State of Decay Xbox 360

7.2

1. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is defiantly not on a big budget as the animations are rather bad and some of the voice acting is awful but the game is self is a hell of alot of fun. The idea of the game is great and it really is the best open world zombie game out at the moment. The game can get a little repetitive tho and that lets it down quite alot but I assure you that the group management system andThis game is defiantly not on a big budget as the animations are rather bad and some of the voice acting is awful but the game is self is a hell of alot of fun. The idea of the game is great and it really is the best open world zombie game out at the moment. The game can get a little repetitive tho and that lets it down quite alot but I assure you that the group management system and searching the map will give you a few hours of fun and the developers seem like great people who are only going to add more to game and keep improving it. The driving in this game is really quite bad as I found my car just wanted to flip over at every given chance and my characters would be flung all over the place in a rather buggy rolling animation. The melee combat is really simple, it is pretty much a buttons masher so it gets boring very quickly.

Overall the game is great but it's a little buggy and the animation/voice acting is not great plus the melee combat gets very repetitive. I would say that you should only buy this if you are a big zombie fan.
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    State of decay sounded like an amazing game. It had everything I had ever wanted in a zombie horror game. The sheer survival of you group, you had the task of keeping your group safe, fed and supplied. But the execution of it was not the best. The frame rate is shockingly bad, shockingly. The gameplay itself is pretty good, the zombies are terrifying, although after playing it the 3rd timeState of decay sounded like an amazing game. It had everything I had ever wanted in a zombie horror game. The sheer survival of you group, you had the task of keeping your group safe, fed and supplied. But the execution of it was not the best. The frame rate is shockingly bad, shockingly. The gameplay itself is pretty good, the zombies are terrifying, although after playing it the 3rd time around I gradually lost the fright of the zombies and the hoards, it seemed a simple job after a while, just get in a car and run them over.

Undead labs must think we are pretty stupid. Don't get me wrong I really like the game, but my first play through I had a survivor called Raul. During my second play through I had another survivor which I thought was Raul, but turned out to be a man named Sawyer. I mean come on! He had the same face and voice. It's just lazy and takes away the experience a lot. And the fact that there's really only 5 safe houses you can have including the church.

The story... The story. Well it's s*it! There was no need for a story in this game, it should of been just about survival, there was no need for it. And the ending?... Jesus.

But overall, the game is great and is probably the best zombie game out now, where you have full control over everything.
  3. Jul 20, 2013
    State of decay is a fun game do not get me wrong, but as a person that has watched someone play this game and not getting into the experience it just feels rushed, i do not know if they have patched it yet as i have not played this game in some time.
  4. Sep 21, 2013
    State of Decay is a very ambitious game.

However, it's not that good. It's very buggy, repetitive and after the first two hours or so, not so fun. Where's the fun in breaking in a gun store, evading 15 zombies on your way if your abilities remain virtually the same? The concept is amazing. The implementation, not so much. In time, it will get better and polished but for now, it's
    State of Decay is a very ambitious game.

The concept is amazing. The implementation, not so much. In time, it will get better and polished but for now, it's more a tech demo of what a open world zombie survival game should look like and not a finished product.
  5. Jun 16, 2013
    Very fun game! Love the idea and it plays very well but the reason I gave it a 6 is because it is clearly not finished. It is sooo bug ridden in some parts can be virtually unplayable! e.g Lag when driving, people going missing right outside you house, and broken animations more! It is bad that Undead labs did not put anywhere that this game is in Alpha, because that is the state it isVery fun game! Love the idea and it plays very well but the reason I gave it a 6 is because it is clearly not finished. It is sooo bug ridden in some parts can be virtually unplayable! e.g Lag when driving, people going missing right outside you house, and broken animations more! It is bad that Undead labs did not put anywhere that this game is in Alpha, because that is the state it is unofficially in. I would demand for my money back but I actually had some good fun on this game. My advise, wait for a few updates to come out then buy it! Expand
  6. Jul 24, 2013
    State of Decay
    Average User Score: 7.5
    9 State of Decay ImageThink of this game as a hybrid. It combines elements of Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, Dead Rising, Red Dead Redemption (Undead Nightmare) and so on. Add on the element of building a base, keeping it going, expanding it, resource gathering and all the trappings of an RPG and you have one helluva Arcade game. For $20 I dare you to
    State of Decay
    Average User Score: 7.5
    State of Decay ImageThink of this game as a hybrid. It combines elements of Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, Dead Rising, Red Dead Redemption (Undead Nightmare) and so on. Add on the element of building a base, keeping it going, expanding it, resource gathering and all the trappings of an RPG and you have one helluva Arcade game. For $20 I dare you to find me a better game, if so please let me know. Only reason I didn't give it a 10 same thing most are saying lack of co-op. If they add this on it could become one of the best Arcade games and or best zombies games of this (soon to be over) console generation.
  7. Jun 13, 2013
    sooooooooooo disappointed with this game. Its so repetitive.
    iam still wait for a great zombie game. I waited 5 months for this game and iam so angry.
  8. Jun 9, 2013
    In a nutshell, its a poor man's Grand Theft Zombie. They take a lot of interesting ideas and pull them off some of the time. The game falls down in the areas of repetitive quests and uninspired combat. The day night cycle makes driving a pain at night and the twitchy driving controls don't help. Anytime you enter a cut-scene you have to wait it out... no skipping over boring dialogueIn a nutshell, its a poor man's Grand Theft Zombie. They take a lot of interesting ideas and pull them off some of the time. The game falls down in the areas of repetitive quests and uninspired combat. The day night cycle makes driving a pain at night and the twitchy driving controls don't help. Anytime you enter a cut-scene you have to wait it out... no skipping over boring dialogue you've read long before the actors actually speak it.

But despite the weaknesses, they do a great job with some of the core concepts. You are continuously bombarded with quest options, many of which may either save new potential recruits or ask you to save an already recruited friend in trouble somewhere. You may be sent to kill zombie infestation, or strike a deal with neighbors with ambiguous intentions. You can switch between certain friends you have recruited and brought home once your current character gets injured or just tired out. Fatigue is a major game play factor. And perma-death is a real risk for characters you may have used and leveled up often, although there usually others for you to switch to, albeit with less development.

I enjoyed the music well enough to not turn it off, which for me is unusual. The sound design works. You almost always know where the zombies are coming from, even when you can't see them. There are some clipping errors where they pop through walls or through closed doors. While annoying, it doesn't happen rampantly enough to ruin game play. The "barricade" mechanic is used as a gimmick in some missions, but isn't useful otherwise, and your barricades disappear when you leave and come back later. Your group collects resources you have scavenged and either brought back yourself, or radioed in for someone else to come get the items you have found at that location. It is interesting, but as you can only carry one pack at a time and can only call friends out a couple times a day it can get tedious trying to accumulate enough materials to start up in a new location or build a new tent in your mini fort, such as sleep areas or medical tents.

For poor technical performance and the inability to skip cut scene dialogue performance I'd take a point and that's being nice.. For repetitive combat, original but repetitive quests, useless features like "barricading", the incredibly boring and annoying "morale" quests, an un-fun scavenging mechanic and too much needless driving with twitchy cars, and many other little issues that detract more than contribute for another two points off.

I give it a 7. There are many great ideas here, and the game is a good value for it's price. Whether you can slog it out for long haul or not, you should find it a worthy distraction. I am excited for the developers to take their success here (second fastest selling game of all time on XBLA after Minecraft) and build on it for a more refined second pass sometime in the future.

I like seeing these larger games for reasonable prices, like Far Cry Blood Dragon or the new Call of Juarez releases on XBLA and don't feel bad about supporting this one at this price anyway.
  9. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is way more funner than it should be. It feels buggy, the melee combat is basic and the world is quite uninteresting at times. BUT it just goes to show, the game doesn't need to be perfect to be fun! in-fact, I think if the melee system and gun play was more in-depth, it would be more boring. Most games today try to go way into gun play and other mechanics which makes it noThis game is way more funner than it should be. It feels buggy, the melee combat is basic and the world is quite uninteresting at times. BUT it just goes to show, the game doesn't need to be perfect to be fun! in-fact, I think if the melee system and gun play was more in-depth, it would be more boring. Most games today try to go way into gun play and other mechanics which makes it no longer fun. If you remember classic games all it would be is click and shoot, and it was fun! because its basic and feels old school. This game feels like it has had so much effort put into it, especially for an Xbox arcade game, I really wouldn't be surprised if it got a retail release due to success! it really does the zombie genre proud! Expand
  10. Jun 9, 2013
    Extremely overrated,
    I jumped on the hype train, so to speak, wanting to experience a game that promised to be atmospheric open-world and unforgiving. Instead I got a buggy and unfair experience.
    First let me start off with the positives: 1. The atmosphere is great 2. Some character's are memorable 3. Open-world. 4. Survival element 5. The amount of activities 6. Non-linearity.
    Extremely overrated,
    First let me start off with the positives:
    1. The atmosphere is great
    2. Some character's are memorable
    3. Open-world.
    4. Survival element
    5. The amount of activities
    6. Non-linearity.

Elements that were...meh:
    1. Graphics are Ok at best.
    2. Dialogues are ok most of the time, but sometimes certain discussions arise that make absolutely no sense, for example one of the protagonists gets very defensive and emotional about a character they literally knew 5 minutes).

Aspects that absolutely sucked:
    1. Bugs and frame rate wouldn't mind it that much if not for: constant clipping through walls, zombies that can see through walls, texture load time after starting a new game (I got one of my best characters killed off just because zombies didn't load in properly).
    2. Brainless combat system mash the x button until something dies.
    3. Super zombies are BS I must have had the worst or something because I literally stumbled upon them every 8 minutes. You will probably break any weapon you carry due to the amount of hp the zombie has. They jump out from absolutely nowhere and take out half of your HP if they pummel you to the ground.
    4. I will endorse perma-death ONLY if its as a consequence of the player's mistakes. I lost my first character, because the zombies that were hitting me didn't load in properly. I lost my second character, because the camera got stuck behind some bushes, while I was swatting aimlessly at zombies that attacked me from behind. I lost my third character, because the idiotic AI decided to block an entrance to a house, resulting in me getting ganked by 10 zombies.

The aforementioned negatives completely destroyed my gaming experience. Its not a terrible game, so if you are willing to look past some of it's glaring drawbacks, you should definitely at least check out the trial version.
  11. Jun 7, 2013
    For me, I'm finding it quite boring. It's a scavenger hunt mixed with whack-a-mole combat. It's not a particularly good looking game, poor framerates are a constant. There is a perma-death aspect, but unless you're running around like an idiot the game is pretty easy. Idk, it's ok, apparently some people think it's amazing. It's only $20 so there is that.
  12. Jun 6, 2013
    I have no clue how this passed Microsoft certification but performance wise this game is horrible Constant frame-rate issues, stuttering, extreme slowdowns on level of detail pop-in and full-blown screen-tearing. All that on CryEngine 3 with average graphics 0_o I kinda expected a little bit more polished product especially when its a time exclusive title published by Microsoft itself andI have no clue how this passed Microsoft certification but performance wise this game is horrible Constant frame-rate issues, stuttering, extreme slowdowns on level of detail pop-in and full-blown screen-tearing. All that on CryEngine 3 with average graphics 0_o I kinda expected a little bit more polished product especially when its a time exclusive title published by Microsoft itself and has a entry fee of $20, So if you are a PC person or really picky when it comes to that kinda stuff wait for PC port. Expand
  13. Jun 24, 2013
    There is in the game and the world of beautiful things open or open map
    And but their fault unity it is not present on all devices!
    But the price of the Xbox Live good!
    Game needs serious part of the best and the best in the movement of the characters and beatings!
    The need to modify the beam some thing and modify the nature of fees for the better!
  14. Jun 19, 2013
    "State of Decay" is certainly worthy of being green, but it's not quite an 8 or 9. My only large gripe is that as the developers tried to blend single-person zombie survival-action with fortress-building and group-management/rpg elements, instead of coming off as a multi-faceted, unified personality, the game seems to often suffer from a split personality disorder and identity crisis. This"State of Decay" is certainly worthy of being green, but it's not quite an 8 or 9. My only large gripe is that as the developers tried to blend single-person zombie survival-action with fortress-building and group-management/rpg elements, instead of coming off as a multi-faceted, unified personality, the game seems to often suffer from a split personality disorder and identity crisis. This is a shame as a game more focused on one core mechanic with the others merely feeding it might have made the game 8- or 9-worthy. It's still well worth the purchase. Expand
  15. Aug 29, 2013
    State of Decay is one of the most ambitious games of 2013 and one of the most flawed. For every thing it does right it, its brought down by being poorly made. The stealth mechanics and home building are fantastic but the combat is poor and the amount of damage done seems random. The missions are entertaining but tedious. The world is large and filled with things to do, but their areState of Decay is one of the most ambitious games of 2013 and one of the most flawed. For every thing it does right it, its brought down by being poorly made. The stealth mechanics and home building are fantastic but the combat is poor and the amount of damage done seems random. The missions are entertaining but tedious. The world is large and filled with things to do, but their are glitches everywhere. Its worth playing, just don't have your expectations to high. Expand
  16. Aug 18, 2013
    For $20, SoD is an excellent ARCADE game. Don't go in thinking that you're about to be entertained by a AAA-title. Despite our recent obsessions with zombies, this manages to keep it alive and fresh for as long as the game lasts. It has its flaws, its short-comings, and its bugs, but it's definitely worth a playthrough or two.
  17. Jun 28, 2013
    Ok this game I could not wait for I was so excited and it came out. I played it a lot it was super fun. Then I started to get overwhelmed with missions and things to do and became too much. This is a good game, and the asking price is not much so if you don't have a ps3 too get The Last Of Us which is way better get this game it is a good zombie game 7.5/10
  18. Jul 21, 2013
    In my last review.. I stated that you can't drive in the game. My apologizes. You can drive in the game. I just wish that there was more variety in the vehicles that you can drive. The game is so broken that it is a blast to play through. Anyway... the game is funny and exciting so definitely give this game a shot!
  19. Jun 18, 2013
    First thing first: State of Decay is an XBOX Live Arcade game. And when I say it I mean: ARCADE. GAME. It's simple, ugly, low-budget, choppy, with a horrible engine. Now, even after that, State of Decay manages to bring a compelling open-world, with many characters and iterations in the story. One doesn't feel like one's surviving (I blame single player for that) like in other gamesFirst thing first: State of Decay is an XBOX Live Arcade game. And when I say it I mean: ARCADE. GAME. It's simple, ugly, low-budget, choppy, with a horrible engine. Now, even after that, State of Decay manages to bring a compelling open-world, with many characters and iterations in the story. One doesn't feel like one's surviving (I blame single player for that) like in other games (DayZ, The War Z, etc). It's more like a smash-n-grab looting simulator placed in a zombie apocalypse. A kind of Grand Theft Auto meets Left 4 Dead, but not quite. It has something more. Something that adds replayability. And that's a very important factor in an XBOX Live Arcade game, specially for one worth 20 bucks. It makes you come back to check on it after a while.

I'd say "grab it while on sale" but XBOX doesn't have any sales unless you're gold, and chances are it won't be on sale any time soon so I'l say "grab it if you're a zombie fan".
  20. Jun 11, 2013
    I'm really down with the whole realistic zombie survival thing we have going at the moment across most platforms. This game while undeniably buggy in places does a very good job at making the tension run high due to prema death. After you work on a character for quite a few hours and lose them it feels like that time u lost your best man in Xcom. where the game seems to fall short is the aI'm really down with the whole realistic zombie survival thing we have going at the moment across most platforms. This game while undeniably buggy in places does a very good job at making the tension run high due to prema death. After you work on a character for quite a few hours and lose them it feels like that time u lost your best man in Xcom. where the game seems to fall short is the a few menu systems. The whole build up your home base idea is fantastic but a little confusing at first. Put it this way i knew i had to get mats to build with and i knew the mats were the little blocks in the menu screen. but i wasnt quite sure where to get them. I finally realized after exploration i needed to get the bulk from building sites and such which is pretty obvious when i think about it. But there was nothing that told me this in the beginning (at least nothing i noticed) i only found out after exploration which is also great but there was still no hint at this. Now im not saying i need my hand held through all games i play not at all i love the freedom its great. The thing is these things don't stand out when they are an integral part of the game. a casual gamer will just skim the surface of these things and not look twice. And this is a shame because this adds so much more depth to the game. On the side of glitches i never really ran into game breakers. Although i did have a glitch where on of my towns people i sent on a mission to pick up supplies. It was just after u move to the church and she moved all the way to the top of the map i didn't tell here to go here) and just stayed there. I went up to find her and she was just standing there till i arrived at which point she ran into a wall and stayed there. She did not come back to the home town again till i moved base again. Like i said not game breaking but very frustrating. Also had a few zombies with bad path-finding similar to that of day Z but still not to bad. that's the bad done so now onto the good. I really liked the looting system the fact u could rush the process but it makes more noise and attracts more Zs very cool. The freedom of the map was excellent, being able to go into every building i found was very satisfying in a exploration sense. The building of your base as confusing as it could be was great and the stat boost that came with it was very welcome. The leveling system was similar to that of skyrim, use a skill more often and you'll level it up faster. And perma death like i said earlier, i love perma death i think it adds a tension you cant get any other way. any game with this option i always use it and to then move onto a new character when you die and have to run back to grab the loot from the dead player was great. all in all i really enjoyed my time here with a few minor bug fixes this game could be much better. But in the end its a fantastic zombie survival game if your not sick of bashing in zombies brains and shooting them in the face this is a must have Expand
  21. Jun 20, 2013
    I can say that State of Decay, albeit being built on a terrible engine and being visually ugly, was a pleasant surprise. But there are many catches to this monster of an open world game. There are no frightening moments whatsoever. The open world compelled and begged me to explore it, and was quite fun to actually do this. This game is tricky. It has the potential to immerse youI can say that State of Decay, albeit being built on a terrible engine and being visually ugly, was a pleasant surprise. But there are many catches to this monster of an open world game. There are no frightening moments whatsoever. The open world compelled and begged me to explore it, and was quite fun to actually do this. This game is tricky. It has the potential to immerse you quite a lot but failed to do so to me. Expand
  22. Jun 27, 2013
    One of the best zombie horror survival games that I've ever played. However, some flaws make the game less enjoyable, like how; the story is weak, graphics are average, fraps drop regularly and characters feel like a re-skinned male or female. Characters often repeat dialog also. But the game is very fun the first play through, but it is less enjoyable after completion. Also, a big letOne of the best zombie horror survival games that I've ever played. However, some flaws make the game less enjoyable, like how; the story is weak, graphics are average, fraps drop regularly and characters feel like a re-skinned male or female. Characters often repeat dialog also. But the game is very fun the first play through, but it is less enjoyable after completion. Also, a big let down, was NO MULTIPLAYER. Also, and this might be just me, but the game was quite easy, as about 3 of my group members died, and 1 was because I got bored of everyone living, so I purposely handicapped her so that she would die. But this is a really good game for zombie fans if you can get past bugs and frame rate drops.This game will be MUCH better after the patches, updates, and general improvements. Expand
  23. Aug 29, 2013
    Este jogo muito bom, manter esse horror por trás dele sendo que um jogo de sobrevivência coletar suplementos armas e até mesmo carros que será muito útil, uma vez morto sempre morto não há mais volta, muito bom mas os gráficos e os erros que avilta o jogo, caso contrário o jogo recomendado tai um bom simulador de apocalipse zumbi. ótimo jogo survival
  24. Nov 12, 2013
    Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version. My mistake sry guys. Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for XboxWhoops I wrote a review for Xbox version. My mistake sry guys. Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version.Whoops I wrote a review for Xbox version. Expand
  25. Nov 10, 2013
    I was very hyped for this game. In fact, it was one of my most hyped game of the first half of this year, right up there with Metro: Last Light and Bioshock Infinite. I couldn't wait for State of Decay. Until I played it. Now, don't get me wrong, very little in State of Decay is broken. It just...isn't all that entertaining. The combat felt pretty simplistic, the visuals were ugly, theI was very hyped for this game. In fact, it was one of my most hyped game of the first half of this year, right up there with Metro: Last Light and Bioshock Infinite. I couldn't wait for State of Decay. Until I played it. Now, don't get me wrong, very little in State of Decay is broken. It just...isn't all that entertaining. The combat felt pretty simplistic, the visuals were ugly, the framerate was choppy, the interface a little clunky, and the glitches numerous and obvious. When State of Decay works right, though, it's still just "kinda fun". It's not a bad game by any means. It just doesn't do enough to keep the player engaged. Expand
  26. Jul 1, 2013
    The sense of survival is at your every step since making the slightest sound in this game will send a horde of zombies your way. I found though after you meet up at the Church... which happens about 30 min. into the game. The game itself no longer is a go explore this open sand box world of zombies and have fun.

