Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Xbox 360

5.8

1. Jan 6, 2011
    This is a a fairly hard critic comment from me, because i have never made a rating over 3 before...
    But this game is fairly good, it has a great story-line, not so good at the start the overall plot is average and the graphics are the real upside of this game...
    So i rate.......... 8
  2. Feb 19, 2016
    I'm typing this up because I really think this game was overly hard done to. It's not a bad game at all, it just falls short in story and content, other than that, it's an absolute blast, literally. Feeling like a powerful Jedi has never been more realised, the graphics are also very good. 8/10 (10 to even out all of the pointless 0's)
  3. Oct 26, 2010
    i dont know why critics are slamming this game?? the PC version is perfect! it fixed all the problems with the first one, shy of actual saber dueling ala jedi knight outcast fame (GRR)
    but seriously... its an amazing game. beautiful, fun, challenging (who the hell plays this game on normal? you're already a god, play hard)
    i think the critics just got one thing right: it is a little too
    i think the critics just got one thing right: it is a little too short. but not enough to knock the rating down to a 6.5/10 !!? something i LOATHE in the game they didn't even mention: Quick Time Events. or QTE.
    its lazy game design. its not a bug or a glitch and alot of games do it. but there's better ways to execute finishing moves than rubbing my thumb raw because the devs couldn't come up with something creative. this is a design decision that most consolers just accept these days, however, so i wont count this in my scoring.
    the shorter length, lack of combo list /incentives brings this thing down from a 10 to a 8.5 or 9.
    and i whole heartedly mean that. i signed up to meta critic just to write this thing. bottom line: just go play it yourself. its an amazingly fun game to play on the PC.
  4. Oct 26, 2010
    Gameplay and graphics are much improved over the first one. I can't understand all the negative reviews, as I am finding that this game surpasses the original in almost every way. Maybe the story isn't as good, but the actual gameplay is much better.
  5. Oct 30, 2010
    Having just completed the game, and having been exceptionally worried about my purchase after reading so many reviews, I must say that people simply want to dislike this game. Is it a GOTY candidate? No. Is it fun to play? Yes. Is the story as good as the first game? No. Is it bad? Not by any means. The story takes into mind that you are hopefully capable of filling in a couple of gapsHaving just completed the game, and having been exceptionally worried about my purchase after reading so many reviews, I must say that people simply want to dislike this game. Is it a GOTY candidate? No. Is it fun to play? Yes. Is the story as good as the first game? No. Is it bad? Not by any means. The story takes into mind that you are hopefully capable of filling in a couple of gaps with some reasoning.

The combat is fun, the campaign is shorter than I'd like. Lasted me 6hrs 30 mins on normal. I'm not entirely adverse to short games but I would have liked 8-10 hours. There were some minor glitches, nothing game breaking.

There were some amazing moments, and the boss fights are much improved over the original game.

I enjoyed this game. I enjoyed it enough that I'm happy to go back to it and finish it on unleashed difficulty.

Full Disclosure: I'm a major Star Wars fan. I've read a few Star Wars novels. And the biggest bit of info, is that I'm one of those few who actually enjoyed SWTFU 1.
  6. Oct 26, 2010
    Some good stormtrooper bashing action! Sure, it's not the longest game, but there's plenty of fun to be had. The story is somewhat engaging-- maybe not quite as epic as the first, but I'd say the improved controls, fast menu screens, and pretty pretty graphics TOTALLY make it worth while for anyone who wanted something more/better from the first TFU. It's definitely far above theSome good stormtrooper bashing action! Sure, it's not the longest game, but there's plenty of fun to be had. The story is somewhat engaging-- maybe not quite as epic as the first, but I'd say the improved controls, fast menu screens, and pretty pretty graphics TOTALLY make it worth while for anyone who wanted something more/better from the first TFU. It's definitely far above the typical "license" game. The challenges give me a bit of a reason to come back, too-- these haven't been mentioned a whole lot, and I think they're pretty fun so far. Expand
  7. Oct 26, 2010
    I loved the first game. With the second one, I feel the story is even better! Game play is amazing and fun. Lopping off storm troopers heads Woo Hoo!

Most critics are retarded, Everybody knows that ;-) FU2 ( Fantastic short form for this game) is a really awesome. I'm very happy with this game!
  8. Oct 27, 2010
    I am the biggest Star Wars fan ever and I was really looking forward to this game. I'm here to warn everyone to stay clear of it. It's not the gameplay or fun factor or anything like that, it's the length, I finished the game in 3 hours! I thought I was maybe half way through and the f'ing credits roll. I swear to God this is the shortest and most disappointing game I've ever played. DoI am the biggest Star Wars fan ever and I was really looking forward to this game. I'm here to warn everyone to stay clear of it. It's not the gameplay or fun factor or anything like that, it's the length, I finished the game in 3 hours! I thought I was maybe half way through and the f'ing credits roll. I swear to God this is the shortest and most disappointing game I've ever played. Do yourself a favor and rent it, u can get both endings in like 6 hours, and never play it a game. For those who bought it, make sure you don't purchase any DLC. What a bunch of crooks, I want my money back! Expand
  9. Oct 27, 2010
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 is immediately engaging. It's strikingly beautiful, with fantastic vistas and superb character animations. Sadly though, its pretty face can only carry it so far when the rest of the game is comparatively weak. Repetitious combat and level designs, a shoe-horned in story, and a lack of depth to the experience overall keep this from being anything more thanStar Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 is immediately engaging. It's strikingly beautiful, with fantastic vistas and superb character animations. Sadly though, its pretty face can only carry it so far when the rest of the game is comparatively weak. Repetitious combat and level designs, a shoe-horned in story, and a lack of depth to the experience overall keep this from being anything more than an adventure for the most hardcore of fans. Expand
  10. Oct 26, 2010
    This is a simple review for anyone interested in buying this game. The first game was an amazing story and fun, but sometimes glitchy gameplay. This game does a little bit of a flip. The story is a little weaker this time around, but the gameplay is much improved. It's simply a much more fun game to play, despite the weaker story. Other improvements include MUCH faster loading timesThis is a simple review for anyone interested in buying this game. The first game was an amazing story and fun, but sometimes glitchy gameplay. This game does a little bit of a flip. The story is a little weaker this time around, but the gameplay is much improved. It's simply a much more fun game to play, despite the weaker story. Other improvements include MUCH faster loading times and MUCH cleaner graphics. Seriously, if you play The Force Unleashed 1 right before #2 you will see that the improvement are actually rather impressive. The world is a crazy place when games like this and Enslaved get average reviews, and broken games like Fallout New Vegas get stellar reviews. If you like Star Wars this is a must buy. If you like good action games with an above average story, definitely give it a shot. Collapse
  11. Oct 28, 2010
    DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS!!!!!
    DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS!!!!!
    This game is excellent. Are you people on drugs??? I mean really? The graphics are simply put the best I've ever seen on the 360. The story, while not as epic as the 1st, is really good and VERY well acted. The character animations are really unbelievably good. This game will raise the bar for how games look. The shadowing, and colors etc are something amazing. The gameplay is better, the force powers are easier to control, and yet they still look every bit as good as the first. It is a difficult game and on the 'normal' setting I find it to be as challenging, if not a little bit more than the original. The force powers are greater, but so too is the ferocity and number of your opponents. For anyone interested in a great action game with a good story , great graphics, and very fun and addictive game play, check this game out, it is well worth it. For Star Wars fans, this is an absolute must, really, really a must!!!!
  12. Feb 4, 2011
    This is really an Amazing Game! i mean the graphics, the scope, The Combat variety is just Perfect. yes it is only like 7 hours long but it will be an amazing 7 hours of gameplay and it is so great that i replayed the whole game 3 times and never got bored. My Favourite Star Wars Game's go something in the lines of:

3. Knights of the old republic 2. Force Unleashed 2
    1. Star Wars Battlefront 2
  13. Oct 26, 2010
    Wow, what a rip off. This game was so bad this is my first time writeing a review. Game was way to short, I beat it on hard in less then 4 hours. The level design was very boring, you were either on camino or inside a ship, only one level had you on a diffrent planet and it looked like a ship. They also dumbed down the force powers, and if I had to hear general Kota say get over here BOYWow, what a rip off. This game was so bad this is my first time writeing a review. Game was way to short, I beat it on hard in less then 4 hours. The level design was very boring, you were either on camino or inside a ship, only one level had you on a diffrent planet and it looked like a ship. They also dumbed down the force powers, and if I had to hear general Kota say get over here BOY one more time I would have thrown the disc away. This should have been a DLC not a full game. If you must play it, rent don't buy. You have been warned. Expand
  14. Oct 26, 2010
    The most awaited Star Wars: Force Unleashed sequel is released today! A lot of gamers are so excited to have a copy of this newly released Star Wars game. Itâ
  15. Jun 17, 2017
    The first Force Unleashed game not only managed to one of the more respected Star Wars gaming experiences out there, but also a welcome addition to the pre-Disney Star Wars lore as well. The game had it's issues though. Most of which stemmed from light gameplay flaws such as a looseness in the combat system among other things. None of this ruined the experience, but definitely left gamersThe first Force Unleashed game not only managed to one of the more respected Star Wars gaming experiences out there, but also a welcome addition to the pre-Disney Star Wars lore as well. The game had it's issues though. Most of which stemmed from light gameplay flaws such as a looseness in the combat system among other things. None of this ruined the experience, but definitely left gamers such as myself wondering just how much more incredible things could be with just a touch more polish. Now here comes along the second Force Unleashed game to answer that question. With some tightening having been done to the gameplay mechanics, Starkiller's return is one to be celebrated.

