8.3

1. Jul 14, 2017
    Este videojuego esta tremendamente infravalorado, es una verdadera lastima que videojuegos como este queden a la sombra de otros videojuegos genericos y repetitivos que tienen mucho mejores notas coff coff Modern Warfere 3 y videojuegos como este no merezcan el respeto, las buenas criticas y sobre todo las ventas que merecen, es cierto que es un shooter "genérico" pero eso no importa si laEste videojuego esta tremendamente infravalorado, es una verdadera lastima que videojuegos como este queden a la sombra de otros videojuegos genericos y repetitivos que tienen mucho mejores notas coff coff Modern Warfere 3 y videojuegos como este no merezcan el respeto, las buenas criticas y sobre todo las ventas que merecen, es cierto que es un shooter "genérico" pero eso no importa si la historia que te cuentan hace que te cuestiones tu moralidad y te des cuenta que la guerra no es como el 99% de los Shooters te la cuentan. El tiempo le dará la razón a videojuegos como estos y se convertirán en videojuegos de culto. Expand
  2. Apr 3, 2017
    Spec Ops: The Line is a pretty bland first person shooter, but the story is a real masterpiece. One of the most clever, realistic, and powerful war games I've ever played. The art direction is genius, the voice acting is great, the graphics are solid, the story starts out pretty bland, but gets more and more complicated, engrossing, and thrilling, until it swiftly pulls the rug from underSpec Ops: The Line is a pretty bland first person shooter, but the story is a real masterpiece. One of the most clever, realistic, and powerful war games I've ever played. The art direction is genius, the voice acting is great, the graphics are solid, the story starts out pretty bland, but gets more and more complicated, engrossing, and thrilling, until it swiftly pulls the rug from under you to reveal one of the most cleverly executed war games ever released. Buy. This. Game. Expand
  3. Mar 6, 2017
    Spec Ops The Line is a great 3rd person shooter

The gameplay isn't particularly original but works well for what it is.However,the AI goes through spells of either pure stupidity or dead-eye accuracy,nowhere particularly in between which is very frustrating.That said,it's not the gameplay that shines. The story steals the show here,showing all the horrors of war,and a dark,corrupt
    Spec Ops The Line is a great 3rd person shooter

The story steals the show here,showing all the horrors of war,and a dark,corrupt side to itself,the game allows you to be either hero or villain,and the game has 4 endings for different choices.To sum it up,this game is very psychological.The voice-acting is top notch

The graphics here are solid and look nice.The game does not have any significant performance problems apart from long load times on the 360.

The sound design is decent,but the soundtrack is great.

Overall,Spec Ops The Line is a grim take on war that is very good.Solid mechanics across the board makes this an easy recommendation.Definitely check this one out.
  4. Sep 12, 2016
    This game is not perfect, but I personally don't think that's what constitutes a 10/10 score. Spec Ops: The Line is a must play, does something that is groundbreaking for the genre it is set in, and has spawned countless meaningful discussions well after its release. That's enough for a 10 in my books.

The gameplay is generic, but it plays an essential part of enticing players into thinking the game itself will be generic too. The main function of the interactivity is to make the player an active participant in all events of the game, so that the player's moral choices are organic and meaningful, and therefore the final conclusion that you come to is all your own.

The multiplayer is terrible, but I honestly don't think it can be considered a reviewable part of the game, just as the free co-op DLC can't be. An optional, publisher-mandated feature that goes against the message of the game, along with the fact that the servers have long since been completely empty, doesn't negate anything in the rest of the experience for me.

As for replayability, the story is extremely detailed underneath the surface, and on a new playthrough you'll start seeing that more and more. Like in any good story, character arcs drive the basis of the plotline, and there are many memorable quotes throughout due to the excellent, convincing voice acting.

