6.7

1. Aug 27, 2010
    They should have called it The FAIL Unleashed

Pros: -the graphics are great. -you have quite a bit of control over your character's growth and upgrades. -the story is awesome, really, its the only thing that kept me playing it! -interesting character, level and boss design. -achievements are easy and cliche (i.e. kill X amount of enemies using Y). -attacking lesser units like storm
    They should have called it The FAIL Unleashed

Pros:
    -the graphics are great.
    -you have quite a bit of control over your character's growth and upgrades.
    -the story is awesome, really, its the only thing that kept me playing it!
    -interesting character, level and boss design.
    -achievements are easy and cliche (i.e. kill X amount of enemies using Y).
    -attacking lesser units like storm troopers can be really fun and/or hilarious.
    -you can collect "Holocrons" for power-ups and items and the game keeps track of "Force Points" based on who or what you kill.
    -there is a neat and challenging bonus objective in each level.

Cons:
    -auto targeting is a joke (ie you're in a corridor, you use the force to pick up a barrel, there is a storm trooper and a service droid next to each other down the corridor, you aim for the trooper and throw the barrel, the game decides that the barrel should hit the wall to your right).
    -invisible walls everywhere and you can't climb on anything that you would normally be able to climb on (ie big rocks, tipped over tree trunks).
    -completely linear level design.
    -glitched level design; I almost found my way out of the level once or twice. In a boss battle I accidentally threw the boss below the level, the only indication of this being her light sabre sticking up out of the ground, causing me to have to start the level over again. In one level I found an invincibility power up, but fell off of a platform to what should have been a flaming death, but instead I survived because of the power up and was stuck at the bottom of the level, even after the power-up faded away.
    -inconsistent as hell! if I can pull a Star Destroyer from space, then why can't I pick up AT-STs or Dark Troopers!?
    -"finishing moves" in boss battles are reduced to God of War style "Simon says" button mashing...rendering some of the awesome combos you learned near pointless.

To add insult to injury, the game was shipped with a huge glitch that took months before it was addressed; on some random level(s), the game will not keep track of Force Points, the number of Holocrons you collected or even tell you what your bonus objective was (it would say "DEFAULT TEXT") at the end of the level, this happened to me on the very last level and stayed that way until the patch for it was released.

They should have kept this game in development for another 6 months and actually tested it!
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    It was interesting and it did have potential but it was a poor start. Starkiller (a terrible name BTW) is a boring character, The story isnt interesting, Its too repetitive, Short campaign, and using force powers does get old rather quickly. It also has a bit of uneven difficulty as well. It had its moments but the game is an overall fail.
  3. Aug 21, 2010
    I liked the story and was overall entertained by the game. However the halfassedness is very easy to spot. You have a fun time with the force powers and physics but the saber combat is very weak. Lots of enemies are unbalanced and you have to die and fight them again over and over until they forget how to block or stop slamming you with some unblockable combo. The story is good minus theI liked the story and was overall entertained by the game. However the halfassedness is very easy to spot. You have a fun time with the force powers and physics but the saber combat is very weak. Lots of enemies are unbalanced and you have to die and fight them again over and over until they forget how to block or stop slamming you with some unblockable combo. The story is good minus the plot holes. The major thing that gets me is that these morons released a deluxe edition long after the game was released. Then told the fans that this edition would have a level that would not be available for dlc. So everyone had to re-buy the game for this bonus level.. Turns out that this map pack did end up on dlc. Expand
  4. Oct 22, 2014
    Terrible Game. This game destroyed Star Wars as a gaming franchise. Do not buy this game unless you are one of those people who are spoilt and your parents give you money every week and you like to buy games and sell them instantly. if you actually like this game. You need to see a psychologist.
  5. Dec 14, 2011
    Whoever ported this game from console to PC should have their head examined. It is literally impossible to beat some bosses with a keyboard and mouse. Now I have to purchase a stupid xbox controller if I want to finish this game. May they suffer a thousand deaths for what they have done.
  6. Jun 20, 2014
    The idea of Darth Vader having a secret apprentice between episodes 3 and 4 sounds interesting, but if you really look at it, it adds to absolutely nothing. Besides that the game alone isn't too enjoyable either. The game play is linear all the way through, platforming can become clunky especially when the things you have to jump on are oddly placed at times, the campaign is way tooThe idea of Darth Vader having a secret apprentice between episodes 3 and 4 sounds interesting, but if you really look at it, it adds to absolutely nothing. Besides that the game alone isn't too enjoyable either. The game play is linear all the way through, platforming can become clunky especially when the things you have to jump on are oddly placed at times, the campaign is way too short, the fighting mechanics are repetitive and some enemies can die in at least two simple hits no matter how upgraded you are, the main character (who has a really uncreative name) is uninteresting, and the story is awfully boring. Expand

1. With its non-branching storyline and no multiplayer, Force Unleashed is certainly less ambitious than the classic "Jedi Knight" games - and ultimately, its design makes it feel more videogame-y and less of an all-engrossing Star Wars experience than Xbox entries like "Jedi Knight II" or "Jedi Academy." But when the game is on, it's on. [Oct 2008, p.70]
    Make no mistake: you can have a lot of fun with The Force Unleashed. [Oct 2008, p.88]
  3. By even allowing the choice between simple hack-and-slash gameplay and the more complex mix-up combos, LucusArrts has ensured that many will never view the title’s full potential. [Oct 2008, p.104]