The thing that becomes immediately noticeable is how gorgeous the game is. The first Force Unleashed still holds up pretty well in some areas even today. I'd say this sequel though is on par in the graphical department with a lot of the games that are being released today on the eighth generation of consoles. Of course the sound design is just as good with classic Star Wars tunes, strong voice acting, and the expertly captured sound of battle. Then there's the gameplay.

One of my complaints with combat is how loose the lightsaber action felt. That has been fixed here. Now you snap to enemies just like in other action games. No longer will your combo glide off to the side of an enemy or have the game force you to close small distances between you and the enemy in order for your lightsaber hits to connect. It sounds like a minor thing, but it makes all the difference in a fight. It feels just like how using a lightsaber should and your combos are exciting and powerful. Even the rare platforming sections are better, if still far from perfect. I rarely fell to my death on what should have been easy jumps due to lackluster physics and control. I never worried about clearing gaps and that lengthy platforming sequence near the end of the game was particularly enjoyable as a result.

You control of Starkiller's force powers didn't get quite the same attention, but are mostly improved regardless. You'll still find yourself getting screwed over when trying to move objects with the force thanks to the game's auto-targeting system that seems to have a mind of it's own and is unable to make it up. Things like force lightning, lightsaber throw, and force push are quite reliable and accurate. It's the force grip that's the problem. It might even actually be a little worse than in the first game thanks to it's tendency to favor locking onto enemies instead of objects. It's just too darn unreliable in combat.

Other issues are simply one's hanging around from the first game. It can be quite repetitive. The shorter length though kind of makes up for this. Things can be completed in a few hours. Luckily there's high replay value because of just how much fun it is to hack your way through Stromtroopers, and a few challenge missions to extend the package's life a bit. The level design is more straightforward this time around and you can still find plenty of different blades and more well-hidden costumes along the way.

While we see steps forward made in terms of gameplay, the same can't be said for the writing which is a noticeable step back. The first Force Unleashed had a great tale to tell that fit into the series nicely and had a cool protagonist. This sequel doesn't really have much going outside of Starkiller just sort of ignoring his Rebel friends in favor of chasing down an old love. There's some stuff about clones, but none of that ends up meaning anything. The game actually comes dangerously close to breaking the series fiction (this was seriously considered canon at one time?). The reasons the story is such a letdown is because there was no reason for Starkiller to have been resurrected. It made no sense and there was really nothing for him to due expect muddle the timeline in potentially irreparable ways, as is completely evident during the game's entire running time. They should have just created a new character and done something else.

The Force Unleashed II is a definite improvement over it's already great predecessor. Sure, it's got some writing woes, but when it comes to the gameplay side of things it's a clear step forward. It may have come at the cost of the story, but I'll take improved play-ability over that any day.
  16. Apr 5, 2011
    This game has really, really good aspects and some major flaws - there isn't much middle ground. The combat is amazing. The graphics are incredible, and the cinematics are about as amazing as it gets. The upgrades aren't useless like in some similar games - I used every power I got, multiple times. The story line is pretty good. But the cons almost outweigh it. The boss fights areThis game has really, really good aspects and some major flaws - there isn't much middle ground. The combat is amazing. The graphics are incredible, and the cinematics are about as amazing as it gets. The upgrades aren't useless like in some similar games - I used every power I got, multiple times. The story line is pretty good. But the cons almost outweigh it. The boss fights are repetitive - in one, you spend countless minutes doing the same thing, over, and over, and over, and over until the idiot finally kicks the bucket. The final boss fight takes about 30 minutes, and should be the most intense battle in the game - but no. The entire half hour is spent jumping from platform to platform fighting weak minions of the boss before getting in a semi-entertaining saber fight with him himself. And worst of all - the game lasts about 6 hours, if even. The extras aren't worth the price tag. I gave this game an 8 purely for the fact that you can rent it and return it, which is exactly what you should do. Expand
  17. Apr 12, 2016
    Coming in to this game without the E3 hype is probably why I liked it so much. I saw it for what it was rather than what it should have been. This is the Metal Gear Solid:Ground Zeroes Tactical Espionage Operations of 2010. It's quite short but I had a great time playing it. Looking forward to what is next for Star Wars both in film and in games.
  18. Oct 26, 2010

1. Jan 28, 2011
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II is just terrible.
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Star Wars the Force Unleashed II makes up for most of its predecessor flaws, and delivers some terrific action sequences. It's a shame though that the story is simply non existent and the whole adventure lasts some 5 hours. It really seems like the developers can't make this saga right, leaves us waiting for a new hope.
  3. Jan 15, 2011
    There were high expectations for this game, however it is inferior to the first one, shorter, more monotonous, not replayable and with a really forgetable story.