This game does something unique, handles its truly mature themes well, and despite what I think are some minor missteps, it has an overall message that should be heard by all.
  5. Oct 11, 2015
    I was going to write a formally structured and long review about this game but I just couldn't. You NEED to play this game. I should probably warn you that the game is incredibly uncomfortable at times, and will make you sick and depressed but still play it please you must.
  6. Jun 29, 2015
    It's a great game that has a fantastic storyline. Story is a huge part of a game for me, and I'm glad that I experienced this gem. The only complaints I have are that the gameplay isn't the best, and sure, some events feel forced, but those didn't really impact the emotions I felt while I played this game. it's a great game that I 100% recommend. It's not a game for everyone, but if youIt's a great game that has a fantastic storyline. Story is a huge part of a game for me, and I'm glad that I experienced this gem. The only complaints I have are that the gameplay isn't the best, and sure, some events feel forced, but those didn't really impact the emotions I felt while I played this game. it's a great game that I 100% recommend. It's not a game for everyone, but if you have an interest in this game, go ahead and check it out. Expand
  7. Jan 17, 2015
    This is hands down the single greatest game of the 360/PS3 generation. It is completely and utterly horrible and it made me feel like the worst person alive. I love this game. Buy it and let it change your view of shooters forever.
  8. Dec 29, 2014
    This game opened my eyes and showed me the true morality of almost every single game I have played. It isn't actually the plot that is the selling point, it's how the plot shows that there is no such thing as a hero in war. Behind its contrived title, unimaginative box art and misleading opening acts, there is a truly special experience that holds a mirror up to the industry and invitesThis game opened my eyes and showed me the true morality of almost every single game I have played. It isn't actually the plot that is the selling point, it's how the plot shows that there is no such thing as a hero in war. Behind its contrived title, unimaginative box art and misleading opening acts, there is a truly special experience that holds a mirror up to the industry and invites you to view your military shooter games in an entirely new light- providing you let it Expand
  9. Aug 18, 2014
    This is an excellent package. The single player campaign is very good and the difficulty settings work well, because as you get better one is able to challenge the harder difficulty settings and this changes the experience and adds to one's playing time. The graphics and voice acting are done well and the story is interesting. Shooting is tight. This is my favorite online shooter. MuchThis is an excellent package. The single player campaign is very good and the difficulty settings work well, because as you get better one is able to challenge the harder difficulty settings and this changes the experience and adds to one's playing time. The graphics and voice acting are done well and the story is interesting. Shooting is tight. This is my favorite online shooter. Much attention has been given to the details of game play that matter. The more you play, the more you come to appreciate what it has to offer. All aspects of the game play are tight. I hope there is a Spec Ops 2. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  10. May 15, 2014
    WHAT A GREAT GAME
    One of my all-time-favorite
    gorgeous environments
    good shooting
    really original story that is really gonna get you into it
    LOVED IT

LISTEN, if you dont have it, BUY IT !
  11. Apr 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you want to go into the game without spoilers you simply cant go wrong here as its one of the best game stories I've seen in ages and it seems many agree with me. Those of you who don't care the story is based around war is hell and making you feel guilty for the horrible things you have done. For example at one time you can decide to use white phosphorus (fire it and there's no more anything) at a group of enemy's. As you watch them burn to death you discover you have killed a large group of civilians, including children, and you're comrades hold you to this for the rest of the game. I felt like the devil himself.

The setting is also awesome. Dubai has suffered a horrible sandstorm for months and a army group has lost contact with HQ so you're sent in to find out was going on. Turns out the army and locals are at each others necks and survival is a factor of every day life. There's betrayal, paranoia and a large sense of getting absolute no help from the outside world. Oh and one thing, that ending, that was it. And one huge point is its one of the fewer modern shooters I've seen that isn't racist. YAAAY

But the reason it hasn't got a perfect score is the combat. Its just a gears of war with some flashy elements like sand mechanics but the enemy will kindly stand in front of it saying " hope no one kills us"

But for the story, setting and characters alone this gets a recommendation from me

