Sonic the Hedgehog Xbox 360

4.4

1. Feb 18, 2016
    If you're a Sonic fan or not, you'll most likely be disappointed with this lazily rushed game. Because there's another game with the same name (there's a 1991 game of the same name on the Sega Genesis), people commonly call it Sonic 2006 or Sonic 06 or whatever. This is by far the worst installment to celebrate an anniversary on a franchise ever. (It was made to celebrate 15 years of theIf you're a Sonic fan or not, you'll most likely be disappointed with this lazily rushed game. Because there's another game with the same name (there's a 1991 game of the same name on the Sega Genesis), people commonly call it Sonic 2006 or Sonic 06 or whatever. This is by far the worst installment to celebrate an anniversary on a franchise ever. (It was made to celebrate 15 years of the hedgehog).

It did, on the other hand, generates us some good ideas. That's the good part about this game. Sadly, everything else is most likely ruined thanks to Sega rushing on the game.
  2. Apr 4, 2016
    This was the game that really started to ruin sonics legacy. We are probably never going to get a good sonic game are we. Or even a good show. It glitches, storyline sucks, and gameplay is terrible.
  3. Oct 20, 2014
    I hate this game it was so unplayable, so poorly programmed and a storyline that would be laughed off a fan fiction site how sega though this was acceptable is unbelievable
  4. Feb 8, 2012
    I don't think I've hated a game more than this one. I love videogames and I friggin love sonic but this is such a sad excuse for a game. Frustrating on so many levels, avoid this like your life depends on it.
  5. Apr 11, 2015
    sonic 06 is one of the worst game ever made. it's loading takes to long the gameplay is broken. it just so not fun and just horrible do not play this game.
  6. Apr 9, 2013
    Jesus Christ. If you want to see play this game. The gameplay is boring, frustrating and stupid. Usually, I'm a fan of Sonic, but damn, this has got to be one of the worst games I've ever played. I don't play that many terrible games. This is the reason My mind, eyes and ears have been brutally raped
  7. Aug 29, 2013
    [4.1] Even for an early Xbox 360 title this game seems exceptionally lazy. I would never expect Sega to produce a game comparable to a spin-off of a movie, especially not one that represents their most revered franchise. This game has too much of too little and is not worth playing.
  8. Apr 21, 2014
    the cut scenes looked nice, silver is a pretty cool character and the soundtrack is awesome, but everything else is a complete disappointment. the camera angles are so bad that it will be the death of you in every situation, not because you were genuinely out matched, but because the camera angles suck, the controls have taken a step back since sonic adventure two battle and feel awkward.the cut scenes looked nice, silver is a pretty cool character and the soundtrack is awesome, but everything else is a complete disappointment. the camera angles are so bad that it will be the death of you in every situation, not because you were genuinely out matched, but because the camera angles suck, the controls have taken a step back since sonic adventure two battle and feel awkward. the city that you can roam around in is completely lifeless. this game is just awful, and was the death of the franchise Expand
  9. Jan 8, 2016
    Now let me tell you, this is better than sonic boom: rise of the lyrics, but this game IS AWFUL!

Graphics (3/10) Even though the graphics are good, I think they are only focused on the graphics, not the Gameplay. Soundtrack (10/10) Very good soundtrack. Gameplay (0/10) This game is a buggy mess, and loading takes over a minute to load (well for me at least) Story

Graphics (3/10)

Soundtrack (10/10)

Very good soundtrack.

Gameplay (0/10)

Story (0/10)

Story is awful and confusing

10. Oct 26, 2013
    worst sonic game
    i really hate it, it had a horrible gameplay
    it had a good story but i think that sonic team
    could do something better than this
    goddamn why sega??
  11. Jun 15, 2014
    I really feel bad for this game. Such a highly anticipated game that fell incredibly short due to how badly the game was dealt with it's programming and questionable design choices.

This game is horribly buggy and there are glitches galore. I know there are glitches in every game, but this game has glitches absolutely everywhere, making it borderline unplayable. The game is the slowest Sonic game thus far (yes i played Sonic Lost World) and every character except for Sonic, Blaze & Omega (yes Omega) are terribly slow.

The story had potential, but it's terrible. The characters are absolute morons that don't take advantage of what they have when they have it and they also make terrible decisions when it comes to plot progression. The story also has plot holes up the a$$ that makes the story make no sense whatsoever.

