8.1

1. Aug 18, 2014
    This is an excellent package. The single player campaign is very good and the difficulty settings work well, because as you get better one is able to challenge the harder difficulty settings and this changes the experience and adds to one's playing time. The graphics and voice acting are done well and the story is interesting. Shooting is tight. This is my favorite online shooter. MuchThis is an excellent package. The single player campaign is very good and the difficulty settings work well, because as you get better one is able to challenge the harder difficulty settings and this changes the experience and adds to one's playing time. The graphics and voice acting are done well and the story is interesting. Shooting is tight. This is my favorite online shooter. Much attention has been given to the details of game play that matter. The more you play, the more you come to appreciate what it has to offer. All aspects of the game play are tight. I hope there is a Spec Ops 2. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  2. May 15, 2014
    WHAT A GREAT GAME
    One of my all-time-favorite
    gorgeous environments
    good shooting
    really original story that is really gonna get you into it
    LOVED IT

LISTEN, if you dont have it, BUY IT !
  3. Apr 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you want to go into the game without spoilers you simply cant go wrong here as its one of the best game stories I've seen in ages and it seems many agree with me. Those of you who don't care the story is based around war is hell and making you feel guilty for the horrible things you have done. For example at one time you can decide to use white phosphorus (fire it and there's no more anything) at a group of enemy's. As you watch them burn to death you discover you have killed a large group of civilians, including children, and you're comrades hold you to this for the rest of the game. I felt like the devil himself.

The setting is also awesome. Dubai has suffered a horrible sandstorm for months and a army group has lost contact with HQ so you're sent in to find out was going on. Turns out the army and locals are at each others necks and survival is a factor of every day life. There's betrayal, paranoia and a large sense of getting absolute no help from the outside world. Oh and one thing, that ending, that was it. And one huge point is its one of the fewer modern shooters I've seen that isn't racist. YAAAY

But the reason it hasn't got a perfect score is the combat. Its just a gears of war with some flashy elements like sand mechanics but the enemy will kindly stand in front of it saying " hope no one kills us"

But for the story, setting and characters alone this gets a recommendation from me

But the reason
  4. Mar 24, 2014
    Spec Ops The Line is not just another shooter. Although the mechanics are not the best, the harrowing, realistic storyline shows you just what the effects of war are.
    With a sizeable campaign and brilliant music design, Spec Ops certainly is outstanding. One thing I especially enjoyed in my playthrough of the game was the hard choices it presents you with in the second half of the game - and the outstanding graphical quality.
    I, as a gamer, enjoy multiple-ending games and realistic games. The plotline, unlike other shooters, is unpredictable. It shows that the developers show true thought for the soldiers. A gripping experience, to say the least.
    One other thing I must say is that, on the negative side, the campaign is not quite as good as I have been mentioning until around the one-third or halfway mark. However, if you stick through the relatively uninteresting first part, you find that the game is amazing. It demands highly of your psychology - you truly have to think. It plays on your mind, but it is the kind of game that truly makes you want to play it when you are not.
    This game is certainly in my top ten list, albeit the generic gameplay.
  5. Mar 2, 2014
    Spec Ops: The Line has probably one of the greatest stories of any game out today. For this reason alone it will forever be one of my favorite games. After beating the game for the first time, and knowingly missing out on certain campaign choices I had to play and beat the game again, and again, and again. There are four different endings and it was worth it for me to play the game throughSpec Ops: The Line has probably one of the greatest stories of any game out today. For this reason alone it will forever be one of my favorite games. After beating the game for the first time, and knowingly missing out on certain campaign choices I had to play and beat the game again, and again, and again. There are four different endings and it was worth it for me to play the game through four times, it may not be the case for others, but it was honestly a perfect story. Reason for 8 out of 10? Multiplayer lacks good quality. I enjoyed it, but being a gamer that has played shooters for years, I dominated so badly it was terribly un-fun. Getting near thirty kills per game and only two or three deaths isn't as fun as it sounds. Buy this for the story, not the multiplayer. Expand
  6. Jan 5, 2014
    Brilliant Game, it puts an interesting spin on the classic third-person-shooter genre and doubles the experience with the inclusion of moral choices and really explores the questionable nature of violence in video games and in real life also.
  7. Dec 3, 2013
    This is a beautiful and dynamic game in every aspects. Atmosphere,Gameplay Not repetitive) and epic history. Every person who love the vídeo games Must Play this game.
  8. Oct 29, 2013
    A game that sells based on letting you commit fake violence while screaming about the immorality of said fake violence. Take the 'moral' choice and don't even buy the game.
  9. Jul 13, 2013
    I found Spec-Ops The Line a good game, the setup is fun, where you go walking into Dubai in a state of destruction, your "evacuation" mission suddenly changes from that to being hunted and racing though the buried city, The graphics in this game are really good, and you go through interesting places such as museums and beautiful places for example. Gameplay: another game they take tooI found Spec-Ops The Line a good game, the setup is fun, where you go walking into Dubai in a state of destruction, your "evacuation" mission suddenly changes from that to being hunted and racing though the buried city, The graphics in this game are really good, and you go through interesting places such as museums and beautiful places for example. Gameplay: another game they take too seriously like only 2 weapons. As for the multiplayer, I LIKED IT, this ANNOYS ME SO MUCH! nobody plays it omg! There are few games I would play online, such as RFG and thus nobody even plays that, I enjoyed this games multiplayer but very sadly, nobody plays it. Sometimes in the single player, you can choose what to do, although it doesn't really affect the outcome of the story. Given that nobody plays the multiplayer other than Mutiny and Team Deathmatch sometimes, I give this 7/10 as a result instead of 8/10 or 9/10, and it counts as a loss if you quit as well which is completely unnecessary. A shame that we get great games sometimes and nobody plays it, just because it's more different from typical first person shooters out there in this poor generation, this game was a flop and sold terrible. And for the record, I'm gonna need pain killers if I'm gonna play and finish this on FUBAR difficulty (only a joke), the achievements to this game are easy but this is the only one I can't get. If you like a good character driven campaign and a more unique story, pick this up, but if you only want to play the multiplayer and got no interest in what this game's about, you're wasting your money. Expand
  10. Jul 5, 2013
    This game is riveting and very compelling. The story arc is not what you would expect from a FPS shooter, There are many twists and turns that will keep you asking questions before and after the climax of the game. The environment looked fantastic and it was beautiful. If you can look past an at times lackluster and punishing cover system then i certainly suggest this game to anyone whoThis game is riveting and very compelling. The story arc is not what you would expect from a FPS shooter, There are many twists and turns that will keep you asking questions before and after the climax of the game. The environment looked fantastic and it was beautiful. If you can look past an at times lackluster and punishing cover system then i certainly suggest this game to anyone who loves a great story. 10/10 Expand
  11. Jun 21, 2013
    It was a good game I enjoyed it i'm a big fan of yager they took part in Rage.One of the best Developers this is a must buy my friend.Do not pass this up.
  12. Jun 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Meh. That's all I really got from this game. This game seemed to be somewhat of a vanilla version of Rainbow Six Vegas 2, but your team isn't as controllable as it was in that one. The game play was very linear, and it was basically just a constant reply of get to a zone, take cover, kill people, move on. Painfully long loading screens, wonky AI, and overusage of what is quickly becoming synonymous with many FPS story lines.....disassociative/hallucinogenic cutscenes. Didn't really wow me, although some parts of the game were marked with some "wtf" moments (in a good way). Could have some replayability to it, but I'm probably not going to. This was a one play through-er. Expand
  13. Jun 16, 2013
    First the negative part of the game. There was only 1 thing that I was disappointed in. The main character always seemed to have his mouth hanging open and looked like a goober. That being said, the rest of the game was quite enjoyable. The controls were very responsive, the sounds and graphics were very good, and the story was interesting. Overall I would have given the game a higher markFirst the negative part of the game. There was only 1 thing that I was disappointed in. The main character always seemed to have his mouth hanging open and looked like a goober. That being said, the rest of the game was quite enjoyable. The controls were very responsive, the sounds and graphics were very good, and the story was interesting. Overall I would have given the game a higher mark than 8 but forcing me to look like a goober was just not cool Very fun, 3rd person shooter. Expand
  14. Apr 27, 2013
    Until one faithful day when I came across this gem at a discount on XBL marketplace, I was in the belief that a Gears of War style third person shooter set in a broken world couldn’t possibly offer me anything that I hadn’t seen before, I’m looking at you Dark Sector and Inversion. Boy was I wrong.

