• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Jun 19, 2012
2.3

1. Jun 19, 2012
    Probably the best game ever, and I am not saying that just because I work for Microsoft. From the get go, you a robot in the future/past. Your name is withheld, and you get to talk to three major stereotypes as squadmates a lot. You try to get some reading done when you need to recalibrate Kinect. Have I ever mentioned how Kinect is awesome and really works well? Oh, it sure does. Don'tProbably the best game ever, and I am not saying that just because I work for Microsoft. From the get go, you a robot in the future/past. Your name is withheld, and you get to talk to three major stereotypes as squadmates a lot. You try to get some reading done when you need to recalibrate Kinect. Have I ever mentioned how Kinect is awesome and really works well? Oh, it sure does. Don't let the absolute worse site reviews fool you, this is a solid one out of ten. Expand
  2. Jun 19, 2012
    There's a reason why we don't want a Steel Battalion sequel on the horrible XBOX 360 Kinect. This is the first M-rated Steel Battalion game, seriously? Let's go way back to 2001, the same year that Devil May Cry flourished hardcore gamers everywhere, the original XBOX releases Steel Battalion and it is one of those tank games you've never played or haven't owned. But it's worth a tryThere's a reason why we don't want a Steel Battalion sequel on the horrible XBOX 360 Kinect. This is the first M-rated Steel Battalion game, seriously? Let's go way back to 2001, the same year that Devil May Cry flourished hardcore gamers everywhere, the original XBOX releases Steel Battalion and it is one of those tank games you've never played or haven't owned. But it's worth a try because it deserves cult status. The second sequel, Line of Contact, was somewhat decent with some minor mishaps of flawed gameplay and little easy on the combat systems. But why XBOX 360? For those of you who owns a Kinect must not buy this game because everything is a mess. The script is garbage, the gameplay looks nifty, the controls were... well, it's far from a bust, but what does "You Are the Controller" has to do anything with this bad flavor of a chocolate Call of Duty mud cake? This is quite possible not only the worst sequel of the year, but it's one of the worst games of 2012 so far. Avoid this crap just like Battleship. Expand
  3. Jul 27, 2012
    This may be the most broken game ever created. You will get more enjoyment laughing at someone trying to play this. The story is shallow, the lip syncing is horrible, the graphics are barely passible, and the controls are just the worst thing you will endure in your life. I dont get how anyone could make a game this horrible, but they did. It makes me want to hack metacritic so i can giveThis may be the most broken game ever created. You will get more enjoyment laughing at someone trying to play this. The story is shallow, the lip syncing is horrible, the graphics are barely passible, and the controls are just the worst thing you will endure in your life. I dont get how anyone could make a game this horrible, but they did. It makes me want to hack metacritic so i can give this game less than a zero, it sucks that bad. For the love of god, do not buy, do not rent, its not even worth stealing. Expand
  4. Jun 24, 2012
    Yes indeed I too agree the JabbaTheSlush and thank you for mentioning you work for M$ because just on that knowledge i ran and bought this awesomely polished and perfect game. It is flawless and shown why we would all love the new smart glass because im sure it too will be without bugs and work as displayed.

This game should be running in every game shop showing just why you would want

This game should be running in every game shop showing just why you would want a kinect and how the console controls work in sync. Because thats what you want to be using every control that goes with a console and of course have to own it to play the game.

Yes perfect combination and the reason why these games are surely more successful than the COD franchise.
  5. Jul 9, 2012
    It's in colour, and for the most part you understand what is happening. Such a sorry and utterly pathetic waste of potential that actually raises doubts over Kinect's continued support. Avoid, at all cost.
  6. Jul 7, 2012
    As a PS3 owner I must say I am extremely jealous you guys have this exclusive, I loved the original and it's massive controller scheme... But who needs controllers/buttons anymore when we have the Amazing Kinect, the Kinect has proven time and time again that it is THE device to have, You are the controller and you will know this when playing this AAA amazing game, everything is perfect,As a PS3 owner I must say I am extremely jealous you guys have this exclusive, I loved the original and it's massive controller scheme... But who needs controllers/buttons anymore when we have the Amazing Kinect, the Kinect has proven time and time again that it is THE device to have, You are the controller and you will know this when playing this AAA amazing game, everything is perfect, the controls will blow your mind... I will be selling my PS3 so I can buy a 360/Kinect combo - Everyone buy this game and feel the power (buy Kinect StarWars too that's also amazing) Expand
  7. Aug 2, 2012
    DO not **** BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Jan 7, 2013
    This game is totally uncontrollable and no point of shooting at your enemies because as soon as you aim they start shooting. Call of Duty and Battlefield are 1000 times better than this waste of $30.
  9. Jul 22, 2012
    another awful game where 4 of the 5 reviewers who gave it a positive are just created accounts by people involved with the game just to bump it so it appears there are some gamers who like the sort of thing they've made. This does not work, no one who has been on the internet for more than 15 mins will look at a game which is known to be rubbish and fall for 4 blatently fake "gamer"another awful game where 4 of the 5 reviewers who gave it a positive are just created accounts by people involved with the game just to bump it so it appears there are some gamers who like the sort of thing they've made. This does not work, no one who has been on the internet for more than 15 mins will look at a game which is known to be rubbish and fall for 4 blatently fake "gamer" reviews.