Gameplay wise, it is very buggy and is very slow compared to other Sonic games. There are also terrible designed levels (the Sonic snowboarding levels are examples and Silver's infamous ball puzzle). The bosses are mostly bad except for the final boss.....

....and that leads me to the positives. Some of Sonic's levels CAN be enjoyable, Blaze and Omega can be pretty fun, the final boss is good and the score is easily the best thing about this game.

This game should be a reminder to SEGA and Sonic Team of what can happen when you rush out a product that clearly was not finished. Sonic 06 is one of the biggest disappointments in gaming history. Can it be enjoyed? yes, but it definitely is not what we were expecting.
  12. Mar 10, 2016
    Wow... wow... I knew this game was bad, but it didn't know it was this bad. Sonic the Hedgehog is so unfinished it's laughable. How the hell can you glitch through levels? I know there are lot more bugs but that's just laziness right there. And don't get me started on Silver. The reason I gave it a little credit, because of the music, and how great it looks for 2006. Other than that, binWow... wow... I knew this game was bad, but it didn't know it was this bad. Sonic the Hedgehog is so unfinished it's laughable. How the hell can you glitch through levels? I know there are lot more bugs but that's just laziness right there. And don't get me started on Silver. The reason I gave it a little credit, because of the music, and how great it looks for 2006. Other than that, bin this POS. Expand
  13. Dec 4, 2012
    Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) was an ambitious game project for Sonic's 15th Anniversary. Although the game attempted to be the biggest and most diverse Sonic experience to date, the game fell flat on its face and bombed hard from being poorly programmed and being in a state that was not anywhere near completion when it was released for sale. The game's story is a convoluted mess of plot holesSonic The Hedgehog (2006) was an ambitious game project for Sonic's 15th Anniversary. Although the game attempted to be the biggest and most diverse Sonic experience to date, the game fell flat on its face and bombed hard from being poorly programmed and being in a state that was not anywhere near completion when it was released for sale. The game's story is a convoluted mess of plot holes and lack of logic, the level design is a death trap of poorly scripted events and bad design choices, the horrible camera system which behaves oddly all the time, the absurdly long loading times which show lack of programming refinement, the multiplayer aspects are completely unbalanced making it broken, the game's controls are destroyed beyond belief, the various kinds of specialized game play styles are incredibly glitchy and even the basic core mechanics of the game don't function correctly. The only factor of this game that is positive is the music which is diverse and is quite a joy to listen to. This game is quite simply almost unplayable as no care at all was put into beta testing to ensure the quality of the product or to ensure everything functioned properly because the company wanted the game on store shelves by a specific date. This game is a slap in the face to all fans of the Sonic The Hedgehog IP as it slowed that the developers where more interested in making money than attempting to release a high quality, properly functioning and enjoyable product. In conclusion, This game is garbage and a waste of money, steer clear of it at all costs. I would give this game a rating of 0 out of 10, but I'll be generous and give it a 1 out of 10 since it had somewhat decent music. Expand
  14. Mar 22, 2015
    Sonic is introduced to the human world for the first time, (Apparently, neglecting the anime Sonic X, Sonic adventure 1, sonic adventure 2) letting the player control the trio Sonic, Shadow, and newcomer Silver. Throughout all three campaigns the player is told that the world will be destroyed by a monster named Iblis, who is lying dormant inside of the damsel Princess Elise. Its up to theSonic is introduced to the human world for the first time, (Apparently, neglecting the anime Sonic X, Sonic adventure 1, sonic adventure 2) letting the player control the trio Sonic, Shadow, and newcomer Silver. Throughout all three campaigns the player is told that the world will be destroyed by a monster named Iblis, who is lying dormant inside of the damsel Princess Elise. Its up to the trio to stop the antagonists Mephilis and Iblis while trying to find chaos emeralds. Expand
  15. Nov 5, 2011
    Saying that this game is horrible is an understatement, didn't the folks at SEGA did a QA on this one?
    Horrible physics, AWFUL load times, PS1 animations, crappy hit detection. only things going for it are the cutscenes and the soundtrack. IT'S NO USE! TAKE THIS!
    Absolute Zero for this garbage.
  16. Jun 28, 2012
    I played this game during awkward stages of my Life. Looking back it was a really sad period. The game sports a unpolished feel and look. Stages are frustrating. It tries to be the original Sonic Adventure on dreamcast, but fails.
  17. Jan 29, 2013
    It's a terrible game, to say the least. It's hair brained style is stupid, levels feature terrible design and touchy controls, and the story can't be taken seriously at all. The face that 3/4 of the game is also incredibly tedious and no fun at all, this game reeks. It gave us a good laugh (more than once actually), and the soundtrack is the best part of the game, but overall justIt's a terrible game, to say the least. It's hair brained style is stupid, levels feature terrible design and touchy controls, and the story can't be taken seriously at all. The face that 3/4 of the game is also incredibly tedious and no fun at all, this game reeks. It gave us a good laugh (more than once actually), and the soundtrack is the best part of the game, but overall just reeks. It's a mess. Expand