But the reason
  12. Mar 24, 2014
    Spec Ops The Line is not just another shooter. Although the mechanics are not the best, the harrowing, realistic storyline shows you just what the effects of war are.
    With a sizeable campaign and brilliant music design, Spec Ops certainly is outstanding. One thing I especially enjoyed in my playthrough of the game was the hard choices it presents you with in the second half of the game - and the outstanding graphical quality.
    I, as a gamer, enjoy multiple-ending games and realistic games. The plotline, unlike other shooters, is unpredictable. It shows that the developers show true thought for the soldiers. A gripping experience, to say the least.
    One other thing I must say is that, on the negative side, the campaign is not quite as good as I have been mentioning until around the one-third or halfway mark. However, if you stick through the relatively uninteresting first part, you find that the game is amazing. It demands highly of your psychology - you truly have to think. It plays on your mind, but it is the kind of game that truly makes you want to play it when you are not.
    This game is certainly in my top ten list, albeit the generic gameplay.
  13. Mar 2, 2014
    Spec Ops: The Line has probably one of the greatest stories of any game out today. For this reason alone it will forever be one of my favorite games. After beating the game for the first time, and knowingly missing out on certain campaign choices I had to play and beat the game again, and again, and again. There are four different endings and it was worth it for me to play the game throughSpec Ops: The Line has probably one of the greatest stories of any game out today. For this reason alone it will forever be one of my favorite games. After beating the game for the first time, and knowingly missing out on certain campaign choices I had to play and beat the game again, and again, and again. There are four different endings and it was worth it for me to play the game through four times, it may not be the case for others, but it was honestly a perfect story. Reason for 8 out of 10? Multiplayer lacks good quality. I enjoyed it, but being a gamer that has played shooters for years, I dominated so badly it was terribly un-fun. Getting near thirty kills per game and only two or three deaths isn't as fun as it sounds. Buy this for the story, not the multiplayer. Expand
  14. Jan 5, 2014
    Brilliant Game, it puts an interesting spin on the classic third-person-shooter genre and doubles the experience with the inclusion of moral choices and really explores the questionable nature of violence in video games and in real life also.
  15. Dec 3, 2013
    This is a beautiful and dynamic game in every aspects. Atmosphere,Gameplay Not repetitive) and epic history. Every person who love the vídeo games Must Play this game.
  16. Jul 5, 2013
    This game is riveting and very compelling. The story arc is not what you would expect from a FPS shooter, There are many twists and turns that will keep you asking questions before and after the climax of the game. The environment looked fantastic and it was beautiful. If you can look past an at times lackluster and punishing cover system then i certainly suggest this game to anyone whoThis game is riveting and very compelling. The story arc is not what you would expect from a FPS shooter, There are many twists and turns that will keep you asking questions before and after the climax of the game. The environment looked fantastic and it was beautiful. If you can look past an at times lackluster and punishing cover system then i certainly suggest this game to anyone who loves a great story. 10/10 Expand
  17. Jun 21, 2013
    It was a good game I enjoyed it i'm a big fan of yager they took part in Rage.One of the best Developers this is a must buy my friend.Do not pass this up.
  18. Jun 16, 2013
    First the negative part of the game. There was only 1 thing that I was disappointed in. The main character always seemed to have his mouth hanging open and looked like a goober. That being said, the rest of the game was quite enjoyable. The controls were very responsive, the sounds and graphics were very good, and the story was interesting. Overall I would have given the game a higher markFirst the negative part of the game. There was only 1 thing that I was disappointed in. The main character always seemed to have his mouth hanging open and looked like a goober. That being said, the rest of the game was quite enjoyable. The controls were very responsive, the sounds and graphics were very good, and the story was interesting. Overall I would have given the game a higher mark than 8 but forcing me to look like a goober was just not cool Very fun, 3rd person shooter. Expand
  19. Apr 27, 2013
    Until one faithful day when I came across this gem at a discount on XBL marketplace, I was in the belief that a Gears of War style third person shooter set in a broken world couldn’t possibly offer me anything that I hadn’t seen before, I’m looking at you Dark Sector and Inversion. Boy was I wrong.