Spec Ops: The Line is a game set in a Dubai that’s been ruined by sandstorm and you’re Captain Sheppard, I mean Walker, seriously, why does the dude look like Sheppard? Anyways, you’re Captain Shep-Walker and you’re on a recon mission to scout for survivors, along for the ride is the leveled headed sensible black guy, because god forbid that minorities should be flawed, and of course, wise cracking sniper young jock white guy.
    Whilst scouring the outskirts of Dubai you come across a radio broadcast, and when you investigate you’re attacked by the natives and you come across a dead American soldier. You decide to investigate and during your ride you’ll come across dick CIA operatives helping the natives fight the evil Damned 33rd soldiers, whom of course are lead by your old mentor, John Conrad. Throughout the game, you’ll be making some tough decisions, not like in Gears where you pick what corridor you want to go through, no, real hard choices. The kind of choices where there are no right answers, only less wrong ones, my advice is to always go against Sergeant Sniper Jock as he never actually seems to give a and you won’t have to listen to Grandma black guy for the next half hour until there’s another decision to be made.
    The gameplay is straight forward, if you’ve played a third person military shooter set in a world that’s been invaded by Sir Wally McChesthigh, you’ve played them all. The controls work, and the AI is decent.
    I recommend it if you’re willing to stick with it to the end, if you don’t have 8 10 hours to kill over a weekend don’t bother, because there are better games out there. As I said before, the game play is nothing special, it’s the story that carries this otherwise mediocore title all the way to the finish line and to the top 5 of 2012.
  15. Apr 23, 2013
    This is the best story-based shooter I have ever played, and in fact, probably top ten of all time for stories. It forces you to take some truly gruesome actions, all under the guise of having to do the job, to protect the masses. You find yourself emotionally invested as a result, and as the story progresses, you start to feel bad about your decisions, just in time for the next moment ofThis is the best story-based shooter I have ever played, and in fact, probably top ten of all time for stories. It forces you to take some truly gruesome actions, all under the guise of having to do the job, to protect the masses. You find yourself emotionally invested as a result, and as the story progresses, you start to feel bad about your decisions, just in time for the next moment of heroics, to build your ego back up. Well thought-out, interesting characters, and with several twists throughout, you will have no idea what happened once you achieve one of the 4 (yes 4) different endings. With the ability to replay the game at the Chapter level, you can experience all the endings without putting 4 playthroughs in, which is also nice. The only gripe is the AI on Normal mode is a little goofy at times, but overwhelmingly firefights are exciting, fun, and have you looking forward to the next one. The game is beautiful, animation is quite good. This is quite simply a fantastic game. Expand
  16. Apr 9, 2013
    Since there is a demo I won't mention game-play and let you determine your feelings on it. with that out of the way this game has the BEST story of any game I've played, including many rpgs. It is a modern take on the classic "Heart of Darkness". This game also manages to raise moral/ethical questions without seeming heavy-handed or biased. This game is one of the few that give credence toSince there is a demo I won't mention game-play and let you determine your feelings on it. with that out of the way this game has the BEST story of any game I've played, including many rpgs. It is a modern take on the classic "Heart of Darkness". This game also manages to raise moral/ethical questions without seeming heavy-handed or biased. This game is one of the few that give credence to video games being called art. Expand
  17. Apr 5, 2013
    this game was fantastic! the story was well told and emotional, the characters were solid and likeable, and the gameplay was satisfying and brutal. Dubai is a beautiful destroyed city with frequent sandstorms and gunfights. I haven't had a chance to play the multiplayer but the story and single player campaign is well worth the purchase. replayability is pretty high as well with hiddenthis game was fantastic! the story was well told and emotional, the characters were solid and likeable, and the gameplay was satisfying and brutal. Dubai is a beautiful destroyed city with frequent sandstorms and gunfights. I haven't had a chance to play the multiplayer but the story and single player campaign is well worth the purchase. replayability is pretty high as well with hidden collectibles to be found and different endings and moral choices to see. overall an awesome war shooter with a great story and satisfying gameplay. I REALLY enjoyed this game. Expand
  18. Mar 29, 2013
    Spec Ops: The Line will change you. If you have the capacity to fully immerse yourself in a narrative, to buy into the questions asked, and to allow even a moments thought on who and why you are killing, then Spec Ops the line will forever make impotent any high action shooter on the market. Immerse yourself, and enjoy. (Disclaimer: combat is not that great, but your not SUPPOSED to enjoySpec Ops: The Line will change you. If you have the capacity to fully immerse yourself in a narrative, to buy into the questions asked, and to allow even a moments thought on who and why you are killing, then Spec Ops the line will forever make impotent any high action shooter on the market. Immerse yourself, and enjoy. (Disclaimer: combat is not that great, but your not SUPPOSED to enjoy it. Convenient no?) Expand
  19. Mar 14, 2013
    Although not from a mainstream blockbuster franchise, Spec Ops: The Line is a surprising solid shooter in all departments. Graphics are excellent with superb lighting and good textures one of the best looking Unreal Engine 3 games on the Xbox 360. Framerate is smooth and rarely drops even at very intensive parts. The campaign is of good length, with the highest difficulty being justAlthough not from a mainstream blockbuster franchise, Spec Ops: The Line is a surprising solid shooter in all departments. Graphics are excellent with superb lighting and good textures one of the best looking Unreal Engine 3 games on the Xbox 360. Framerate is smooth and rarely drops even at very intensive parts. The campaign is of good length, with the highest difficulty being just right. The setting of it being in Dubai manages to mix a perfect blend between realistic and intense warzone-looking parts with beautiful scenery. Level design is fairly generic but it's not too repetitive, and is generally high quality. The story isn't your conventional military shooter; it's actually written by an author so you can expect higher than average entertainment value in that department. As for the most important part in a shooter the mechanics and controls they are very impressive. Those who have played Gears of War or even Uncharted will feel right at home here. Controls are responsive, fluid and consistent for the most part. The game mechanics are your typical third person shooter, but executed with perfection. The cover mechanic is not a hassle, aiming both in and out of cover is simple and fast, you can swap shoulders etc. All the common sense stuff is here, with logical button layout. The gunplay is similar to Uncharted's mechanics; however since the weapons are fully licensed you can take advantage of selective fire for some weapons. You should not be put off buying this excellent title if you're after a solid single-player third person shooter simply because it's not branded. Be assured that this is a high quality game with few mistakes, and excels in all areas. It doesn't push the boundaries or do anything new there's nothing 'special' or unique but it does do everything very well. The only minor setback is your teammate AI. They will not position themselves well at all in combat, and whilst you can order them to attack, you can't move them into cover. There is very little you can actually order your teammates to do, but there doesn't feel like anything's missing. All in all, this is a robust third-person shooter in all aspects. Expand
  20. Mar 3, 2013
    For a fan of shooters, the ease of gameplay may be a big deterrent. However, and seeing as today's games are further breaking the boundaries of story, this one reaches for the sky and beyond. A well orchestrated story with character, fleshed out and at times dramatically surrendering. A simpleton with a pension for KVD and the Call of Duty series could never enjoy a game like this. ThoughFor a fan of shooters, the ease of gameplay may be a big deterrent. However, and seeing as today's games are further breaking the boundaries of story, this one reaches for the sky and beyond. A well orchestrated story with character, fleshed out and at times dramatically surrendering. A simpleton with a pension for KVD and the Call of Duty series could never enjoy a game like this. Though for those who want a little experimentation in exposition, as well as an interesting Apocalypse Now aesthetic, this game may very well be for you. *4 out of 5 stars." Expand
  21. Feb 26, 2013
    Spec ops the line, es un obra de arte, solo en historia, en puntos de jubailidad gráficos, sonidos tecnología esta bien. La jugabilidad es mas que simple pero buena. Gráficamente esta bien, con algunos puntos flojos y algunos que otros bugs que son muy lamentables. Pero lo que si vale la pena tener este juego es por la historia y sus giros que te dejan con la boca abierta y con ganas deSpec ops the line, es un obra de arte, solo en historia, en puntos de jubailidad gráficos, sonidos tecnología esta bien. La jugabilidad es mas que simple pero buena. Gráficamente esta bien, con algunos puntos flojos y algunos que otros bugs que son muy lamentables. Pero lo que si vale la pena tener este juego es por la historia y sus giros que te dejan con la boca abierta y con ganas de tirar el Joystick por la ventana. En fin Spec ops es un excelente juego pero con algunas cosas malas que son lo de menos. Y si lo juegas te va a quedar gustando. Expand
  22. Feb 24, 2013
    The Spec Ops games are probably one of the best. Nice graphics, good story, good gameplay. Just one wrong. Only a few games section shall walk, nothing else.
    The gameplay is very good for walking outside, and by the way, even the graphics are good.
  23. Feb 24, 2013
    Great campaign,great visuals,good gameplay.The game is awesome.The only bad thing is MP is not interesting.Not awful,but not good either.Loved the game.
  24. Feb 14, 2013
    An well-directed cinematic experience, full of "wow" moments thanks to the exciting graphics, dialogue and the clever insertion of pop music. Weapons are well ballanced and this game have the most acurate handgun i've experienced in videogames. That desert-eagle really kills! Some details put this game very up-to-date, for example the melee attack should be incorporated on every futureAn well-directed cinematic experience, full of "wow" moments thanks to the exciting graphics, dialogue and the clever insertion of pop music. Weapons are well ballanced and this game have the most acurate handgun i've experienced in videogames. That desert-eagle really kills! Some details put this game very up-to-date, for example the melee attack should be incorporated on every future shooter from now on. Really good experience, even if it's linear and scripted th only thins keeping it from getting a 10. Expand
  25. Feb 4, 2013
    Spec Ops: The line is another game that is all about the story and the message the developers are trying to put across. From a gameplay standpoint the game is completely mediocre with standard cover based shooting and sluggish controls. However this in a sense adds to the message of the game even more, as the game goes on it forces the player to question their progress and the people theySpec Ops: The line is another game that is all about the story and the message the developers are trying to put across. From a gameplay standpoint the game is completely mediocre with standard cover based shooting and sluggish controls. However this in a sense adds to the message of the game even more, as the game goes on it forces the player to question their progress and the people they have killed as a result as the main character descends into madness. The message works rather well, at one point near the end of the game, you are asked "Do you even remember why you came here?" and this hit hard, and made me think as the game often does Expand
  26. Jan 21, 2013
    Going into this game, I was already aware that the story was based on the book, The Heart of Darkness. Knowing this, my interest was piqued as I played through the campaign and was absolutely amazed by the plot of this game. As Delta Squad delves further into the city of Dubai, they are gradually changed by the horrors of war as their mission to save the civilians only gets worse. I'm notGoing into this game, I was already aware that the story was based on the book, The Heart of Darkness. Knowing this, my interest was piqued as I played through the campaign and was absolutely amazed by the plot of this game. As Delta Squad delves further into the city of Dubai, they are gradually changed by the horrors of war as their mission to save the civilians only gets worse. I'm not going to add any spoilers as I believe this is a story best told through the game itself.

