Spider-Man: Friend or Foe Xbox 360

6.3

1. Mar 21, 2012
    I liked the idea the developer had with the game but the way it was brought together was awful. Firstly to make a spin-off spider-man game based off the three movie considering the majority or characters you play as are all dead! I've seen better combat in WWE:Legends or Wrestlemania,better graphocs as well, the game is only worth playing if your an achievement whore or playing with yourI liked the idea the developer had with the game but the way it was brought together was awful. Firstly to make a spin-off spider-man game based off the three movie considering the majority or characters you play as are all dead! I've seen better combat in WWE:Legends or Wrestlemania,better graphocs as well, the game is only worth playing if your an achievement whore or playing with your yonger sibling/Nephew/Cousin. if you want a true Next-Gen Spider-man game play shattered dimensions or web of shadows, not this crap Expand
  2. Oct 29, 2012
    Overall a repetitive and boring experience, the game is very much catered to young kids. After the disastrous Spider-Man 3 and now this pile of garbage, fans might have to wait until SM4 hits theatres at another shot. Rent it for achievements or buy it for your kids, but make sure you know what you're getting into.
  3. Jan 21, 2014
    Spider-Man:friend or foe isn't a game everyone expected from its premise,but for what it is,it is a great kids game and also for fans of Spider-Man in general. It's nice to take a break from the recycled foundation of free form sandbox Spider-Man games and get one that is linear and somewhat repetitive. Now if that last sentence confused you a bit, it should. Cause my feelings toward thisSpider-Man:friend or foe isn't a game everyone expected from its premise,but for what it is,it is a great kids game and also for fans of Spider-Man in general. It's nice to take a break from the recycled foundation of free form sandbox Spider-Man games and get one that is linear and somewhat repetitive. Now if that last sentence confused you a bit, it should. Cause my feelings toward this game is the same way. When first announced that we will get to play as Spider-Man and his arch enemies that are somewhat designed and influenced to look like their movie counterparts,I dreamed it would be an awesome game. What we got is a video game aimed toward the younger crowd with adults to find something here to like. Let's start with the story. Not particularly interesting,as it's about a meteorite that resembles the symbiotic nature of venom crashing on earth spread across the globe and creating a new symbiotic threat to spider man and everyone else including the villains which then become under a mind control from the shards.spiderman is then forced to stop these villains and recruit them to help collect and destroy these shards. The story's only true purpose is to give you reason why you are going where you're going and why you need to do what you need to do. No character development,no twists,except for one at the end which I won't spoil,it's a bland story at best. The graphics are a cartoonish design of the movie costumed versions of characters like Spider-Man,of course,New Green Goblin,Sandman,and the likes.it does not push the hardware of the 360 at all but it stays at a solid 60 frames per second and load times are decent for it. Again,made for kids,so in that sense it gives off a Saturday morning cartoon feel to the looks.the sound is passable. It's campy and "animated" and the voice actors do their over exaggerated lines up to standards of a kids cartoon,but it's not anywhere near as bad as Web Of Shadows. It's supposed to sounds like they do,so this is intentional voice acting.the gameplay is a mix of God of War and Lego. Spider-Man has the most varied amount of moves and his sidekick will all have their own distinct looking attacks,but they all pretty much play the same no matter who you pick.the battle mechanics are simple to pick up and play,and offer little to no variation in moves.again,kids will enjoy this. Adults will find that this is somewhat of a blessing considering you can fight with a simplified control of attacks no matter how much you forgot to play this game.presentation is campy yet cheesy all at the same time. If that was their intention, then they achieved it well. By far their best presentation is the very first intro video,depicting Spider-Man facing off one by one his most well known enemies and then having them come together against him as to group up and take him on.this battle is an awesome cinematic to watch. Overall I enjoyed the game for what it's worth. If you go in with a simple mind and expectations that you will be playing one of the more highly intelligent kids game to come out for a while,you'll have fun. After all,it's awesome,even for a cartoon approach, to have the Green Goblin from the movie fighting with you in every level,sure,this game is repetitive as hell, but with its upgrade system for each character,the number of villains and heroes you can play ass,and the ultimately freaking sweet combined power moves unique to each of the characters except New Goblin,you will want the same enemies to fight to keep seeing the amazing powers each character portrays. But I do warn you, if you're an adult and looking for simple gameplay and a linear story,this game is best in short spurts,as it will wear you thin after the first 30 minutes and the repetition gets to be a larger and larger bore. So if you decide to play this game,play it in short spurts,maybe one level and then take a break from it,also play it for the awesome feeling of having Sandman pummel enemies with Spider-Man web slinging enemies around. Put don't play this game if you want a difficult challenge or a lengthy campaign or good story,for this will sorely disappointment you. Oh,and if you're a fan of the Sam Rami Spider-Man movies I guess you can qualify to play this game under the conditions I mentioned earlier. Rental at best,in my opinion. I personally bought it cause it is a game unlike any other.not a bad game for what it's worth,but not innovative in any way either,and pretty cut and paste Expand

I am giving FoF the benefit of the doubt because it's obvious that it's geared towards a younger audience: the difficulty is low, the action is mind-numbingly simplistic and the overall vibe of the game, from the art style to the character dialogue, is juvenile--as in youthful, not immature.
  2. Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, despite being aimed at a squarely younger audience, is a very fun game despite its simplicity. It doesn’t have the depth of something like say, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, but should provide plenty of fun for those looking for a simple brawler with characters from the Spider-Man universe.
  3. Some flashy action, a playful sense of humor, and a clean visual style bring this otherwise straightforward beat-'em-up to life.