Spec Ops: The Line is a game set in a Dubai that’s been ruined by sandstorm and you’re Captain Sheppard, I mean Walker, seriously, why does the dude look like Sheppard? Anyways, you’re Captain Shep-Walker and you’re on a recon mission to scout for survivors, along for the ride is the leveled headed sensible black guy, because god forbid that minorities should be flawed, and of course, wise cracking sniper young jock white guy.
    Whilst scouring the outskirts of Dubai you come across a radio broadcast, and when you investigate you’re attacked by the natives and you come across a dead American soldier. You decide to investigate and during your ride you’ll come across dick CIA operatives helping the natives fight the evil Damned 33rd soldiers, whom of course are lead by your old mentor, John Conrad. Throughout the game, you’ll be making some tough decisions, not like in Gears where you pick what corridor you want to go through, no, real hard choices. The kind of choices where there are no right answers, only less wrong ones, my advice is to always go against Sergeant Sniper Jock as he never actually seems to give a and you won’t have to listen to Grandma black guy for the next half hour until there’s another decision to be made.
    The gameplay is straight forward, if you’ve played a third person military shooter set in a world that’s been invaded by Sir Wally McChesthigh, you’ve played them all. The controls work, and the AI is decent.
    I recommend it if you’re willing to stick with it to the end, if you don’t have 8 10 hours to kill over a weekend don’t bother, because there are better games out there. As I said before, the game play is nothing special, it’s the story that carries this otherwise mediocore title all the way to the finish line and to the top 5 of 2012.
  20. Apr 23, 2013
    This is the best story-based shooter I have ever played, and in fact, probably top ten of all time for stories. It forces you to take some truly gruesome actions, all under the guise of having to do the job, to protect the masses. You find yourself emotionally invested as a result, and as the story progresses, you start to feel bad about your decisions, just in time for the next moment ofThis is the best story-based shooter I have ever played, and in fact, probably top ten of all time for stories. It forces you to take some truly gruesome actions, all under the guise of having to do the job, to protect the masses. You find yourself emotionally invested as a result, and as the story progresses, you start to feel bad about your decisions, just in time for the next moment of heroics, to build your ego back up. Well thought-out, interesting characters, and with several twists throughout, you will have no idea what happened once you achieve one of the 4 (yes 4) different endings. With the ability to replay the game at the Chapter level, you can experience all the endings without putting 4 playthroughs in, which is also nice. The only gripe is the AI on Normal mode is a little goofy at times, but overwhelmingly firefights are exciting, fun, and have you looking forward to the next one. The game is beautiful, animation is quite good. This is quite simply a fantastic game. Expand
  21. Apr 9, 2013
    Since there is a demo I won't mention game-play and let you determine your feelings on it. with that out of the way this game has the BEST story of any game I've played, including many rpgs. It is a modern take on the classic "Heart of Darkness". This game also manages to raise moral/ethical questions without seeming heavy-handed or biased. This game is one of the few that give credence toSince there is a demo I won't mention game-play and let you determine your feelings on it. with that out of the way this game has the BEST story of any game I've played, including many rpgs. It is a modern take on the classic "Heart of Darkness". This game also manages to raise moral/ethical questions without seeming heavy-handed or biased. This game is one of the few that give credence to video games being called art. Expand
  22. Apr 5, 2013
    this game was fantastic! the story was well told and emotional, the characters were solid and likeable, and the gameplay was satisfying and brutal. Dubai is a beautiful destroyed city with frequent sandstorms and gunfights. I haven't had a chance to play the multiplayer but the story and single player campaign is well worth the purchase. replayability is pretty high as well with hiddenthis game was fantastic! the story was well told and emotional, the characters were solid and likeable, and the gameplay was satisfying and brutal. Dubai is a beautiful destroyed city with frequent sandstorms and gunfights. I haven't had a chance to play the multiplayer but the story and single player campaign is well worth the purchase. replayability is pretty high as well with hidden collectibles to be found and different endings and moral choices to see. overall an awesome war shooter with a great story and satisfying gameplay. I REALLY enjoyed this game. Expand
  23. Mar 29, 2013
    Spec Ops: The Line will change you. If you have the capacity to fully immerse yourself in a narrative, to buy into the questions asked, and to allow even a moments thought on who and why you are killing, then Spec Ops the line will forever make impotent any high action shooter on the market. Immerse yourself, and enjoy. (Disclaimer: combat is not that great, but your not SUPPOSED to enjoySpec Ops: The Line will change you. If you have the capacity to fully immerse yourself in a narrative, to buy into the questions asked, and to allow even a moments thought on who and why you are killing, then Spec Ops the line will forever make impotent any high action shooter on the market. Immerse yourself, and enjoy. (Disclaimer: combat is not that great, but your not SUPPOSED to enjoy it. Convenient no?) Expand