I'll just go right ahead and say this first. The gameplay is NOT the focus of this game. This is a thinking man's game in the sense that it has it's own message and acts as one big commentary on the modern war genre of shooting games. If you're coming at this game thinking that this is some extravaganza of guns and fun in the sand, think again. The gameplay does what it's supposed to and not much more. The guns feel rather "meh" with the exception of a few overpowered hand-cannons that you wouldn't want to drop if it weren't for the scarcity of ammo throughout the game. The AI is also functional but prone to moments of stupidity. You do have the ability to give your squad orders, but it's rather limited for the most part. Everything works fine, but it's easy to tell that it's the story that's the highlight of the game.

As you continue to play the tones throughout the game gradually shift, turning darker, cynical, and more violent to reflect the squads' (especially Walker's) degrading mental states. The executions, which start as basic neck stomps and a quick shot to the head soon turn into savage beat downs and forcing a gun barrel into the struggling victim's mouth. Walker's orders also shift from being a professional to him breaking down to barking orders with no shortage of profanity.

To put things simply, this game gets disturbing. You're often forced into moral choices with no positive outcome and you're made to live with the consequences. And boy, are there consequences. There are moments in this game that hit you like a hammer as the game brutally ( and mockingly) reminds you that everything that has happened is entirely your fault. The game even outright tells you to stop playing if you don't want things to get any worse. The ending in Spec Ops is one of the best of any video game that I've seen in a very long time. Despite being based off a book (that I've read, no less), it's still so well executed that I can't help but be amazed by it. Definitely not something you want spoiled for you.
  27. Jan 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spec Ops: the line is a great game, fantastic storyline and very playable, easy to pick up gameplay. Alright the visuals are not stunning but they still look very good. Although Spec Ops doesn't really bring anything new to the table it is well worth the purchase, the 3rd person genre has plenty to offer and Spec Ops will never be top of the pile but if you like army of two or gears of war, you won't go wrong picking this up. Expand
  28. Jan 8, 2013
    Wonderful game! I love the story and cut-scenes very much, also the progress of it is very intense and interesting. Sometimes you have a choice and there are overall 4 endings. The game itself is nice - you shoot guys, there are quite a few weapons, like 12, there is a helicopter mission, parts with sniping, escorting, shooting from a nest with a mini-gun. Intense, powerful, interesting toWonderful game! I love the story and cut-scenes very much, also the progress of it is very intense and interesting. Sometimes you have a choice and there are overall 4 endings. The game itself is nice - you shoot guys, there are quite a few weapons, like 12, there is a helicopter mission, parts with sniping, escorting, shooting from a nest with a mini-gun. Intense, powerful, interesting to play.
    Best shooter of the year.
  29. Jan 2, 2013
    Spec Ops: The Line is a great game, you can't deny that. I just wanted it to be longer, it's quite short, but still, I thought it was amazing, quite underrated if you asked me, one of the best game this gen. Yes, it is that good, please buy it as soon as possible.
  30. Dec 25, 2012
    2K games publishes another bland boring shooter that I can't be bothered to finish like Borderlands 2. NPC use grenades and trying to avoid them is annoying due the contextual button for wall hug is the same as run, caused most of my deaths. The only good feature to this games is that I can trade it in like B2.
  31. Dec 22, 2012
    People looked upon this game as a mediocre, paint-by-numbers shooter, and I did too. When you think about it, why shouldn
  32. Dec 12, 2012
    In this day and age of gaming, we are always having military shooters shoved down our throats all the time and it has become extremely repetative. After hearing about spec ops the line I wasn't exactly jumping for joy for I am sick and tired of military shooters and the Spec ops series hasn't exactly had the best history. However, after playing Spec Ops I can honestly say that this is oneIn this day and age of gaming, we are always having military shooters shoved down our throats all the time and it has become extremely repetative. After hearing about spec ops the line I wasn't exactly jumping for joy for I am sick and tired of military shooters and the Spec ops series hasn't exactly had the best history. However, after playing Spec Ops I can honestly say that this is one of the best games of 2012 if not one of the best games of this generation. You assume the role of Captin Walker a US Delta force operator who is sent in with two other delta force operators named Lugo and Adams to the city of Dubai. A city that was destroyed by a deadly sandstorm and you are sent in to search for a high military figure named John Konrad, leader of the 33rd US batalion, who was has been missing for 6 months after being sent into the city against orders to save the citizens. Dubai is a beautiful world that I truly wanted to invest myself into. With wonderfully done lighting that properly that has a certain texture to it that brings this dead city to life, level design are all symbolisms of either political or other views of the world, graphite art on the walls for deeper meanings, and the wonderful voice acting. I could talk about the world nonstop however I am limited on characters. The story is quite possibly the biggest surprise for me, as it is the first military shooter that truly dives into the mind of a soldier and what war is like and what it truly does to the people in war. Spec ops will actually start of with nothing special going for it except for the fact that the game is extremely well written even thogh it starts off as a cleche. Spec ops eveloves and waits for u to find the answers of the story which is something that we have't seen since bioshock and something we've never seen in a military shooter. The secrets in dubai is something you want to find out for urself and it is truly disturbing. In fact it can be too disturbing for some and if you really pay attention u may feel bad that you are actually playing the game making it one of the best story experiences of the last few years. Discussing themes such as anti-war, does any reason for killing really change the context of muder, why do we try to be heros when we are not, is fighting for your country a good enough reason to kill, the mind of a soldier in the battlefield, the choices soldiers must make, deception, insanity, and the list goes on really delivering something that we rarely see in gaming and something we never see in a military shooter. Now gameplay in Spec ops believe it or not is extremely entertaining, while the gameplay doesn't innovate like the story it's definately playable and plays extremely well. While I may have some gripes of the fact that sometimes Walker will still get hit even while in cover that is minor for what the gameplay gets right. Now this may be hard to believe but Spec ops the line's enemy and ally AI is actually quite brilliant, enemies know the terrain and will take every advantage they can to kill you. They will flank you, throw grenades at you, throw grenades not directly at you but close enough to kick up clouds of sand to blind you, they will use cover fire and move from cover to cover and have no predictable patterns, and will have fantastic aim but not cheap. Even your allies are extremely smart, they dont get in your way and they actually kill enemies, better yet u can command them to kill certain targets and if you order them to kill a target they 9.999 times out of 10 will kill him right away and if not quick enough Lugo will either snipe him if hes far away or Adams will throw a grenade. Either way they will always get the job done and I am happy with how Yager handled the AI. However, multiplayer is this game's down fall, while it isn't horrible (trust me i've played some really bad multiplayer) it doesn't do anything different and it is clearly obvious that it was half assed and only put their becuase 2K told them to put it in there. Not going to go into any details with that just know that multiplayer isn't anything to write home about. Spec ops the line truly surprised me, it did something that i was not expecting and truly is the best military shooter to date. All for its mature handling of adult themes, fantastic writing, beautiful world, captivating and deep story, and everthing that a game should have, context, focusing more on the moments and the emotions than the typical badass high five dudes. Now it isn't perfect like every other game i still find things i dont like however Spec ops the line is a special game that makes u angry that u even enjoy violent games a game that will have u think about certain themes without pushing it down your throat. I can't reccomend it enough, stop reading this review and go get this game.....what are you waiting for? Go now! Expand
