Star Trek: Legacy Xbox 360

5.5

1. Mar 12, 2015
    Hahahaha, I plucked this game out of the bargain bin just to see what it was like! Mind bogglingly awful is the answer but it was good for a laugh! I have awarded bonus points because it has the bloke off of Quantum Leap doing the voice over.
  2. TomW.
    Apr 18, 2007
    Why? Why would they even release this game? It is poorly put together, boring, hard to control and just simply a really bad game. Don't waste your time. I'm a Trek fan and even this doesn't appeal.
  3. Quaid
    Dec 21, 2006
    This is a first, I have never given a video game a zero. They should have made the game flying around with guns and missles. They should have coppied the Crimson Skies idea but only in space. What a waste of money. I want to take it back but I haven't decided if I will because this means someone else will buy it and they will be depressed also. What a bomb, they need to have worse This is a first, I have never given a video game a zero. They should have made the game flying around with guns and missles. They should have coppied the Crimson Skies idea but only in space. What a waste of money. I want to take it back but I haven't decided if I will because this means someone else will buy it and they will be depressed also. What a bomb, they need to have worse ratings than zero, because this would have got a negative 100. Beam me up to a better game... please!!! Expand
  4. ArthurG.
    Sep 16, 2007
    I like Star Trek--I really do. I, like have all of the Original series episode. The same with Voyager, and The Next Generation, and even the flashback--Generations. I'm in process of getting 'Deep Space Nine right now. I have and have liked all of the other Star Trek games I've seen. I liked Elete Force. I liked Elete Force II. I liked Bridge Commander. I liked Starfleet I like Star Trek--I really do. I, like have all of the Original series episode. The same with Voyager, and The Next Generation, and even the flashback--Generations. I'm in process of getting 'Deep Space Nine right now. I have and have liked all of the other Star Trek games I've seen. I liked Elete Force. I liked Elete Force II. I liked Bridge Commander. I liked Starfleet Academy. I liked Star Trek Klingon (1996) I liked Deep Space Nine Harbinger (1995) I have at least one from the early 90', or late 80's but can't recal the name (good for it's time as well) But I don't Like this 'game'. You See Only Ships & Hear Only the captains voices--Might as well be a shuttle! I think some 'Manager' rushed this through (completion date comes first--not a good product). Must have thought 'just slap on a Star Trek Logo and all us trekker suckers would run to it.' (nothing to see here though. I'd give a minus nine (-7 out of +10) for insultingly stupit story line too--COME On!! a Vulcan Started the Borg!!!--You've got to be kidding me!!!! That's way too simple-minded--What, did thay run out of Ideas: how about, the board stared as a peacful face like the binoids (TNG Epesode 'Star Trek TNG - 1x15 - 11001001'. Peace loving untill they were attacked by a brutal race they finally defieted--thanks to Assemilation-- than they obsorbed enough of the blood-thurst of that group, as well as a tast for Assemilating to go from there. That at least would make sence--I and I thought of it in just a few seconds too!--they apparented (being experts story tellers) made no effort on the story line--I guess we're (or their reputation) wasn't worth it. Plus this 3 to 4 century only plot isn't even consistant with the rest of Star Trek. (some degress is acceptable, but this is blatent: Voyager sayed the Borge was around at least 700 years ago (Voyager Season 6 Episode 127 - Dragon's Teeth). That's even our past by centuries. This game seames like it's only a ruff draft of a game that had promise. If they had only followed the gaming method of Bridge Command (cartoons even) or Starfleet Academy--This could have been a series of holodeck missions at the Next Generation or Voyager Academy--for Echeve (sorry for the spelling). As a Star Trek game, this 'thing' makes me mad--I wish I hadn't spent the money on it. I don't even know how to make the Klingon ship cloack (and it 'times out'--I did it the first time I played, but can't remember how (that might be a bug, but the game's still weak), and it's NOT in the manual eather $#@!. Excuse my 'French'. In short, DON'T BUY IT. Just rent the thing and find out that I'm RIGHT. I can't believe it got as high a rating as it did--I guess there 'are' a few 'Die-Hart' trekkers that will take anyting labeled star trek. But you do all of us a disservice by not giving those game 'makers' some HONEST FEEDBACK, so that they know how -not- to manufacture cheap Games like this. Speaking of which, I think I'll send them a copy of this comment. feel free to copy-past this to your own feedback to them as well. They do well, but I'm welling to wait a year or two for a "good" game other hurrying to this ^&@$. --Ooops, excuse my 'French". Hoping to see better, A.G Expand
  5. LeroyT.
    Dec 20, 2006
    Don't believe these high user reviews - the PC and XBOX versions are identical. This game is inherently flawed and awful, bugs aside, the gameplay is BORING. The ship combat is terrible. This is space invaders set in the star trek universe.
  6. MattN.
    Dec 29, 2006
    I have never posted commentson here before. However I felt i needed to as this game is rubbish! Being a Star Trek fan I was excited about wning this game however it sucks.
  7. FredA.
    Dec 7, 2006
    I expected a lot more and was promised, but this game is very sloppy. The manual is incomplete and very thin. It
  8. DominickM.
    Dec 13, 2006
    Bad graphics. Bland gameplay. Uninspired voice acting. Boring plot. Lack of depth. All in all, big disappointment.
  9. BrettS.
    Dec 23, 2006
    I decided to give this game a try, even though the score was low, knowing full well that the Metacritic reviews have never steered me wrong in the past. I consider myself to be a huge Star Trek fan, and I found this game to be a disappointment to the franchise. Visually, not stunning, and considering it's for the 360, below average. Gameplay was repetitive and boring, with the AI I decided to give this game a try, even though the score was low, knowing full well that the Metacritic reviews have never steered me wrong in the past. I consider myself to be a huge Star Trek fan, and I found this game to be a disappointment to the franchise. Visually, not stunning, and considering it's for the 360, below average. Gameplay was repetitive and boring, with the AI uttering the same comments throughout the game. Camera angles make it difficult to see what is going on, and the controls are cumbersome. I understand that a big starship is slow to move, but the rate of movement for these ships in the game was pathetic. I was hopeful, given that this game was created by the same people that created Oblivion, but I guess even the best can slip up every now and then. I rented this game, as I do with all Xbox 360 games, because the majority of them suck, and again felt that I spent too much on the rental price. This would have been a great game had they done it more like Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic, for the old Xbox, and, rather than following several different eras, they should have picked one in between, and created a new story. Wow, what a new concept, too bad game developers can't think outside the box anymore. So, to summarize, this game SUCKS!!! Expand

1. The controls of your spaceships just aren’t good enough. You rotate your ship in 3D. You rotate the camera in 3D. You fight in 3D – it’s all just too much 3D.
  2. Soured by some nagging flaws, Legacy isn't a title that will appeal to everyone. However, its willingness to try something new deserves some healthy praise. [Jan 2007, p.92]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine