7.2

1. Jun 5, 2013
    big, scary and awesome; it's reminds me of walking dead season 1. the game has its flaws, but nothing that ruins it. scavenge, build bases, make friends and enemies and beat zombies to pulp. i also love that death is permanent (but you can play as any ally from your base).

you need to try this game.
  2. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is a time consuming, absorbing entertaining thrill ride. I've just got off my xbox after a 15 hour gaming session, in which I've hardly made a dent in it. The little things make this game, like the resource gathering and the ability to change character and home, etc. Some of the craziest stuff can happen, for instance my car broke down when I was in the middle of no where and IThis game is a time consuming, absorbing entertaining thrill ride. I've just got off my xbox after a 15 hour gaming session, in which I've hardly made a dent in it. The little things make this game, like the resource gathering and the ability to change character and home, etc. Some of the craziest stuff can happen, for instance my car broke down when I was in the middle of no where and I had hike back to my base with just a baseball bat and a few snacks. It's things like that, which make this game. If you can look over its obvious flaws like the frame rate issue, the glitches and the occasional face palm moment, you'll find a game which really can be admired and loved. At it's core it feels like an old school game. If you're a fan of casual games which go easy on you, this probably wont be for you. This is a game us zombie fans and survival fans have all been waiting for and although it isn't perfect, it's an incredibly good, deep and well thought out game. I can tell this is something I'll be playing for months to come. Expand
  3. Jun 5, 2013
    Such a fun game to play! So much content and things to do and the fact that it's an Xbox Live Arcade game blows my mind. A must get for all zombie fans. Something original, fresh and and new.
  4. Jun 5, 2013
    good game way better then WarZ even better then dayZ but of course it is coz dayz is a mod anyways this game kicks ass
  5. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is defiantly not on a big budget as the animations are rather bad and some of the voice acting is awful but the game is self is a hell of alot of fun. The idea of the game is great and it really is the best open world zombie game out at the moment. The game can get a little repetitive tho and that lets it down quite alot but I assure you that the group management system andThis game is defiantly not on a big budget as the animations are rather bad and some of the voice acting is awful but the game is self is a hell of alot of fun. The idea of the game is great and it really is the best open world zombie game out at the moment. The game can get a little repetitive tho and that lets it down quite alot but I assure you that the group management system and searching the map will give you a few hours of fun and the developers seem like great people who are only going to add more to game and keep improving it. The driving in this game is really quite bad as I found my car just wanted to flip over at every given chance and my characters would be flung all over the place in a rather buggy rolling animation. The melee combat is really simple, it is pretty much a buttons masher so it gets boring very quickly.

Overall the game is great but it's a little buggy and the animation/voice acting is not great plus the melee combat gets very repetitive. I would say that you should only buy this if you are a big zombie fan.
  6. Jun 27, 2013
    State of decay sounded like an amazing game. It had everything I had ever wanted in a zombie horror game. The sheer survival of you group, you had the task of keeping your group safe, fed and supplied. But the execution of it was not the best. The frame rate is shockingly bad, shockingly. The gameplay itself is pretty good, the zombies are terrifying, although after playing it the 3rd timeState of decay sounded like an amazing game. It had everything I had ever wanted in a zombie horror game. The sheer survival of you group, you had the task of keeping your group safe, fed and supplied. But the execution of it was not the best. The frame rate is shockingly bad, shockingly. The gameplay itself is pretty good, the zombies are terrifying, although after playing it the 3rd time around I gradually lost the fright of the zombies and the hoards, it seemed a simple job after a while, just get in a car and run them over.

Undead labs must think we are pretty stupid. Don't get me wrong I really like the game, but my first play through I had a survivor called Raul. During my second play through I had another survivor which I thought was Raul, but turned out to be a man named Sawyer. I mean come on! He had the same face and voice. It's just lazy and takes away the experience a lot. And the fact that there's really only 5 safe houses you can have including the church.

The story... The story. Well it's s*it! There was no need for a story in this game, it should of been just about survival, there was no need for it. And the ending?... Jesus.

But overall, the game is great and is probably the best zombie game out now, where you have full control over everything.
  7. Jul 20, 2013
    State of decay is a fun game do not get me wrong, but as a person that has watched someone play this game and not getting into the experience it just feels rushed, i do not know if they have patched it yet as i have not played this game in some time.
  8. Sep 21, 2013
    State of Decay is a very ambitious game.

However, it's not that good. It's very buggy, repetitive and after the first two hours or so, not so fun. Where's the fun in breaking in a gun store, evading 15 zombies on your way if your abilities remain virtually the same? The concept is amazing. The implementation, not so much. In time, it will get better and polished but for now, it's
    State of Decay is a very ambitious game.

The concept is amazing. The implementation, not so much. In time, it will get better and polished but for now, it's more a tech demo of what a open world zombie survival game should look like and not a finished product.
  9. Nov 19, 2013
    As close as you can get to an open world zombie game. Talks of a mmo state of decay are on the wind! One can only hope! This game is everything you could want in a zombie game. I have quite literally waited years for someone to make a game like this where scavenging is key in a wide open gaming space with no loading screens to pull you out of the immersion!

There is a bright future for

There is a bright future for both this game and the developers!
  10. Jun 6, 2013
    In two days I have played this game for 14 hours, I still haven't finished it, and every moment has been fantastic fun. Yes the game has some issues, but I can over look all of these issues because how thrilling this game can be. It is a survival game, taking on zombies should be avoided, and when your best character is cornered it is terrifying, and when you escape by the skin of my teethIn two days I have played this game for 14 hours, I still haven't finished it, and every moment has been fantastic fun. Yes the game has some issues, but I can over look all of these issues because how thrilling this game can be. It is a survival game, taking on zombies should be avoided, and when your best character is cornered it is terrifying, and when you escape by the skin of my teeth it was incredibly satisfying. If you're a fan of zombie games, or even someone looking for something unique, you must absolutely at least give this a try. Collapse
  11. Jun 16, 2013
    Very fun game! Love the idea and it plays very well but the reason I gave it a 6 is because it is clearly not finished. It is sooo bug ridden in some parts can be virtually unplayable! e.g Lag when driving, people going missing right outside you house, and broken animations more! It is bad that Undead labs did not put anywhere that this game is in Alpha, because that is the state it isVery fun game! Love the idea and it plays very well but the reason I gave it a 6 is because it is clearly not finished. It is sooo bug ridden in some parts can be virtually unplayable! e.g Lag when driving, people going missing right outside you house, and broken animations more! It is bad that Undead labs did not put anywhere that this game is in Alpha, because that is the state it is unofficially in. I would demand for my money back but I actually had some good fun on this game. My advise, wait for a few updates to come out then buy it! Expand
  12. Jun 6, 2013
    With so-so graphics and the occassional frame rate or glitch State of Decay is still a whole lot of fun and intense zombie-killing action! HUGE open world with lots to see and do. Scary, intense and stress-inducing. Clocked almost 15 hours and barely scratched the beginning. Must buy if you are into the whole End of the World Zombie stuff.
  13. Jun 6, 2013
    With the amount of content in this open-world, survival (emphasis on survival) game, $20 is the deal of the century. There are some framerate issues, to be sure, but the game itself is unbelievably compelling and I can't put it down. Very, very impressed.

In addition to the exploration and zombie fighting, there's an interesting fort/companion management mode that really serves to invest the player in keeping the fort safe and the companions alive. The huge open world is full of interesting places to check out and loot, and the Assassin Creed-like survey points help you scope out the best places.

With Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and now State of Decay, 2013 has seemingly been the year of the arcade game so far. I see this as a great thing as each of those games have impressed me, especially at what they are each priced at.