  33. Dec 1, 2012
    Finally. It took long enough but we finally have a shooter with a story worth following. Highly recommended. The graphics are great, the sound design in awesome, the controls are great although I hate the fact that a few buttons do multiple moves causing some problems. The sand is a cool novelty but after a few times you will get over using it as a weapon. The story mode is perfectlyFinally. It took long enough but we finally have a shooter with a story worth following. Highly recommended. The graphics are great, the sound design in awesome, the controls are great although I hate the fact that a few buttons do multiple moves causing some problems. The sand is a cool novelty but after a few times you will get over using it as a weapon. The story mode is perfectly balanced in regards to ammo and set pieces but the difficulty is up and down. As good as the game looks the bloom is overdone at times and after a while the look of the city and desert gets a tad old. The indoor sections mix things up a bit. Multiplayer is just an add on that gets old quickly. But this is a game you will want to play for the single player anyways. Very few games have a story so deep and so emotional. Some of the things you do and see are not for the faint of heart. But this is the direction I wish more games would go. Very few shooters these days are worth playing for their story and luckily, the game is fun enough and interesting enough that you will enjoy seeing where the story goes. Great game. Expand
  34. Nov 14, 2012
    This game is great, but not for the reasons you'll hear from most. Ask around the internet and you'll find that this is the (apparently) long awaited game were you "finally get to kill Americans". The simpletons who find joy in this aspect are missing the real message that makes Spec Ops: The Line; War makes everyone the bad guy. It's hard to explain this concept without giving spoilers,This game is great, but not for the reasons you'll hear from most. Ask around the internet and you'll find that this is the (apparently) long awaited game were you "finally get to kill Americans". The simpletons who find joy in this aspect are missing the real message that makes Spec Ops: The Line; War makes everyone the bad guy. It's hard to explain this concept without giving spoilers, but rest assured; this theme will characterize your experience. This game knows what it is to be gritty, and it's not a dark color palate and constipated voice actors. It's making the player feel truly guilty for what they do. Spec Ops does this all too well. Expand
  35. Nov 11, 2012
    What may seem like a rather generic Third Person Shooter set in an interesting location you've played dozens of times, Spec Ops: The Line quickly turns into one of the most engaging and thought provoking shooters and/or video games in general in recent memory. The developers purposely play on this fact and mentality only to pull the rug from underneath your feet and show you the other sideWhat may seem like a rather generic Third Person Shooter set in an interesting location you've played dozens of times, Spec Ops: The Line quickly turns into one of the most engaging and thought provoking shooters and/or video games in general in recent memory. The developers purposely play on this fact and mentality only to pull the rug from underneath your feet and show you the other side of the genre which has seldomly been explored. Even after finishing the game you'll sit wondering about the choices you made, the consequences of those actions and whether or not what you did was truely 'right', as there is no clear line in the proverbial sand on the issue. Spec Ops: The Line is one of the most engaging and totally enthralling titles to come out this generation, and one that should not be left unexperienced by any gamer wanting more out of this interactive medium. Expand
  36. Nov 2, 2012
    1 thing: The story! I have never seen a story like that. The gameplay is not wow, because the controls don't feel well and the shooting doesn't feel well. In the game you can find alot of items that tells you something about the story and what is happening in Dubai after the sandstorm. This game is not great in the multiplayer section but if you love great stories and you are a fan of1 thing: The story! I have never seen a story like that. The gameplay is not wow, because the controls don't feel well and the shooting doesn't feel well. In the game you can find alot of items that tells you something about the story and what is happening in Dubai after the sandstorm. This game is not great in the multiplayer section but if you love great stories and you are a fan of first person shooter.. You must play this game!!! Expand
  37. Sep 22, 2012
    what a great game. the actual gameplay is standard 3rd person shoot with nothing new, but all the controls work well. the story is where this game shines bright like a becon of hope for games every where. they say they drew inspiration from heart of darkness but thats where it ends. spec ops is its own unique take on it and is in no way similar to a Apocalypse Now. I have never played awhat a great game. the actual gameplay is standard 3rd person shoot with nothing new, but all the controls work well. the story is where this game shines bright like a becon of hope for games every where. they say they drew inspiration from heart of darkness but thats where it ends. spec ops is its own unique take on it and is in no way similar to a Apocalypse Now. I have never played a game through twice but this i have. the multiplayer is very basic but it is unique to this game but still enjoyable. anything else will ruin it, so this is a game you need in your collection Expand
  38. Sep 20, 2012
    "Spec Ops: The Line" truly surprised me. Upon hearing about it, when it first came into production, I blindly assumed this would be another 'bog-standard' third person shooter... Oh how I was wrong.
    Upon entering the game you get the usual intro i.e. here's who you are, here's your team and a story based tutorial to get you used to the controls and enter you into the world. From there the real story begins. You are sent on a recon mission to find survivors of the war in Dubai, which has been devastated by a sandstorm, but something is amiss. From there the story gets better and better, more gripping as each page of the story unfolds to the point were you can't put the controller down as you are desperate to find out what happens next. The gameplay is rather simple but there's nothing bad about that. It sticks true to most third-person shooters so it's easy to pick up, using a cover based system so you have to think tactically about the fight before you run in 'all guns blazing'. In many circumstances 3 or 4 shots from the enemies will kill you. Your team mates also take damage so you have to watch out for them. You can also control your team in various ways such as making them throw flashbangs or grenades. "Spec Ops: The Line" has a very big interaction with the environment. For example you can throw grenades at certain walls which will blow open pouring sand over your enemies and drowning them, so there are many ways to eliminate your opponents. The game prompts you when it reckons it is a good idea to throw a flashbang or tells you to tell your team mates to target a certain target such as a sniper far away. However the game isn't easy, but its not hard either. Certain points in the game prove for a very hard fire-fight, so there's definitely a challenge for the 'harder' gamers. Enemies vary in weapons and style of fighting and the enemies get harder as the game develops. But... The best bit about this game for me was the decision making parts. In most games it's very basic i.e. good or evil. However, in "Spec Ops: The Line" they take decision making to a whole new level. There's no good or bad options in this, each decision is a morals check. Out of the two options which do you believe is less 'evil' then the other? There were several moments in this game where I was left 'mouth wide open' in utter shock as to what my character had actually just done. This draws you more into the character, making you take a good look at the decision and thinking was there a better way around it and most of the time, there isn't. It's deciding the lesser of two evils which makes this game so memorable. Graphics are really good. Nothing compared to games such as 'Gears' and 'Forza' however they are still very good and nothing to complain about. Another great aspect is because of the decision making, you really want to know what the other decision impacts on the game. This made me complete it 3 times, on 3 of the 4 difficulties, skipping out easy. There is also 4 really varied endings which is another reason the game makes you want to keep completing it. Altogether this is one of the most surprising games of 2012, a true gem that every gamer should experience. Fantastic story, good gameplay, good graphics and memorable decision making. A great game.