  18. Jan 22, 2012
    Absolute CRAP! This was actually the very first game i played on the 360 when i got it back in 06, and boy was I discouraged to even play another launch title. I remeber being truly confused when I played this game. I just kept dying and i didn't know why. I did what was asked but i guess that wasn't good enough to please the games controls and camera(which is the main antagonist in thisAbsolute CRAP! This was actually the very first game i played on the 360 when i got it back in 06, and boy was I discouraged to even play another launch title. I remeber being truly confused when I played this game. I just kept dying and i didn't know why. I did what was asked but i guess that wasn't good enough to please the games controls and camera(which is the main antagonist in this game) and the load times, ohhh dont get me started on the load screens. Overall, never in a millions years did i think i would ever hate a Sonic game, but mission accomplished SEGA. Expand
  19. Jun 21, 2014
    The controls are horrid, the story is full of contradictions, and whoever at Microsoft in charge of the release of this game on the 360 platform should be shot for forcing Sega to rush this out for Christmas 2006. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 gets one point for some gorgeous C.G.I. opening which sadly was the only good part of the game.
  20. Nov 23, 2013
    This game functions. That is the only good thing I can say about this game. Heck half the time the game doesnt even do that. This should be avoided with every ability a human being has.
  21. Feb 13, 2014
    Impressive graphics aside, this game is a pathetic attempt to rejuvenate sonic for his 15th anniversary, and fails in nearly all ways. Loading screens that never end, glitches galore, and slow gameplay for a sonic game, SEGA deserves to feel bad about this monstrosity.
    At least the soundtrack was alright...
  22. Jan 30, 2013
    This was the first game I have ever played on the Xbox 360. What away to start off! Awful gameplay, horrendous story, crappy controls, and the list goes on. There are some bad Sonic games out there and it just so happens I own a good chunk of them. With those games, there were bad, but at least some had a replay value. This game should not even Exist!!!! This game is complete garbage! It'sThis was the first game I have ever played on the Xbox 360. What away to start off! Awful gameplay, horrendous story, crappy controls, and the list goes on. There are some bad Sonic games out there and it just so happens I own a good chunk of them. With those games, there were bad, but at least some had a replay value. This game should not even Exist!!!! This game is complete garbage! It's insulting to all the Sonic fans out there! If there is one GOOD thing about the game is the graphics. Its of the better looking Sonic games out there, but graphics don't make a great game. Game is bad, do not I repeat DO NOT buy this game! Expand
  23. Jul 4, 2015
    Even from someone or somebody who hasn't played the game, falling through levels, interrupted controls, self minded cameras, and 20 second load times times 4 to a total of 1 minute and 20 seconds from other people trying to play this mess is just enough for us to decide if we want to play this. This is easily the worst Sonic game. If this was released in 2007, if would've fine. But, no. IEven from someone or somebody who hasn't played the game, falling through levels, interrupted controls, self minded cameras, and 20 second load times times 4 to a total of 1 minute and 20 seconds from other people trying to play this mess is just enough for us to decide if we want to play this. This is easily the worst Sonic game. If this was released in 2007, if would've fine. But, no. I guess it's not worth the effort on solving the game's problems. Princess Elise kissing Sonic will make you regret on watching that Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. The music and Silver the Hedgehog are the only best parts in the game. Silver is actually one of my favorite Sonic characters later on. The music is so great that Sega should reuse it for later games, just like they did on Sonic Generations. Sonic '06 went on and became non-canon to the series' continuity, but that's for the best. Expand
  24. Jul 20, 2013
    What is there to be said? They found out that a human love interest for Sonic was a bad choice before the FIRST game was released. They did not play test this game...........either that or this is a prototype. They simply ran out of time or could not find inspiration for the dying franchise. The game has NUMEROUS glitches and all in all is a disappointing game at its core.
  25. Sep 28, 2013
    Sonic the Hedgehog, better known as "Sonic 06" because people prefer not damaging the name of the series any further, is the worst video game I have ever played in my entire life. It still shocks me to this day that people actually like this game and try to defend it in some situations. Every single aspect of this game is absolute garbage(except for the soundtrack, it's brilliant and it'sSonic the Hedgehog, better known as "Sonic 06" because people prefer not damaging the name of the series any further, is the worst video game I have ever played in my entire life. It still shocks me to this day that people actually like this game and try to defend it in some situations. Every single aspect of this game is absolute garbage(except for the soundtrack, it's brilliant and it's the only thing of this trainwreck you'll ever want to experience)