My experience with this game is.. It seriously makes you do chore after

My experience with this game is.. It seriously makes you do chore after chore after chore after chore.
    It never stops.. Once you engage in a story progression mission (chore) you quickly become inundated with Lilly on the radio telling you your next chore.
    The impossible Tower Deffense mentality of the game making you Protect the ZONE HOME with defense measures which in itself cost you by doing more Chores to get things built.

The game will tell you at some point that an EXPERT of sorts are required to build a certain item.
    what the game doesn't help you with is letting you know if a character has gone missing or killed...
    that character could be the very EXPERT your needing.

So yeah the thing would be not to let anyone Die but that's where this game fails from being FUN to down right frustrating Despite the odds thrown at you you bound to either lose the characters that your not controlling or your going to lose the character you are controlling because of all the damn MICRO MANAGING you have to keep up with in this game.

Frustration only compiles when you find out that you lose your items that you scavenged the map relentlessly for.
    As you place these in the SUPPLY SAFE... The game will CHARGE you reputaion points to remove those very same items.

That's like a BANK charging you a fee to make withdrawl. Not from a ATM but from the Branch you put the money into.

As for RARE items you place into the Supply Locker.. The Non controlled characters have free roam to pillage your hard earned items like your M4 Rifle and you will never see it again.

End Result I do enough chores in my Real World Life. Killing Zombies is FUN.
    Doing chores to kill zombies is not.

Also... When the hell did Machete Blades start breaking after 5 swings ?