State of Decay is a great game that really deserves the attention it's getting. A very solid 9 score for me.
  14. Jun 6, 2013
    9/10 because it doesn't include co-op. Amazing arcade game and well worth the $20 admission price. Very well done. Graphics aren't spectacular but the gameplay is. Always something to do. If you like hugs while playing this game will probably drive you crazy because it is constantly trying to kill you. In that I mean it is not easy. Think like a real survivor or else. Don't wander out9/10 because it doesn't include co-op. Amazing arcade game and well worth the $20 admission price. Very well done. Graphics aren't spectacular but the gameplay is. Always something to do. If you like hugs while playing this game will probably drive you crazy because it is constantly trying to kill you. In that I mean it is not easy. Think like a real survivor or else. Don't wander out after dark unprepared and if you wouldn't take on 10 zombies alone in real life you probably shouldn't in this game either, you will die and death is permanent. Expand
  15. Jun 6, 2013
    Anyone who paid $60 for Dead Island or Left 4 Dead should feel pretty well ripped off by now. This game is $20, and is an objective-based, open world game with a solid narrative to boot. The frame rate drops, but I doubt you'll even care much once the ball gets rolling in this game. You have $20 to spend on a zombie survival game, so do yourself a favor and spend it here.
  16. Jun 5, 2013
    Having been disappointed by games like War Z, Dead Island, and Dead Rising this one finally hits the mark that zombie games should be aiming for. State of Decay is a combination of a LOT of genres including survival, action, RPG, strategy, and simulation. While it doesn't exactly nail each of these genres in the gameplay it comes pretty damn close.

SoD is a game that is not based about

SoD is a game that is not based about a singular character in a linear storyline but rather a community of characters in a dynamic sandbox environment. Yes, there are missions and quests but they seem to be optional and the player can play at their own pace (with some exceptions). That being said, the difficult does ramp up as you progress further in the storyline. This sort of gameplay is a unique and refreshing take on zombies and you'll be pressured to avoid combat rather then shoot your way through it. This game does feature permanent death so making mistakes can easily and quickly kill off your favorite character causing you to play as another team member.

Characters in the game are mostly semi-randomly generated with the exceptions being storyline or plot characters and, for me, they are the core of the game. While they could use a bit more visual variety (mostly with the heads) they all have unique traits, skills, and abilities that make them valuable to your community. Furthermore, you have an outpost that you call home and can use resources to build additions, upgrade, and perform unique functions with it giving you distinct advantages. These choices matter and are hard; do you build a garden for food or a workshop to repair vehicles? With the pressure this game provides it is difficult to make these difficult decisions.

Downsides of the game is that there are technical hurdles that I hope the developer will fix and the game does tend to become increasingly difficult making it difficult to survive. Some performance lag does occur when driving or when multiple enemies are on the screen at one time. I also find night time terrifying and wish there was an option to just sleep through it. It is also somewhat difficult to trade items and equipment as you must drop everything in storage, switch characters, and then pick it up. Lastly, there is no multiplayer (though the developers have hinted at wanting to do a co-op DLC). I feel that most of these issues can be addressed and resolved through patches, difficulty sliders, and a few game options.

Anyways, SoD is looking to be a huge XBOX Live Arcade hit and is one sale for $18-20 or 1600 MS points. If you've been waiting for that "real" zombie survival simulator then give it a shot.
  17. Jun 6, 2013
    This is by far the best zombie game ever created. Not only is it open world sandbox it also mixes rpg, resource and community management, and it all works fantastically. This has to be Xbox arcade game of the year. It's ambitious and lives up to it promises of being a realistically fun zombie game that you would be brain dead to not buy this! It's only $20 btw soo worth it!!
  18. Jun 6, 2013
    Best sandbox game I've ever played. A true zombie survival game.After playing for hours i have lost only 1 survivor and i learned you have to be careful and don't bash every zombie you see. As for the downs. Boarding up windows for me just delays finishing off a zombie attack on your neighbors and the frame rates is little off sometimes. But it doesn't bother my game play at all. I loveBest sandbox game I've ever played. A true zombie survival game.After playing for hours i have lost only 1 survivor and i learned you have to be careful and don't bash every zombie you see. As for the downs. Boarding up windows for me just delays finishing off a zombie attack on your neighbors and the frame rates is little off sometimes. But it doesn't bother my game play at all. I love that you can run out of supplies in the town and cars don't re-spawn. Once an item or survivor is gone, they are gone. Making this a true survival game. Leveling up is excellent. There is always something to do. Mission, building friendship and moral, and just scavenging for supplies. All this just for 20$. Expand
  19. Jun 7, 2013
    The Zombie game we've all been waiting for, i think that pretty much sums up State of Decay. All that you could wish for in a survival horror game is here. Fun satisfying melee combat with plenty of weapons of all different varieties from machetes to baseball bats, lots of guns with sparse amounts of ammunition that needs to be scavenged and even craft able silencers to remain undetected.The Zombie game we've all been waiting for, i think that pretty much sums up State of Decay. All that you could wish for in a survival horror game is here. Fun satisfying melee combat with plenty of weapons of all different varieties from machetes to baseball bats, lots of guns with sparse amounts of ammunition that needs to be scavenged and even craft able silencers to remain undetected. There's stealth kills and sneaking, there's full on battles with different combos to behead or de-leg zombies. There's skills to build and special moves to learn.. There's allies to find and bring back to your personal safe haven that you yourself can find and build around using materials found whilst scavenging the local towns and campsites. You can drive in cars at the risk of alerting hoards or you can choose to run if you have the stamina. You can make friends with local enclaves that will help you should you ask, for example i helped an army officer who then offered me the use of his mortar teams should i find myself in a sticky situation. There's literally too much to put down in this review, why waste time writing when i need to be scavenging medical supplies for my injured fellow survivors.. The thing that prevents me from giving State of Decay a 10/10 is the occasional technical glitch that often accompanies such ambitious titles and lets not forget that this is a £15 arcade title.If you like zombies, RPGs, horror, survival, looting, item management or just pummeling a zombies brains in go buy this game, i promise you that you wont regret it! Expand
  20. Jun 11, 2013
    There's been a lot of complaints about this game having "game breaking" glitches and graphical problems. That's a load of bull. Yes there are a lot of glitches and graphical problems, but they are all minor compared to everything else. The game is fully playable and is extremely fun. Obviously there could have been more to the game; online capabilities, co-op, more strategic options toThere's been a lot of complaints about this game having "game breaking" glitches and graphical problems. That's a load of bull. Yes there are a lot of glitches and graphical problems, but they are all minor compared to everything else. The game is fully playable and is extremely fun. Obviously there could have been more to the game; online capabilities, co-op, more strategic options to fortifying defenses, more items and control over them, being able to actually make your home base instead of choosing from the 6 (I think that's all) that are available, etc... But regardless of the minor setbacks it's still an amazing game. I am not a fan of the newer generation of "fast zombies", I feel that style to be very boring and unfitting to the whole concept of zombies. And needless to say there is just a never ending supply of fast zombies, but at least the constant threat of being overrun or alerting a zombie horde is present. While playing you will very rarely find yourself with no place that you need to be, but it won't last for long. The sidequests are constant and can sometimes be overwhelming if you're out gathering supplies. And a lot of people have a problem with the perma death if you die. The game's whole focus is survival and the difficulty of surviving during a zombie outbreak. Perma death fits perfectly with that concept. Expand
  21. Sep 12, 2013
    State of Decay is at best a good idea gone wrong, half-baked and ultimately unsatisfying.

There are obvious negatives to state straight away; the engine, the less than ample frame rate, screen tearing, general gameplay irks that feel unresponsive, however, many seem to think these problems are excusable due to the small production team. Okay, that's fine, We'll let them go. But for clarity's sake, they're still there.

