6.1

1. Apr 30, 2013
    I have to admit that I am not the target audience. I must be 20 years too old! This was purely a purchase for the EASY 1000 gamerpoints on offer.
    For this though it was not all that terrible. Its an arcade style game kind of like doing the half pipe in a Tony Hawks game. You sweep up a wave, perform a stunt get some points and boost and continue. It is mixed up by having to get collectibles through some of the maps but this is easy as whatever you have picked up on previous run throughs is not present on retry attempts so its very easy to get. I would be unsure if kids would really get that much out of the game. It is very one dimensional and I personally do not thing that this would give more than a few hours before kids got bored.
    Graphically its not all that great and the AI is terrible (Again possibly as its a kids game)
    This would be a purchase for me only if cheap and if you are looking to boost you gamer score.

The gameplay is simple but enjoyable and kids in love with the movie are sure to have a good time with the game, but the fact remains that this is a bloated price tag on a barebones game.
  2. Hanging 10 in this movie-licensed surfing game has its moments--just don't expect to enjoy it for very long.
  3. Surf’s Up could have been another crappy shovelware title based on yet another animated movie license. Instead it turned out to be one hell of a fun ride, albeit an extremely short one.