  39. Sep 9, 2012
    This is... okay. The story's decent and not gripping at all. Gameplay is sort of like Gears of War, witch does not work as well. Multiplayer is alright, nothing great like Battlefield's multiplayer. I was hopping it would be great but it not. Spec Ops: The Line 6.4/10
  40. Sep 8, 2012
    the best storyline and script a shooter has EVER had, the gameplay is a little clunky, but the story was SOO well written that it had me thinking, WHILE SHOOTING! this isn't just a shooter, this is a shooter with a story that makes sense. However, the multiplayer is just average, so I guess that's what makes me give it a 9/10
  41. Aug 27, 2012
    Interesting story, average gunplay, good lighting and graphics.
    Didn't expect much but the single player is quite additive, when i played COD:MW3s single player it was just here we go again but Spec Ops: The Line has it's own style and is a nice change.
  42. Aug 27, 2012
    I'd be lying if I said that this game was the best thing since sliced bread. The gunplay, while serviceable, is fairly average, the cover system needs a bit more work and the sand mechanic is simply too contextual to be of any interest. However, the game contains what is quite possibly the most profound story I have EVER experienced in a game. This is story that won't just make youI'd be lying if I said that this game was the best thing since sliced bread. The gunplay, while serviceable, is fairly average, the cover system needs a bit more work and the sand mechanic is simply too contextual to be of any interest. However, the game contains what is quite possibly the most profound story I have EVER experienced in a game. This is story that won't just make you question the motives your character has for fighting, it will ask you in quite a lot of different ways "Why do you enjoy playing these sort of games? Do you enjoy butchering and slaughtering people on screen?". It is a game that will ask you, the player "Do you feel like a hero yet?". Couple this with fantastic environments and you will be in an experience you will NEVER forget. It may not be game of the year, but Spec Ops: The Line might be the most important game of our generation in terms of its story and the questions it asks. Expand
  43. Aug 13, 2012
    This is a great game. Wonderful voice acting and hauntingly compelling story. Can't praise this game enough. The only complaint I can find is that I wish you could roll out of the way but other than that the controls are good. This is a must play. Buy it!
  44. Aug 8, 2012
    Awesome game especially on pc. Tilting gameplay accompanied with astonishing field of view (well on hd6950 @ 3x fullhd) that is and thre sound quality (asus xonar essence) is upmost adding to this brilliant game-experience. Try it on pc as well.
  45. Aug 5, 2012
    I picked up Spec Ops: The Line with the expectation of just another generic, basic, third-person shooter. I expected a main character who is a generic, "made to raise the flag" American elite soldier sent into a desert environment to blow sit up in the name of Uncle Sam. I punched myself straight in the balls when I finished it! My mind was blown by the ending. I won't spoil anything, butI picked up Spec Ops: The Line with the expectation of just another generic, basic, third-person shooter. I expected a main character who is a generic, "made to raise the flag" American elite soldier sent into a desert environment to blow sit up in the name of Uncle Sam. I punched myself straight in the balls when I finished it! My mind was blown by the ending. I won't spoil anything, but it was not what I had expected. When you get down to the gameplay, yes it is fairly generic. The closest comparison I can make is with Gears of War: The cover based shooting does feel repetitive at times, but like Gears of War it somehow doesn't feel old, adding new weapons, and new enemies just at the right time to keep you engaged. As the story progresses, it should be noted that the dialogue during combat also changes, as well as the brutality of close quarters execution moves. However, it should be said that the gameplay is very linear, and those seeking a unique gameplay experience should look elsewhere.
    The element that keeps you engaged the most, and putting up with linear cover based shooting is the story. Dubai is destroyed by catastrophic sandstorms, and you and your two comrades from Delta Force go in to locate survivors, then radio for evac, and go home. Obviously that isn't all that happens. The story just continues to unravel deeper, and deeper, keeping you on the edge of your seat, but the real KABOOM! is the endings, which all 4 of them blew my mind. How many third-person shooters have 4 different endings????
    The graphics are fantastic with realistic shadowing, and superb realism in character detail, with increasing levels of fantastic injury detail, and the sound design is very well done, with a very good soundtrack, and mostly unique gun sounds. Overall, this game is a fantastic game. The gameplay doesn't feel old or stale too often, and the story is well done. If you want a unique shooter I highly recommend it. If you want a game solely for the story, there are better games. If you want a game revolutionary gameplay, completely pass this game by.
    A solid 8/10 in my books.
  46. Aug 5, 2012
    This is a great game and I hate to see its score be lowered by people who cant spell, put together a proper sentence or contradict themselves in thier own reviews!!!! Example: one guy gave this game a failing grade because it was to easy, that he didnt die once but three sentences later said he hated how he kept getting killed over and over!!?? These types of reviews should not be allowedThis is a great game and I hate to see its score be lowered by people who cant spell, put together a proper sentence or contradict themselves in thier own reviews!!!! Example: one guy gave this game a failing grade because it was to easy, that he didnt die once but three sentences later said he hated how he kept getting killed over and over!!?? These types of reviews should not be allowed on this site, opinions are one thing but when there are obvious contradictions in said review then it is not worth hearing. The low scores may keep people away from a great game and fan boys over rate games that should be avoided. This game has a mature story for us ADULTS who play games. I wish just one first person shooter would have one, thats why COD still isnt nearly as good as fan boys, and even most professional critics, say it is: if you want to just mindlessly shot stuff play duck hunt or better yet try growing up. Expand
  47. Jul 31, 2012
    After playing this game, I can't believe the scores it has being given, based seemingly solely on the fact that it has a story that is a twist on the norm for a shooter. I found it to be endlessly repetitive...walk to the next area, get behind cover, kill the enemies...repeat. The only break from this monotony is when the controls don't work and you get killed...and this happens frequentlyAfter playing this game, I can't believe the scores it has being given, based seemingly solely on the fact that it has a story that is a twist on the norm for a shooter. I found it to be endlessly repetitive...walk to the next area, get behind cover, kill the enemies...repeat. The only break from this monotony is when the controls don't work and you get killed...and this happens frequently and is extremely frustrating. On the plus side, the level design is interesting and I liked the sand effects. The story was unique in that it made you sort of feel bad for enjoying playing the game and killing everything in sight, which, let's face it, is the point of this game genre.
    Besides the boring game-play, I was also disappointed by how short the game was. I don't know exactly how long it was, since I got killed a lot due to the crappy controls, but I would guess it was about 3 hours. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise though. I was glad when I completed the game and had little desire to replay it. I'm only glad I decided to rent it and not plunk down the full retail price to buy it!!
  48. Jul 22, 2012
    The psychological aspect of this game is one of the best in a long time, the gameplay isn't amazing, but get through the first half hour of the game and you are playing one of the best games ever,
  49. Jul 21, 2012
    Um jogo como poucos que sairam nos últimos tempos. Ótima jogabilidade que torna o jogo viciante principalmente em uma dificuldade maior.