  24. Mar 14, 2013
    Although not from a mainstream blockbuster franchise, Spec Ops: The Line is a surprising solid shooter in all departments. Graphics are excellent with superb lighting and good textures one of the best looking Unreal Engine 3 games on the Xbox 360. Framerate is smooth and rarely drops even at very intensive parts. The campaign is of good length, with the highest difficulty being justAlthough not from a mainstream blockbuster franchise, Spec Ops: The Line is a surprising solid shooter in all departments. Graphics are excellent with superb lighting and good textures one of the best looking Unreal Engine 3 games on the Xbox 360. Framerate is smooth and rarely drops even at very intensive parts. The campaign is of good length, with the highest difficulty being just right. The setting of it being in Dubai manages to mix a perfect blend between realistic and intense warzone-looking parts with beautiful scenery. Level design is fairly generic but it's not too repetitive, and is generally high quality. The story isn't your conventional military shooter; it's actually written by an author so you can expect higher than average entertainment value in that department. As for the most important part in a shooter the mechanics and controls they are very impressive. Those who have played Gears of War or even Uncharted will feel right at home here. Controls are responsive, fluid and consistent for the most part. The game mechanics are your typical third person shooter, but executed with perfection. The cover mechanic is not a hassle, aiming both in and out of cover is simple and fast, you can swap shoulders etc. All the common sense stuff is here, with logical button layout. The gunplay is similar to Uncharted's mechanics; however since the weapons are fully licensed you can take advantage of selective fire for some weapons. You should not be put off buying this excellent title if you're after a solid single-player third person shooter simply because it's not branded. Be assured that this is a high quality game with few mistakes, and excels in all areas. It doesn't push the boundaries or do anything new there's nothing 'special' or unique but it does do everything very well. The only minor setback is your teammate AI. They will not position themselves well at all in combat, and whilst you can order them to attack, you can't move them into cover. There is very little you can actually order your teammates to do, but there doesn't feel like anything's missing. All in all, this is a robust third-person shooter in all aspects. Expand
  25. Feb 26, 2013
    Spec ops the line, es un obra de arte, solo en historia, en puntos de jubailidad gráficos, sonidos tecnología esta bien. La jugabilidad es mas que simple pero buena. Gráficamente esta bien, con algunos puntos flojos y algunos que otros bugs que son muy lamentables. Pero lo que si vale la pena tener este juego es por la historia y sus giros que te dejan con la boca abierta y con ganas deSpec ops the line, es un obra de arte, solo en historia, en puntos de jubailidad gráficos, sonidos tecnología esta bien. La jugabilidad es mas que simple pero buena. Gráficamente esta bien, con algunos puntos flojos y algunos que otros bugs que son muy lamentables. Pero lo que si vale la pena tener este juego es por la historia y sus giros que te dejan con la boca abierta y con ganas de tirar el Joystick por la ventana. En fin Spec ops es un excelente juego pero con algunas cosas malas que son lo de menos. Y si lo juegas te va a quedar gustando. Expand
  26. Feb 24, 2013
    The Spec Ops games are probably one of the best. Nice graphics, good story, good gameplay. Just one wrong. Only a few games section shall walk, nothing else.
    The gameplay is very good for walking outside, and by the way, even the graphics are good.
  27. Feb 24, 2013
    Great campaign,great visuals,good gameplay.The game is awesome.The only bad thing is MP is not interesting.Not awful,but not good either.Loved the game.
  28. Feb 14, 2013
    An well-directed cinematic experience, full of "wow" moments thanks to the exciting graphics, dialogue and the clever insertion of pop music. Weapons are well ballanced and this game have the most acurate handgun i've experienced in videogames. That desert-eagle really kills! Some details put this game very up-to-date, for example the melee attack should be incorporated on every futureAn well-directed cinematic experience, full of "wow" moments thanks to the exciting graphics, dialogue and the clever insertion of pop music. Weapons are well ballanced and this game have the most acurate handgun i've experienced in videogames. That desert-eagle really kills! Some details put this game very up-to-date, for example the melee attack should be incorporated on every future shooter from now on. Really good experience, even if it's linear and scripted th only thins keeping it from getting a 10. Expand
  29. Jan 21, 2013
    Going into this game, I was already aware that the story was based on the book, The Heart of Darkness. Knowing this, my interest was piqued as I played through the campaign and was absolutely amazed by the plot of this game. As Delta Squad delves further into the city of Dubai, they are gradually changed by the horrors of war as their mission to save the civilians only gets worse. I'm notGoing into this game, I was already aware that the story was based on the book, The Heart of Darkness. Knowing this, my interest was piqued as I played through the campaign and was absolutely amazed by the plot of this game. As Delta Squad delves further into the city of Dubai, they are gradually changed by the horrors of war as their mission to save the civilians only gets worse. I'm not going to add any spoilers as I believe this is a story best told through the game itself.