Everything. Really, this is not me overexaggarating: there is nothing good about this game other than the soundtrack. But when I can look past this hellish ordeal and still manage to not get angry at myself for being an absolute fool and playing this game completely, I find people on the internet saying the game wouldn't be as bad if it didn't have glitches.

This is more frustration than I can take.

To the people who DO think this: you're idiots. Ask yourself:

Was the desert billiard ball puzzle a glitch? Did they mess up the code somewhere and that's why the ball puzzle exists? Did they mess up the code somewhere and that's why there's 16 different gameplay styles that are all god-awful? Did the terrible mach-speed sections for Sonic, where you barely have a chance to react to anything, magically appear because they messed up the code somewhere? NO. No to all of this. It's true that this game is frustrating and that very often, glitches are to blame, but that's not all. This game was designed badly. This entire game was doomed from the start when they decided to implement all these terrible ideas.

But seriously, to those who do wish to defend this game:

Why? Do you seriously not see how this game is an absolute trainwreck? Every single aspect of this, and not even just the gameplay, but the story too, is absolute trash. To most normal people, these kind of problems would be unacceptable. Face it already: there is no way you can defend this game without looking absolutely ridiculous.

Terrible designing and an awful storyline aren't the only things that are bad about this game: it's also a really weird and awkward relationship between Sonic and human princess Elise. At the end of the game, they actually kiss and it's safe to say that it's the most disgusting kiss in the history of anything. When I saw that scene, I was hoping that this would be the most sick, twisted and tasteless joke of all time, or a nightmare, perhaps, and that I would wake up 30 seconds later with relief. Sadly, that wasn't the case.

Anyways, this game is awful. This game got way less criticism than it deserved. If you are a masochist, this is the ultimate game for you but otherwise it's an absolute trainwreck. I reccommend never buying this game, ever, don't even grab it out of a dumpster, for purposes other than destroying it. What I do reccommend is playing it before destroying it because the frustration you'll get from it will make it feel even better when destroying it.

So yeah, I can't give this game anything other than a 1. That 1 is for the absolutely brilliant soundtrack. I reccommend buying it, or just listening to it on youtube because like I said before, it's the only thing of this piece of garbage you will ever want to experience.

I will never defend this game, ever. This is, without a doubt, the worst video game I have ever played and ever will play in my entire life. Big Rigs is better than this because it's laughably bad. This game, however, induced an insane amount of anger into me. But I played this when I was younger and I thought I was the one doing stuff wrong. Now that I'm older and thankfully a little smarter, I can now safely say that it was not my fault.

This is the worst game I've ever played. No doubt. It'll probably never change either.
  26. Dec 6, 2012
    This game had potential, but god did Sonic Team **** it up something fierce, the physics engine is BROKEN, Sonic will often slam into a wall, for no reason, some of the level designs are pretty neat, but they tend to drag on, and the "Mach Speed" stages are just broken. How do you **** up an IP like this so badly? It's like this game wasn't even beta tested. I could look past the horribleThis game had potential, but god did Sonic Team **** it up something fierce, the physics engine is BROKEN, Sonic will often slam into a wall, for no reason, some of the level designs are pretty neat, but they tend to drag on, and the "Mach Speed" stages are just broken. How do you **** up an IP like this so badly? It's like this game wasn't even beta tested. I could look past the horrible Final Fantasy rip off story if the gameplay was good, but it just isn't. The graphics are pretty awful for a 360/PS3 game as well, the city looks like card board, the people hilariously bad out of cut scenes, the best looking models are Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. And, to top it all off, they got the voice actors from 4KIDS to do the dub, that just speaks for itself. Expand
  27. Nov 23, 2012
    Sonic the Hedgehog is an abomination unto the Sonic legacy. The game is filled with unnessaccery bugs, glitches, loading screens and has an incomplete feel. Story wise the game is very deep and satisfying as Sonic, Shadow, and Silver each have their own episode with different goals that contrast with each other's throughout the game. Once each episode is complete, the Last episode isSonic the Hedgehog is an abomination unto the Sonic legacy. The game is filled with unnessaccery bugs, glitches, loading screens and has an incomplete feel. Story wise the game is very deep and satisfying as Sonic, Shadow, and Silver each have their own episode with different goals that contrast with each other's throughout the game. Once each episode is complete, the Last episode is unlocked to reveal the true ending. It is also the first HD Sonic game, which isn't saved by its graphics although they are nice and crisp. Plot (Sonic episode): It is the Festival of the Sun in the castle town of Soleanna and Princess Elise has lit the torch to mark its celebration just as Dr. Eggman attempts to abduct her. Sonic, however prevents this and escapes with the princess as Eggman gives chase. Despite his best efforts, Eggman abducts the princess as Sonic embarks on a quest to rescue her. Legacy: This has only increased suspicion that modern Sonic games are awful. Opinion: This is a game I reccomend to a Sonic fan. An awful job, reminds me why hate justifiably exists in the world. Expand
  28. Apr 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Sonic game does not run really great as many people think problems with this game are