The main problem here is not so much the game fails to do anything right, more than it fails to live up to what felt like such a promising idea; that of an 'open world zombie survival game. '

Let's take every word present there 'Open World' Well, the map is hardly small, but it's not exactly on par with its contemporaries. And while the towns are padded with buildings, there's very little else of interest to see, let alone interact with. The three towns are padded out with a central countryside linking them, most of it dense and forgettable. For an open world to feel as such, you need to be able to look around and feel a part of something that's currently living and breathing, yet all you see in SoD is obligatory buildings that need to be raided, and the odd, glitchy horde of undead that can either be run over or avoided.

'Zombie Survival There's no denying that the first 5 hours of the game can lull you into enjoying this aspect of the game. If you don't know what you're doing, and go out at night, desperately seeking supplies, surviving the undead seems fierce and tense. But once you learn the mechanics, the game soon turns into trivial combat, much like Dead Rising, with the added irk of being clunky and unrewarding. The game's micro managing aspects of the zombie survival are perhaps the most interesting inclusion, or, they would be, if the core game outside was anywhere near rewarding. This is frustrating, because there are genuine moments where the game hits a chord, usually when you're back at base, and feeling the fight getting to your group. Having to decide which of your survivors to go after when they get lost, deciding who should rest and who should fight.

Unfortunately, the game just doesn't glue it all together. The combat mechanics are woeful, as is the 'RPG' characterization. Whilst I praise the base micromanaging, some of the game's mechanics in this area are mindboggling at best, especially as the game 'plays' while you're offline. You nearly always come back to a low morale and low medicine cabinet, making your efforts beforehand a little pointless, and your return slightly bitter.

On top of all this, the game's in game tutorials and explanations are almost comical.

In conclusion, Undead Labs started out with a novel idea, but just couldn't commit to realizing it. Instead they filled the shell with arcadey gameplay and half assed attempts to push the survival aspect.