I'll just go right ahead and say this first. The gameplay is NOT the focus of this game. This is a thinking man's game in the sense that it has it's own message and acts as one big commentary on the modern war genre of shooting games. If you're coming at this game thinking that this is some extravaganza of guns and fun in the sand, think again. The gameplay does what it's supposed to and not much more. The guns feel rather "meh" with the exception of a few overpowered hand-cannons that you wouldn't want to drop if it weren't for the scarcity of ammo throughout the game. The AI is also functional but prone to moments of stupidity. You do have the ability to give your squad orders, but it's rather limited for the most part. Everything works fine, but it's easy to tell that it's the story that's the highlight of the game.

As you continue to play the tones throughout the game gradually shift, turning darker, cynical, and more violent to reflect the squads' (especially Walker's) degrading mental states. The executions, which start as basic neck stomps and a quick shot to the head soon turn into savage beat downs and forcing a gun barrel into the struggling victim's mouth. Walker's orders also shift from being a professional to him breaking down to barking orders with no shortage of profanity.

To put things simply, this game gets disturbing. You're often forced into moral choices with no positive outcome and you're made to live with the consequences. And boy, are there consequences. There are moments in this game that hit you like a hammer as the game brutally ( and mockingly) reminds you that everything that has happened is entirely your fault. The game even outright tells you to stop playing if you don't want things to get any worse. The ending in Spec Ops is one of the best of any video game that I've seen in a very long time. Despite being based off a book (that I've read, no less), it's still so well executed that I can't help but be amazed by it. Definitely not something you want spoiled for you.
  30. Jan 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spec Ops: the line is a great game, fantastic storyline and very playable, easy to pick up gameplay. Alright the visuals are not stunning but they still look very good. Although Spec Ops doesn't really bring anything new to the table it is well worth the purchase, the 3rd person genre has plenty to offer and Spec Ops will never be top of the pile but if you like army of two or gears of war, you won't go wrong picking this up. Expand

1. Aug 11, 2012
    Spec Ops: The Line turned out to be a genuinely nice surprise, is designed for people over 18, not only by the constant shooting scenes but also for the tone, mature theme and psychologically demanding posture.
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Aug 8, 2012
    From around the halfway mark onwards, The Line is a gripping, at time harrowing, and unforgettable experience. [Sept 2012, p.66]
  3. Aug 6, 2012
    It may not be winning any awards, that's not to say that this is one of the most captivating shooters currently available to Xbox 360 users. The morality of your choices has never been so well presented as they are in Spec Ops: The Line and for that reason alone it's a game that everyone should experience, if only for a few short hours.