*poor camera angles and they tend to be really slow when you move the camera yourself this is quite a pain to see anything
    *some quest's are very hard and annoying to do say you got too find seven or ten kids in a open BIG city and did I say IT'S TIMED, finding them is well quite hard since when you go near them they RUN AWAY from you screaming 'ah Soinc is coming for me'
    *story is a bit like Sonic Adventure one graphics on that game is the same you get a story which you get a lot of items in Sonic Adventure too like the speed shoes that let's you fly through rings in front of you the story is somewhat lacking it's all about speed in some mission's I was doing a mission where you need to open a door for Sonic he was getting chase by a whale in the sea and hitting a switch was on this big tree thing so you had to control Tails for this part as you try to do it lots of robots spam they shooting at you so it's was hard to avoid them and look for the switch at the same time you basicly had like four minutes to look for it or you had to do the same crap again!
    I was really pulling my hair out in shock as I could not do this first time or second time or third so then I finally did it, I got off the game I tryed something better!
    Note to all Sonic fans, this is just another let down game thanks Sega!
  29. Jun 11, 2015
    I got this game for my Xbox 360 without looking at the reviews (foolish of me, I know) but it looked like a cool sonic game. I was wrong. This game is a complete mess and I hate almost everything about it. The only thing I liked about this game was that the music was good. The game has pretty bad controls, bad gameplay, an okay storyline, and average graphics. Nevertheless, this gameI got this game for my Xbox 360 without looking at the reviews (foolish of me, I know) but it looked like a cool sonic game. I was wrong. This game is a complete mess and I hate almost everything about it. The only thing I liked about this game was that the music was good. The game has pretty bad controls, bad gameplay, an okay storyline, and average graphics. Nevertheless, this game receives a 4 from me. Expand
  30. May 18, 2012
    This game, its just, just..... TERRIBLE! I'm not going to go in to detail (because you should already know this game is awful) but its just awful. Worst $20 I ever spent. The game is broken beond belief (its worse then my spelling), I'd rather enter the pain olymopics then play this game. If before this game came out you still had hope for the sonic franices, this killed it for you. I'llThis game, its just, just..... TERRIBLE! I'm not going to go in to detail (because you should already know this game is awful) but its just awful. Worst $20 I ever spent. The game is broken beond belief (its worse then my spelling), I'd rather enter the pain olymopics then play this game. If before this game came out you still had hope for the sonic franices, this killed it for you. I'll admit sonic has had THREE, COUNT THEM 1,2,3 good games sence this game was released (sonic colours, generations, 4 ep 1), ut with all the garbge they put out (rings, warehog(so bad) among others). But I'm getting alittle of topic, dont get this game, burn your money for you cant buy this game (or give your money to me, if you must), stay away you wont regret it! Expand

If only the developers had focused on delivering a simple, fun experience rather than trying to create something far beyond their reach.
  2. Not only are the voices horrible, as is the case for most Sonic games, but the story makes very little sense. It’s like if you took any basic Nintendo story like Mario saving the Princess, lengthened it to several hours long, and filled it with mindless details that make no logical sense at all.
  3. Atrocious camera angles lead to cheap deaths, the slippery controls make it difficult to get a handle on the characters and the game has a large problem with pacing. It tries to mix in side missions with general stages, and the disastrous results ruin the game.