While I would never plug DayZ because it's an awful, buggy mess, SoD clearly misses the edge DayZ had when it came to survival simulation. The game just doesn't immerse you enough.
  22. Jul 12, 2013
    The ultimate zombie apocalypse experience. It has everything you want in a zombie survival game scavenging, finding survivors, resource management, open-world, driving, and of course zombie killing. The combat is deep, the RPG system is solid, the stealth system adds a good mix the game is more about simulation than for story (Not a bad story, just you can clearly tell the developersThe ultimate zombie apocalypse experience. It has everything you want in a zombie survival game scavenging, finding survivors, resource management, open-world, driving, and of course zombie killing. The combat is deep, the RPG system is solid, the stealth system adds a good mix the game is more about simulation than for story (Not a bad story, just you can clearly tell the developers intended this to be about the experience and not the story) but this game gets a 9 instead of a 10 because it is one of the buggiest games I've ever played. (Though it gets a 10 on the fun factor) Most importantly, this is ONLY an Arcade game and not a full retail game. Honestly, I would have dished out a full 60 for this game (especially with so many poor quality 60 dollars games that's been coming out as of late) Expand
  23. Sep 10, 2013
    A slightly fresh twist on the tired genre that is the typical zombie game, played out in a third person view with elements of survival horror/action/rts. gameplay mechics similar to rts games, with building, scavenging, barricading and defending your hideout etc. the game is set in a sort of national park forest of some kind, and does feature slightly good graphics at times, but in theA slightly fresh twist on the tired genre that is the typical zombie game, played out in a third person view with elements of survival horror/action/rts. gameplay mechics similar to rts games, with building, scavenging, barricading and defending your hideout etc. the game is set in a sort of national park forest of some kind, and does feature slightly good graphics at times, but in the first 2 hours of this poorly built game, Ive experienced more graphical glitches and bugs than in any other game, ever. I know it's pretty typical of a video game not to be perfect in terms of graphical integrity, but this game is far too poorly executed, there are many major glitches with your characters getting stuck within the game, accessing storage item outside of buildings, people attacking you through doors, so on and so forth. the animations are very goofy and poorly done, the storyline is quite scarce not much to say there really. The controls are awful and the combat is clunky especially in certain interiors, your characters early on in the game are far too combat happy, and just sometimes when you are sneaking up on a enemy they jump the gun and attack in the open. the journal is which you access most of your options, information, status etc, is again poorly done, reminds of the journal in oblivion, not physically just in essence. the game is inconsistent as well, for example I don't have enough influence to recruit people manually, so i am forced to do it solo, and the same storage container i accessed previous in a last file, no longer holds a pistol anymore, but has a ample amount of ammo, then i have 5-6 zombies attacking on the way to my mission, i run out of stamina too easily early on in the game and it a game of take turns to attack me from behind as a stumble away. there are frequent occasions of some entire parts of areas dissappearing undergroud as well, it a true immersion breaker. The combat is very clunky and awkward to boot. the storyline is your typical survive the post-apocalyptic zombie outbreak. The game boasts nothing innovative, fun and engaging. I just no i'll stay clear away from the developers that brought you this broken 2x4, bent steelpipe, glass shard in your foot sort of a game. Expand
  24. Jun 5, 2013
    This game was a blast, it was more another persons try on dead rising or a Day z for people who don't like to watch paint dry. For the price you are getting a great deal.
  25. Jun 6, 2013
    This game can be summed up in one sentence; Grand Theft Auto, with zombies. That's probably over-simplifying things, but it's fair assessment. The mission structure, open-world sandbox & feel of the game are very reminiscent of the GTA franchise, with the sense that this world would continue to function without your presence. SOD is a bit rough around the edges, and feels like a game thatThis game can be summed up in one sentence; Grand Theft Auto, with zombies. That's probably over-simplifying things, but it's fair assessment. The mission structure, open-world sandbox & feel of the game are very reminiscent of the GTA franchise, with the sense that this world would continue to function without your presence. SOD is a bit rough around the edges, and feels like a game that would have been at more at home on the PS2, but I was undeniably hooked once I had worked my way through the tutorial missions at the beginning. I haven't really had time to explore the resource management aspect of the game yet (you can strike out from a base of operations, recruiting survivors and scavenging for resources), but there's a definite thrill gained from sneaking into shops or gas stations, looking for medicine, food or fuel to keep your community going. The game seems quite buggy at present, with zombies (or 'zeds', in the games parlance) just popping in randomly sometimes, or glitching through walls. Also, a quick glance at both user and professional reviews will repeatedly mention the camera; it's not great, and can prove annoying when trying to sneak about, especially when hiding in the undergrowth. But it's fiendishly addictive, and I'm now writing this review at 1am after a solid four hours of play, when I had only intended to pop the game on for half an hour or so. Fans of GTA, The Walking Dead and, of course, DayZ will definitely want to check this out, and I can't wait to see what future updates bring. If they enabled online multiplayer/co-op, this game would just explode. Check out the demo, see what you think, and don't be afraid to persevere for a rewarding experience. Expand
  26. Jul 24, 2013
    State of Decay
    Average User Score: 7.5
    9 State of Decay ImageThink of this game as a hybrid. It combines elements of Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, Dead Rising, Red Dead Redemption (Undead Nightmare) and so on. Add on the element of building a base, keeping it going, expanding it, resource gathering and all the trappings of an RPG and you have one helluva Arcade game. For $20 I dare you to
    State of Decay
    Average User Score: 7.5
    State of Decay ImageThink of this game as a hybrid. It combines elements of Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, Dead Rising, Red Dead Redemption (Undead Nightmare) and so on. Add on the element of building a base, keeping it going, expanding it, resource gathering and all the trappings of an RPG and you have one helluva Arcade game. For $20 I dare you to find me a better game, if so please let me know. Only reason I didn't give it a 10 same thing most are saying lack of co-op. If they add this on it could become one of the best Arcade games and or best zombies games of this (soon to be over) console generation.
  27. Jun 5, 2013
    State of Decay is one of the few Arcade Games that are worth the money. (1600MSP btw.)
    It has a lot of content and the map has a pretty decent size for a SP-only Open World Arcade Game.
    The controls are pretty good, though you cant change the sensitivity. The graphics are not the best, but its an Arcade Game and all about gameplay so I wont complain about that much. The social features
    The controls are pretty good, though you cant change the sensitivity.
    The graphics are not the best, but its an Arcade Game and all about gameplay so I wont complain about that much. The social features are great and force you to do something by collecting resources which are needed to keep the base secured and the community happy. The atmosphere is great and you really have to pay attention on what you are doing and how, cause there are a lot of zombies which can get alerted pretty easy if you dont pay attention.
    There also is a huge variety of weapons, gadgets and consumable which can be really useful in some situations.

