• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Jun 19, 2012
2.5

1. Jun 19, 2012
    It´s not so bad. It is a hard game, not for children. A combination of joystick and motion control is another experience level that everyone should try. Kinect is far away from perfection, but with adequate space and calibration it works well.
  2. dct
    Jan 2, 2013
    Just got the game and had trouble with the kinect at first calibrated it still had trouble. Found that the light in the room was over my head put a light behind the kinect and it works great maybe some people might think different about kinect if they have there light shining on the front of them so it can see you better. As far as the game I love it hard at times but very challenging onJust got the game and had trouble with the kinect at first calibrated it still had trouble. Found that the light in the room was over my head put a light behind the kinect and it works great maybe some people might think different about kinect if they have there light shining on the front of them so it can see you better. As far as the game I love it hard at times but very challenging on mission 16 and cant get enough. Been playing for 3 to 8 hours at a time there is room for improvement but great game for the first one of its kind they will only get better from here. Expand
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    When the game was announced, I nearly wet myself with excitement. I dutifully went out and purchased a Kinect sensor, something I had no other planned use for.

Thankfully I played the demo before dropping cold hard cash for this steaming pile of runny poo-poo. Excellent concept, beautiful graphics, horrible execution. For most of the included mission, my virtual hands wandered haphazardly across the screen, helplessly activating every neat little gadget except whatever I was trying to use to avoid being blown to virtual smithereens.

I would sooner purchase a game about doing the laundry, thanks.

1. Oct 27, 2012
    This could have been a brilliant game. The problem is that it just doesn't work. The Kinect controls work only when they want to, and most of the time they don't, something that ruins an otherwise great experience.
  2. Oct 17, 2012
    For what it's worth, if I wanted a simulation of being crammed into a tiny, metal, low-tech claustrophobic coffin while people yell and attempt to kill me repeatedly while I struggle with basic controls, then Heavy Armor offers up quite the war experience. However, that's not what I was looking for, and I suspect that it's not something anyone else is after, either.
  3. Oct 17, 2012
    When it is working, Steel Battalion Heavy Armor is an exciting, engaging and immersive game – but to get to the end of the campaign you're going to need to love mechs and Kinect. A lot. The problem is the Kinect experience is a significant detractor to the point of annoyance. If you could just use the control pad it would have been a far better game, even more so if an adapter could have been provided to use the impressive controller from the first game.