7.1

1. Feb 21, 2012
    do you like to be blinded? then this is the game for you
    in this game you are a walking camera,so you have headbob and other constant screen shakes
    there is blur,bloob,blinding lights etc.

and when you aim down the sights the whole screen zooms in,yeah so cool

do game developers even go to schools ?
  2. Feb 22, 2012
    SYNDICATE, for me, has got to be one of the WORST, frustrating games that I have EVER played. Instructions are minimal, incremental, and sparse; environmental puzzles are some of the more obtuse of any that I have every encountered. STARBREEZE has crafted a very frenetic, FPS with emphasis on 4-player co-op, although, there is a singleplayer component as well. With others, as designed,SYNDICATE, for me, has got to be one of the WORST, frustrating games that I have EVER played. Instructions are minimal, incremental, and sparse; environmental puzzles are some of the more obtuse of any that I have every encountered. STARBREEZE has crafted a very frenetic, FPS with emphasis on 4-player co-op, although, there is a singleplayer component as well. With others, as designed, it may be passible. The singleplayer portion was, for me, horrible in almost every facet from graphics with excessive bloom, nonintuitive puzzles, and having the game autosave when I had little ammo while heaping-on adversaries so that my reloaded savegame would drop me into a heavy firefight with little chance. While many players might consider me "lame" and shout "go back to WOW" it's also true that I will NOT play a game that imo is not fun and a complete waste of money!?! Expand
  3. Mar 18, 2012
    Ignore these starbreeze employers, its a generic, simplistic shooter with no strategy or much story to speak of, not sure why they stole the syndicate brand as people who buy this wont know of it, and the ones who do will be pissed they made it into a dumb brainless shooter, utter crap!
    I'll give it a 1, they spelled syndicate right I guess.
  4. Apr 5, 2012
    Worse FPS I have played thus far. Trying to hack while you are in the middle of a firefight? Enemies more FASTER then you can shoot? Ok I get that you are in the distant future where you are chipped for your company and being this super kickass solider for you company to take out the competition is the jist but......Yeah I'm drawing a blank too cause there are some aspects to the game thatWorse FPS I have played thus far. Trying to hack while you are in the middle of a firefight? Enemies more FASTER then you can shoot? Ok I get that you are in the distant future where you are chipped for your company and being this super kickass solider for you company to take out the competition is the jist but......Yeah I'm drawing a blank too cause there are some aspects to the game that I just didn't get or was poorly explained in the "training" session of the game. The hack a wall to explode or provide cover would have been great but it was so poorly implemented that you passed right over it to even get it to work. The whole overlay thing was useless cause it was like a mix of slomo and heat vision and it added nothing to the game except using it to recover once you got the add-on. Boss fights would have been great if you could have used your surroundings to hinder or harm your enemy cause there were times I died from a special gun or ability that they had and I didn't. Cover in the game is totally useless and at times there is none or very little. Weapons were not that great ( not expecting MW3 quality) but when I place a shotgun POINT BLANK in someones face I expect a head to explode no matter the armament worn or special enchancement used. Anything good about the game....Not much, graphic wise its good looking, sound wise is alright, controls are a little floaty but nothing that takes away from the game and the levels are easy to get around in. But sad to say that none of these really set this game apart from any of the other medicore FPS's. This game is MAYBE a step above Bodycount and I rated that thing in the toliet.

Rent or Buy?- Rent ONLY IF YOU HAVE GAMEFLY!! Plus people this game will really have you scratching your head at the end too
  5. Apr 6, 2012
    Unlike most of the reviews here I can honestly say it sucks having completed 95% of it. Hopefully you wont make the mistake of renting this like I did. If you buy it, ouch.

The lighting is beyond terrible. Even with a calibrated plasma the settings are always too dark or too bright depending on the level/location you are currently at, you will be constantly adjusting settings as you play. It is not your tv, its the game.

There is also the WTF effect where some lights and reflective surfaces are just too bright. Not LED flashlight bright but 5 feet from the sun bright. When you have trouble seeing because the lights in the room are brighter then staring into the sun its a problem. Its distracting, blinding. and very annoying but does seem to be used less further into the game. I assume it was a dev bug that gave certain places +6000% normal light power.

