Spider-Man: Friend or Foe Xbox 360

6.4

1. WyattG.
    Oct 16, 2007
    8 for kids or 5 for adults. I got this game on the day it came out in Australia for my youngest son who is 6. He and his 8 year old brother had lots of fun playing it, trying out the various superheros and villians as well as fighting each other in the versus mode. I have also played it with my wife, and whilst not being a challenge, I did enjoy the co-op play (which more games should 8 for kids or 5 for adults. I got this game on the day it came out in Australia for my youngest son who is 6. He and his 8 year old brother had lots of fun playing it, trying out the various superheros and villians as well as fighting each other in the versus mode. I have also played it with my wife, and whilst not being a challenge, I did enjoy the co-op play (which more games should have as it is better to play with someone else than alone) and it sure made for some easy achievement points. The graphics are ok (not next-gen though), the controls are easy (although there are lots of different moves available when using different combos of buttons), the sound is good and the voice acting has a nice touch of humour to it. It is definately aimed at a younger crowd and although single player is ok, 2 player co-op (not split screen) is much more fun. I don't think it is worth full price, but I suspect that it will be discounted fairly quickly (particularly after the poor reviews it has been getting), so if you can pick it up cheap and have kids it is well worth a go. Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2016
    It is a good game, but way too easy and not challenging. But, if you want to play with a friend, I would recommend it. But, if you want to play alone, if you don't mind how the gameplay is easy, you will have a good time.

I am giving FoF the benefit of the doubt because it's obvious that it's geared towards a younger audience: the difficulty is low, the action is mind-numbingly simplistic and the overall vibe of the game, from the art style to the character dialogue, is juvenile--as in youthful, not immature.
  2. Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, despite being aimed at a squarely younger audience, is a very fun game despite its simplicity. It doesn’t have the depth of something like say, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, but should provide plenty of fun for those looking for a simple brawler with characters from the Spider-Man universe.
  3. Some flashy action, a playful sense of humor, and a clean visual style bring this otherwise straightforward beat-'em-up to life.