SpongeBob's Truth or Square Xbox 360

• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Oct 26, 2009
6.5

1. Apr 27, 2017
    By far one of the most disappointing games in its relative franchise, Truth or Square is a very short and simplified game that's far too easy to beat 100%.

I went into this game in 2010, having just replayed through battle for bikini bottom to get myself in the mood. At first I was amazed by the visuals, controls and play style but I soon realised that this much polish didn't come without a price. The game is for too short and simple, with even the most basic gamers being able to beat this game within 6 to 7 hours. Of course, this wouldn't be so bad if the game actually had some challenge to it, but it honestly has very little.

For what it's worth, Truth or Square does mange to capture the Spongebob charm just as well as older Spongebob games did. The music is great, the story is cheesy and the gameplay is somewhat fun. Once you complete a level challenges are unlocked that (while mostly easy) were still fun to go and complete. Also hunting a sleeping Patrick in and some various other collectibles in every level was pretty fun to as finding hidden collectibles goes. Like the movie game with its upgrade points system, this game also has a collectible system. You collect coins in levels via picking them up or killing enemies and these coins can be used in the hub (Spongebobs house) to upgrade various furniture, buy costumes that the characters will be wearing when you see them or upgrade your health.

The game can be fun for traditional Spongebob fans who enjoyed the older games but this game unfortunately suffers from it's much more simple style and shorter overall game time.
    All in all not a terrible addition to the Spongebob series of games, but a definite downgrade from it's previous titles.
  2. Apr 7, 2016
    Globs of doom was just... bad, and this game... meh. It's okay. It was made by the same people who made Battle for Bikini Bottom, and I was a little disappointed. The level design is just... fine at best, but nothing special, the graphics are just okay, and the story has nothing to do with the episode: "Truth or Square" Literally everything about this game is... OKAY.
  3. Jun 1, 2014
    While some of the later stages may be boring or hard, it is overall a good with great controls, elaborated storyline and a lot of unlockables and challenges, which gives the game some replay value. Highly recommended.
  4. Nov 21, 2013
    This game. I think it is the WORST game for a kid to be playing. How do you expect your 7 year old child to play this?! every level is too hard for them. mine came to me complaining that he had 70 FRIGGN LIVES AND HE WASN'T EVEN ABLE TO COMPLETE THE 3RD LEVEL. What is this? A Game for Adults? Do not get this game.
  5. NicholasC
    Dec 31, 2009
    This is, by far, the best spongbob game made! The graphics are top notch (1080p) and it is a great game for both single and multi-player mode. So, to everyone who helped develop this game, great job!!!
  6. poopheadtookadump
    Dec 17, 2009
    This is an epic journey throughout bikini bottom, filled with epic fail!
  7. SantiSanti
    Nov 2, 2009
    Great platformer game! I love it! Long live SpongeBob!
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Diehard fans may enjoy all the familiar faces, but a few hours was too much for us. [Jan 2010, p.77]