The graphics are subpar not bad nor good. The settings for 89% of the levels are bland and boring. Despite the fact the levels take place in different areas/locales they are basically the same. Most missions take place inside buildings that strangely besides the color of the walls all look and feel the same. The game is 90% Office buildings 10% outside in back alleys/roofs or running to your transport. Unlike other games the atmosphere of this game just isn't there. You never feel immersed in the location or even in the game universe itself. There is no mention of anything about the world the game takes place in outside of what you see the main character doing. Leaving you to wonder if anything even exists in their universe other then office buildings, security guards, and nameless scientist. The game setting is in 2069 yet you see nothing about civilization or anything else, just one mission location to the next.

Gameplay is ok. There is nothing new here or "tactical" like some suspicious reviews here some to praise. You start your mission and are lead trough each objective by your synthetic computer. While your first thought here is probably that the synthetic computer is going to be your proverbial buddy-cop providing help, comical relief, and company in the lonely world of office raiding. You are wrong, very wrong. The entire game it does nothing but expressionlessly say go here, go there, do this, do that. Its pretty much a vocal only gps. There is literally 0 story and 0 interaction with the voice in your head.

Breach is the only special ability you have and there is only 3 types of breaches in single player. You proceed room by room, clearing each set of enemies. There is no deviation by which office building you are in. Its always the same routine. You enter a room, enemies appear, take cover, use see thru wall. If its a group use Left or Right breach. If he has armor/shield use Top breach. Use slow motion to shoot everyone in the head. Hide while slow motion recharges, repeat. Works on expert.

While fps by nature is repetitive its not so damn boring. Reviews here say its new/tactical and even the game was marketed as being a new+smarter kind of fps but what do they have exactly? You can see through walls with an ability. Breaching is nothing more then another word for ability or spell or magic. Your 3 breaches are: Making a enemy shoot his friends, making a enemy blow himself+ his friends up, or normal breach which is used to remove shields and activate objects/switches and that is it. Not only is this game nothing new, its has less then the average game.

The single player story is, well there is no story. The story is given to you 15 seconds at a time from radio feeds from 1 of 2 characters during mission. In the entire game there is only 4 characters that have names/role. yes 4. 1. Your friend. 2. A girl 3. Your employer 4. ????(a spoiler). There is 3 bosses with names but they have 0 story and just kinda appear. Apart from that everyone is either a masked soldier or a unnamed scientist.

Reviews here also say the Multiplayer was good. It is if you like doing the SP campaign over and over vs a computer. It seems fun for the first 2-3 hours then you realize that's all it is.

Achievement hunters? Don't bother for 100%. Many dumb achivs including one for breaching 800+ grenades or 100% MP completion with grinds like halo commendations.

I was on last level before the ending and i reloaded to checkpoint from the pause screen and game froze during the load( one of many random freezes during loads on this game). After restarting i find my campaign file is corrupted and freezes every time I try to load it. For some reason you are not allowed multiple saves and with the chapter select you can only replay levels. which means if i wanted to see the ending or get any of the completed achivs for game finish + finish on expert I would have to start a new game. You know its a bad game when not only will I NOT reply to see the story or get the achivs but I wont even youtube the ending because I don't care about the story.
  6. Apr 6, 2012

1. May 13, 2012
    The game doesn't create a massive fissure in the first-person shooter genre, but the DART and breach systems do add some cool wrinkles to an otherwise straightforward experience with some of the best gun play I've had in recent memory.
    Syndicate is an excellent shooter that does a lot of things right in the gameplay department. A fun combination of excellent gunplay combined with an okay range of abilities and powers and some well put together melee moves makes the game a mixed bag that never gets too old.
  3. May 5, 2012
    Syndicate shows a lot of potential, but never seems to come out of its shell. For that, it just feels all too familiar. It delivers on a delightful atmosphere though, and the coöp mode will keep players busy for a couple of intense hours. A fine snack, but definitely not the cult classic the old Syndicate was.