6.6

1. Sep 18, 2013
    Quite a disappointment and it forever be a stain on Xcom and is proof that pretty graphics can't save a game from disappointment I mean they could have made an excellent third person shooter.
  2. Aug 23, 2013
    Not a bad as feared, but clearly another game ruined by the catering to the console people.

Good Overall game mechanic is acceptable (combat) graphic ok Voice acting ok Bad Story holes the size of the moon RPG element is junk You max your chars to fast Everything is linear. if you open the wrong door, you cant go back, one of the worst things the console people have ever

Good
    Overall game mechanic is acceptable (combat)
    graphic ok
    Voice acting ok

Bad
    Story holes the size of the moon
    RPG element is junk
    You max your chars to fast
    Everything is linear.
    if you open the wrong door, you cant go back, one of the worst things the console people have ever brought to the PC world.
    Running around the base gets pretty tedious very fast
    The whole backpack upgrade part should have been changed to something else entirely.
    The main char is a bit of a dick, he is just not likeable, you want a tough guy template, look to Jack Bauer or Guerrero.

While the bad list is much longer than the good, the game is not horrible, just not very good, you play it through once, and forget about it.
  3. Mar 8, 2014
    Those suggesting the tactical interface and commands don't work in this game I would suggest simply don't know how to play a game like this, the command system and combat works remarkably well you just have to stay on top of it and constantly issue new orders to your NPCs.
    Decent graphics, pretty much what you expect out of the story line, average music and sound but overall a very enjoyable experience, I would say unlike Enemy Unknown, which is undoubtedly the better game, Declassified has little to no replay value, but you should enjoy your first romp through.
  4. Sep 16, 2013
    Great atmosphere. The 60s feeling is authentic. Good battles. Nicely implemented real time strategy. Good balance on the shooting/strategy. More complex than Brothers in Arms or Spec Ops. Nice art and the VO contribute to the atmosphere.

- Mediocre graphx, boring characters, the pacing is uneven and the decisions you make through the dialogue have no consequences at all. The end mission(s) are kinda nice. It borrows many elements from the Mass Effect series without the heart of it.
  5. Aug 25, 2013
    Remember years ago when the devs of this game had announced a first person XCOM that was like a detective game in some ways? I was interested it sounded fresh and had the potential to be amazing but instead we got a third person tactical shooter with A.I that usually has to be baby sited constantly, don't get me wrong this game will appeal to a lot of people but if you think this isRemember years ago when the devs of this game had announced a first person XCOM that was like a detective game in some ways? I was interested it sounded fresh and had the potential to be amazing but instead we got a third person tactical shooter with A.I that usually has to be baby sited constantly, don't get me wrong this game will appeal to a lot of people but if you think this is another RTS XCOM you're gonna be disappointed.
    Want a 3rd person cover based tactical shooter with the XCOM theme? buy this game
    Want a RTS XCOM? wait for XCOM: Enemy Within

1. Oct 3, 2013
    Better than it has any right to be, but still deeply flawed. [Nov 2013, p.68]
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    It's not ready yet. [Issue#102, p.78]
  3. Sep 15, 2013
    Interesting gameplay mechanics and a suspense-rich plot make it a game worth to be tried, even if it could have been much better.