• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Dec 19, 2007
4.5

1. Sambo
    Dec 20, 2007
    Awful... Tempest used to be a great little shooter on ye olde platforms... and whilst I think games like this have a place in the Xbox Live Arcade experience, only as a groups of games of the same ilk... there's no way anyone should spend points on this. As a game... it's not even that good... the controls are shoddy, with your sprite hardly controllable in any sensible way. Awful... Tempest used to be a great little shooter on ye olde platforms... and whilst I think games like this have a place in the Xbox Live Arcade experience, only as a groups of games of the same ilk... there's no way anyone should spend points on this. As a game... it's not even that good... the controls are shoddy, with your sprite hardly controllable in any sensible way. Don't waste your points or your time... you'll never get either back again. Expand
  2. JosephK.
    Dec 26, 2007
    Why God, why????? One of my favorite games from childhood ruined by the worst control I've ever seen on a 360 game! Can someone design a 360-compatible spinwheel doohickey so we can see if this game is actually playable?

1. Only hardcore retro addicts should drop the five bucks. [Nov 2007, p.94]
  2. By trying to craft an updated experience for a new generation of gamers, Tempest ends up losing a lot of the luster that originally made it such a hit. Toss in some wonky and unresponsive controls, as well as an additional high-speed mode that only the most hardcore of gamers would be willing to even try and attempt to play, and you end up with an experience that just doesn’t warrant even the budget price of 400 Microsoft Points (or about $5).
    Tempest is functional, and for five bucks you really shouldn’t expect much more.