8.1

1. PatP.
    Aug 29, 2007
    I'm a longtime fan of the series and have played all previous versions of this game save for the Saturn edition (that includes PSX, Dreamcast import, arcade emulation, GBA, and PSP), I feel comfortable claiming that this is the best version available. The gameplay is spot on, and the balancing changes made to the X' version are welcome (finally Ryu doesn't suck). The HD I'm a longtime fan of the series and have played all previous versions of this game save for the Saturn edition (that includes PSX, Dreamcast import, arcade emulation, GBA, and PSP), I feel comfortable claiming that this is the best version available. The gameplay is spot on, and the balancing changes made to the X' version are welcome (finally Ryu doesn't suck). The HD graphics are crisp but keep the same old school feel. Of course, the online play is the big selling point and it works quite well, except that strangely you must pull both trigger buttons to enable voice chat. My only complaints are: the new sound effects when gems are shattering are a bit much, the difficulty of the single player seems to have have been ramped down significantly (expert seems to be about as hard as normal used to be), and there are some instances where it lacks polish, such as mis-matched fonts and ugly menus. All in all it's a great version of a great game, and definitely worth the $10 admission. Expand

1. All told, the addictive, approachable gameplay that made "Puzzle Fighter" a cult hit feels as fresh as ever, and the HD Remix is arguably the series' best incarnation to date. [Oct 2007, p.76]
    Most definitely addicting. At times, I found myself with sore eyes as I refused to blink during particularly intense matches. How often does that happen with a downloadable game? Not often enough.
  3. No, it won’t be for everyone, but for the player who wants to jump into something different or who already knows the Super Puzzle Fighter gameplay and wants to enjoy it on the Xbox 360, this is a wonderful addition.