The negatives are the reason I "only" give 8.5 out of 10:

- you cant adjust brightness in-game
    - some really heavy stuttering sometimes especially when driving in a car )
    - many little bugs but nothing big )
    - some frame drops even with the low-level graphics
  28. Jun 6, 2013
    Now, as Deadly Premonitions is the eccentric but fantastic survival horror, State of Decay is the oddity of the zombie genre, encapsulating many of the best features from the likes of early Resident Evils to DayZ and also introducing a few innovative elements. Whilst it's unpolished and has a few significant defects, there's a certain fun to the overall flow of gameplay, transcending anyNow, as Deadly Premonitions is the eccentric but fantastic survival horror, State of Decay is the oddity of the zombie genre, encapsulating many of the best features from the likes of early Resident Evils to DayZ and also introducing a few innovative elements. Whilst it's unpolished and has a few significant defects, there's a certain fun to the overall flow of gameplay, transcending any setbacks from low framerates and cumbersome combat.

The take on a post-apocalyptic world and a community within it, which you lead from a multitude of characters through 'influence', is a brilliantly fresh aspect to merely survival, it's construction from the ruins of the civilization clearly experienced: progression as is the direction this game takes. You're not only acquire resources for yourself and each decision isn't without consequence there's a bigger picture, as is the case of a societal collapse.

You must scout, accumulate resources, choose a base, improve defenses, establish facilities, search for survivors, improve weaponry, amass influence and maintain influence all factors to add a layer of depth to an otherwise straightforward survival game already enjoyable.

Go and lead through the apocalypse, not simply wander as a vagrant survivor.
  29. Jun 6, 2013
    Greatest zombie game ever made, only a 9 because of the rough edges. This game has everything a zombie fan could want. Open world, limited supplies that don't respawn, permanent death, stealth ect. This game is not about killing zeds it's about surviving the zed threat. Try to take on more than 2 zombies at a time and you will be overwhelmed so its better to avoid and only attack whenGreatest zombie game ever made, only a 9 because of the rough edges. This game has everything a zombie fan could want. Open world, limited supplies that don't respawn, permanent death, stealth ect. This game is not about killing zeds it's about surviving the zed threat. Try to take on more than 2 zombies at a time and you will be overwhelmed so its better to avoid and only attack when necessary. Guns are not the best idea as they will just attract more zombies from the noise. Cars are great for getting about but also carry threat from the noise, you can't be reckless with them either as they don't respawn when destroyed.

A steal at 1600msp!
  30. Jun 6, 2013
    Zombie-survival RPG? Check. Simulated open-world? Check. Unforgiving perma-death? Check. Seems like this title just took a look at what other zombie-survival games made wrong and turned it around to make it the best. I don't even see how Dead Rising or Day Z can compare itself fairly to State of Decay. It's just made so right, there's almost nothing to dislike about it.

The only thing

The only thing in the way of a 10 is the lack of a co-op system. If I've understood right, it will come in time.
  31. Jun 6, 2013

1. Oct 7, 2013
    An entertaining zombie apocalypse sandbox. It's a bit rough visually, but makes up for it with a persistent world. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 16, 2013
    It's not the most beautiful and polished game, but the end of the world with all it’s small and big problems rarely felt this real.
  3. Sep 4, 2013
    The Last of Us meets The Sims, mashed, salted and served with a few lumps. [Oct 2013, p.64]