mario saving the Princess, lengthened it to several hours long, and filled it with mindless details that make no logical sense at all.
  3. Atrocious camera angles lead to cheap deaths, the slippery controls make it difficult to get a handle on the characters and the game has a large problem with pacing. It tries to mix in side missions with general stages, and the disastrous results ruin the game.