Gah.. This game sux. Really. I want my 10 hours back... you can keep the money.
  27. Feb 23, 2014
    There is no shortage of zombies in State of Decay. The game keeps you very busy with missions, building facilities, tending to other survivors, maintaining your home base and, of course, killing tons of (re-spawning) zombies. If you like to go at your own pace, then you'll be disappointed with SOD; Missions expire, infestations grow and materials deplete daily. There is no difficultThere is no shortage of zombies in State of Decay. The game keeps you very busy with missions, building facilities, tending to other survivors, maintaining your home base and, of course, killing tons of (re-spawning) zombies. If you like to go at your own pace, then you'll be disappointed with SOD; Missions expire, infestations grow and materials deplete daily. There is no difficult selector, so if you're not too coordinated with an XBOX controller, or like to buzz through games on easy, you will get frustrated. The music and sounds effects are nice, the graphics have some frame rate issues, driving feels good until it catches on fire from mowing down a few zombie hordes, combat is repetitive but satisfying (however your weapon breaks frequently), voice acting and writing is decent, and night cycles add an extra challenge. You won't get bored playing SOD and might even feel a little overwhelmed, but not always in a fun way. Not for the casual gamer (review the various strategy guides online for help), a solid game for the Zombie sub-genre. Expand
  28. Dec 22, 2013
    State of decay is an awesome zombie simulation with a few reasons to keep on playing past the quest line.
    Firt of all SoD is not graphically impressive, textures are constantly popping in and the frame rate is unacceptable at times but these issues have not impacted the fun of the game. The controls are very simple making it very easy to play and all of the survival elements are cool but my biggest issue with the game is difficulty at times it is too easy and Undead Labs really need to pull a hardcore mode together that will run in real-time and leaving the game shouldnt just have negative effects. whats wrong? does everyone forget that they need to collect food for survival?
    If you buy this game skip the main game and skip towards the breakdown DLC for a more open and challenging experience
  29. Nov 5, 2013
    State of Decay is a zombie survival game. There have been many zombie survival games to come out recently, riding off the success of the wildly popular ARMA II mod DayZ. State of Decay's unique twist is that you control a compound of survivors, being able to switch characters with differing stats with some RPG elements. If you like zombie survival games, you're probably going to get thisState of Decay is a zombie survival game. There have been many zombie survival games to come out recently, riding off the success of the wildly popular ARMA II mod DayZ. State of Decay's unique twist is that you control a compound of survivors, being able to switch characters with differing stats with some RPG elements. If you like zombie survival games, you're probably going to get this game no matter what. It's a pretty fun game, but it can get repetitive after completing the same side quests over and over. The graphics are nothing special that's perfectly fine and the melee combat is at least VASTLY better than say, Survivor Stories Infestation AKA The WarZ but it's not a top notch and deep melee system. It does the job just fine.

If you like zombie survival games, you should definitely add this game to your collection.
  30. Oct 27, 2013
    Why do game devs think releasing a bug riddled finished product is acceptable? anyhow, still fun to play, some frustrating oversights in game play: I can look through the bag but not take the bag, zombie has axe in head but I can't take the axe, Can't drive the car because doors are locked. I had really hoped that this would be a true go anywhere, do anything, post apoc experience.. but itWhy do game devs think releasing a bug riddled finished product is acceptable? anyhow, still fun to play, some frustrating oversights in game play: I can look through the bag but not take the bag, zombie has axe in head but I can't take the axe, Can't drive the car because doors are locked. I had really hoped that this would be a true go anywhere, do anything, post apoc experience.. but it still adheres to many rules that no longer apply in times like this. I may purchase the sequel, but only when it's on sale for $19.99 Expand
  31. Jun 6, 2013
    In two days I have played this game for 14 hours, I still haven't finished it, and every moment has been fantastic fun. Yes the game has some issues, but I can over look all of these issues because how thrilling this game can be. It is a survival game, taking on zombies should be avoided, and when your best character is cornered it is terrifying, and when you escape by the skin of my teethIn two days I have played this game for 14 hours, I still haven't finished it, and every moment has been fantastic fun. Yes the game has some issues, but I can over look all of these issues because how thrilling this game can be. It is a survival game, taking on zombies should be avoided, and when your best character is cornered it is terrifying, and when you escape by the skin of my teeth it was incredibly satisfying. If you're a fan of zombie games, or even someone looking for something unique, you must absolutely at least give this a try. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 7, 2013
    An entertaining zombie apocalypse sandbox. It's a bit rough visually, but makes up for it with a persistent world. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 16, 2013
    It's not the most beautiful and polished game, but the end of the world with all it’s small and big problems rarely felt this real.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Sep 4, 2013
    The Last of Us meets The Sims, mashed, salted and served with a few lumps. [Oct 2013, p.64]