Enredo muito bem elaborado que deixa a vontade de recomeçar e rever o que poderia ter feito ou não. Os sons são de excelente qualidade, lembrando até as grandes produções

Os sons são de excelente qualidade, lembrando até as grandes produções cinematográficas de ação.

Os gráficos usam o de melhor que a unreal 3 pode proporcionar e em certos pontos é facilmente confundí-los com CG's.

Um jogo que surpreendeu e que com certeza será lembrado por muito tempo.
  50. Jul 21, 2012
    Although the story wasn't really a choice by choice scenario, it was still surprising. A first person shooter now a days with a story that is better than modern day RPG games like Skyrim is a welcomed experience. Yes, it is a generic cover based shooter and no I did not play the multiplayer. Playing once through on the second hardest difficulty was challenging towards the end. I dislikeAlthough the story wasn't really a choice by choice scenario, it was still surprising. A first person shooter now a days with a story that is better than modern day RPG games like Skyrim is a welcomed experience. Yes, it is a generic cover based shooter and no I did not play the multiplayer. Playing once through on the second hardest difficulty was challenging towards the end. I dislike how you have to play it once to get the hardest difficulty but that adds some replay value for me in the future. Getting back to what I said early about the choices in Spec Ops there really aren't any until the later parts of the game and they are few. I won't go into any spoilers but with the sequel that I am sure they are already planning it would be nice to have the player impact the game more. With that said though, I think the writers did a nice job with the twists and turns. I would recommend to a person who is looking for a bit of a challenge, would have to play the hardest difficulty available, an interesting story, and light FPS elements. Expand
  51. Jul 18, 2012
    Spec Ops: The Line takes place in the sand storm ravaged city of Dubai, which has since become a derelict, damaged and worn down shadow of its former self due to the constant sandstorms that forced the citizens of Dubai to evacuate, some didn
  52. Jul 17, 2012
    I will ask you something... Is it worth pay 60 dollar for a game that the only thing is good is the story and nothing more? This game is too short (about 5 or 6 hours long), too linear, extremely generic (if you played gears of war 1,2 or 3 , army of two, kane and lunch you already played this game) and have a multiplayer that dont bring nothing new to the table. Overall a deception.
  53. Jul 16, 2012
    Spec Ops: The Line is a loose adaptation of Conrad's Heart of Darkness. It starts off like any other shooter: guns ablazing. But, somewhere between the second and third chapter it comes into its own. A thinking man's shooter with a well-acted and introspective script, it's is only let down by conventional shooter tropes. Linearity and waves of enemies serve to break the sense of immersionSpec Ops: The Line is a loose adaptation of Conrad's Heart of Darkness. It starts off like any other shooter: guns ablazing. But, somewhere between the second and third chapter it comes into its own. A thinking man's shooter with a well-acted and introspective script, it's is only let down by conventional shooter tropes. Linearity and waves of enemies serve to break the sense of immersion so expertly crafted by the engaging plot. Ultimately, this is a fun and unique experience in a sea of MWs and BFs. Give it a shot... and you might find one of the more memorable shooters in recent memory. Expand
  54. Jul 13, 2012
    Consequences, Spec Ops is full of them. Whether stemming from moral choices or arising from the misfortunes destiny consequences play a large role in this third person shooter inspired by Heart of Darkness (the novel not the 1998 classic PS1 game). What appears to be at a glance a military affair in Dubai, is quickly a morbid and shrouded character driven fight for survival. The gameplayConsequences, Spec Ops is full of them. Whether stemming from moral choices or arising from the misfortunes destiny consequences play a large role in this third person shooter inspired by Heart of Darkness (the novel not the 1998 classic PS1 game). What appears to be at a glance a military affair in Dubai, is quickly a morbid and shrouded character driven fight for survival. The gameplay has slick shooting mechanics and satisfying firearm combat, the brutality of which sells you on the tone this shooter conveys. If only the same could be said for the level design- placing heavy emphasis on killing many soldiers with little deviation other than an occasional gun turret section or a few on rails set pieces. The sandstorms also ratchet up the variety, adding a subtle but unique dynamic. Sand is unfortunately underused though. The presentation of high sky scraper building amidst the ruins of melting hot dessert and the thunderous explosions are exhilerating. Character models look a bit bland but the chemistry between characters is engaging as you really feel the tension and pressure in the game's story. Generally The Line is a decent, functional and brilliantly immersive third person shooter that lacks variety until the very end in terms of mission design. It's a tad more than your typical third person shooter but it's one that portrays the conventions of the genre to the point it feels slightly generic. Even so how often is it do we get a full story driven third person shooter that pushes multiplayer aside? not many. Expand
  55. Jul 11, 2012
    This game was alright, In no way shape or form is it a "Sandbox" game. The only thing that even relates to sand is the desert itself. The storyline however, is captivating. It puts you in the shoes of your character. I am not going to say to much because I do not want to spoil anything. All and all, this game is a good game, decent shooter, decent graphics. The only disappointing thingThis game was alright, In no way shape or form is it a "Sandbox" game. The only thing that even relates to sand is the desert itself. The storyline however, is captivating. It puts you in the shoes of your character. I am not going to say to much because I do not want to spoil anything. All and all, this game is a good game, decent shooter, decent graphics. The only disappointing thing about it is the fact that they said a "sandbox" game and how your decisions effect your outcome. The only outcome it effects is which achievement you get. Expand
  56. Jul 7, 2012
    War.
    War never changes.
    Welcome, to Spec Ops: The Line, a new brand of third person shooter that explores the gruesome reality of war itself, that there is no glory of firing one last bullet into your enemies; and this is why Spec Ops: The Line succeeds in what it does. You are Martin Walker, ably performed by none other than Nolan North, accompanied by your squad-mates Lugo and
    War.
    War never changes.

You are Martin Walker, ably performed by none other than Nolan North, accompanied by your squad-mates Lugo and Adams, and you have been sent to the now swallowed by sand metropolis of Dubai, a city that was once thriving with people, disintegrated into a huge sandpit with refugees populating the city. You have been sent to save survivors and discover the disappearance of the 33rd, a division of the USMC apparently gone rogue.

The story is very original, and very unexpected at times. There will be alot of "Where did that come from?!" moments in the story and that adds a distinctive element to this game, you literally can't mistake this game for another. The story will have you walk through broken airplanes, infested sewers and billion-dollar hotels.
    Because the main element of the games setting is sand, you will feel like you've been to some places before, although all of the set pieces still look amazing thanks to lighting effects and the darkness of indoor settings to reflect on the desolateness the Dubai really is. Graphics surprisingly look worse than the game itself due to slow loading textures, but they both look nice in the end.