Even from the critics side I have to say offical xbox magazine just making themselves look like idiots giving this 75% it is unplayable, kinect was just not made for this type of really complicated controls, driving a car perfect, dancing game perfect, child of eden blasting stuff with your hands, perfect. trying to reach for one button in your **** to stop you being rocketed to death while kinect is trying to work out which button you want to press for the final 30 secs of your life in the game... no there is no human alive would think this game is worthy of any reviews in the green here. I love my kinect but dear god guys if you make a junk game for it don't give it some fake reviews saying its great, if someone was to buy into kinect and buy this awful game they would think hey.... wait so this gets 75% so this is as good as it gets on kinect and miss out on the actual games which work perfectly fine using it.
  10. Jul 6, 2012
    All your base are belong to us!

Your on the way to destruction, make your time....

That sums up alot of these reviews I think.

If anyone has any doubts go watch the AngryJoe review and see how awesome kinect works on this game.
  11. Sep 18, 2012
    When the game was announced, I nearly wet myself with excitement. I dutifully went out and purchased a Kinect sensor, something I had no other planned use for.

Thankfully I played the demo before dropping cold hard cash for this steaming pile of runny poo-poo. Excellent concept, beautiful graphics, horrible execution. For most of the included mission, my virtual hands wandered haphazardly across the screen, helplessly activating every neat little gadget except whatever I was trying to use to avoid being blown to virtual smithereens.

I would sooner purchase a game about doing the laundry, thanks.
  12. Nov 28, 2012
    This game simply put is an unplayable mess. The Kinect has proven time and time again to be a waste of gamer's money, but the limitations of the unit are on full display here. I had such a hard time attempting to do ANYTHING, that I simply gave up about halfway through the game. I had high hopes for this title, but this game above all others cemented my hatred of motion controls.
  13. Feb 14, 2013
    What the F**k is this S**T?! This S**t SUCKS! The Kinect SUCKS! Why do we keep forgiving this inferior product? When will we understand that the Kinect is not made for the hardcore gamers! I have never in my life played a game this terrible. If you look at all the games I have reviewed, I considered Sniper Ghost Warrior, and Nascar 08 to be the worst games I have ever played, but playingWhat the F**k is this S**T?! This S**t SUCKS! The Kinect SUCKS! Why do we keep forgiving this inferior product? When will we understand that the Kinect is not made for the hardcore gamers! I have never in my life played a game this terrible. If you look at all the games I have reviewed, I considered Sniper Ghost Warrior, and Nascar 08 to be the worst games I have ever played, but playing this game yesterday on the Kinect, this game takes the spot as the WORST game I have ever seen. Don't take my word for it. Many people have the same complaints I do. Sh***y graphics, annoying characters, no help whatsoever, short and crappy campaign, and worse of all the control is BROKEN!! BROKEN!!! I have tried numerous things to improve my experience for the Kinect and it still SUCKS! I don't know who's idea was this, but this is the worst idea for a video game I have seen! Do not buy this game unless you want to torture yourself or be sent to a cruel and unusual punishment. Expand
  14. Feb 8, 2013
    Alright, I have to say, this game was terrible. I played the original Steel Battalion and liked it a bit. This game could have been better if it wasn't a KINECT game. Controlling a tank? Cool. Controlling it with the KINECT? Sucks. I give this game a 0. Sorry, but this game is a rip off.
  15. Mar 24, 2013
    This game was so bad, it gave me Vietnam flashbacks. The messed thing about that was that i've been there. I'm only 20 and i'm getting vivid nightmares of my platoon being murdered before my eyes! In all seriousness though, the controls are crappy and the graphics and story suck.
  16. May 24, 2014
    in a world where everyone is trying so hard to recover the fallen samurai(kinect) a mentor(developer) came with a brilliant idea: the great game of destiny(A new steel battalion game), the mentor taught the samurai everything he knew,they were about to be successful but the evil shogun of japan(capcom) kidnapped the samurai before his training was complete and forced him to battle his wayin a world where everyone is trying so hard to recover the fallen samurai(kinect) a mentor(developer) came with a brilliant idea: the great game of destiny(A new steel battalion game), the mentor taught the samurai everything he knew,they were about to be successful but the evil shogun of japan(capcom) kidnapped the samurai before his training was complete and forced him to battle his way out in the wild! Out numbered and untrained the samurai knew that he has lost,he knew that he maybe lost his final chance but he fought until his final blood dropped but he was unlucky,the villagers thought that he was the evil force,what they didn't know was that the shogun was all behind this! Expand
  17. Jun 24, 2012

This game should be running in every game shop showing just why you would want

1. Oct 27, 2012
    This could have been a brilliant game. The problem is that it just doesn't work. The Kinect controls work only when they want to, and most of the time they don't, something that ruins an otherwise great experience.
  2. Oct 17, 2012
    For what it's worth, if I wanted a simulation of being crammed into a tiny, metal, low-tech claustrophobic coffin while people yell and attempt to kill me repeatedly while I struggle with basic controls, then Heavy Armor offers up quite the war experience. However, that's not what I was looking for, and I suspect that it's not something anyone else is after, either.
  3. Oct 17, 2012
    When it is working, Steel Battalion Heavy Armor is an exciting, engaging and immersive game – but to get to the end of the campaign you're going to need to love mechs and Kinect. A lot. The problem is the Kinect experience is a significant detractor to the point of annoyance. If you could just use the control pad it would have been a far better game, even more so if an adapter could have been provided to use the impressive controller from the first game.