6.7

1. Vio
    Nov 20, 2011
    This is not a RPG, this is a action platform game with RPG and fighting game elements - once this is realized and you embrace it for what it is it is simply awesome.

The game's story is the usual starwars story line nothing much of a surprize here, gameplay is very fun once you learn the moves and unlock the force powers - I have found myself finishing this game multiple times looking for every light saber and unlocking every force power. The graphics/art in this game is beautiful. Gameplay wise the only complaint I have is that of the "hit X" "hit "A" etc timed events in order to kill "bosses".

Did I like it? Hell yes!
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    The game is solid, great combat, upgrade system, not a over abundence of QTEs and its challenging. But the main reason its getting a ten in my book is I am a huge fan of Star wars and this game cares about the lore and shows how the rebels came to be. Hell Lucas even says he includes this story in the star wars cannon. Plus there is no Jar Jar
  3. Jan 18, 2013
    This is a great game. It's story connects the two Trilogies together while creating an enjoyable experience. The force is a fun tool and the abilities you slowly obtain help as you continue. Having to fight to get health can make the highest difficulty a real pain, but after beating the highest difficulty twice, I can say it's a fun experience that has several difficulty peaks that createThis is a great game. It's story connects the two Trilogies together while creating an enjoyable experience. The force is a fun tool and the abilities you slowly obtain help as you continue. Having to fight to get health can make the highest difficulty a real pain, but after beating the highest difficulty twice, I can say it's a fun experience that has several difficulty peaks that create aggravation. Like I said the story connects the trilogies together. As Darth Vader's secret apprentice you are sent out to kill the last of the Jedi that have been found. The story then moves into territory I consider Spoilers but the adventure reaches an end at an all to familiar location.

The controls allow you to easily switch between slicing and dicing to smashing foes with the force and smiting them with lightning. Enemies don't attack with the same patterns outside boss fights so you need to learn to use all of your abilities at the slightest moments notice.

Collectibles range from different light saber Crystals to costumes and exp. They range from in plain site to off the beaten path and past a puzzle, but once you see one you know it's there.

The game is an enjoyable romp across many popular Star wars locations that delivers across the board.

1. With its non-branching storyline and no multiplayer, Force Unleashed is certainly less ambitious than the classic "Jedi Knight" games - and ultimately, its design makes it feel more videogame-y and less of an all-engrossing Star Wars experience than Xbox entries like "Jedi Knight II" or "Jedi Academy." But when the game is on, it's on. [Oct 2008, p.70]
    Make no mistake: you can have a lot of fun with The Force Unleashed. [Oct 2008, p.88]
  3. By even allowing the choice between simple hack-and-slash gameplay and the more complex mix-up combos, LucusArrts has ensured that many will never view the title’s full potential. [Oct 2008, p.104]