Another point in the game that really shines through slow textures is it's script; paired together with some realistic voice acting by Christopher Reid (Adams) and Bruce Boxleitner (The Radioman) makes for some scenes that make you feel like you're in the moment, even though you wouldn't want to be.

Another annoying thing while you have to deal with through the ENTIRE game, are the controls. Buttons like X and B feel over used and sometimes unresponsive, resulting in your death. For instance, B is melee and vault. Doing one while the game recognizes it as the other is stupid and a really annoying factor to the game.

Adding to the disappointing end of the scale, the multiplayer is unimaginative and just plain boring to play. You have your standard Free-for-All and Team Deathmatch, with classes to pick from. It just feels like a CoD clone, and you're best off playing CoD instead if you're just here for the multiplayer. Although one part I liked about the multiplayer were sandstorms interfering with the match: despite sounding untimely, it actually gives the boring multiplayer something that heats up the battle.

Closing Comments:

Spec Ops: The Line is pretty average, in terms of the gameplay, with cliched fights and forgettable, repetitive setpieces. The A.I is challenging and the gunplay is fun, but the narrative is mentally moving, and it really tests you as a soldier; would you follow your orders, or do what you think was right.

Would you walk the line?
  57. Jul 5, 2012
    Spec Ops won't wow you with its graphics or gameplay. Instead it shows how much of a beat it is with one of the best stories a video game has ever crafted. Without spoiling anything I will say this. You will feel for the characters and be moved by the story. Games can make good stories but few can stand head to head with books, T.V shows and even movies. Spec Ops can, and while theSpec Ops won't wow you with its graphics or gameplay. Instead it shows how much of a beat it is with one of the best stories a video game has ever crafted. Without spoiling anything I will say this. You will feel for the characters and be moved by the story. Games can make good stories but few can stand head to head with books, T.V shows and even movies. Spec Ops can, and while the gameplay is decent the A.I is intelligent and the sand adds some interesting moments. The multiplay is decent enough as well. But be warned, this game is short and with that in mind, it is worth the price of admission. Expand
  58. Jul 5, 2012
    A refreshing take on your standard third person shooter. Keep in mind you have to play at least half way through the 6 hour campaign before things really get interesting. Up until that point your just shooting and covering a lot telling your team to do as much of the work for you as possible. What gives this game a high score is its eventual story arcs and plot twists. I do not want toA refreshing take on your standard third person shooter. Keep in mind you have to play at least half way through the 6 hour campaign before things really get interesting. Up until that point your just shooting and covering a lot telling your team to do as much of the work for you as possible. What gives this game a high score is its eventual story arcs and plot twists. I do not want to have this review contain spoilers so I will go no further. Hear the full review on the podcast;
  59. Jul 3, 2012
    I was kind of looking forward to playing this game. But now that I have finished it on the hardest difficulty setting, I can say that this is the worst game of 2012 so far. Extremely disappointing would be an under statement.

The game is essentially one big escort mission. Your two buddies constantly get killed. I do not think that I died on my own accord at all through the entire two playthroughs. It was always one or both of my buddies getting killed, forcing me to try and rescue them, and getting me killed in the process. When you design a game where your buddies gets hurts, make sure that you can control them so that you can hold them back from harms way. You can't have the buddies rushing forward all the time to get hurt. And make sure that when you are saving them, that you are invincible during that procedure. Also when you rescue your buddy, the camera spins around so much that you become disoriented and gets you killed.

For a game that makes you die so often, and so swiftly, make sure that the loading times are short. The loading time for this game is atrocious, even when it is installed on the xbox 360 hdd. I've spent more time watching the loading screen than playing the actual game.

Do not have unskippable cut scenes. Why do people still make games that forces you to watch stupid cutscenes. I've seen it once, and I don't want to see it again. And do not put forced save points before a cutscene. This is what happens. I die. Watch loading screen. Watch cutscene. I die. Repeat. This is poor game design.

Why does it take a whole clip to take down a baddie, when all it takes is one bullet from a baddie to kill you? The unbalanced nature makes your bullets pretty much useless. Especially when they are in such a short supply. If you are going to make a game that requires lots of bullets to kill a baddie, give us more bullets. If you only provide small amounts of ammo, make it so that the enemies die in one shot. This isn't a 3rd person shooter, it's a 3rd person hider because you spend most of your time hiding behind cover waiting for your buddies to take our the enemies. And why have a cover where your enemies can shoot you? It makes the cover system useless. There are also lots of 'traps' where it looks like you can take cover, but the game doesn't allow you to.

The controls are also super sluggish. It takes forever to take cover, come out of cover or do anything. And it only take one bullet to kill you. This is what happens. I take cover behind something. Enemy throws a grenade. The time it takes for the game to take you out of cover so that you can run away from the grenade is longer than the grenade fuse so you die. Sometimes, the grenade icon doesn't even show so you die anyway. Enemy nade spam was extremely aggravating.
  60. Jul 2, 2012
    God damn browser!
    I gave it a fxkking 10/10!!!
    Good luck I did check.

Best story ever If you played a lot of Call of Duty and Battlefield, which makes you feel like a hero and is always right You have to try this game Feeling the cruelty of war, consequence of your action Making you think Am I always right? This is surely a must play for those who like to play a game for it's story 10/10
  61. Jun 29, 2012
    Spec ops the line is just one of hunders rpg ported from consoles into pc.
    Gameplay wise its pretty boring and to easy since basicly console gamers arent that fast compared to pc gamers.
    Graphics are average even on pc. So if this game would cost 20 or so on steam it would be a good price for it, only 50 in steam is just overpriced to hell. Therefor a 6 , its not that bad its just
    Spec ops the line is just one of hunders rpg ported from consoles into pc.
    Graphics are average even on pc.
    Therefor a 6 , its not that bad its just nothing special.
  62. Jun 29, 2012
    I really like this game. The campaign is interesting, challenging, and brutal. The AI is pretty good with flanking. Multiplayer is fun, the maps are well designed and the cover system works. Although a separate button for melee and vault would be nice. It is not without flaws but still a good buy.
  63. Jun 27, 2012
    Spec Ops: The Line may look like a normal third person military shooter but, if you delve deeper into the game, the more you will notice it isn't your usual game. Spec Ops is a game that really makes you think about the decisions you make throughout the game. The story in Spec Ops is one of the best stories I've seen in a game. The characters and voice acting also make the game reallySpec Ops: The Line may look like a normal third person military shooter but, if you delve deeper into the game, the more you will notice it isn't your usual game. Spec Ops is a game that really makes you think about the decisions you make throughout the game. The story in Spec Ops is one of the best stories I've seen in a game. The characters and voice acting also make the game really come to life. I think that the setting of Dubai was a great design choice for the game and really offers a different feel than most games. The action and shooting mechanics all feel great, some of the set piece moments are really awesome. Spec Ops is actually a thinking mans game and is one of the few games that actually made me feel sorry or regret some of the things I did in the game. Yager did a great job on this game and I hope it sells well enough so they could possibly make a sequel. If you like story oriented games and a bit of good action, Spec Ops is the perfect game to play during the summer drought. Expand
  64. Jun 26, 2012
    Spec Ops the Line is totally awesome when play the game play the graphics is almost similar to Max Payne 3 so I would recommend you guys to get this game its totally the best and I that this game will be Game of the year
  65. Jun 26, 2012
    I give this game an honest 8.5/10, since the rating only let me vote in tenths, I'll round up versus down. The Campaign is a gritty story compelling you to make decisions of war for better or worse, and leave you living with your conscience in the end. The game doesn't try to make you a hero or a victor,, it makes you slowly degrade physically and mentally (albeit your team mates too)I give this game an honest 8.5/10, since the rating only let me vote in tenths, I'll round up versus down. The Campaign is a gritty story compelling you to make decisions of war for better or worse, and leave you living with your conscience in the end. The game doesn't try to make you a hero or a victor,, it makes you slowly degrade physically and mentally (albeit your team mates too) from the ravishes of this assignment, and all you are left with in the end, is facing your decisions and living with them, and you will wonder "what if I had done this instead", in the end, and that change in gaming influence was well done. I won't detail the SP game play since 'ole Xborn74 wrote a book lol

