7.6

1. Aug 17, 2011
    A much better game than the reviews suggest. Loads of secrets and replay value, fantastic graphics and music. If you love sonic you'll love this. Hell, you may even learn to like the Werehog.
  2. May 16, 2012
    This game is nearly perfect. It's only flaw is the medal hunting. You have to roam around the hub worlds and levels searching for more sun and moon medals to advance to the next level. The problem is that they're unnecessarily hard to find. Another (minor) flaw is that the difficulty of this game spikes dramatically about halfway thorough. At that point, it takes some real skill to be good at the game. Otherwise, everything else is perfectly executed. Good graphics, story, day and night gameplay, hub worlds, voice acting, cutscenes. character choice, level design, etc. Expand
  3. Dec 11, 2010
    Simply a fun game! This game goes back to alot of what makes Sonic who he is when you play through the Sonic day levels. They actually made a new Hedgehog Engine for this game to get the day levels down. The werehog levels are where some people might be thrown off alil. Yes, it can be a pain to keep having to switch between night and day, but playing as a werehog felt awesome especially since it made this sonic game also into a kid friendly God of War game! :) This is a great Sonic game is definately worth picking up for any sonic fan! Expand
  4. Mar 6, 2013
    I really must give this gem praise. Sonic really should take another daring crack like this game did. The game was fun and those who deny it are kidding themselves. While it is true that the Where hog levels were not as good as the Day stages, they were still quite fun in its own right. Me and my brother played in cooperative craze trying to beat this. He played the Where hog and me the original Sonic since I wasn't as good as he was in the Night stages. The Day stages are fast paced and fun with platforming in the mix. This new concept in the 3D Sonic formula really drove you into playing for those stages again. The key in these stages was to go really fast, but not get carried away in it as well. Sonic games have always challenged your restraint in speed as the trick to playing cleanly through a stage and it sure doesn't stop in this game either. The only problem is that Sonic is a little slippery to control at times. The Night stages, contrary to popular opinion, were really not that bad. They weren't as fun as the Day stages, but they were fun in their own way and really helped hit home in the atmosphere this game was playing out towards. The only flaw in this plan was that there were too many Night stages to play through. This is really dissapointing because a balance would have really made this game much better than it already is and frankly, it would make me more inclined to play through it again. The story is decent, but its presentaion is the biggest victory over it. Its saving the world from Eggman again, but it really feels like that final battle that you have to keep persevering to finally prevail in the end. The scope of this game makes you really feel like your where you are. In the Arabian area, Italian town, Tropical Island, a bustling city, etc. The music is really where I must give props for. SEGA truly had outdone themselves in an original soundtrack in this game. Its diverse and high spirited, with different cultures added into the mix. The orchestration and jazz band are truly welcome in SEGA music as this is among their best soundtracks. It really brings the adventurous feeling of traveling from country to country, saving the world, meeting new people, etc. One of my biggest gripes about this game is the voice acting. Jason does his best performance as Sonic, but everyone can't be said the same way. Chip's character was also a bit annoying, but still memorable and he did grow on me after a while. Its not the best Sonic game ever, but its still definately an underrated game in the franchise, easily worth the buy, especially the 15 dollars its on sale for these days. If you want the best version of this game I highly suggest getting the Xbox version. Don't pass this game up if your interested. Expand
  5. Oct 28, 2010
    This is amazingly fun! Well, this version is, anyway! I love both levels, even when it can get a bit frustrating, this game has combined extreme speed, with seamless 3D - 2D transitions and combat, with mostly smooth gameplay, well done SEGA!
  6. Oct 29, 2013
    When I am downloading a new game on my PC, I like to play this game. It's really fun and they did and excellent job on the fighting. Some people may not like the new fighting, but I don't really mind.
  7. Dec 27, 2013
    This game is quite a pleasant surprise. With its smart level design, fluid controls, and breathtaking graphics, Unleashed may be the greatest Sonic game since Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
  8. Nov 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sonic Unleashed is a very good attempt to bring Sonic back and it succeeds to me find out why. The story is quite simple but kind of funny with chip/ light gaia what happens is Dr.Eggman has lured Sonic into a trap to suck the energy of the chaos emeralds and shoot at the earth to wake up Dark Gaia so he can rule the world and call Eggmanland after that the rest of the story is simple just restoring chaos emeralds finding out what happens and learning more about Chip.
    The graphics in this game are fantastic it looks like it is Disney the only problem which is one of the reasons why I lowered it to 9 is the frame-rate issues later on like abadat. The game-play is almost perfect in the day time the only problem is the unresponsive at times jump button and the werehog is good despite what people say the only problem i find is his balancing and the spike part in empire city but I can ease that now.
    Time for one of the best parts music nearly every single track is memorable the main ones are endless possibilities by Jaret Raddick , Rooftop Run and cool edge.
    The bosses are easy except for the quicktime event in perfect dark gaia mash the x button 60 times is too much i say but it does get easier.
    I liked the aeroplane sections not that bad it was fun to shoot at ships and watch the beautiful view The bad is frame-rate sometimes drop, quicktime events over done, the shooting part kind of , unresponsive at times
  9. Jan 16, 2014
    Sonic Unleashed is one of the best games I have ever played( call me crazy). The day time stages were really fun and fast paced. The night time stages offered a lot of plat forming and combat. I think the gameplay really was balanced. The graphics were extremely amazing. The music, as always, was really fantastic. The hub worlds were small and quite interesting in my opinion. There are many side quests in the game and the story was great. The voice acting was the best Sonic voice acting I ever heard. This was Jason Griffith at his greatest folks. Sonic was super duper fast in this game and featured quick time events. The quick time events didn't bother me one bit but they were really easy. I think this game is worth a shot if you enjoy controlling Sonic at high speeds and love a plat forming. Don't let big time critics fool you, this was one OUTSTANDING game. You should give it a try. Expand

1. As much as I disliked lumbering through levels as Sonic’s hulky Werehog, I disliked hunting through the hub worlds looking for coins even more. Sega, if you really want to fix Sonic, the first thing you should do is stop trying to fix him.
    Ultimately, this simply isn't the fresh start Sonic fans were so desperately hoping for...but at least it's not as execrable as the last two efforts.
  3. Sonic Unleashed is a glorious return to true console form for Sonic.