MP, which is why I bought it (I game tested the beta for 4 months two years ago) is good. Right now it brings to the table what the GRFS players want most, TDM and jump in the game so I can play the d*mn thing, server connectivity. Gears Of War mechanics (no roll), hardcore kills (no emptying clips for a kill, good clean shot, they're dead, that simple). Also, you can chose the rules you wanna play to a certain extent, or create a room and make your own, which I like so a friend and me can 1 v 1 each other and trash talk. The mechanics are a little loose compared to Gears, so you get clumsy now and then, but I think we all get clumsy in Gears from time to time also, so definitely not a game breaker, just learn the feel, and you're good to go. There are 5 MP modes if memory serves me right, and there isn't a big selection of maps, but neither was there in GRFS, and hopefully more will come, 2K in general, is good at supporting their games. All in all, I am pleased with the effort, sure MP might be running behind the SP in the glory, but one thing I can clearly point out to the die hard Ghost fans like myself 1) you can play the game without the server b.s. (disconnects/migrations ect...), keep your rank and awards 2) play objective or TDM/FFA 3) and save yourself the headache of hitting your head against the wall screaming wtf happened here. is it the best military shooter out there or worth $60 ? No (neither is Call of Noobs or Battlefunk), but right now it beats the could have beens, and would have beens, and that's why I believe it's worth recommending, and I have wasted $60 on a lot worse games that were promised it would to be soooo great. 2K never promised anything but a playable game to be enjoyed, and I got that (for my expectations) hands down.
  66. Jun 26, 2012
    I loved Spec ops back in the 90's and I was so excited for this game. It's a great 3rd person shooter with a great dark story. If you enjoy shooters it's a great game to have for any gamer.
  67. Jun 26, 2012
    "Spec Ops: The Line" is the ninth game of the franchise dating back to PC, 98, and is produced by 2K Games, using the Unreal Engine 3. The story is set in a Dubai devastated by a sandstorm, 6 months ago: some of the city's population escaped, but many were left behind in this chaotic and anarchic city; among those who stayed behind, there is a US Army Colonel, who contrary to orders, he"Spec Ops: The Line" is the ninth game of the franchise dating back to PC, 98, and is produced by 2K Games, using the Unreal Engine 3. The story is set in a Dubai devastated by a sandstorm, 6 months ago: some of the city's population escaped, but many were left behind in this chaotic and anarchic city; among those who stayed behind, there is a US Army Colonel, who contrary to orders, he decided to stay to help - all thought he was dead, until a weak broadcast is capted, and now, you and your squad enter this anarchic scenary to rescue him, and find several things toward this goal.The graphics are good but not excellent, being comparable to other games like Rainbrow 6 Vegas II or Operation Flashpoint 2 - the textures of characters have a good detail, but nothing to go to minimal skin texture. The same applies to other details such as footprints in the sand, which does not always appear, and the destruction effect, with large pieces - the details of the scenarios in the campaign are very good, and detailed.The colors of the game, that passes in a desert, have many strong colors that are heavy on a color theme, depending on the stage, and abuses of yellows and oranges, and you can opt for three tonal variations when starting the game (Vintage, Exaggerated and Normal) - obviously, the graphics are obscured a greater distance, by sand and wind, or the darkness that spread through the city without electricity.The game has a mixed musical background mixed, the main part orchestrated, with the typical style of action games. The acting is mixed, usually dialogues are good, but the acting is not perfect, and the voices are very constant in volume, whereas the general sound effects are good, especially in the climate of the place.You notice another similarity with Vegas II in relation to the enemies: it is always easy to know if there is any hidden in the stage, they scream incessantly, even when they are alone.The gameplay is of a great shooter in the 3rd person, strategic, but tending much action: there are 4 difficulties, and the most difficult (FUBAR) shall be released only after finishing the game on Hard (Suicide). The highlight is that the controls are intuitive and smooth, with no difficulty to play and enjoy the game.The stages are linear and with physical borders, having a goal, displayed on the screen, with its distance, and generally among them are facing waves of enemies to reach them - and the enemies are plentiful in the game, and are varied among survivors, and other military forces.The importance of the cover system is higher here, two or three shots from enemies kill you - and allied to it, the choice of weapons and the use of certain commands to your squad to ensure that you live longer. The grenades are throw with LB, and you can see the trajectory and possible deviations that they may have hiting objetcs.The life has regeneration, when in cover, and the damage is shown by taking a shade screen over white and black with blood around it - here, the damage in the higher difficulties is higher than in other games, but nothing too extreme.The enemy AI is mixed: generally do not have much strategy, just attack and use some cover, but every once in a while you, being the primary target of them do strange things like running behind our team, not caring that they are there, to kill you. The same applies to your Team AI: in general has a good performance, but are not extremely well-aimed and sometimes make suicidal decisions too, but do not die so much, by what I said above the enemy AI.The highlight if the gameplay is the destruction of certain structures in the game, which can fall or break in the case of glass, and the presence of climatic factors relating to sand in the game, and that much influence on the strategy used (many enemies attack from skylights high above), from the point of obscuring the vision enemy with storms of sand to break the structures of Cover / support of opponents.The variety of weapons is very good, and despite ammunition goes away fast in the action, you can get any weapons of the enemy, and re-supply points are abundant. The game's collectibles are items in the form of intelligence that give greater insight into story and do not always have the same look, with different objects each time.The game has Multiplayer, which can be played on Live or via System Link, and from what I read it is a competitive mode, based on the struggle between teams, in which changes in the scenarios by sand avalanches / storms or destruction of scenery. Seeing the trailer, seemed very similar to the MP of Vegas II .Summary: I found a great 3rd person shooter, being among my favorites: it has good graphics, with great weather effects and destruction, coupled with a strategic gameplay with more action, and well polished gameplay and controls (a detail that many other recent shooters do not have). If you like shooters with lots of action, this certainly deserves to be in your collection. Expand
  68. Jun 26, 2012
    Great 3rd person action game and deep dark story. I really enjoyed the original Spec Ops games and the new one combines great story telling, seamless level transition into the game I've been waiting for. Complete with environment effects, environment kill options, and morality choices, this is a sure sleeper hit. Multiplayer was mediocre and felt tacked on but its a solid single player game.
  69. Jun 26, 2012
    A great game with a dark story. After the Spec ops in the 90's I've been waiting for another one, and this certainly delivers. I love Spec ops, all of them. When there's lots of other shooters it's hard to find a difference between them but Spec ops manages to do this. A great game for anyone who like shooters.
  70. Jun 26, 2012
    When there are already hundreds of shooters like this already available, Spec Ops: The Line manages to offer a whole new experience. A mysterious and unpredictable plot, brand new game mechanics and a decent enough multiplayer, Spec Ops: The Line should manage to keep you busy this summer.
  71. Jun 26, 2012

1. Aug 11, 2012
    Spec Ops: The Line turned out to be a genuinely nice surprise, is designed for people over 18, not only by the constant shooting scenes but also for the tone, mature theme and psychologically demanding posture.
  2. Aug 8, 2012
    From around the halfway mark onwards, The Line is a gripping, at time harrowing, and unforgettable experience. [Sept 2012, p.66]
  3. Aug 6, 2012
    It may not be winning any awards, that's not to say that this is one of the most captivating shooters currently available to Xbox 360 users. The morality of your choices has never been so well presented as they are in Spec Ops: The Line and for that reason alone it's a game that everyone should experience, if only for a few short hours.